These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Mining Barge stats completely eliminate PVP.

Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#21 - 2012-07-27 01:58:44 UTC
B-Batphones?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Korsiri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-07-27 02:01:13 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
This Just in!

Changes in Ore Mining Barges sends unemployment through the roof!

Thousands of Pvp'ers sign up for benefits...

The future of the star cluster is in doubt..

An anonymous ganker went on the record saying "who moved my cheese?!?!?"

Hi Mom! I am posting in a Tom Gerard thread!!!! 0/

gankers can now get jobs as...

miners.

Twisted
Lady Queprur
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-27 02:05:13 UTC
This was a nice mining ship http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Narada Lol
NickyYo
modro
Northern Coalition.
#24 - 2012-07-31 17:48:30 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
New Mining Barge stats completely eliminate PVP, With the exception of low-sec, null-sec, null-fleets, CTAs, Batphones, POS-shooting, Faction Warfare, Gate Gamping, WH raiding, Miner Raiding, Mission Busting, Plex Busting. War-Declarations, Can-Flipping, Piracy, small gang roaming, T3 Roams, Drunk Fleets, Ganked nights, destroyer roams, wolf packs... other than that there is no PVP for former gankers.

you could gank in a battleship no?

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#25 - 2012-07-31 18:30:04 UTC
NickyYo posting in a Tom Gerard thread. Isn't this like dividing by zero?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

dischordia
wiggle Tech.
#26 - 2012-07-31 18:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: dischordia
NickyYo wrote:
Tom Gerard wrote:
New Mining Barge stats completely eliminate PVP, With the exception of low-sec, null-sec, null-fleets, CTAs, Batphones, POS-shooting, Faction Warfare, Gate Gamping, WH raiding, Miner Raiding, Mission Busting, Plex Busting. War-Declarations, Can-Flipping, Piracy, small gang roaming, T3 Roams, Drunk Fleets, Ganked nights, destroyer roams, wolf packs... other than that there is no PVP for former gankers.

NickyYo posting in a Tom Gerard thread .... Did someone just google google?????? THE WORLD WILL END

What we're actually doing is removing both hisec and PvP from the game entirely. It seems like the fairest way to solve this problem. - CCP Grayscale  - CCP troll BEST troll <3

minerdave
wiggle Tech.
#27 - 2012-07-31 18:34:08 UTC
NickyYo, Posting in a Tom Gerard Thread?!

MFW this happens
Andoria Thara
Fallen Avatars
#28 - 2012-07-31 18:49:11 UTC
This sh*t is serious business, we are afraid of change, eve is going to die again, and then CCP will go out of business because of this change.

/me cancels all 12 accounts
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-07-31 18:55:22 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Holy crap, you're right!

Will High sec ever be the same again?
Will CCP's changes to barges eleminate PVP forever?
Does PVP have a future at all?
Is Eve doomed to die a silent death?
Will the FBI guys on the tv show I'm watching right now catch the bad guy? (I think so; they are packing some serious firepower)

Find out next time during the explosive and shocking season premier of Eve:Online! Check local listings for showtimes.

Edit: FBI got the guy, btw

your a complete dumbass if you think that. Ganking a defenseless ship is NOT PVP. what idiots. You would not know what PVP is if it came up and poded you like some red headed step child begging to be smacked around with a a large trout.

You trolls do not wish to spend the iskies for declaring war on some poor indy corp. come on i thought thats why the WarDec mechanic got reworked cause the GOONs get pawned!
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-31 18:55:56 UTC
I plan to PvP in my sexy new Skiff. Pirate

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Alerada
Surprise It's Cthulhu
#31 - 2012-07-31 18:57:18 UTC
Skiff Fleet taking over null!
Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-07-31 20:47:32 UTC
Skiff is new Cyno King.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Hiyora Akachi
Blood Alcohol Content
Top Shelf
#33 - 2012-07-31 20:59:08 UTC
Think of how many gankers are about to lose there jobs.

HOW CAN YOU BE SO HEARTLESS CCP!!!
Sarcasim
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#34 - 2012-07-31 21:01:47 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Tom Gerard wrote:

Aye yes he can....the ability to gank is there and is not going away. What is going away is the ability to profit from it. No matter how many threads they start this doesnt look to be changing. These people just cant seem to accept it. Like little kids that keep asking thier parents in a desperate hope they will get the answer they want to hear.
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#35 - 2012-07-31 21:03:49 UTC
Funny... especially when you concider that miner ganking isn't even PvP... not really. I mean, PvP means player versus player... but suicide popping a hulk is pretty onesided...

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Sir John Halsey
#36 - 2012-07-31 21:10:25 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:

Quite a few exceptions you have in there :)
Shiva TheDestroyer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-07-31 21:32:51 UTC
So how many catalysts would be required to gank the new stats?

Is it time to roll some more alts? :P
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#38 - 2012-07-31 21:38:55 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
NickyYo posting in a Tom Gerard thread. Isn't this like dividing by zero?

This thread has an internal loop

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-07-31 21:42:31 UTC
for i in range(0:gerard)
420 / 0
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#40 - 2012-07-31 22:03:46 UTC
Isses it to be being urp-splosion tyme naow?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.