These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gate Camping (Choke Entry Points) Discourages entering LoSec/Null

Author
Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#121 - 2012-07-16 17:59:36 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Danny Diamonds wrote:
What's wrong with the idea I proposed? You afraid of being killed in a fair fight? Don't want to lose your edge of getting to shoot first?

I love it how when someone wants to kill gate campers without the loss of SEC status is now whining. Wow man, wake up. I want a fair fight with none of the meta-mechanics stopping me. Pirates should be shot dead. I want to shoot them without losing sec status. Is that so scary to you?
If they shoot first, then the gate guns will be on your side. Meaning you will not lose sec status. Seriously, try to at least know game mechanics before whining for nerfs to certain game professions.

There have been plenty of explanations in this thread, that tell you exactly how to deal with camps. The only issue I see here, is that you simply cannot be arsed to use any of them.

I am aware of this. Try and read. I want to be the one to shoot first. They don't deserve the advantage of initiating the conflict in high or low security space. A known pirate (SEC status below 0) should be kill on sight for all pilots with positive SEC rating.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#122 - 2012-07-16 18:00:43 UTC
Danny Diamonds wrote:
The previous posts are proof enough that gate campers don't actually want a fight. They just want to gank without risk. Otherwise, they would have been all for the idea of allowing people with high security rating to shoot the gankers first.

Bullies don't like fair fights; it is only fun for them when they can look tough in a tilted fight and pat each other on the butt when they kill a noob on alpha.
EVE IS NOT FAIR. News at eleven.

The fact you think camping a gate is without risk, means you know absolutely nothing.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#123 - 2012-07-16 18:05:19 UTC
Danny Diamonds wrote:
I am aware of this. Try and read. I want to be the one to shoot first. They don't deserve the advantage of initiating the conflict in high or low security space. A known pirate (SEC status below 0) should be kill on sight for all pilots with positive SEC rating.
I have read and it's quite clear you really have no clue.

If they are above -5, then they are not a pirate. We pirates have -10 and wear that status with pride. You can shoot me any time you wish.

I'll agree to your change, if I'm allowed to shoot anyone with high sec status anywhere in high sec without concord intervention. Sounds fair.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#124 - 2012-07-16 18:13:50 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:

Most of Eve vs null sec? See youve missed the whole point.

AGAIN, getting ppl into null is the point. Make the entrance way work. The 'entrance', or door ... Get it... How you enter DF

It obviously does work already, I just went through it 5 minutes ago lol. Of course I used my alt to scout, which must be cheating.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#125 - 2012-07-16 18:14:19 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Heres an idea... Get in a ship and kill the people gate camping?

HUUURRRRRDUUURRRRRRWHOWUDATHOUGHTDURRRRRR

Isn't that like telling an army recruit to fight a navy seal?

Kind of like saying "1+1 = 2, now that you know math, here's some advanced physics". There needs to be a "some what" gradual process to getting into PvP. Not "You can fly an Ibis, now venture off into null and go fight a titan"

No not really. Goonswarm continues to have incredible success sending newbies off to war on their first day in Eve Online. Remember that Shrike's Titan died because a three day old newbie listened to his blood lust and burned straight at the spot he saw a cloaking Titan. Newbies can be an incredible asset when veteran players aren't busy spitting on them.

No one is saying you need to take on these camps by yourself. That's the last thing you should be doing. Even newbies can bust up a gate camp with ease if they bring numbers and smarts to the battle. ECM and guts let your fleet punch well above its weight, you just need to stop thinking of Eve as a solo game.

What happened to Goon posts?
The last few days you guys keep pointing out how you cherish newbies, how you dislike renter alliances that treat their renters like cattle, make constructive suggestions and are generally helpful..
Where is the usual condescending "Y'all worthless pubbies"- rant?
Is this a new PR policy or have I just become so blunted over the time that I cannot find your posts offensive anymore?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#126 - 2012-07-16 18:17:51 UTC
Barakach wrote:

Devils Advocate:

What about from the perspective of a new player? You just joined the game, you don't know anyone, you're not in a useful corp, you want to go take a peek at Low-Sec to see if you're even interested into upgrading from your trial account, and POP. You jumped into low and your're dead.

Welcome to EVE. Now go make some friends using these niffty things we call "chat channels" and try again. OR run a few missions, go to a station that has a militia agent , join the militia and BAM instant friends.

Quote:

The way I see it, Low-sec players are a bunch of bullies in their own playground, mostly separate of the high-sec playground. The pick on everyone who ventures into their territory while at the same time complaining that not everyone wants to come play.

