These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Strip Miner III and Industrial Overheating

Author
Janet Patton
Brony Express
#21 - 2012-07-24 22:41:16 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:
How about introducing a 'Damage Control' minigame to mining, wherein you are inside the ship trying to shore up slowly breaching bulkheads from holding too much ore, re-route cooling systems to overheating mining lasers, and also recalibrating the sensors to pick up incoming gankers after you lose the sweeps, the creeps, and the beeps.

This would be ideal but would make mining anywhere remotely dangerous impossible.

Why do I have this sig? I don't smoke.

Janet Patton
Brony Express
#22 - 2012-07-24 23:10:28 UTC
For the OP we don't need Tech III anything. I believe Tech III is currently reserved for Strategic Cruisers and they plan on keeping it that way. Just because its Tech III doesn't mean it's magically better. If anything it would probably have worst yield.

This is what the current techs represent.

Tech I = durable, can actually be overheated a lot longer compared to its Tech II variant and is cheap to repair.
Tech II = specialized, doing just one thing really well. It's delicate build makes really sensitive to being overheated and expensive to repair.
Tech III = Strategic Cruiser sub systems.

What would be a better idea is if they added in higher meta versions of mining lasers. Like faction, DED, and officer. So instead of tech III they just just allow you to overheat your current mining lasers, and maybe add in a few new skills for doing so on top of the current overheating mechanic.

Also saying you just want to get technetium from asteroids doesn't make any sense. Why not any of the other moon minerals? Wanting to be able to mine it just because its the most valuable moon resource will not win over any arguments to do so. While I personally would love it because I mine. It's a stupid game breaking idea.

CCP already said they plan on adding planet ring mining and you would get moon minerals from that.

Why do I have this sig? I don't smoke.

Previous page12