These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BREAKING NEWS - Chribba's System is SBU'd

First post
Author
Epiphaniess
Verboten Technologies
#181 - 2011-09-26 11:16:58 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Participants that are on the SBU killmails and want a medal can apply to "Otherworl Empire Department of Decorations" [RANKS] for their medal. Include the KM link in your application so I can verify you.

I will try start sort the applicants tomorrow. Once you received the medal please leave the corp or be kicked in a short amount of time.

/c

So can I get a medal for wanting to help you fight off the rogues hounding your system with SBUs but was not able to because it was done and over with before I even had a chance to get back from my business trip?
Lucien Visteen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#182 - 2011-09-26 11:37:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucien Visteen
Sentient Blade wrote:
Snipped for space.

This right here belongs on the eve is real page.

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Wish I could be there :D

Sentients post is nr. 128, its a good read

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Holy One
Privat Party
#183 - 2011-09-26 11:39:27 UTC
Can I have a medal too? Something derisory I can be proud of like: "I didn't give a **** when Chribba (almost) burned!"

:)

Susiqueta Muir
NEXUS Holdings Inc.
#184 - 2011-09-26 12:11:24 UTC
Rellik B00n wrote:
brilliant.

the huge alliances back chribba, join chribba alliance, TQ looks like chinese server.

and I would ask, what has chribba ever done for us?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, Eve-Search, Eve-Files, secured third party transactions and public health, what has Chribba ever done for us?
Attendee: Brought peace?
Reg: Oh, peace - shut up!

sorry, couldn't resist it.. :)

SM.
Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#185 - 2011-09-26 12:38:07 UTC
leave chribba alone! \o/
ian666
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#186 - 2011-09-27 18:02:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ian666
Trzciciele Kawy http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Trzciciele_Kawy

Corporation bio:
"Group of evening/morning Europe Time zone players. We are a close knit group of experienced players who love to watch films, have fun, enjoy game interaction, specialize in any part of Eve. Basically a bunch of murdering, griefing bastards as well as carebear lovers or if in mood fleet of miners who love the sound of a mining lassers.

EU Tz corporation/ mile widziani rodacy
kontakt: Kell Tarhun"

Kell Tarhun is founder of "Trzciciele Kawy" corp and CEO of "Lamb Federation Navy Academy", an alt corp of "Lamb Federation Navy" member of Against All Authorities.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Kell%20Tarhun
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Lamb_Federation_Navy_Academy
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Lamb_Federation_Navy

But person who you are looking for is not Kell Tarhun since its an alt. The brain behind all of this is allways same - Mr Ozzy, CEO of Lamb Federation Navy:
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Mr%20Ozzy

Super alts: Gacuul (titan pilot), Black Samuraj (ms)

His hq http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Stain/9RQ-L8 (with supers)

Since Mr Ozzy is well known bot user in Polish community (got plenty of alts in ROL.Citizens) and he's buing and selling supercaps from time to time, i can only guess this thing with SBUs in Chribba system might have something to do with one of deals he did, or tried to.
Anyway he's allways doing such things using alts, never his main ;)

Twisted

ps. Mr Ozzy is talking with enemies of AAA about switching sides, so i wouldnt link his actions towards Chribba with rest of AAA (at least i dont have any proof that anyone else was involved).
kdsjfjhiskhfs
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2011-09-28 08:56:52 UTC
@ian666 nice troll, did you ever hear about character bazzar?

Is there any corporation which left c0ven without massive flame and hate?

Rellik B00n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#188 - 2011-09-28 09:48:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Rellik B00n
Rellik B00n wrote:

and I would ask, what has chribba ever done for us?

forgot i posted in this thread. It is a sad time when an opening like the one i gave here is not used to provide roman related quotes and is instead taken as a troll/face value comment.

I must be getting old Sad

EDIT: AHA! I just noticed the post above (184), 10 pages later someone gets it, thank you sir!
[Of a request for change ask: Who Benefits?](https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=199765)
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2011-09-28 11:01:19 UTC
Hello empire dwellers!

This single event is a daily affair in the life of someone in 0.0.

It's awesome to see you all band together to defend Chribba and work as a team. I know there's a lot of hate with the whole Empire vs. Nullsec types, but this is the type of excitement and randomness we deal with every day. It makes EVE interesting and we do it for the teamwork that builds within our alliances.

I think it's pretty sweet that many of you who've never gotten involved in this aspect of EVE have had a chance to get your feet wet.

@Chribba, your alliance receives a notification mail when the SBU's are dropped. That notification is able to be pulled via API and can be forwarded to mail/sms/Chribbasystemdefense.com.... etc.

