These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Ancillary Shield Booster use should be nerfed

First post
Author
Dograzor
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-07-22 16:26:45 UTC
ASB's are nice at the place where they are. They can be beaten, just like anything in Eve... Rock, Paper, Scissors.. just adapt to it.
IamBeastx
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-07-22 16:29:37 UTC
You have no idea, no clue, they are easily beaten.
Get with the times, learn to adapt.
Also, if you think a single ASB is bad you have no idea about dual ASB (thank my amarrian gods they where banned).

All my life i wanted to be someone, now i know i should have been more specific.

The Bazzalisk
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-22 16:31:46 UTC
Look at this match at the moment - Mildly Intoxicated - Raiden.

Those 3 Proteuses were unable to take down a webbed Sleipnir for a solid minute, and the logi was long dead. It's a bit silly.
notarealgirl
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-07-22 16:32:57 UTC
I love ASB's, they offer so much to everyone who has the brains to consider them, on TQ or in the tourney, you just have to play smarter to beat them.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2012-07-22 16:33:49 UTC
The Bazzalisk wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

The rest of beating it basically requires you to coax out a reload while staying alive, once you do that you pounce on the ship in question and rip it apart.
But, if they don't reload then they can just use all 13 charges.


What?

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2012-07-22 16:39:16 UTC
The Bazzalisk wrote:
Look at this match at the moment - Mildly Intoxicated - Raiden.

Those 3 Proteuses were unable to take down a webbed Sleipnir for a solid minute, and the logi was long dead. It's a bit silly.



Did you mean those 3 proteus's that were rotating turns being jammed?


Lets do some simple math shall we?

Lets say a single XL ASB reps about 400 per cycle right?

Lets say each proteus does 500 damage, thats low, I'm way undershooting the Damage value of the proteus but basically the 3 of them added up to nearly 1500 dps or more.


Do you see how a single ASB wouldn't matter at all to those proteus's?


I think you're confusing what you're seeing with whats actually happening and you just dont understand the mod.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-07-22 16:41:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Takeshi Yamato
Grath Telkin wrote:
The Bazzalisk wrote:
Look at this match at the moment - Mildly Intoxicated - Raiden.

Those 3 Proteuses were unable to take down a webbed Sleipnir for a solid minute, and the logi was long dead. It's a bit silly.



Did you mean those 3 proteus's that were rotating turns being jammed?


Lets do some simple math shall we?

Lets say a single XL ASB reps about 400 per cycle right?

Lets say each proteus does 500 damage, thats low, I'm way undershooting the Damage value of the proteus but basically the 3 of them added up to nearly 1500 dps or more.


Do you see how a single ASB wouldn't matter at all to those proteus's?


I think you're confusing what you're seeing with whats actually happening and you just dont understand the mod.


This just in: ASBs not overpowered because a single ASB will be broken by 3x Proteuses.

PS: a XL-ASB + Invulnerability Field II on a Sleipnir is already a 1k dps tank, so your little example is not even correct with a properly fitted Sleipnir.
Lugalzagezi666
#28 - 2012-07-22 16:44:52 UTC
OP is right.

xl asb tank on sleipnir - 2490 dps overheated
xl asb tank on vargur - 2000 oh
fitting - 200/500
reps from asb are neut proof

lar tank on kronos - 450 dps overheated
mar tank on astarte - 270 dps oh
add fittings and +1 med slot for med/heavy cap booster

Then you can add 4 transfers from logi and links from command ship. This way both ships can get more than 5k dps tank overheated for almost one minute.

If you chain your cap transfers, you can run your booster even longer (you can also send cap to the logi - that has asb too of course). Completely unbalanced compared to armor reps.

Well, its noticeable - no ships use active armor tank while almost all ships use active shield tank. In this tournament ships fitting asb simply got 1 minute invulnerability card when fitted right.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2012-07-22 16:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Grath Telkin
Takeshi Yamato wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
The Bazzalisk wrote:
Look at this match at the moment - Mildly Intoxicated - Raiden.

Those 3 Proteuses were unable to take down a webbed Sleipnir for a solid minute, and the logi was long dead. It's a bit silly.



Did you mean those 3 proteus's that were rotating turns being jammed?


Lets do some simple math shall we?

Lets say a single XL ASB reps about 400 per cycle right?

Lets say each proteus does 500 damage, thats low, I'm way undershooting the Damage value of the proteus but basically the 3 of them added up to nearly 1500 dps or more.


Do you see how a single ASB wouldn't matter at all to those proteus's?


I think you're confusing what you're seeing with whats actually happening and you just dont understand the mod.


This just in: ASBs not overpowered because a single ASB will be broken by 3x Proteuses.

PS: a XL-ASB + Invulnerability Field II on a Sleipnir is already a 1k dps tank.


