These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Ship Balancing: Mining Barges

First post
Author
Rock Archiriu
Inter Planetary Productions
Stellae Renascitur
#541 - 2012-08-30 11:22:51 UTC
Madam Isk wrote:
Will existing hulks get their rig's "refunded"? I'm sure I'm not the only one that invested in T2 cargo rigs for my hulk that are now worthless so I'm hoping they will be de-equipped so I can sell or re-purpose them.


I second this.
As to prior patches, where stuff was made useless was removed from ships and put in nearest clone-station, this should also be done to the Cargo-rigs on barges and exhumers. should one or two like to have them fit ON for bigger cargo room, then they can, but most would deff. not do this, and find another and better place for it.

The "Excuse" they (CCP PM's) have made so far is, that they still fullfill their purpose of bigger cargo space to utilize. That is Crap, as Cargo-rigs on these ships where only fitted for the purpose of having more Ore in the hold. With the new Ore-hold, the Cargo-rigs are now utterly Useless for the intentted purpose they where put there in the first place.

Easy way to surcumvent this "issue" would be, to have Cargo-rigs be removable (Read: Not Destroyed in the progress) for the timeframe of XX days, and THEN they would have to stay fit or manually destroyed by the owner/user of the craft by own choice.

Best regards


Rock is the Past, present and Future wealth to the 'EVE-verse.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#542 - 2012-08-30 23:06:51 UTC
Rock Archiriu wrote:
Madam Isk wrote:
Will existing hulks get their rig's "refunded"? I'm sure I'm not the only one that invested in T2 cargo rigs for my hulk that are now worthless so I'm hoping they will be de-equipped so I can sell or re-purpose them.


I second this.
As to prior patches, where stuff was made useless was removed from ships and put in nearest clone-station, this should also be done to the Cargo-rigs on barges and exhumers. should one or two like to have them fit ON for bigger cargo room, then they can, but most would deff. not do this, and find another and better place for it.

The "Excuse" they (CCP PM's) have made so far is, that they still fullfill their purpose of bigger cargo space to utilize. That is Crap, as Cargo-rigs on these ships where only fitted for the purpose of having more Ore in the hold. With the new Ore-hold, the Cargo-rigs are now utterly Useless for the intentted purpose they where put there in the first place.

Easy way to surcumvent this "issue" would be, to have Cargo-rigs be removable (Read: Not Destroyed in the progress) for the timeframe of XX days, and THEN they would have to stay fit or manually destroyed by the owner/user of the craft by own choice.

Best regards


Rock is the Past, present and Future wealth to the 'EVE-verse.


or have them apply to ore holds ... which i cant see them be a terrible thing across the ships that have ore holds and use them.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Zeruma
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#543 - 2012-09-01 08:38:59 UTC
I am so very sorry you only get a 35,000m3 ore hold
Spice Flow
Spice Industrys
#544 - 2012-09-04 04:45:13 UTC
Zeruma wrote:
I am so very sorry you only get a 35,000m3 ore hold


...and yet another one speaks up gratuitously with shallow facetious commenting.
Jared Tobin
Bloodstone Industries
B.S.I.
#545 - 2012-09-04 17:50:06 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
We have to put up with US spelling here so you can have depleted belts ingame Lol


I'm curious... how do you spell "defense" or "defence"?

Because the Eve databse is jumbled with a mix of both... Not that I see any relevance about spellings when discussing mining vessel issues, but, just as an example (as of 2012) that have the non-American spelling ("defense"):

Large Core Defence Capacitor Safeguard I
Large Core Defence Capacitor Safeguard II
Large Core Defence Charge Economizer I
Large Core Defence Charge Economizer II
Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Purger I
Large Core Defence Field Purger II
Large Core Defence Operational Solidifier I
Large Core Defence Operational Solidifier II
Medium Core Defence Operational Solidifier II
Medium Core Defence Operational Solidifier I
Medium Core Defence Field Purger II
Medium Core Defence Field Purger I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender II
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

...There are also a mixture of spellings in mission and item descriptions as well.

Can't anyone stay on point in this century?

I can read over words fine. I'm more affected by functionality.
Loose End
The Big Bambu
#546 - 2012-09-04 20:54:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Loose End
Spice Flow wrote:
Loose End wrote:
Been a miner since 07 and this is a wonderful change for the better and overdue. I think the gap between the Mack and the Hulk should have been wider for mining but since you tweaked the Hulk up for Ice then it's okay by me. Just a role reversal. By Jove's hairy nuggets you fish hugging technodorks did something right by my thoughts.