Maybe you can setup something to broadcast whenever your system gets SBU'd with an RSS feed.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#190 - 2011-09-28 11:06:34 UTC
You'll have my hammer(s)!

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Akira Akawa
Perkone
Caldari State
#191 - 2011-09-28 11:09:17 UTC
kdsjfjhiskhfs wrote:
@ian666 nice troll, did you ever hear about character bazzar?

Is there any corporation which left c0ven without massive flame and hate?

Nahh, Its only you . You are THAT speciall
and chicken as well to post under fake char
Gregor Palter
#192 - 2011-09-28 11:12:53 UTC
Holy One wrote:
Can I have a medal too? Something derisory I can be proud of like: "I didn't give a **** when Chribba (almost) burned!"

No but you can get the "I tried so hard showing that I don't care that I put in the effort to post about it" one.

Excuses are the refuge of the weak.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#193 - 2011-09-28 11:14:29 UTC
Nice turn of events.

Congrats to all involved.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Molten Black
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#194 - 2011-09-28 12:04:04 UTC
I picked a bad time to be away from game and missed the fun :(
Nice to see Ivy involved, not had any ivolvement with them for years, but I do know it would have taken the leadership about zero two points of a second to make that decision and commit.

From it's beginings the station in 9UY Has stood for freedom of a sort.(yes not all will agree) Firstly under Ushra'Khan until it was taken by CVA forces, and then retaken years later by a patient and persistant Ushra'Khan due to a combination of timing of events and help from -A- . After that things got messy for a while until it fell into the hands of Chribba who kept it open for all to use. A market and haven for any and all travelers through that part of space. A beacon of hope.

Chribba is more than just a name or a single pilot. And just like the cause of freedom people will always fight to preserve what is right.
Dirk Tungsten
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#195 - 2011-09-29 10:37:32 UTC
Very much look forward to this, its going to be 1 of either 2 things, defencive forces will be routed by DRF & friends or we will have GF's wich is the minimal aim =)
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#196 - 2011-09-29 10:42:31 UTC
Dirk Tungsten wrote:
Very much look forward to this, its going to be 1 of either 2 things, defencive forces will be routed by DRF & friends or we will have GF's wich is the minimal aim =)

Just bringing you up to date on this - It's done and dusted, was over several days ago. Blink
Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#197 - 2011-09-29 12:26:43 UTC
seany1212 wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Regardless of what happens, it has been an honor running the system for almost a year, and I couldn't have made it into the trade hub (small) that it is today.

In the even that it gets under someone elses control, I thank you for letting me complete one of my goals in EVE, and if so I hope the new "owners" will respect its history that the system and station has and continue to honor its legacy.

atm they're killing the ihub by the looks of the mails...

Sorry I failed you all in keeping it open to everyone Sad

/c

If it was the DRF I liked to see what type of stuff would posted about Dear Chribbas system. Ya'll are lame to come on here acting as though you really care for this one man's system (I understand Chribbas history) but you guys fail to give two ***** bout the other thousands of systems that went through what Providence is going through now.

Before you can care bout somebody else's system yall should try to unite and care bout the state of the game. Instead of becoming just another "Bot" in the DRF cause. Then coming on here to show how E-brave you are in the face of adversity.

I respect Chribbas history and have even taken the time to tell my Corp-mates a little I know about him, but this is funny.. we need more post like this when the Red is knocking on peoples doors.

Chribba himself I hope can see what I mean. It's cool to be worshipped and all, but perhaps Chribba should use his nobility and fame to get the real motivation from the playerbase.. Implosion of the Blob!

Cry Moar. The reason the game has probably gotten so far and successful is with the aid of chribba, he in my opinion and probably many others is the greatest influence outside of CCP. The reason everyone runs to his aid is because of his status and how he has in turn aided the game.

The reason nobody gives two ***** about you in providence is because what have you done for the game that justifies the help? Also because providence and many other systems change hands so often and have done for years, and finally because chribba keeps his station open for all to use, that most likely is not the case for the rest of null.

The DRF taking over all of null sec is a good thing, not because they will control all of null but it shows that null sec is broken and can be taken, with the exception of NPC space, by a single coalition blobbing with extreme numbers of supercaps and will hopefully get fixed.

Another DRF Regimist.. Who's just trying to do the right thing.. lol.. Like I said,..

ONE MAN DOES EVE NOT MAKE! There were people before Chribba and they'll be thousands after him. You have the balls to go and fight for his ****, but wont fight for your own.

Wake up, its a bigger picture than you, I and most definately Chribba..
Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#198 - 2011-09-29 12:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jokerface666
Apollo-Moor wrote:
seany1212 wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Regardless of what happens, it has been an honor running the system for almost a year, and I couldn't have made it into the trade hub (small) that it is today.