This just in, it'll be broken by most single ships, much less 2 ships, and people like you are over inflating its power level because you're mad about losses you've taken to them.


In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.


Stop being a little girl about it.

Lugalzagezi666 wrote:


xl asb tank on sleipnir - 2490 dps overheated
xl asb tank on vargur - 2000 oh
fitting - 200/500
reps from asb are neut proof




These numbers are very made up, good job.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-22 16:49:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Takeshi Yamato
Grath Telkin wrote:


In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.



Only because on the BS level you can't oversize the ASB. For everything else, the ASB is ridiculously overpowered. If XXL-ASBs existed, the Maelstrom would wipe the floor with the Vindi without breaking a sweat.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-07-22 16:52:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Grath Telkin
Takeshi Yamato wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:


In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.



Only because on the BS level you can't oversize the ASB. For everything else, the ASB is ridiculously overpowered. If XXL-ASBs existed, the Maelstrom would wipe the floor with the Vindi without breaking a sweat.


What, well if you're going to make up mods out of thin air to prove your point i want an XL armor rep.



I mean, a straight up LARGE armor rep, can beat TWO XL reps on a mael.


But sure, feel free to create mods out of thin air to validate your argument.

EDIT: To put it in perspective, in the Verge/Rote match, that Verge sleip only tanked 51k damage, thats not very much, theres just a need to whine about a new mod from a bunch of people that have died to them.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Lugalzagezi666
#32 - 2012-07-22 16:56:02 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.


Shocking news!
Pirate battleship (also most dpsing subcap in eve) was able to consistently beat tech 1 battleship. Proof that asbs are not unbalanced at all!!
Roll
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2012-07-22 16:58:35 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.


Shocking news!
Pirate battleship (also most dpsing subcap in eve) was able to consistently beat tech 1 battleship. Proof that asbs are not unbalanced at all!!
Roll


Not sure if you're serious....

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-07-22 16:59:10 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Takeshi Yamato wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:


In testing, a single rep vindi has consistently beaten a dual ASB maelstrom.



Only because on the BS level you can't oversize the ASB. For everything else, the ASB is ridiculously overpowered. If XXL-ASBs existed, the Maelstrom would wipe the floor with the Vindi without breaking a sweat.


What, well if you're going to make up mods out of thin air to prove your point i want an XL armor rep.



I mean, a straight up LARGE armor rep, can beat TWO XL reps on a mael.


But sure, feel free to create mods out of thin air to validate your argument.


Actually I was pointing out the critical difference between a Sleipnir and a Maelstrom that you somehow missed. The Sleipnir can run an oversized ASB, the Maelstrom cannot. So your counter that ASBs are fine because a Maelstrom loses to a Vindi doesn't translate to smaller ship sizes.
Ryno Caval
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-07-22 17:01:21 UTC
they already have a disadvantage with the 60sec reload and most of the number of charges is 10 regular cap boosters and then 12 or 13 navy cap boosters and what ends up happening when you run out of charges you are extremely weak tank and you tend to run outta cap extremely quickly so they already are balanced you just need to stop crying about the ASB however with some of the other inferno modules need buff like the reactive armor is weak as hell the target breaker is kinda wack maybe focus on the stuff that really is broken the ASB is fine the way it is it penalizes you for running outta charges and running the module and you run out of ammo rather quickly so you have to balance how much damage you are willing to take in the shields.
fpshacker
Alpha Republic - Transcenders of Space and Time
Solyaris Chtonium
#36 - 2012-07-22 17:01:48 UTC
In tournament setting the ASB is op. It makes sleipners far too viable compared to other ships.

CCP needs to make an armor variant of this module or nerf the sleips bonuses. Otherwise we should all get used to seeing sleip teams being the fotm that everyone goes to in the tournament.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2012-07-22 17:16:19 UTC
This thread is a classic example of people not understanding game mechanics and mods and instead of learning about them whining that they get nerfed.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

fpshacker
Alpha Republic - Transcenders of Space and Time
Solyaris Chtonium
#38 - 2012-07-22 17:18:18 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
This thread is a classic example of people not understanding game mechanics and mods and instead of learning about them whining that they get nerfed.


This post is a classic example of grath telkin being bitter and pretending to understand game mechanics.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-07-22 17:19:48 UTC
fpshacker wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
This thread is a classic example of people not understanding game mechanics and mods and instead of learning about them whining that they get nerfed.


This post is a classic example of grath telkin being bitter and pretending to understand game mechanics.



Yea, you coming at me calling me bitter after i got you kicked out of PL doesn't look at all hypocritical...

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Lugalzagezi666
#40 - 2012-07-22 17:21:02 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

Not sure if you're serious....


And you? Are you serious? You are basing validity of your argument on comparing most dpsing pirate bs (that has like 50% more dps, better tracking, lower signature, higher speed, higher agility, 90% web +1 "free" mid) to plain tech 1 bs...