These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"post with your main!"... what defines a main and is that really what people want?

Author
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#81 - 2012-08-18 18:57:58 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Spectre80 wrote:
posting with alt is common because of the sociopathic nature of eve community. someone doesnt like your post and he can haunt you long time in game. thats one reason and second reason i can think is that alliance or corporation character is in prohibits any forum posting.

Most interesting answer considering OP's thread and comments. Normal people ignore sociopaths witch just makes of those "frustrated sociopaths" who are then able to post dumb threads about e-peen, internet importance, insulting/provocation, threatening with youtube vids (Prencleeve was an example).

It's one way or another for some of them to feel they exist and actually matter, and the only ones giving importance to their crap is either their alts or other sociopaths. Actually if you feel the need to justify yourself why you post with an alt then you're probably one too Lol

It's the internet, you do your best to avoid crazy people.

I don't know where this idea that alts are different comes from. They're the same as the main character, they just don't want to be followed by crazy people. It's a perfectly natural reaction.

To suggest that I post on my main makes me suspicious of you and why you would insist on that. That's my only reaction, I never consider posting on my main.
Kyra Felann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2012-08-18 19:04:23 UTC
I only have one character, so obviously she's my main.
Call Me Allen
Doomheim
#83 - 2012-08-18 23:17:00 UTC
there are no such things as mains. i'm a person, not a character. they are all a part of the game i'm playing.
Estheria Quintessimo
Mechanical Eagles Inc.
#84 - 2012-08-18 23:35:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Estheria Quintessimo
This is a main because....

She is much sexier looking then my alts. Did I mention I am a game crossdresser? Lol

Gosh I am a hot main !!!.... Shocked

Ha, do not worry,.... for real dirty things I game-crossdress in APB :D .... I am a neat and smart obedient Caldari girl in EVE. Please dont kill my clone... I'll loose my implants and I'll just be a dumb 'blond' again.

In general I will post on my main. The times I felt the need to post on an alt was in one of those "rate the avatar" topics,... then I posted with one of my zombies one day.

I felt very sad though,... one day... someone rated ME almost at zombie level. But that happens. I just posted something similar back. Those things happen.

I blaimed the hairdresser that did this clone's hair,.... and the poster ofcourse.

I can understand ppl who post on their alts though.... If you going to insult someone heavy,... you'd better do it on an alt. Especially if you are in a corp and/or alliance and your chitter chatter in the forum will get them into a hard and cold war. That wont be smart ... So I guess those ppl would post with alts in general.

Neque femina amissa pudicitia alia abnuerit.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#85 - 2012-08-18 23:46:53 UTC
This is my main. I see no reason to not post with it. EVE is just a game. If someone really takes so much offense to something I say that they want to hunt me down, more power to them (they could just ask... much easier that way).
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#86 - 2012-08-19 00:16:18 UTC
I tend to do everything with my main; I attempt rational discourse, I troll, I argue and I show support. My EVE character is in some ways an extension of me, though with the inherent anonymity of being behind a computer screen I am somewhat more vociferous and loquacious than I may otherwise be "In real life".

I have even been war dec'd because of something I once said in here, but I do not let that stop me. My opinions are my own, and if I choose to air them in a public forum then I should also be willing to accept any possible consequences. By posting with my main (yes I do have alts) I feel I am putting my real self out there to be judged, kindly or otherwise, and hopefully earn a modicum of respect along the way.

Having said that, just because someone may not post with their "main", I do not automatically exclude or otherwise ignore the opinions and ideas those people may post on these forums. Many of the best ideas in human history have come from the pens and mouths of such unknown people. I prefer to judge an idea on its merits, and not solely upon the person by whom it is delivered, to do so would be foolish.

-posting with my main-

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Ashera Yune
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-08-19 08:44:42 UTC
This is rich coming people talking about being men talking behind their "mains", while remaining in safety of in the anonymous internet.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth."

Kahlil Gibran