These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A petition to CCP Greyscale on Sentry Mechanics (Please Read)

First post First post First post
Author
CoLe Blackblood
the united
#521 - 2012-08-16 03:17:30 UTC
Here's a novel idea. This new sentry policy should affect both parties. Anyone firing guns within sentry range should be subject to gatefire regardless of criminal intent.
Homo Jesus
The LGBT Last Supper
#522 - 2012-08-16 03:31:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Minmatar Citizen160812
My spider sense tells me that Mr. Burger has probably been beaten up and robbed for real few times....now he thinks there will be some kind of carebear awakening which will result in many of them learning pvp mechanics to become the suspect police or something.

I can't wait to see his losses and tear posts. Can we put the flashy blue light back on the comet so he can use that while shouting "WOOP WOOP U unda arress" at his computer screen?
Boris2k
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#523 - 2012-08-16 05:22:51 UTC
This and Tiericide are pure genius, also, the fear in this thread is getting me hard.
CoLe Blackblood
the united
#524 - 2012-08-16 13:34:28 UTC
Lowsec needs something that none of the other areas have, for starters. An actual incentive as well as more belts and more sites with richer rewards. With better opportunity plus more places to find that opportunity you have more hunting by pirates and larger more coordinated bear groups defending each other.

And just a thought...

Highsec should be pared down to just the trading hubs while sentries blap anything camping/agressing at the border gates. This makes Eve almost entirely lawless except for Jita and a few similar hubs, but with the proposed sentry changes it seems a balanced trade-off. One strange and over-the-top change deserves another(though I think would actually be for the better).

This would never ever happen but a girl can dream can't she?
Luminus Mallus
Haul Chill And Kill All
#525 - 2012-08-16 16:19:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Luminus Mallus
Welcome to
"STOP BEING A JUMP GATE ****** CAMPER".
Lowsec is **** because people can't even get there since gate camping maggots (with the other letter) are often there 24/7.
Only an idiot jumps willingly to the loss of his ships.

GG on turret buff.
ANGRY23
Safety Set To Red
#526 - 2012-08-16 17:33:42 UTC
Lots of idiots with no clue about low sec shiptoasting in here. I am the CEO of a gatecamping corp and we aint concerned about how this potential change will affect gatecamping cause it wont. We will be able to stick an inty or 2 on the gate for fast tackle and then alpha everything with tornados or tempests so RANCER will still be camped whether or not this change makes it further than the drawing board. Also it wont stop smartbombing either FYI we will still smartbomb ur shuttles and noobships too.

The whines from low sec community are because this will stop fleet fights of any kind taking place on gates or stations which is currently where 90% of engagments happen anywhere in eve. Try and look past the ebil flashy pirates for a second before you post comments that confirm to us that u are emo butthurt carebears with no clue about game mechanics outside of market hubs and mission hubs.

Gatecamping FTW

Angry
ANGRY23
Safety Set To Red
#527 - 2012-08-16 17:39:08 UTC
Luminus Mallus wrote:
Welcome to
"STOP BEING A JUMP GATE ****** CAMPER".
Lowsec is **** because people can't even get there since gate camping fags are often there 24/7.
Only an idiot jumps willingly to the loss of his ships.

GG on turret buff.


Gatecamping 24/7 on a server that is only up for 23.5 hours??? Show me where u witnessed a 23.5 hour gatecamp, i been camping gates for over 5 years and never witnessed it. Just saying
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#528 - 2012-08-16 18:17:40 UTC
I have cleaned this thread of a large number of troll posts, non constructive posts and personal attacks. This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated. Subjects like this will always cause controversy and passionate responses, however if you cannot make a reasoned argument for your personal position on something without resorting to petty insults, I suggest you do not post on these forums.

I will remind everyone that there are rules to be adhered to and I believe it would be a very good idea for a number of you to reacquaint yourselves with them, specifically those surrounding ranting and personal attacks. Remember that these forums are supposed to be for the benefit of the community as a whole.

Now that we have that straightened out, please try and post sensibly and lets have a decent discussion on the matter at hand - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#529 - 2012-08-16 18:20:37 UTC
ISD TYPE40 wrote:
I have cleaned this thread of a large number of troll posts, non constructive posts and personal attacks. This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated. Subjects like this will always cause controversy and passionate responses, however if you cannot make a reasoned argument for your personal position on something without resorting to petty insults, I suggest you do not post on these forums.

