These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

CCP: Please give us the char switching without relogging

Author
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-08-11 21:12:10 UTC
And that is the fundamental problem with CCP development. They don't realize that saving a few thousands accounts 15 minutes per week adds up to a massive productivity gain for players.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-08-11 21:12:36 UTC
Why wasn't this implemented before? Like maybe when they released the game? You can start a thread for this but it seems unlikely they don't know it's wanted. A lot. By a lot of people. Soon. Big smile
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#43 - 2012-08-11 21:19:00 UTC
Smohq Anmirorz wrote:
Why wasn't this implemented before? Like maybe when they released the game? You can start a thread for this but it seems unlikely they don't know it's wanted. A lot. By a lot of people. Soon. Big smile

You could say the same thing for a lot of the "little things" that they did eventually add. Implants on pod killmails, "loot all" button on wrecks, etc.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#44 - 2012-08-11 21:24:36 UTC
They're actually working on this right now with the launcher. They wanna move the account login tot he launcher and then from there the client would only be character select anyway. It would simply be a matter of rebooting the client back to the character select screen.

The Drake is a Lie

Attica
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-08-11 21:28:16 UTC
/sign

Admittedly it is a very minor annoyance but it would be very appreciated.

Pirate tears are yummier than carebear tears for they come from the deeper well of anguish.

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#46 - 2012-08-11 21:31:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleia O'Sinnor
/signed

This is one of the annoyances still alive in Eve, which should be removed soon. I remember, not too long ago, when window resizing was not available, and only with tricks certain screen resolution could be made available to make most out of your display's resolution to play with multiple clients. The fix was awesome. Again we need something as capsuleer's life improving as that.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#47 - 2012-08-11 22:01:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cloned S0ul
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
wasn't that mentioned in the CSM minutes? so probably winter 2016 or so.

This, also soon tm, every small fearture or change in EvE takes years long to deploy or add some thing to game, even stupid UI one button addon need be tested and debated for months long in CCP company before relase, pseudo wis take x years after they decide to add this phatetic cell, well EvE is not a modern game, in some aspect and cases is Dinosaur far away form modern games, every small changes that make people happy is big problem.

Ps. Go to ( we want your little things topic) here already 300 + sites with good ideas... Anyway +1 for idea.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#48 - 2012-08-11 22:09:52 UTC
This is one of those ideas that come out each few weeks and whenever CCP devs bother to answer again they say:

The current solution works perfectly and everything else would be a mess.

We see one character, but the client sees hundreds of processses and files. Fail to replace a single one and **** will happen on your client and may spread to the server and become ubershit.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2012-08-12 00:07:23 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
This is one of those ideas that come out each few weeks and whenever CCP devs bother to answer again they say:

The current solution works perfectly and everything else would be a mess.

We see one character, but the client sees hundreds of processses and files. Fail to replace a single one and **** will happen on your client and may spread to the server and become ubershit.

Why don't we let CCP explain then, if there's a technical reason why it hasn't been implemented.
Players doing so is nothing more than speculation and isn't helpful for productive discussion.

(Unless of course it's something obviously not feasible, like asking for twitch gameplay or real space physics or something like that).

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Xion Martinus
Doomheim
#50 - 2012-08-12 00:23:56 UTC
+1

Epeen:  Behavior quite commonly found on online discussion boards or similar, where some loser tries to establish his superiority - and thus the merit of his or her opinion - by stating how skilled and awesome he or she is, rather than forming a sound argument. Generally also used to condescendingly refer to someones ego.

Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-08-12 01:45:18 UTC
+1

Waaaay inb4 back in my day, we had to restart the game to change characters.

Occasionally plays sober

Crimsonjade
Reikoku
Plug N Play
#52 - 2012-08-12 01:53:40 UTC
as long as a criminal timer or pvp timer wouldn't be reset, i think its a good idea. Only problem i would see is people abusing it in pvp when they start loosing a ship /relog onto another char and they vanish. I know that's not why most people want this ( switching between alts is a pain with 6 accounts) but really it has to address this issue before i would support it.

and just saying its easy and actually doing the programming to make it work correctly, glad its not my job :)
Peter Tjordenskiold
#53 - 2012-08-12 16:58:30 UTC
Crimsonjade wrote:
as long as a criminal timer or pvp timer wouldn't be reset, i think its a good idea. Only problem i would see is people abusing it in pvp when they start loosing a ship /relog onto another char and they vanish. I know that's not why most people want this ( switching between alts is a pain with 6 accounts) but really it has to address this issue before i would support it.

and just saying its easy and actually doing the programming to make it work correctly, glad its not my job :)

Poeple can't vanish as long as they have agression Cool
Previous page123