These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

A win for the miners

Author
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#21 - 2012-07-23 01:27:14 UTC
I thought this was about miners fighting back... oh well.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#22 - 2012-07-23 17:06:08 UTC
I would venture to say that griefer tears are best tears.

I remember when my old corp was still new, and it was just me and my alt. I was hanging out in a starter system doing the tutorial missions for standings when I noticed this dude canbaiting rookies. I really frown upon that sort of behavior, so I started instructing Local about aggression mechanics and that griefing in rookie systems is illegal and they can report the person responsible.

He didn't like that very much.

The next day I had an active WarDec. I decided to have some fun with this guy. I used DecShield to afford myself 24 hour reprieves from the war, and used these periods of time to orbit his elite T2 PvP ships in my newbish Industrial ships, spamming "neener neener you can't touch me!" in Local. Before I logged off, I positioned one character in Syndicate and the other character in Great Wildlands. I let the WarDec stay active for 2 days - I only logged in and AFK'd.

The dude raged, and raged, and went on about how he was going to "add my ******* corpse to his collection". This went on for about a month and a half, and the dude finally went away.

He didn't score a single kill, but spent 50 million ISK in WarDecs during this period. Ahhh.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Previous page12