These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Is this game for morons only?

First post
Author
Stoogie
Cadre Assault Force
#21 - 2012-07-19 11:35:46 UTC
I do wonder when he said it took ages to kill him and he was only webbed if it was npc's attacking him I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but it seems a little weird. If it was a player and your not happy with this being the option eve's not the game for you.I hope you don't leave but work out picking up your own gun and joining a corp with your own mates is the better option.
Sabrina Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-07-19 11:36:36 UTC
Roisin Corcra wrote:
Anybody please tell me, how to play this game without constantly getting harassed by idiotic players, mostly noobs, which are just wasting my time and spoiling any fun. I'm relatively new myself, just getting into the mining and building side of things, and if I want to fight anyone, I'll go into the lowsec. But while I'm not in the mood for fighting, I stay in the hisec and surely there must be a setting or something, that prohibits others to force me into a fight there (well, I usually mine there, so it's just a matter of them shooting me really, not a fight really). It's not even being blown up that's annoying or loosing a ship, it's cheap to replace, but the time wasted in getting blown up (obviously you get webbed and then it takes them 10-20 minutes to destroy a retriever, because they are inept) and wasted in replacing it is really turning me of this game (aside from the fact, that it takes months before you can fly any halfway decent ship).

So, anybody can tell me either way, is there a setting or something, where I can stop those morons? If not, is it actually the intention of this game to do this? If so, I'm out of here, I have to deal with enough morons in real life, and I couldn't be bothered to do so and call it "entertainment". There is other better games out there, some are even free. To think I was even considering getting a second account on the current special offer - uugh.


At second glance I'm not sure if you're just trolling.

10 -20 minutes to kill you in high-sec. So you have to be in a player corp that is war-dec'd and they were toying with you, or it was a weak rat and you were afk.
Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-07-19 11:38:25 UTC
Roisin Corcra wrote:
(obviously you get webbed and then it takes them 10-20 minutes to destroy a retriever, because they are inept)



Nice try.

Not like there is some sort of police-like force in High-Sec that would blow the aggressor to smithereens well within the first minute of aggresion.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#24 - 2012-07-19 11:40:45 UTC
Tomcio FromFarAway wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:

Yeah, just leave high sec, though you can expect to be ganked in the first jump or two by gate camping muppets who prey on those venturing into low sec. You people with your one line ill thought replies on this forum never cease to entertain me.


You are clueless aren't you.
I assume that you have never been outside of your theme park area.

Here's a clue - omnipresent gate camps are a myth repeated over and over by idiots, who just want to find another excuse to stay in the safety of the precious noob space ( yes all of hisec is noob space ).
There is a lot of entry points into both low and null that are NEVER camped ( you just need to make a few additional jumps - not for the lazy people ).

Null for the most part is nearly empty. Few days ago I made about 40 jumps from Fountain to Pure Blind and I only saw 4-5 people TOTAL.
Most of lowsec areas are also quite empty.

My friend used to mine in lowsec ( now moved to NPC null ) and he never lost a mining ship.


You assume wrong. I mostly stay in hi-sec now because I have had enough of pvp, but I have played the game since June '03 and have done a bit of everything. Yes, you can find ways into low sec but most areas near highly populated hi-sec space is gate camped for the most part. 'Theme park area', just love the catch phrases you drones use. As to the OP, best advice for almost any problem in EVE is finding the right corporation to do things with, including hi-sec activities, pvp roams (low and high) or whatever you want. Doing anything alone is always more dangerous.
Y'nit Gidrine
Virtues Corporation
#25 - 2012-07-19 11:41:10 UTC
Sabrina Solette wrote:
Roisin Corcra wrote:
Anybody please tell me, how to play this game without constantly getting harassed by idiotic players, mostly noobs, which are just wasting my time and spoiling any fun. I'm relatively new myself, just getting into the mining and building side of things, and if I want to fight anyone, I'll go into the lowsec. But while I'm not in the mood for fighting, I stay in the hisec and surely there must be a setting or something, that prohibits others to force me into a fight there (well, I usually mine there, so it's just a matter of them shooting me really, not a fight really). It's not even being blown up that's annoying or loosing a ship, it's cheap to replace, but the time wasted in getting blown up (obviously you get webbed and then it takes them 10-20 minutes to destroy a retriever, because they are inept) and wasted in replacing it is really turning me of this game (aside from the fact, that it takes months before you can fly any halfway decent ship).

So, anybody can tell me either way, is there a setting or something, where I can stop those morons? If not, is it actually the intention of this game to do this? If so, I'm out of here, I have to deal with enough morons in real life, and I couldn't be bothered to do so and call it "entertainment". There is other better games out there, some are even free. To think I was even considering getting a second account on the current special offer - uugh.




Safest place in high-sec is to sit in a station, great for those playing the market.

But the answer is morons can spoil your day, it's allowed. But those people think they're doing newbies a service by showing them that EvE is tough whilst they notch up their killmails.


Market PvP is some of the most dangerous PvP in the game. If you aren't careful, you can lose billions in an instant in a manipulated market, or even when you try to manipulate the markets yourself.
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2012-07-19 11:41:59 UTC
Roisin Corcra wrote:
... there must be a setting or something, that prohibits others to force me into a fight .....

A setting?

A SETTING? Shocked

This is a MMO. And a quite decent one, not WoW or something stupid where you can chose not to PvP. There are no 100% safe areas in EVE and that's how it is intended.

Since it's a MMO, it helps to team up with other players (miners, if you like) who can teach you how to protect yourself or provide protection for you.

