These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why give mining barges a ridiculous boost and not tighten restrictions on -10s in highsec?

First post
Author
Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2012-07-30 23:16:29 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

You've made it pretty clear several times over that you haven't been playing as long as you're trying to make out.

What a pathetic little EVE-cliche you are:

I've been playing long enough to know what's what, and that's all that matters.

And long enough to know how pants-on-head all these cry-threads really are, and why.

All else is irrelevant, not least of all you.

Next!

Now I know how you meant this to sound, but all anyone heard was, " Yeah I know I'm basing my argument in opinions not fact or something that even closely resembles a fact but that's ok because I didn't want to be right anyway."

The LULZ Boat.

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#82 - 2012-07-30 23:24:06 UTC
clamslayer wrote:

wtf CCP, why make ships ungankable when the real issue is freedom of -10s in high sec?

Miners are being ganked indiscriminately because:

-10 can fly around high sec in destroyers with out being stopped at gates. -10s shouldnt be able to jump a ship through gates
-10 can hope into an empty gank fitted ship in a safe spot and immediately warp to a roid belt to kill a target

Yes, no pirates should come into Highsec... Including NPC Pirates!

I've always thought it would be a good move to remove all combat missions from Highsec that aren't tied into Faction Warfare.

Also, why is there mining in Highsec to begin with? On one hand we're told it's the built up civilized part of space with heavy policing from CONCORD, and on the other there's people gathering up natural resources still in this area? That's like having a mining operation in NY's Central Park. Resources should be gathered exclusively in frontier areas. Low Sec, Null, and WH space.
Freezehunter
#83 - 2012-07-31 00:22:09 UTC
You forgot the part where most suicide gankers are 1-2 week old basically throwaway alts that have 0.0 SS.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2012-07-31 00:24:46 UTC
Xorv wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

wtf CCP, why make ships ungankable when the real issue is freedom of -10s in high sec?

Miners are being ganked indiscriminately because:

-10 can fly around high sec in destroyers with out being stopped at gates. -10s shouldnt be able to jump a ship through gates
-10 can hope into an empty gank fitted ship in a safe spot and immediately warp to a roid belt to kill a target

Yes, no pirates should come into Highsec... Including NPC Pirates!

I've always thought it would be a good move to remove all combat missions from Highsec that aren't tied into Faction Warfare.

Also, why is there mining in Highsec to begin with? On one hand we're told it's the built up civilized part of space with heavy policing from CONCORD, and on the other there's people gathering up natural resources still in this area? That's like having a mining operation in NY's Central Park. Resources should be gathered exclusively in frontier areas. Low Sec, Null, and WH space.

do you really want 50 isk tritanium

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#85 - 2012-07-31 00:33:19 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

Simple answer? There shouldn't be any freedom for -10s in controlled space... why? Because they are ciminals!

See neg 10 sec status, pod neg 10 sec status, specially with 100m+ bounty on head :)
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#86 - 2012-07-31 00:34:55 UTC
Blastcaps Madullier wrote:
See neg 10 sec status, pod neg 10 sec status, specially with 100m+ bounty on head :)

And get your ship destroyed by Concord.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2012-07-31 01:05:11 UTC
I will be keeping an eye on this thread and if it continues to degenerate in to a troll fest I will lock it. Please stick to the topic at hand, do not troll post or use personal insults as they do nothing to further a discussion, thank you.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-07-31 01:17:54 UTC
ISD TYPE40 wrote:
I will be keeping an eye on this thread and if it continues to degenerate in to a troll fest I will lock it. Please stick to the topic at hand, do not troll post or use personal insults as they do nothing to further a discussion, thank you.

Who called the thread police?

Also dear mister ISD ( i think thats his name) if you have read half the threads of the forum you would know this thread is in the obligatory troll stage which is a necessary step before it can get to the s3r1ou$ business part of the discussion, needless to say it will get there but it always takes a little push.

The LULZ Boat.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#89 - 2012-07-31 01:20:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
-10 ≠ GCC.

Freezehunter wrote:
You forgot the part where most suicide gankers are 1-2 week old basically throwaway alts that have 0.0 SS.
You forgot the part where a 1-2 week old character can't gank anything that tries to protect itself, and that any ganker that wants to have an impact on anything will be -10 and thus free to kill.
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2012-07-31 01:21:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Aruken Marr
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

Why make concord do it when there are plenty of players around to do it penalty free along with faction navy help?
Zed Jackelope
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#91 - 2012-07-31 01:22:01 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
There is no freedom, they can be shot by anyone and failing player effort in shooting them, the npc's will do the job in short time anyway.

Freedom my ass.

this

HTFU or GTFO
Zed Jackelope
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#92 - 2012-07-31 01:24:07 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

this is why carebears are laughed at.

learn how aggression mechanics work.

if its RED, its shootable in hisec.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#93 - 2012-07-31 02:01:56 UTC
Zed Jackelope wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

this is why carebears are laughed at.

learn how aggression mechanics work.

if its RED, its shootable in hisec.

Blinky red, you mean. Simply having people -10 standing won't let you kill them.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#94 - 2012-07-31 02:08:11 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Blinky red, you mean.
No, just standard red, unless you've reassigned the colours to have the standings flags colour the entire line rather than just show the tag (which is a bad idea for the most part).

Red = free to shoot.
Blinky red = shooting you.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#95 - 2012-07-31 02:25:29 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Blinky red, you mean.
No, just standard red, unless you've reassigned the colours to have the standings flags colour the entire line rather than just show the tag (which is a bad idea for the most part).

Red = free to shoot.
Blinky red = shooting you.

Blinky is the rule we used when in Jita.

I don't think anything special was changed in our overviews either.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#96 - 2012-07-31 02:37:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Blinky is the rule we used when in Jita.

I don't think anything special was changed in our overviews either.
If you've been around for a long time and used common overview setups, then maybe — it used to be that blink covered both states by default and those settings survive in some setups that are being passed around.*

These days, though, the default is red = shootable target (no matter why); blinky = war target (corp or FW depending on the colour). Of course, we could argue whether the language has (or should be) updated to reflect this.

* edit: also, if you have shared a setup that is meant to reflect situations where CONCORD isn't a factor, in which case you can obviously free up that colour and assign it to a different meaning.