These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 to be deployed on August 8

First post First post
Author
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#501 - 2012-07-31 17:41:01 UTC
While we are at Neocom stuff, when are we getting HORIZONTAL neocom?
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#502 - 2012-07-31 17:51:40 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
CCP Arrow, I was wondering if you could also add the ability to open Ships Hangar and Items Hangar directly from the neocom in a secondary window?


Yes, I want to add it to the Neocom again. Originally the plan was to only have items in the Neocom that could always be there both in station and in space because new users got confused when Items hangar and Ship hangar disappeared from the Neocom on undock. We also got feedback from players not wanting these two buttons being locked at the bottom and so close to the Undock button so we had decided to make them behave like other Neocom buttons, that users could move around in the icons list. However, when we tried that we saw that managing their location was quite tricky when they would disappear from the Neocom Menu on undock, the list would shift making icons below it move upwards and change their position (if users didn't have them at the bottom of the icons list). If users would then change the position of other icons in the Neocom, perhaps put a new Icon at the bottom, knowing where the Items hangar and Ship hangar should appear again on docking was tricky. Some players remember the position of certain Neocom icon instead of the look of the icon itself.

It became something that wasn't trivial to find a graceful and consistent solution to and we thought the shortcuts to open the Ship hangar and Items hangar directly as secondary windows would be sufficient along with the ability to open them from the Unified Inventory, but it was a wrong call and for that I'm sorry.

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.


Sounds good, but about the position, can you not position them in the extra menu on top, so people can drag in on when they want to? then new players dont have the hassle about the new button.

Secundairy, grey out buttons would be no problem for me, but I assume there will be people who would like to remove them from the neocom alltogether at that point.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#503 - 2012-07-31 17:56:52 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
CCP Arrow, I was wondering if you could also add the ability to open Ships Hangar and Items Hangar directly from the neocom in a secondary window?


Yes, I want to add it to the Neocom again. Originally the plan was to only have items in the Neocom that could always be there both in station and in space because new users got confused when Items hangar and Ship hangar disappeared from the Neocom on undock. We also got feedback from players not wanting these two buttons being locked at the bottom and so close to the Undock button so we had decided to make them behave like other Neocom buttons, that users could move around in the icons list. However, when we tried that we saw that managing their location was quite tricky when they would disappear from the Neocom Menu on undock, the list would shift making icons below it move upwards and change their position (if users didn't have them at the bottom of the icons list). If users would then change the position of other icons in the Neocom, perhaps put a new Icon at the bottom, knowing where the Items hangar and Ship hangar should appear again on docking was tricky. Some players remember the position of certain Neocom icon instead of the look of the icon itself.

It became something that wasn't trivial to find a graceful and consistent solution to and we thought the shortcuts to open the Ship hangar and Items hangar directly as secondary windows would be sufficient along with the ability to open them from the Unified Inventory, but it was a wrong call and for that I'm sorry.

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.



This would be quite acceptable, might even have the tooltip read "not available in space" when it's greyed out.

And while we're on the general idea, can corp hangars, ore bays and drone bays be put back into the rightclick menu for ships/structures?
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#504 - 2012-07-31 18:02:10 UTC
TheSmokingHertog wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
CCP Arrow, I was wondering if you could also add the ability to open Ships Hangar and Items Hangar directly from the neocom in a secondary window?


Yes, I want to add it to the Neocom again. Originally the plan was to only have items in the Neocom that could always be there both in station and in space because new users got confused when Items hangar and Ship hangar disappeared from the Neocom on undock. We also got feedback from players not wanting these two buttons being locked at the bottom and so close to the Undock button so we had decided to make them behave like other Neocom buttons, that users could move around in the icons list. However, when we tried that we saw that managing their location was quite tricky when they would disappear from the Neocom Menu on undock, the list would shift making icons below it move upwards and change their position (if users didn't have them at the bottom of the icons list). If users would then change the position of other icons in the Neocom, perhaps put a new Icon at the bottom, knowing where the Items hangar and Ship hangar should appear again on docking was tricky. Some players remember the position of certain Neocom icon instead of the look of the icon itself.

