These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fleet Boosting, A discussion:

Author
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#81 - 2012-10-27 00:14:22 UTC
Switch the bonus on command ships and T3s for this upcoming patch. Not saying it is the perfect fix, but it is a step in the right direction and can be implemented with ease.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#82 - 2012-10-27 00:57:04 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Switch the bonus on command ships and T3s for this upcoming patch. Not saying it is the perfect fix, but it is a step in the right direction and can be implemented with ease.


I disagree... I think a much more reasonable solution is to just prevent Command Processors from being fit to t3's....
Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2012-10-27 01:42:34 UTC
I am all for keeping the option of off grid boost. Removing this option of play styles therefore dumbing Down the game

Besides a ship has the decloak to boost
In the future boosting from inside a Pos shields will be gone with the new Pos system comes out, which will no longer have shields
In the future we will have the fleet boost of T3s dropped to 3% and the Command ship increased to 5% in the future, so the slippery nigh detectable boosting ship will become less awsome

Personally I think the signature radius of a ship grows, when the fleet boosters are active, or decrease their sensor strength to make them supper easy to scan down

This should keep the possibility of having to location battle open

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2012-10-27 02:37:36 UTC
Perhaps the issue isn't with off-grid boosting but with the bonuses themselves?

Let's face it, your MWD's speed bonus being 35% higher while your signature radius is reduced by 35% and your tackle mods gain +50% optimal all while gaining 15% agility just because some guy in your gang is running 3 modules and has a special implant in his head is sort of ridiculous!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#85 - 2012-10-27 02:52:08 UTC
The whole thing where it's trivial to make it practically impossible to scan down fleet boosting ships is kind of an issue too. As is the fact that actually putting fleet boosters on grid with you is super suboptimal because of how fragile they are.

The whole thing is just dumb. There are a huge number of factors that make off-grid boosting the absolute best course of action for fleet boosts in every possible situation. But I severely doubt CCP will try and do anything to address those problems and instead will just make it so fleet boosters only give bonuses when on grid without changing anything else to support on-grid boosting.

Because that's just how they roll.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#86 - 2012-10-27 03:03:24 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
There are a huge number of factors that make off-grid boosting the absolute best course of action for fleet boosts in every possible situation. But I severely doubt CCP will try and do anything to address those problems and instead will just make it so fleet boosters only give bonuses when on grid without changing anything else to support on-grid boosting.

Because that's just how they roll.

We see them rollin' ...

we trollin'

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#87 - 2012-10-27 04:26:48 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
So we have those greedy carebear afk miners on the one side.
They do not tank their hulks, because they fit them for maximum yield. They mine mostly afk.
ArrowAn outrage. They need to be hunted down and killed.

On the other hand we have those afk offf grid boosters.
They do not tank their ships, because they fit for a maximum amount of links. They boost off grid and afk.
ArrowThat's ok, they need to be offgrid because they have no other way to defend themselves.

I hope that I am not the only one who finds this absolutely moronic....
Slight difference.
One group refused to protect themselves. The other group is to a certain extent protecting themselves, and doesn't want that protection removed. "Save me, CCP!" vs. "Don't nerf me, CCP!"

Who put the goat in there?

Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#88 - 2012-10-27 04:34:40 UTC
Andski wrote:
Perhaps the issue isn't with off-grid boosting but with the bonuses themselves?

Let's face it, your MWD's speed bonus being 35% higher while your signature radius is reduced by 35% and your tackle mods gain +50% optimal all while gaining 15% agility just because some guy in your gang is running 3 modules and has a special implant in his head is sort of ridiculous!

And if they are on grid then they are in more danger of getting shut off. I feel the bonuses themselves are fine, it's the implementation of said boosts that are out of wack.

  • Move boosts on grid.
  • Remove the ability for T3 to fit command processors.
  • Remove the booster role from fleet and automatically assign highest booster attributes to fleet.

  • That is how you fix it.

    SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

    Skydell
    Bad Girl Posse
    #89 - 2012-10-27 05:45:16 UTC
    In a perfect EVE I wouldn't be AFK behind a POS shield. I'd have everyone on a watch list and would be calling Logi targets but it's hard to know when that kind of fleet management will be available to us.
    Michael1995
    Lazerhawks
    L A Z E R H A W K S
    #90 - 2012-10-27 06:02:29 UTC
    Offgrid boosters: Reduced effect, say 50-75% less.
    Ongrid boosters: Full effect.