Also, 9/10 for getting so many helpful responses.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-07-19 11:43:08 UTC
bye,bye

R.S.I2014

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-07-19 11:44:54 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Roisin Corcra wrote:
Anybody please tell me, how to play this game without constantly getting harassed by idiotic players, mostly noobs, which are just wasting my time and spoiling any fun.


Sure. Leave hi-sec.


Yeah, just leave high sec, though you can expect to be ganked in the first jump or two by gate camping muppets who prey on those venturing into low sec. You people with your one line ill thought replies on this forum never cease to entertain me.


It's posts like these that make me wish I had a button to biomass everyone.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#29 - 2012-07-19 11:45:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Bunnie Hop
Hi P Edited out as being perhaps a bit more personal of an attack than intended and not so funny.
Sabrina Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-07-19 11:47:33 UTC
Y'nit Gidrine wrote:
Sabrina Solette wrote:
Safest place in high-sec is to sit in a station, great for those playing the market.

But the answer is morons can spoil your day, it's allowed. But those people think they're doing newbies a service by showing them that EvE is tough whilst they notch up their killmails.


Market PvP is some of the most dangerous PvP in the game. If you aren't careful, you can lose billions in an instant in a manipulated market, or even when you try to manipulate the markets yourself.



Lol, well there is that. I should have said safe from combat.

Don't tell me you consider market trading as a form of combat too, well I hope you don't. Lol
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#31 - 2012-07-19 11:49:03 UTC
Roisin Corcra wrote:

[silly things]
(aside from the fact, that it takes months before you can fly any halfway decent ship).
[more silly things]


I have fun, I just wish I had more time to play. And I am having fun from the start. Still flying T1 frigates and cruisers, still having fun.

I guess I can have fun in not even halfway decent ships :)
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-07-19 11:53:18 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:

Start with yourself, it will save you time.


I'm confused at how you entertain the idea that the highly populated high-sec fringe low space is perma-camped. Elaborate again on why going into low-sec is so bad?

Also, post with your main.

Clever retort by the way, as everyone would in-fact include myself. That's a lot like someone saying "I'm going to kill myself" and responding "Kill yourself". This level of wit brings me back to my school years.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#33 - 2012-07-19 11:53:35 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:

Yes, you can find ways into low sec but most areas near highly populated hi-sec space is gate camped for the most part.


And your point is?
I said that there is usually another entry point few jumps away.
Are you saying that the problem is that you would need to make those few additional jumps?

Bunnie Hop wrote:

'Theme park area', just love the catch phrases you drones use.


Okay.
Still it doesn't change the fact that hisec is theme park area ( as far as it can be in this game ).

Bunnie Hop wrote:

As to the OP, best advice for almost any problem in EVE is finding the right corporation to do things with, including hi-sec activities, pvp roams (low and high) or whatever you want. Doing anything alone is always more dangerous.


That's at least something we can both agree on.
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-07-19 11:54:02 UTC
Serena Serene wrote:
Roisin Corcra wrote:

[silly things]
(aside from the fact, that it takes months before you can fly any halfway decent ship).
[more silly things]


I have fun, I just wish I had more time to play. And I am having fun from the start. Still flying T1 frigates and cruisers, still having fun.

I guess I can have fun in not even halfway decent ships :)


I think he/she is referring to the time it takes to train for a hulk. If that's the case this person is beyond saving...
Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-07-19 11:55:37 UTC
Playing the wrong game.

If you dont get out and PvP RIGHT NOW, you will forever be sucked into highsec and be there forever.

Like 80% of the eve population. Go and have the real fun before you turn into a massive whiny bawbag.
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#36 - 2012-07-19 12:02:39 UTC
Halete wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:

Start with yourself, it will save you time.


I'm confused at how you entertain the idea that the highly populated high-sec fringe low space is perma-camped. Elaborate again on why going into low-sec is so bad?

Also, post with your main.

Clever retort by the way, as everyone would in-fact include myself. That's a lot like someone saying "I'm going to kill myself" and responding "Kill yourself". This level of wit brings me back to my school years.


This is the character I post with, deal with it (or not, I don't care either way). Going into low is a good thing, just when its done properly and not for people to just go alone with no plan or information. Many on the forum say to go to low and leave it at that and I think its just setting people up for failure. Players should first find a corporation while in hi-sec and then go with corp-mates into low. But thats just my opinion.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-07-19 12:06:54 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Going into low is a good thing, just when its done properly and not for people to just go alone with no plan or information. Many on the forum say to go to low and leave it at that and I think its just setting people up for failure. Players should first find a corporation while in hi-sec and then go with corp-mates into low. But thats just my opinion.


I don't think your suggestions individually harmful, I think that your intentions are good, but this can be a bad mentality to get into.

'Until I find a good corp' 'until I can fly that ship' 'until I get those support skills' 'well my implants are pretty expensive now...'

Getting into that trap is more costly than blowing a whopping few million going on a frigate romp. If you think that you need to go to any lengths of planning for the sake of a few million ISK investment, you may just be a miser.

Plenty of people have gone into low-sec with no plan at a few days old and done just fine.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-07-19 12:15:55 UTC
Halete wrote:


Plenty of people have gone into low-sec with no plan at a few days old and done just fine.


I'm sure about that. What could possibly go wrong, going into low sec without a clue?
DrSmegma
Smegma United
#39 - 2012-07-19 12:19:14 UTC
Roisin Corcra wrote:
Is this game for morons only?


Yes, I'm convinced of that. But they have to go somewhere, right?

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#40 - 2012-07-19 12:20:39 UTC
To answer the OP directly:

It is not. The forums are, though.