I will remind everyone that there are rules to be adhered to and I believe it would be a very good idea for a number of you to reacquaint yourselves with them, specifically those surrounding ranting and personal attacks. Remember that these forums are supposed to be for the benefit of the community as a whole.

Now that we have that straightened out, please try and post sensibly and lets have a decent discussion on the matter at hand - ISD Type40.


you missed the guy calling another guy a f@g just above.
Pipa Porto
#530 - 2012-08-16 18:45:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Luminus Mallus wrote:
Welcome to
"STOP BEING A JUMP GATE ****** CAMPER".
Lowsec is **** because people can't even get there since gate camping *snip* are often there 24/7.
Only an idiot jumps willingly to the loss of his ships.

GG on turret buff.


Most Lowsec entry points are rarely to never camped. The famous entry points are camped more often, but not 24/7.
(Look at Tama, clearly, a gatecamp to be feared with ~150-200 jumps/hr, and ~1 kill/hr)

Moreover, the Turret changes let gatecampers use Ceptors to tackle, instead of whatever they use to tackle atm. Ceptor Tackle > BLAP > Gatecamp Easymode.


EDIT: Pardon the intrusion Pipa, just had to edit that quote - ISD Type40.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Rats
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#531 - 2012-08-16 18:50:36 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Serena Serene wrote:
Is it sure "suspect" really means all people with a negative security status? Or could it have to do anything with changes to how "criminal flagging" works? I read about such a thing a while ago and now I'm not sure about the terminology here.


It is up to interpretation and has such a grey area which is what worries me. There has been no in depth details on what "suspect" actually is which could very well mean security status.

The very fact that sentries would be able to break anything up to and including a triage carrier in 5 minutes makes this even more unacceptable.


"Suspect" is their new, wide reaching Crimewatch replacement for aggression flags.

The "Suspect" flag is pretty terrible for other reasons, but having crazy-strong sentry guns shooting you for looting the field or helping your friend who's been attacked while looting the field is adding extra terrible on top of the terrible that it brings to HS combat.




Sounds awesome to me

Tal

I Fought the Law, and the Law Won... Talon Silverhawk

Homo Jesus
The LGBT Last Supper
#532 - 2012-08-16 22:29:40 UTC
ANGRY23 wrote:

Try and look past the ebil flashy pirates for a second before you post comments that confirm to us that u are emo butthurt carebears with no clue about game mechanics outside of market hubs and mission hubs.

Gatecamping FTW

Angry



Look past the juicy goodness of using small tackle on the gate and think about the specifics of how long the sentry guns will stay at full power, will the ramp up be global for everyone who fires on the gate or per person, how fast will it ramp up in relation to the frigs (two shots 30 seconds apart or two shots 10 seconds apart?)....cycle time between targets staying the same?

If it ramps up for 15 minutes past the 1st GCC, reaches full power in 5 minutes and is global with frigs having 15-20 seconds to do their thing? Yeah sure great

Ramp up to full power in 15minutes past the 1st GCC and it lasts hours on some kind of slow cooldown? last s until the next downtime?...frigs can survive 2 shots 10 seconds apart on 1st GCC? no thanks
Pipa Porto
#533 - 2012-08-16 22:31:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Rats wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Serena Serene wrote:
Is it sure "suspect" really means all people with a negative security status? Or could it have to do anything with changes to how "criminal flagging" works? I read about such a thing a while ago and now I'm not sure about the terminology here.


It is up to interpretation and has such a grey area which is what worries me. There has been no in depth details on what "suspect" actually is which could very well mean security status.

The very fact that sentries would be able to break anything up to and including a triage carrier in 5 minutes makes this even more unacceptable.


"Suspect" is their new, wide reaching Crimewatch replacement for aggression flags.

The "Suspect" flag is pretty terrible for other reasons, but having crazy-strong sentry guns shooting you for looting the field or helping your friend who's been attacked while looting the field is adding extra terrible on top of the terrible that it brings to HS combat.




Sounds awesome to me

Tal




Yep, entirely killing off fights on LS gates* in favor of Suicide Gank style camping is a great thing.

*Not counting pure FW fights (meaning neut RR's gonna join FW in an interesting way, I think)

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#534 - 2012-08-17 00:06:07 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Nerf Burger wrote:
How are wardecs broken? Also, how can anyone take you seriously when you post 48 times a day on average and most of it is nonsense? Break Can flipping? WTF?


Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.


Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol

John Hancock

Pipa Porto
#535 - 2012-08-17 00:33:40 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Nerf Burger wrote:
How are wardecs broken? Also, how can anyone take you seriously when you post 48 times a day on average and most of it is nonsense? Break Can flipping? WTF?


Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.


Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol


From the owner of the can. If they want their stuff, they need to protect it. That's how EVE works.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#536 - 2012-08-17 01:57:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.

Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol

From the owner of the can. If they want their stuff, they need to protect it. That's how EVE works.

Not if/when these changes go through Big smile

EVE... is changing.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Pipa Porto
#537 - 2012-08-17 02:05:13 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.

Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol

From the owner of the can. If they want their stuff, they need to protect it. That's how EVE works.

Not if/when these changes go through Big smile

EVE... is changing.


Especially with Soundwave calling continually nerfing HS PvP "jumping through hoops" compared to pushing the button to turn it off.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#538 - 2012-08-17 03:02:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Nerf Burger wrote:
How are wardecs broken? Also, how can anyone take you seriously when you post 48 times a day on average and most of it is nonsense? Break Can flipping? WTF?


Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.


Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol


From the owner of the can. If they want their stuff, they need to protect it. That's how EVE works.


well apparently you can't have your private little grief war against noobs anymore. It adds risk to can flippers where there previously was none, if they chose noobs for a target, which many exclusively do. Can flippers are not know for their bravery. Not everyone wants to pvp in this game right from the get go, its a sandbox game, and high sec is high sec for a reason. When you are a noob and you just want to do a little mining, you shouldn't have to worry about some douchebag stealing your ore risklessly, and you say. "oh, well, get some friends, hire some mercs, blah blah blah", no, **** you. I don't want to have to rely on ppl in this game to do every little thing just because some awful ******* can steal my ore at ZERO risk to himself, if someone is going to steal my ****, he better be taking some kind of risk in doing it. If i have to rely on other people to play a sandbox game, I won't play it. Increased risk to can flippers is all that changes, it doesn't "break" anything. Cry more.

Personally I can't wait to blow up some can flippers who are dumb enough to flip when I'm in system. Can flipper tears >>>>>miner tears. This will be great for HS PVP. Previously you couldn't go around exclusively looking to blow up can flippers because you had to be in the same corp as the victim. Its about time the pvp in this game got attractive to real pvpers instead of being the mindless joke it has been for so long.

THANK YOU CCP!!
Frying Doom
#539 - 2012-08-17 04:09:28 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Nerf Burger wrote:
How are wardecs broken? Also, how can anyone take you seriously when you post 48 times a day on average and most of it is nonsense? Break Can flipping? WTF?


Quit Corp > Disband Corp > Create New Corp > Wardec Disappears.

Can Flipping currently exposes you to the owner of the can and the Owner's allies (at least those Allies the owner has bothered to formalize his relationship with). Globally flagging the thief for stealing from you is ridiculous.


Lmao! Well, you wanted PvP... Lol


From the owner of the can. If they want their stuff, they need to protect it. That's how EVE works.


well apparently you can't have your private little grief war against noobs anymore. It adds risk to can flippers where there previously was none, if they chose noobs for a target, which many exclusively do. Can flippers are not know for their bravery. Not everyone wants to pvp in this game right from the get go, its a sandbox game, and high sec is high sec for a reason. When you are a noob and you just want to do a little mining, you shouldn't have to worry about some douchebag stealing your ore risklessly, and you say. "oh, well, get some friends, hire some mercs, blah blah blah", no, **** you. I don't want to have to rely on ppl in this game to do every little thing just because some awful ******* can steal my ore at ZERO risk to himself, if someone is going to steal my ****, he better be taking some kind of risk in doing it. If i have to rely on other people to play a sandbox game, I won't play it. Increased risk to can flippers is all that changes, it doesn't "break" anything. Cry more.

Personally I can't wait to blow up some can flippers who are dumb enough to flip when I'm in system. Can flipper tears >>>>>miner tears. This will be great for HS PVP. Previously you couldn't go around exclusively looking to blow up can flippers because you had to be in the same corp as the victim. Its about time the pvp in this game got attractive to real pvpers instead of being the mindless joke it has been for so long.

THANK YOU CCP!!

I agree, they want to be big bad outlaws flipping cans, mark them as criminals and let everyone blow there asses up.
Welcome to real PvP Smile

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

jatkot
North Star Networks
#540 - 2012-08-17 07:14:06 UTC
Looks good. But almost every pirate/gatecamper whines, wich is a result of a very good change from CCP and Greyscale

Keep on evolv Eve-online!