In the even that it gets under someone elses control, I thank you for letting me complete one of my goals in EVE, and if so I hope the new "owners" will respect its history that the system and station has and continue to honor its legacy.

atm they're killing the ihub by the looks of the mails...

Sorry I failed you all in keeping it open to everyone Sad

/c

If it was the DRF I liked to see what type of stuff would posted about Dear Chribbas system. Ya'll are lame to come on here acting as though you really care for this one man's system (I understand Chribbas history) but you guys fail to give two ***** bout the other thousands of systems that went through what Providence is going through now.

Before you can care bout somebody else's system yall should try to unite and care bout the state of the game. Instead of becoming just another "Bot" in the DRF cause. Then coming on here to show how E-brave you are in the face of adversity.

I respect Chribbas history and have even taken the time to tell my Corp-mates a little I know about him, but this is funny.. we need more post like this when the Red is knocking on peoples doors.

Chribba himself I hope can see what I mean. It's cool to be worshipped and all, but perhaps Chribba should use his nobility and fame to get the real motivation from the playerbase.. Implosion of the Blob!

Cry Moar. The reason the game has probably gotten so far and successful is with the aid of chribba, he in my opinion and probably many others is the greatest influence outside of CCP. The reason everyone runs to his aid is because of his status and how he has in turn aided the game.

The reason nobody gives two ***** about you in providence is because what have you done for the game that justifies the help? Also because providence and many other systems change hands so often and have done for years, and finally because chribba keeps his station open for all to use, that most likely is not the case for the rest of null.

The DRF taking over all of null sec is a good thing, not because they will control all of null but it shows that null sec is broken and can be taken, with the exception of NPC space, by a single coalition blobbing with extreme numbers of supercaps and will hopefully get fixed.

Another DRF Regimist.. Who's just trying to do the right thing.. lol.. Like I said,..

ONE MAN DOES EVE NOT MAKE! There were people before Chribba and they'll be thousands after him. You have the balls to go and fight for his ****, but wont fight for your own.

Wake up, its a bigger picture than you, I and most definately Chribba..

lemme summerize that.... you're emoraging on the forums becouse your unable to defend your space?
and your blaming everyone for defending chribbas system, (a person wo is repected by all the big alliances and many people within eve, becouse nearly everyone has at least used one of his services once!)
and not your space.... ehm...

basically you've got 3 options:
1. get better at defending your space
2. go to LS or HS if you're unable to do so
3. build something up for the eve community for the next 4 years, and then come back and cry for help

EDIT: BTW chribba, i want to make a movie about that! -> LINKY
Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#199 - 2011-09-29 13:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Apollo-Moor
You misunderstand. I've stated how I understand the influence in game and out that Chribba has had.
MY POINT

Why do you feel he is worth defeding and not your own space?

1) We do that everyday and have been surving if barely as small alliance with no real BIG BLUE support.

2) Lulz.. Right.. 0.0 Plz

3) Not crying for help, asking why you seem to eager not to defend your own space. Why you are able to mount support for someone you "feel" is being wronged BUT are not so quick to defend your game (or Chribba) from the real threats.

It seems like a lotta half-assed heroes in here. Trying to ride the Chribba bandwagon. When you have influence such as his, its better used on other things than ones self..

By your calculations Chribba is BIGGER than EVE.. Wrong.. So don't put it like that. It doesnt matter what the man has done or how many ******* tattoos he gets about the game he loves. It makes him no better than you and I when it comes down to it.

He's just another person like you and I, with just bit more time on his hands to dedicate to EVE. I'm not knocking his fame, for I've been recognized in other games for my "contributions", but I would find it distateful to be put on some sort of platform. Especially when it comes to defending space, when that has been such a hot button issue for a good time.

Seems like a waste, to call out defence of that system and not the others that are in mor dire need of attention.

EDIT:

AH Northen Coalition.. Explains it all right there.. Plz, dont troll me with your DRF ninja-support. I mean you know thats what I was gettnig at right.. MOAR Lulz 4U
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#200 - 2011-09-29 14:38:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Apollo-Moor wrote:
You misunderstand. I've stated how I understand the influence in game and out that Chribba has had.
MY POINT

Why do you feel he is worth defending and not your own space?

Because you have one station in 0.0 that is controlled by a minor alliance if that.
They are not paying to be there.
They are in an area that traditionally is NRDS.
Because despite all the power blocks people belong to, or not, Chibba's station is the fairy tail of what 0.0 should of been.
So people defend it, because in some ways it is a dream of what they thought 0.0 would be like, before reality set in.

So where they defending Chibba directly or where being self centered and defending there own dreams.
You won't get a single person to admit to the above, but I bet deep down it was the motivation for some.