These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Halaima Miner Bumping IPO ROUND 3 -- SHOW'S OVER, SALE CLOSED!

Author
Drago Wolfbane Skorvalk
Great Black Hole of Eve
#21 - 2012-07-22 18:04:40 UTC
Rykker Bow wrote:
I had the great honor of watching the Supreme Protector in action two days ago. While warping through the system Kamio, the first line in local was this:

"James 315: i do not need a titan, my Invincible Stabber is worth more than all your supercaps combined"

Needless to say that sparked immediat interest and I found myself coming back throughout the night to watch the Protector start to bring order to the chaos that was Kamio.

I've put the local log into a google.doc for your review; to the investors who have joined in his vision. Of particular note to investors is the line on 04:10:02.

Keep in mind that the local chat was conducted the entire time James 315 was bumping miners.

Kamio local chatlog

Surprising that they will not donate the mere 10m isk to James for his hard work at bringing law and order to the local mining fields they exist in, but will threaten to hire mercs to attack the investor list.......

Great job showing the hard work James deals with in his role as protector of the mining industry. It is amazing the harassment and disrespect he deals with day in and day out, while only trying to do his job and make an honest living to feed and cloth his space children. The miners would rather see innocents starve over donating a minor contribution....Speaks VOLUMES on how much this service James is willing to provide is actually needed. I was ignorant until I got involved reading James's threads.

Thank you for the hard work James. You bear the disrespect and rudeness so that we can all sleep soundly knowing no miner is operating in lawless space without you trying to help them! KUDOS!!!
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#22 - 2012-07-22 19:23:04 UTC
Drago Wolfbane Skorvalk wrote:
Thank you for the hard work James. You bear the disrespect and rudeness so that we can all sleep soundly knowing no miner is operating in lawless space without you trying to help them! KUDOS!!!

o7

That chat log provides some idea of how much work needs to be done in Kamio. But hey, if the miners weren't behaving in an unacceptable manner, I wouldn't need to bring them civilization now would I? Smile

OP updated again to reflect shares purchased. Just a bit over 24 hours until the sale gets closed up and no more shares will be available. Last call, everyone. Cool
Kailean
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-07-22 19:55:24 UTC
Well I for one welcome any mercs to try their hand at me.
Caelis Boirelle
Aurora Investments
#24 - 2012-07-22 21:51:53 UTC
Rykker Bow wrote:
Of particular note to investors is the line on 04:10:02.

Keep in mind that the local chat was conducted the entire time James 315 was bumping miners.

[ 2012.07.21 04:10:02 ] Sax Man > I looked over the investor list....I gave consideration to sending that list to a merc corp for "treatement"

Considering the same for him.

Not fond of threats, idle or otherwise.
James 315
CODE.
#25 - 2012-07-22 22:21:19 UTC
The tail end of that chat transcript caught them plotting after I left local. I'm doubtful they would actually try anything against the investors--I've found miners to be very fond of bluffs and idle threats. If that miner knew the investors were watching, he would panic. My bet is, rather than trying to intimidate investors, the miners are more likely to try and beg investors to stop supporting me. Lol

OP updated again with additional investments.
Rykker Bow
Center for Advanced Studies
#26 - 2012-07-22 22:34:14 UTC
James 315 wrote:
The tail end of that chat transcript caught them plotting after I left local. I'm doubtful they would actually try anything against the investors--I've found miners to be very fond of bluffs and idle threats. If that miner knew the investors were watching, he would panic. My bet is, rather than trying to intimidate investors, the miners are more likely to try and beg investors to stop supporting me. Lol

OP updated again with additional investments.

I saw the same thing in that they were more about threats than actions. I would not think too much about it and indeed would be a good change of pace to have a reason to hire a couple of merc corps to do some fighting for me. I'll go out and watch and maybe throw a couple punches but at the end of the day I'm a trader not a fighter Lol

The Mjolnir Bloc - Lowsec PvP for the sophisticated - The Mjolnir Bloc Killboards

Paul Casey
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-07-22 23:29:15 UTC
50 shares for me please when would you like the isk
James 315
CODE.
#28 - 2012-07-22 23:37:50 UTC
Paul Casey wrote:
50 shares for me please when would you like the isk

Got it.
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-07-23 02:21:52 UTC
Sent ya iskies for 10 shares
R0me0 Charl1e
Easy A Industries
#30 - 2012-07-23 04:14:25 UTC  |  Edited by: R0me0 Charl1e
Rykker Bow wrote:

I remember that. It was really pathetic watching the people who were demanding a 1v1. I did however help our leader with his duties in the ice field that day as well.

But the most important thing I learn that day is that I am one of James 315 alts (apparently). What?
James 315
CODE.
#31 - 2012-07-23 14:57:36 UTC
R0me0 Charl1e wrote:
But the most important thing I learn that day is that I am one of James 315 alts (apparently). What?

Is there any accusation that can carry a higher honour? Smile

OP updated again. Isk has been received for all of the shares reserved in advance--I appreciate that, guys.

Later today this IPO round closes. I do not know when there will be another opportunity to buy stock in this venture, so order now or forever hold your peace. Cool
James 315
CODE.
#32 - 2012-07-23 20:02:32 UTC
THIS SALE IS NOW CLOSED.

Well, that's a wrap! No more shares of the miner bumping business will be sold until further notice. I trust that everyone who wanted to get a piece of the action had ample time to do so.

This round of the IPO was the most successful yet, with over 2 billion isk worth of shares sold. Our enemies tremble in fear! Cool
Sun Win
#33 - 2012-07-23 20:22:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Sun Win
James, I'm wondering if you can illuminate a point for me. I've read over the chatlogs and this part caught my attention:

Quote:
[ 2012.07.21 02:18:01 ] Pablo Escobar823 > extortion
[ 2012.07.21 02:18:07 ] James 315 > extortion is within the rules

I'm surprised to see you using this language, as it seems clear to me that there is nothing extortionate about your noble work in bringing civilization to high sec.