To you nice guys out there whinging about the changes? Adapt. This is EVE and not WoW. While Blizzard cuddles and nurses you until you want to vomit and waffles back and forth about decisions while charging you for expansions(at least they did in 06), CCP has been changing the field. I think the learning skills could have stayed. I think the racial bonus's should have stayed too. But we all adapted or we climbed out of our spaceships and put our diapers back on and went to suck a Blizzard nip.

To the guys who used to jump in a Catalyst and go gank someone?....now you have to train a little. And that was the point. No longer can you just jump in a account and train for a month to go kill a ship that it took months to qualify for and longer to really fly well. Exhumers are still killable....just not by three day old accounts.

Adapt or just go away....really far away....where I don't have to hear the whingeing.

Decoys. Great idea. I proposed one a while back. Proposed another one for POS's too. Still a good idea building ships out of wood and patching them with aluminium foil to make them look good on Radar.

Have an idea for a ship too...so does every other pilot out there. Wrong forum though.

Back to CCP...nice job. Now get rid of the inventory and put the real one back...April Fool is long over.

Oh come on... you just get done insulting people about their opinion(s) on the changes calling them whiners and more, then to still have ideas to change the way it is now, then to ridicule past changes, and what makes you think CCP is going to listen to you for future changes , then you finish off with your own whining... unbelievable... maybe you should take your own advice and “Adapt or just go away....really far away...” Again, Unbelievable.

I can almost see where you are coming from...almost...not quite.
Loose End
The Big Bambu
#547 - 2012-09-04 21:15:13 UTC
Spice Flow wrote:
Zeruma wrote:
I am so very sorry you only get a 35,000m3 ore hold


...and yet another one speaks up gratuitously with shallow facetious commenting.

and more mountains from molehills... it's not a big deal. Trust me. If you're so damned upset then go play a different game. I have bpo's for rigs I've never used since they did the size variances changes. Do I care? No. It's just imaginary money in an imaginary Universe. Try to not take it too seriously. Someone might mistake it for whinging.
IMIR31D
Darkside Research and Production
#548 - 2012-09-05 09:51:12 UTC
AS much as I support the expansion and help granted to the Eve Online mining community, in recent weeks I have been tracing up and following a rather serious problem that has become attached to this new ship Revamp. I play from the markets all across New Eden and in my travels and recent market studies have shown me that this revamping of mining ships is beginning to cause a market collapse. the supply of subsequent ORE sellers is sky-rocketing and has not been matched by a level increase in demand by the Buyers. this problem is soon going to result in a drop in ORE prices and an increase in ship building, the over all result will then be followed by a mass injection of ships into the market due to the cheaply available resources and carry on up the economic chain, and unless the miners then abruptly stop, we could be facing a collapse across a large portion of the markets. and all because of a ship revamp...
Spice Flow
Spice Industrys
#549 - 2012-09-06 04:14:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Spice Flow
Loose End wrote:
Spice Flow wrote:
Zeruma wrote:
I am so very sorry you only get a 35,000m3 ore hold


...and yet another one speaks up gratuitously with shallow facetious commenting.

and more mountains from molehills... it's not a big deal. Trust me. If you're so damned upset then go play a different game. I have bpo's for rigs I've never used since they did the size variances changes. Do I care? No. It's just imaginary money in an imaginary Universe. Try to not take it too seriously. Someone might mistake it for whinging.


If it's not a big deal to you, then why are you 'here' insulting others, unless you just are a troll?
Spice Flow
Spice Industrys
#550 - 2012-09-06 04:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Spice Flow
IMIR31D wrote:
AS much as I support the expansion and help granted to the Eve Online mining community, in recent weeks I have been tracing up and following a rather serious problem that has become attached to this new ship Revamp. I play from the markets all across New Eden and in my travels and recent market studies have shown me that this revamping of mining ships is beginning to cause a market collapse. the supply of subsequent ORE sellers is sky-rocketing and has not been matched by a level increase in demand by the Buyers. this problem is soon going to result in a drop in ORE prices and an increase in ship building, the over all result will then be followed by a mass injection of ships into the market due to the cheaply available resources and carry on up the economic chain, and unless the miners then abruptly stop, we could be facing a collapse across a large portion of the markets. and all because of a ship revamp...