It became something that wasn't trivial to find a graceful and consistent solution to and we thought the shortcuts to open the Ship hangar and Items hangar directly as secondary windows would be sufficient along with the ability to open them from the Unified Inventory, but it was a wrong call and for that I'm sorry.

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.


Sounds good, but about the position, can you not position them in the extra menu on top, so people can drag in on when they want to? then new players dont have the hassle about the new button.

Secundairy, grey out buttons would be no problem for me, but I assume there will be people who would like to remove them from the neocom alltogether at that point.


First of all Item Hangar button can open ship hangar while in space.
Ship Hangar can remain greyed out

Remeber there are a lot of situation when we want to open inwentory in space:
POS managing
Looting
Using friendly ships hangars

In this situation this button could open nearest container / pos structure / etc
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#505 - 2012-07-31 18:06:45 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
Bubanni wrote:
CCP Arrow, I was wondering if you could also add the ability to open Ships Hangar and Items Hangar directly from the neocom in a secondary window?


Yes, I want to add it to the Neocom again. Originally the plan was to only have items in the Neocom that could always be there both in station and in space because new users got confused when Items hangar and Ship hangar disappeared from the Neocom on undock. We also got feedback from players not wanting these two buttons being locked at the bottom and so close to the Undock button so we had decided to make them behave like other Neocom buttons, that users could move around in the icons list. However, when we tried that we saw that managing their location was quite tricky when they would disappear from the Neocom Menu on undock, the list would shift making icons below it move upwards and change their position (if users didn't have them at the bottom of the icons list). If users would then change the position of other icons in the Neocom, perhaps put a new Icon at the bottom, knowing where the Items hangar and Ship hangar should appear again on docking was tricky. Some players remember the position of certain Neocom icon instead of the look of the icon itself.

It became something that wasn't trivial to find a graceful and consistent solution to and we thought the shortcuts to open the Ship hangar and Items hangar directly as secondary windows would be sufficient along with the ability to open them from the Unified Inventory, but it was a wrong call and for that I'm sorry.

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.


Yes :) greyed out would be fine <3 and looking forward to them being back, also I think it is fine for now that we can't get them next to the undock, as long as we get the ability later :)

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Rock Kicker
Full Bore Inc
#506 - 2012-07-31 18:51:51 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:


So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


Absolutely!

The new UniFUBAR Inventory.  Where Clickfest rules and Usability fails.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#507 - 2012-07-31 20:45:51 UTC
Murashu wrote:


Greying them out would be better than not having them at all. While you are fixing the Neocom, any chance we could get our date back?


Do you mean the date when you hover over the time? If so, it's been back a while.

Droxlyn
TOHA Heavy Industries
Blades of Grass
#508 - 2012-07-31 21:27:29 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
[

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.


Could the ship button open up the closest SMB or SMA in space that you can use?
Murashu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#509 - 2012-07-31 22:50:14 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Murashu wrote:


Greying them out would be better than not having them at all. While you are fixing the Neocom, any chance we could get our date back?


Do you mean the date when you hover over the time? If so, it's been back a while.



Nope, the date as it was before CCP Optimal decided to completely remove it.
Jonuts
The Arrow Project
#510 - 2012-08-01 00:02:56 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:


Currently on TQ, if you hold the Shift key while Double-clicking your own ship you will open up a secondary inventory window which should be as you configured it before, if you however do not hold Shift, you open up the primary inventory window (Unified Inventory) which does also persist, but only in the location of the primary window, and not the cargo hold that you expected.

So this does currently work, if you open up a secondary type window, but that only happens by holding in the Shift key.. So this setting that we are adding will make this the primary behavior, so there would not be a need for holding the Shift key to get the secondary windows.


FYI, that's Bass Ackwards. So bass ackwards.

Lord Helghast wrote:


I like this, as long as the "tab/popup botton" is small and consisten, like a little wrench in the corner of said window that toggles the settings mode / popup whatever... And not a giant tab strip across the top of the damn window lol... just add a small wrench next to the minimize/maximize or something.