Can you clarify?

P.S.

Quote:
[ 2012.07.21 02:39:24 ] chickenleg80 > keep in mind i have no time for a bunch of reading

Truly there is a long road ahead.
James 315
CODE.
#34 - 2012-07-23 20:28:13 UTC
Sun Win wrote:
James, I'm wondering if you can illuminate a point for me. I've read over the chatlogs and this part caught my attention:

Quote:
[ 2012.07.21 02:18:01 ] Pablo Escobar823 > extortion
[ 2012.07.21 02:18:07 ] James 315 > extortion is within the rules

I'm surprised to see you using this language, as it seems clear to me that there is nothing extortionate about your noble work in bringing civilization to high sec.

Can you clarify?

Miners very frequently use the word "extortion" when referring to my enforcement of the Code. Although there's a lot in the Code, miners, in their greed, tend to get hung-up on the mining fee provision. Obviously there's no element of extortion in what I do, but that's miners for you.

I believe in that portion of the chat, Pablo was trying to pin a breach of the EULA on me. Extortion, like piracy, can-flipping, suicide ganking and warfare of all kinds, is not a violation of the EULA (nor are any of those things violations of the Code). Since no one can dispute the fact that extortion is permitted under the EULA, an observer does not even need to consider the question of whether my enforcement activities qualify as "extortion." Thus, even if Pablo is convinced that I practice extortion, he has no grounds for a complaint under the EULA.
Missette
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-07-23 20:31:15 UTC
This is an interesting lesson for all MD posters. James 315 provided nothing but an interesting story. he has not provided a plan, he has not given any promise of repaying any money, and MD just threw 2.8 billion at him. Mr Busher provides a clumsy attempt at a bond, possibly legitamately, and he is flamed to no end.

Lesson: write a good story and the world is your oyster.

Go James 315, this is the best read in MD in a long time. I'm starting to feel a little guilty for not buying into your plot, just for the sheer entertainment of it. to the guy who gave James 315 3/4 of a billion, man, thats a bold move with money you'll never see again. (except as James flyes away with it).
James 315
CODE.
#36 - 2012-07-23 20:31:22 UTC
Sun Win wrote:
Quote:
[ 2012.07.21 02:39:24 ] chickenleg80 > keep in mind i have no time for a bunch of reading

Truly there is a long road ahead.

You think that's bad, a miner dropped this little gem on me yesterday:

[ 2012.07.22 23:02:17 ] RedSabre Auduin > no, they cant. eve is too slow of a game for people to stare at there computers for hours just for something to happen. this was designed as a background game
vanilla m1lk
Rapid Deploy Logistics
#37 - 2012-07-23 23:46:39 UTC
So how do the shareholders actually get money from this? Do we get monthly dividends or something? Also each time you've offered to sell shares they've always been 1mil each so does that mean they won't go up in value?
Rykker Bow
Center for Advanced Studies
#38 - 2012-07-24 00:03:01 UTC
vanilla m1lk wrote:
So how do the shareholders actually get money from this? Do we get monthly dividends or something? Also each time you've offered to sell shares they've always been 1mil each so does that mean they won't go up in value?

dividends have been distributed in the form of laughs and I for one have received all payments on time.

James 315 has never brought up the subject or even hinted at payments to my knowledge and I don't believe there will be any. I believe the majority of the shareholders already know this and view it as giving donations to a very unique and entertaining thread that also plays out in game as well.

The Mjolnir Bloc - Lowsec PvP for the sophisticated - The Mjolnir Bloc Killboards

James 315
CODE.
#39 - 2012-07-24 01:57:53 UTC
vanilla m1lk wrote:

The question about how shareholders make money from this actually did come up briefly during the IPO Round 1 thread. Given the novelty of my business model, I decided to collect more data and iron out the details before issuing anything definitive on the matter. Like Facebook and other real-world IPOs, we're making money in this business, but haven't yet mapped out how to fully monetize it. But the business attracts investors because it's obvious we've got gold on our hands. Smile

As far as the stock itself increasing in value, there's no doubt it has. Each IPO round has seen a surge of new investors. I think as the fame of miner bumping grows and our vision gains a stronger hold on the EVE community, more people will see the wisdom in supporting this venture. Those who were early investors will no doubt hold their stock with great pride. And as the New Order increases in influence, so too do its voting shareholders. Remember that we're at the very earliest stage of this journey. It's a long road toward the total reformation of highsec.

Though a wildly successful business, the New Order is also a social movement. I would caution against getting too fixated on the isk side of things. I find that isk tends to be overrated when it comes to enjoyment in EVE. The things that last longest are the great ideas sparked from emergent gameplay. Meanwhile, investors can rest easy that there's no danger of being scammed of their hard-earned cash, given how many years it has been since I ran my big Ponzi scam here. As for me, my eyes are fixed on the future. Our enemies better watch out, because there's no stopping us! Cool
Tash Avrat
Osmanli Empire
#40 - 2012-07-24 03:26:07 UTC
Caelis Boirelle wrote:
Rykker Bow wrote:
Of particular note to investors is the line on 04:10:02.

[ 2012.07.21 04:10:02 ] Sax Man > I looked over the investor list....I gave consideration to sending that list to a merc corp for "treatement"

Considering the same for him.

Not fond of threats, idle or otherwise.

Any miner who threatens a MD member would be the most idiotic EvE player of all times. Seriously, most members who dwell here make 10-100 times more than an average miner.

It would be extremely easy for these investors to hire a merc corp to make life a living hell for those people for a very very long time ;).
Previous page123Next page