These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP should reduce mining, not improve it.

Author
Phill Esteen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-07-29 06:27:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Phill Esteen
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#22 - 2012-07-29 06:42:25 UTC
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-07-29 06:49:21 UTC
Phill Esteen wrote:
and just in case anyone was fooled:

No stop! You're getting reason and logic all over a shitpost!

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#24 - 2012-07-29 07:13:38 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:
Back in the days Battleships were half a billion or more expensive. Dreadnoughts were a rare sight to see. T2 items were very expensive due to guilds controlling the limited supply

Nowadays you see every peasant fly Battlecruisers and throw them away like candy. Blobs of Supercapitals are common sight in nullsec.

Mining was once a decent profession, but now it is worth nothing.

The problem is that there is simply too much minerals circulating within the universe.

CCP needs to reduce the supply of minerals, reduce the number of belts within the universe and instead of static belts, it would

be random belts that spawn.

The day will return when ship losses are painful and when Battleships cost a billion.

With lesser belts and random belts, the supply of minerals will drop like a rock, the cost of ships shall rise greatly and it hit the wallets harder when lost.

It will come to a point where even nullsec alliances will have great trouble supplying ships to the massive dumb and illiterate cannon fodders they control and will be forced to cut down on size.

9/10 excellent effort, look at all these quality bites you're getting.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-07-29 07:32:02 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
I guess the game is mirroring the real world in that regards.

I like my alliance, but I miss being called The 99 Percent. Thought it was a pretty clever name.

Oh, sorry, doing it wrong:

BACK IN MY DAY, WE WERE THE 99 PERCENT AND PROUD, DAMMIT.

Occasionally plays sober

Josef Djugashvilis
#26 - 2012-07-29 07:44:56 UTC
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Back in my days HD televisions cost over a months worth of wages. They were a rare site indeed,

Now HDTVs are such a common sight and every peasant seems to own one.

The day will return when the average Joe will be forced to go back to SD or even better black and white.

HDTVs need to return to their rightful $8000 price, and be affordable to only the cultural elite.

Agreed.

Back in my day, there were only two television stations available; BBC1 and ITV.

The proles have too many TV stations to choose from now.

Look how it is 'dumbing down' culture.Smile

This is not a signature.

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#27 - 2012-07-29 08:19:33 UTC
guilds, lest anyone forget.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-07-29 08:23:19 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:
Back in the days Battleships were half a billion or more expensive. Dreadnoughts were a rare sight to see. T2 items were very expensive due to guilds controlling the limited supply

Nowadays you see every peasant fly Battlecruisers and throw them away like candy. Blobs of Supercapitals are common sight in nullsec.

The problem is that there is simply too much minerals circulating within the universe.

CCP needs to reduce the supply of minerals, reduce the number of belts within the universe and instead of static belts, it would

The day will return when ship losses are painful and when Battleships cost a billion.

With lesser belts and random belts, the supply of minerals will drop like a rock, the cost of ships shall rise greatly and it hit the wallets harder when lost.

It will come to a point where even nullsec alliances will have great trouble supplying ships to the massive dumb and illiterate cannon fodders they control and will be forced to cut down on size.

More people playing that game equals more miners equals a large mineral supply equals cheaper ships. The real tragedy here is that after so many years, you don't understand the basics of how things work.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#29 - 2012-07-29 09:42:36 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:

Made 6B 1 month ago. Mining is clearly worthless now.
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#30 - 2012-07-29 09:54:10 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
[quote=Parsee789]
Made 6B 1 month ago. Mining is clearly worthless now.

Sheesh... I should change my profession then.^^

Seriously though... mining is still as solid a profession as it was years ago. Sure, ship prices dropped... be evolution will go on... T3 BS anyone?

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-07-29 09:55:33 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:

Um since when did a bs cost half a billion? Ive been here since 03 the msot expensive i saw was 350mil n that quickly dropped for a mega down to 70 then rising again to what it is now.

Dreads were everywhere soon as people had the skills

another *beat on the miners* thread*
Possum's Awesome
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
#32 - 2012-07-29 10:12:23 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:
Back in the days Battleships were half a billion or more expensive. Dreadnoughts were a rare sight to see. T2 items were very expensive due to guilds.

Stopped reading here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

Azami Nevinyrall
#33 - 2012-07-29 10:37:17 UTC
OP is a f*cking moron...

also, 2/10...

YuuKnow
The Scope
#34 - 2012-07-29 10:51:29 UTC
Its not too much minerals, its too much isk. And most of that comes from rat bounties.

To kill 2 birds with one stone, all CCP needs to do is increase the difficulty of NPC rats. They should be given a AI upgrade to make them more like sleepers.

yk
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-07-29 10:52:36 UTC
guilds.

*slaps your face*
Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#36 - 2012-07-29 11:07:56 UTC
Doesn't make sense that you can mine in high sec, wouldn't the empires that own the space need those minerals? You should have to go to 0.0 and claim space if you wanna mine.
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#37 - 2012-07-29 11:12:14 UTC
Danks wrote:
Doesn't make sense that you can mine in high sec, wouldn't the empires that own the space need those minerals? You should have to go to 0.0 and claim space if you wanna mine.

Since the day the game launched you could mine in hi sec. No matter how hard and in how many different ways you try you will never force people out of hi sec. If you want to go to null, no one is stopping you.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#38 - 2012-07-29 11:18:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Back in my days HD televisions cost over a months worth of wages. They were a rare site indeed,

Now HDTVs are such a common sight and every peasant seems to own one.

The day will return when the average Joe will be forced to go back to SD or even better black and white.

HDTVs need to return to their rightful $8000 price, and be affordable to only the cultural elite.

Agreed.

Back in my day, there were only two television stations available; BBC1 and ITV.

The proles have too many TV stations to choose from now.

Look how it is 'dumbing down' culture.Smile

Lucky man, I had to put up with BFBS which was basically 3 year old reruns of BBC1 and ITV programmes.

Also Guilds? FOBTW

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Rene Fullchest
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-07-29 11:27:07 UTC
Any argument that begins with "back in the day" is lost aborted before it sees the light of day.

We aren't interested in going backwards. We are only interested in going forward.

Perhaps this is no longer the game for the OP.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#40 - 2012-07-29 11:35:33 UTC
If you're feeding the troll, I'll just make a quick profit selling you troll food.