That definitely sounds reasonable and workable. Almost like a good idea in fact :D


CCP Arrow wrote:

Currently the difference is that all secondary windows open up with the Index Tree minimized. If users keep the primary with the Index Tree visible, they will always know if they are opening a primary or secondary window.


Wow. Secondary windows essentially exist solely for people who don't want **** to do with the tree in the first place and already have it minimized. Honestly, I see no point in differentiating between primary/secondary windows, but hey, I'm not a serious power user, nor do I even understand the difference. Return neocom and right click shortcuts, and problems are solved. Instead we get all this primary/secondary window crap. Bleh. I'm too sober to make sense of this gibberish :(

CCP Arrow wrote:


Yes, I want to add it to the Neocom again. Originally the plan was to only have items in the Neocom that could always be there both in station and in space because new users got confused when Items hangar and Ship hangar disappeared from the Neocom on undock. We also got feedback from players not wanting these two buttons being locked at the bottom and so close to the Undock button so we had decided to make them behave like other Neocom buttons, that users could move around in the icons list. However, when we tried that we saw that managing their location was quite tricky when they would disappear from the Neocom Menu on undock, the list would shift making icons below it move upwards and change their position (if users didn't have them at the bottom of the icons list). If users would then change the position of other icons in the Neocom, perhaps put a new Icon at the bottom, knowing where the Items hangar and Ship hangar should appear again on docking was tricky. Some players remember the position of certain Neocom icon instead of the look of the icon itself.

It became something that wasn't trivial to find a graceful and consistent solution to and we thought the shortcuts to open the Ship hangar and Items hangar directly as secondary windows would be sufficient along with the ability to open them from the Unified Inventory, but it was a wrong call and for that I'm sorry.

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space). That way you can still know where they are located compared to other Neocom icons, but also know that you can't click them at that time.
This would mean that these two icons would behave differently from everything else in the Neocom, so kind of inconsistent, but I'm guessing you would be fine with that?


TL;DR: Users that want to have Items hangar and Ship hangar in the Neocom (even though they disappear (or grey out) on Dock/Undock) should be allowed to do so and it is in our iteration plan to allow players to move them to the Neocom root again.

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.


Holy. ****. I never thought I'd see an answer to this, having only seen it asked about five thousand times! So, to answer everything:

Why would there be a problem at all with greying out a button when you're undocked? Makes perfect sense. Hell, disappearing buttons are fine too. Or not have them disappear or grey out, and just not work. Hard to interact with my item hangar when I'm not at the station after all. People will figure it out, because this isn't rocket science. The inconsistency is acceptable, because they're fundamentally different from everything else on the neocom. Has there EVER been a time when they were treated the same as every other icon? I highly doubt that you've had a section of the player base constantly disparage your parentage because the ship hangar and item hangar buttons disappeared when you undock. Yet I do notice that quite a few players disparage your parentage since you've removed them. Obviously what you had before worked a **** ton better than what you have now...This is no brainer bullshit that should have been fixed on the test server. Instead, we're not even fixed two months later. Don't remove working solutions because they aren't perfect. IMPROVE THEM. I swear, if I did my job the way you people do, I'd go to jail for criminal negligence.

As for the hotkeys, I've been using them for a while. About 10 seconds after alt-c opened inventory instead of cargo (which had a great deal of cussing from me).

Now, whats your excuse for removing right click shortcuts? Afraid someone sniffing too much glue might open a drone bay instead of their ore bay?
Wiu Ming
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#511 - 2012-08-01 00:21:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Wiu Ming
Kirin Intarca wrote:
The flaming these forums give to the Devs sickens me...

Sorry to have hurt your feelings there buddy, but...

Kirin Intarca wrote:
The Devs do not ignore the player feedback...

You're talking about EVE Online, right? Aside from Punkturis and a few others, it seems like ignoring player feedback is exactly what 'The Devs' do best. There were numerous posts about the terribleness of the new UI while it was being tested on Sisi, yet 'The Devs' put their hands to their ears & pulled a "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA" yet again.

Kirin Intarca wrote:
The unified inventory is a great addition...

... in your opinion. And you're certainly entitled, and I'm sure there are lots of players who would agree with you. However...

