These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Dynamic Distribution of Materials

Author
Veinnail
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-07-24 07:21:41 UTC
then lets go one step further.

lets say, 1 time global redistribution. evenly dispersed, throughout. Then dynamic redistribution within its own region. keeping the distribution balanced globally yet retaining the dynamicity.

so lets say, Deklein tech moon depletes, then respawns somewhere in deklein.
Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#42 - 2012-07-24 11:22:58 UTC
Veinnail wrote:

So basically you want T2 prices to increase?

Because thats all that would happen from that.
Sigras
Conglomo
#43 - 2012-07-25 01:56:38 UTC
Veinnail wrote:
then lets go one step further.

lets say, 1 time global redistribution. evenly dispersed, throughout. Then dynamic redistribution within its own region. keeping the distribution balanced globally yet retaining the dynamicity.

There are two problems with this:

1. This doesnt fix anything - you still have to scan every moon every day unless you control every moon in the entire region, and even then, after a few cycles, all of the moons will be depleting at different times and you'll have to scan every moon in the region to find where it respawned.

2. This change doesnt fit with your original goals - You originally stated that this change was to "provide opportunities for all walks of eve to fight for the money faucets" How does moving my tech moon from one side of my space to the other do this?
Maybe in low sec this makes sense, and I could actually see this working there, but in 0.0 it really doesnt make much sense, and just makes more work.
MintyRoadkill
Vulture Enterprises
Brotherhood of Spacers
#44 - 2012-07-25 02:10:02 UTC
Nothing proposed in this thread would help EVE as a game in any way at all.
Veinnail
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-07-25 06:14:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Veinnail
at the top of this page, I suggested that there be one global redistribution, balanced global spread for all materials. then after the one time global, continuing dynamic within initial regions, all relative to the regions balance of truesec.

@ Sigras, yes ideas can change with discussion.
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-07-25 07:08:44 UTC
Veinnail wrote:
@ Sigras, yes ideas can change with discussion.

But as he pointed out, you haven't fixed anything with your changed suggestion, nor have you even stuck to your original goals.

Everything you've suggested in this thread has one major effect: punishing that section of the playerbase with the ability to control money moons by forcing them into regular bouts of tedious and repetitive makework.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Veinnail
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-07-25 14:57:21 UTC
Okay, this has gone on enough. My sadist compulsions have subsided. thank you all for your time.

Twisted
Previous page123