    Or just remove offgrid boosting entirely and do a few balances here and there.
    T3s do need to have their boost amount reduced to make command ships more viable though, it's a bit crazy that they have been left this long.

    Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

    Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

    Bobo Cindekela
    Doomheim
    #91 - 2012-10-27 10:49:17 UTC
    offgrid boosting is awesome, get your dual-boxing gloves on and HTFU

    besides, everytime someone makes a remove offgrid boosting thread the accountants point out that people WILL cancel subs that they have been paying for and training for months/years just to have their own boosters, and cancelled subs makes the ceo cry

    You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

    Solj RichPopolous
    A Blessed Bean
    Pandemic Horde
    #92 - 2012-10-27 13:25:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Solj RichPopolous
    I use a booster lots. Gives us an edge when we fight 30 vs 5 fleets. I dont think this is relevant to my associates and I though since we are in high sec (not on a station). I have a clay alt for high and a loki for low sec runs. I guess low being on grid could become an issue but i suppose id put him at some obnoxious range or just rig some ludacris 100mn fit for it to make it untouchable for the most part.

    Now that i think about it that would make for a wonderful distraction to the population of eve who dont understand sig radius and would try to pursue it while being killed.
    Lin-Young Borovskova
    Doomheim
    #93 - 2012-10-27 16:53:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Lin-Young Borovskova
    Gevlin wrote:
    I am all for keeping the option of off grid boost. Removing this option of play styles therefore dumbing Down the game



    Dumbing down the game is when "alts" are all you need to play whatever game, it's when you need hacks to play for you or broken mechanics to exploit because without those you couldn't do anything by yourself.

    Combat OGB is terrible and should simply be removed from the game.


    Quote:
    ...besides, everytime someone makes a remove offgrid boosting thread the accountants point out that people WILL cancel subs that they have been paying for and training for months/years just to have their own boosters, and cancelled subs makes the ceo cry


    Let them unsub, will not take more than a month they get back, and if they don't then this game will just become better, some players don't even deserve to play this game when it comes to sociability and teamwork.
    Flash news: this is an MMO and you can twist your dictionary as much as you can but the only dumb down the game in this discussion if the fact OGB still exists.
    I too want reps off grid, shoot rocks off grid...

    brb

    half of eve
    Royal Amarr Institute
    Amarr Empire
    #94 - 2012-10-27 21:24:26 UTC
    The problem with removing OGBs is that t3 link users will become useless. The problem with CSs as they are now is that they're really not that useful beyond their ability to boost.

    Leave OGBs as they are, buff field CSs to be on the same level as the eos pre-nerf (Or give them the ability to field links and put out ~700 DPS at least) the idea being that because of how boring pvp is if your only job is to be the booster, you'd ideally want to be able to actually contribute to the fight in a CS. Off-grid links wouldn't be as big a problem if on-grid boosting wasn't so pointless and boring.
    Tikktokk Tokkzikk
    V0LTA
    WE FORM V0LTA
    #95 - 2012-10-28 00:44:20 UTC
    What bothers me the most with off-grid boosting is the lack of indicators. If I see a T3 on D-scan, I assume everyone in that system is receiving boosting and I usually just leave.

    I don't really care all that much if off-grid boosting is removed, but I hope CCP add some visual effect to indictate which ships are receiving boosting if they don't.
    Marlona Sky
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #96 - 2012-10-28 03:33:22 UTC
    Another idea is that perhaps the position in fleet affects the amount of the boost. Best boost coming from the squad commander, then wing commander and the least effective boost coming from fleet commander. So squad command give 100% of the current boost, wing say 75% and fleet 50%.

    Just tossing that out there.
    Alavaria Fera
    GoonWaffe
    #97 - 2012-10-28 05:35:20 UTC
    Bobo Cindekela wrote:
    offgrid boosting is awesome, get your dual-boxing gloves on and HTFU

    besides, everytime someone makes a remove offgrid boosting thread the accountants point out that people WILL cancel subs that they have been paying for and training for months/years just to have their own boosters, and cancelled subs makes the ceo cry

    Aww, we even collect ceo and accountant tears?

    Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?