Kirin Intarca wrote:
Don't whine, gripe, and sob about a problem when talking to the devs...

when you've got literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of your player base telling you IF IT AIN'T BROKE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST DON'T EFFING 'FIX IT' yet they do it anyway (again), incredulity leads to frustration leads to anger. Again.

It's up to CCP to decide whether they'll listen to their player base or not. When rage boiled over and resulted in the Jita riots, CCP actually said "ok - we get it, sorry!!! this won't happen again, we promise!!" and most of us instantly forgave and forgot. There were piles of praise heaped on the devs for that simple acknowledgement, which is what makes the UI fiasco even more frustrating and difficult to comprehend.

The behavior CCP is instilling (has instilled?) in us is this: b!tch and we'll ignore you, totally lose your minds and rage at us, drop your accounts, scream at us in whatever forums you possibly can, and maybe if we're in a good mood, we'll listen. And that, good sir, is something your paying customers should never be subjected to.
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#512 - 2012-08-01 00:58:24 UTC
Wiu Ming wrote:

when you've got literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of your player base telling you IF IT AIN'T BROKE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST DON'T EFFING 'FIX IT' yet they do it anyway (again), incredulity leads to frustration leads to anger. Again.

It's up to CCP to decide whether they'll listen to their player base or not. When rage boiled over and resulted in the Jita riots, CCP actually said "ok - we get it, sorry!!! this won't happen again, we promise!!" and most of us instantly forgave and forgot. There were piles of praise heaped on the devs for that simple acknowledgement, which is what makes the UI fiasco even more frustrating and difficult to comprehend.

The behavior CCP is instilling (has instilled?) in us is this: b!tch and we'll ignore you, totally lose your minds and rage at us, drop your accounts, scream at us in whatever forums you possibly can, and maybe if we're in a good mood, we'll listen. And that, good sir, is something your paying customers should never be subjected to.


+1

If I'd done this kind of work at any job I'd ever worked at I'd be taking a long vacation called looking for another.
Miss Everest
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#513 - 2012-08-01 03:15:15 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 will be deployed on Wednesday, August 8.

...

Check our Inferno 1.2 feature page for more information! Also watch our forums and further announcement for a detailed deployment schedule and the full patch notes.

...





The problem with this comment is there is literally no information on the site to look at.
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#514 - 2012-08-01 04:30:24 UTC
Honestly, the issue with ships and items icons being awkward has everything to do with the Station Services section of the Station panel needing a complete rework.

If that was resolved then you could have items hangar and ships hangar buttons be on the station panel and consistently there, meanwhile the current station services could be organized better/more useful, etc.

You've done a great job with all parts of the User Interface, but the Station services section suffers horribly still from being totally haphazardly unorganized and could be handled much better and is clearly a left over from an age gone by.


I personally use Merge Items and Ships into Station Panel and this resolves my ability to access those panels quickly and easily. At this point I'd recommend setting that as a default setting for users since many people don't even know the option is there, and it would give them a way to have quick access to items and ships.

Where I am.

rafael Elarik
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#515 - 2012-08-01 05:49:19 UTC  |  Edited by: rafael Elarik
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tippia wrote:


CCP Punkturis wrote:
I'm on Team Super Friends.

We worked on War Dec changes and new modules. We also made new Kill Reports to go with the War Reports that were a part of the War Dec UI.

My team had nothing to do with the unified inventory.
Ok. That just means the opaqueness is one layer up — in what team does what and who is on what team. I just got that impression from somewhere, and that may have been wrong, but the general gist of it all is the same.


The broader solution to all this is for people to stop imagining they have a perfect grasp of the minutate of EVE development and holding individual developers personally accountable for development decisions and outcomes. Nobody, from Hellmar and Unifex down, gets to make decisions completely unilaterally, and nobody ever hits a "perfect game" and gets to ship a feature that turns out exactly the way they wanted it to. Making an MMO is a very complex operation with lots of moving parts that have to mesh together very tightly - everything has to be done as a team, and it's never as straightforward as you'd like to hope.