I also have watched the ore prices on the market... I believe I have noticed that there are smaller ore amounts available in one spot (all spread out with smaller orders), creating a manufactures nightmare, making a would-be-buyer jump to even more systems than before, to get enough, especially for large scale manufacturing, e.g. battleships or any other large ships or multiple amounts.

The older mining system did seem to work better.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#551 - 2012-09-07 15:19:59 UTC
Spice Flow, I would invite you to unleash the mighty power of the "Buy Order" if you want your production supplies brought to you.

More small sell orders in more systems should be opening up trading opportunities for newish traders rather than creating an annoyance for manufacturers.

It also points to more people mining, which seems to have been a large portion of the intent of the change to begin with.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Mistokus Zeebleboops
Pave the Way Enterprises
#552 - 2012-10-23 20:20:44 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
Rock Archiriu wrote:
Madam Isk wrote:
Will existing hulks get their rig's "refunded"? I'm sure I'm not the only one that invested in T2 cargo rigs for my hulk that are now worthless so I'm hoping they will be de-equipped so I can sell or re-purpose them.


I second this.
As to prior patches, where stuff was made useless was removed from ships and put in nearest clone-station, this should also be done to the Cargo-rigs on barges and exhumers. should one or two like to have them fit ON for bigger cargo room, then they can, but most would deff. not do this, and find another and better place for it.

The "Excuse" they (CCP PM's) have made so far is, that they still fullfill their purpose of bigger cargo space to utilize. That is Crap, as Cargo-rigs on these ships where only fitted for the purpose of having more Ore in the hold. With the new Ore-hold, the Cargo-rigs are now utterly Useless for the intentted purpose they where put there in the first place.

Easy way to surcumvent this "issue" would be, to have Cargo-rigs be removable (Read: Not Destroyed in the progress) for the timeframe of XX days, and THEN they would have to stay fit or manually destroyed by the owner/user of the craft by own choice.

Best regards


Rock is the Past, present and Future wealth to the 'EVE-verse.


or have them apply to ore holds ... which i cant see them be a terrible thing across the ships that have ore holds and use them.




mmm yea, for the most part every ship I have used for mining, I have spent money on cargohold optimizations for.. and now they're useless to original intent.. I was wondering wtf.. bit of GUI redesign is in order.. I didn't see and update tab, as well, I remember clicking on the cargo icon in the fittings window and it brings you to cargohold.. it has been months, I've forgotten what I changed my shortcuts too. Anyway, I was wondering why I had 462.9 in my cargohold and could swear I had been mining for a minute or two and nothing was going into the hold.

A refund would be nice, we're talking quite a bit of ISK.. esp if I applied to all ships.. my hulk is still decent, but wtf with the cargo rigs?! useless to me now, really..

I'm still annoyed with the cargo changes, I dock in a station and change ships and the old cargohold shows where I park it in the lower left, I open current cargohold (curr ship) and need to manipulate the windows around. Prefer the old way, when you change ship the open cargohold window changes.

Thanks in advance.

I don't kiss ass, I kick it!!!

I got worms .. 

EveAdventures.com

Nemesis Bosseret
Dysfunctional Nocturnal Rejects
#553 - 2012-11-05 06:05:24 UTC
well, god knows how many messages later complaining about the update..... someone would think it was a bone head idea... and something i have yet to see, any improvements on catching bot miners like i quoted ummm like 4 or 5 pages ago or months i lost count... they are still rampent and getting worse... alot have complained about cargo capacity of the hulk being nerfed.. umm frankly tough Sh!t if ur mining with a hulk u should be using an orca anyways because ur a tard to not with the mining bonuses u get from one will easly pay for both accounts. my biggest widest complain is the nerf on ice mining.. and i do fore see long term damaging effects of this, besides causing ice prices to eventually climb once CCP figgures out how to kill the bots and macro miners, the sheer value of ice is worth dirt and is more time effecent to mine ore then sell it and buy the ice mats off the market than it is to mine it urself with several friends... this nerf will make it damn near impossible to cheaply produce any ship especially capitals and make it even harder for low sec corps to make moves into nul with capital support if its costing them too much to fuel there stuff in low while in the mean time nul sec ice is ten time more profitable and capable of sustaining towers which makes it easier for nul sec alliances and corps to maintain the control they already have...... either way i dont care because ill find a way to over come this issue but is going to kinda **** me off because finding them retards that think they can fly caps and are gods because they have one but got no flippen clue on how to pvp that much harder to find.... this is very depressing.... common guys i want some cap kills on my killboard..... especially the solo kind........ GRRRRRR