Your right I don't hold individual devs responsible...I hold them ALL responsible, as a collective.It really doesn't matter if you are dev A that didn't work on item Z,you are a ccp representative and that's sufficient. This is called "responsibility "..when you are in a position of responsibility you need to be able to accept some heat...yes even if you aren't personally responsible. It's part of being a company representative.Saying something like "My team had nothing to do with the unified inventory" is quite unprofessional to say the least.
Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#516 - 2012-08-01 07:07:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
CCP Arrow wrote:

So, an idea I want to throw out there: If we would add them into the Neocom again, would it be OK if the Items hangar and Ship hangar would be greyed out in the Neocom when they are not accessible? (while in space).

This sound like an acceptable solution. Good idea. I support this.

CCP Arrow wrote:

Until this is fixed you can use Alt-N for Ship hangar and Alt-G for Item hangar to open them up directly as secondary windows, and because they are secondary windows, they remember their state, position, size etc. individually.

I do not use shortcuts very often. I ever tought that EVE is a game, played via mouse. Therefore I use just a very small amount of shortcuts (only 3 for drones). I prefer mouse clicks. Double clicks at icons and, as result thereof, seperate windows.Smile

If you could bring back the icons into the neocom and doublecklicks at icons (like ships, wrecks or containers in stations etc.) to open new windows, it would be wonderful.
Everyone who loves the unified inventory can ignore the icons and the "autoShift" checkbox and use the inv. as it is. But all others can nearly rebuild the behavior of the old beloved inventory/ UI.
You would make a lot of people happy. <- my personal opinion
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#517 - 2012-08-01 07:11:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kusum Fawn
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1302413#post1302413

Posted: 2012.05.15 11:37

most of these "new" changes were asked for before you posted this. is your backlog really 3 months?

btw i still really love this quote, (bolded)

CCP Arrow wrote:
Not only did we collect all feedback from the Forums, personal posts, Twitter comments and other sources but we took the issues many of you like Grey Stormshadow, Tippia and other have been pointing out and created a User Testing plan which we facilitated last week. In the sessions the whole team observed the live feed and took notes on everything the participants did. We don't do User Tests because we don't believe you when you say there is a problem, we want to address it correctly and by seeing it in action with our own eyes, we can more easily find a solution to the problems you have found.


true its a soundbite, so ive included the context.

It has been three months and the useability issues are still there. and you are just getting around to asking us if we want neocom buttons? worried that we might not want them? i hope there was a long relaxing vacation in these last months, cause nothing else could possibly explain ...

i think ill go play halo. i cant believe that ive been posting about this for three months and you are still working through the first day of testserver feedback. I have got to be insane.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#518 - 2012-08-01 07:48:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
Hello Kusum,

I must say that I am one of the haters of this unified inventory. I can't stand it! But if I read all statements from the posting CCP's / Dev's in this thread I must also say that I am carefully optimistic, that CCP is now REALLY working on things to improve the current inventory and to bring back former functionality.

- CCP Arrow said that he and his team is willed to bring an option, compareable to an "autoShift", to be able to open new seperate windows WITHOUT any shift+click again.
- Furthermore he asked what should also be influenced from this new "autoShift" checkbox.
- After that we might get our Icons in the neocom back too.

One option I do not really understand is.. We are also adding the ability to drag tabs out of the index tree to open them as new secondary windows, that will always work, with or without this setting turned on. But lets wait and see.

THESE changes will bring back the former functionality of the old UI / inventory. (Depending on how good CCP is able to (re)implement these features Blink)
I think CCP got their (deserved) fire from the community since day one (release of this unified UI on 22.05.2012) and now really likes to end the unhappiness of their customers.
Nankeen Heron
Jim's Mowing
#519 - 2012-08-01 13:13:57 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 will be deployed on Wednesday, August 8.


Was it deployed? I haven't seen a patch and/or client update. Sad
Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#520 - 2012-08-01 13:51:48 UTC
Nankeen Heron wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 will be deployed on Wednesday, August 8.


Was it deployed? I haven't seen a patch and/or client update. Sad

Today we have Wednesday, August 1. The patch will come next week. Smile