Pretty much true. The way to deal with bullies is to bully them with more people lol.

Quote:

Be bullies all you want, just stay out of our playground and we'll stay out of yours. If you want to come to our playground, then play by our rules. If you want to change our rules, then we should be free to change your rules, it's only fair.

What? Who wants to change your rules. Where are the low sec people (I'm a null sec guy myself) asking for a rules change?

The only people who are asking for a rules change are people asking for more protections in low sec, which is silly because it's already way to safe there.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#127 - 2012-07-16 18:25:20 UTC
Sabrina Solette wrote:

But anyway, that comment always makes me smile. How do people expect a large force to gather from smaller groups and individuals that don't know each other when one of the things you learn in EvE is not to trust anyone?

Are you serious? You do know there are things called "corporations" and "alliances" and "coalitions" in this game right? Where people come together for common goals.

So you're saying that there is NO WAY Hgih sec can band together, because you can't trust anyone? That's pure nonsense. You don't get a pop up that says "do you trust this guy who is also shooting at the same target you want to shoot at" lol.

You high sec people will hide behind any possible (and illogical, fallacy filled) reason to not do anything on your own behalf, it's amazing.

It's further Amazing that you high sec can group up in Mega Bling Blobs to kill incursion rats with people you don't know while flying 5 billion isk Nightmares and Bhaalgorns, but going to fight the guys suicide ganking your Hulks in high sec with 200 mil isk Maelstroms is too much of a stretch trustwise?

WTF mate?
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#128 - 2012-07-16 18:33:59 UTC
[quote=Lord Drex]Yea ppl like me can use a cloaky nullified easily. I'm talking about letting all have better access all sec space. Not just the 1 year plus players.

Get carebears access to null. Let them try it without having to signon to a null corp

Give me options!

Think newer player action[/quote

In my opinion, new players and freelance bears have no business in Null. This game is designed from the foundation to be a game where you play *with* people and in nowhere is that more a requirement then in Null. As for gate camps. They are a part of life and the mechanic is working as intended. There are many ways to work around and through them though. Working with others is one way, an alt scout is another.

I personally have no desire to adventure into null at this point in my Eve career, but if I did, I'd start talking to Corps already there to ease the transistion.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2012-07-16 18:37:26 UTC
go join the alliance doing the gatecamp
or join an alliance that will bust the gatecamp

another problem solved by treating EVE as an MMO and not a singleplayer game
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#130 - 2012-07-16 18:38:39 UTC
Yep agree with Zimmy, some insults needed around here against noobs, high sec carebears and fake pirates etc.

Yall pubbies anyway, deal wiz it or die and stfu !!

Was that good enough?

brb

Kyle Yanowski
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#131 - 2012-07-16 18:44:33 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

HUUURRRDURRR missed the context of the OP argument. New player(s) are not capable of killing a null gate camp. OP is trying to tell NULL players to pull off of the null entry gates as to not scare new blood out of nullsec at the get go.

Doing so will make null lively again, in theory.

Dumbass.

Host of the High Drag Eve Online Podcast ( http://highdrag.wordpress.com). Director of Aideron Robotics.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#132 - 2012-07-16 18:47:22 UTC
Kyle Yanowski wrote:

Making space undefendable would do the exact opposite, in practice. It's a stupid idea.

Newbies can either join a team or go it on their own.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#133 - 2012-07-16 18:48:57 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Kyle Yanowski wrote:

Making space undefendable would do the exact opposite, in practice. It's a stupid idea.

Team work in an MMO...... nevah!!!

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#134 - 2012-07-16 18:52:14 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Kyle Yanowski wrote:

Newbies should make rifter blobs !

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2012-07-16 18:54:43 UTC
Kyle Yanowski wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

HUUURRRDURRR missed the context of the OP argument. New player(s) are not capable of killing a null gate camp. OP is trying to tell NULL players to pull off of the null entry gates as to not scare new blood out of nullsec at the get go.

Dumbass.

Anyone who gets scared off of an entire segment of the game by a gatecamp, let alone a lowsec bubble-free gatecamp, is not fresh blood and wouldn't have stayed beyond losing their first ship anyway.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#136 - 2012-07-16 18:56:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Barakach wrote:

Devils Advocate:

What about from the perspective of a new player? You just joined the game, you don't know anyone, you're not in a useful corp, you want to go take a peek at Low-Sec to see if you're even interested into upgrading from your trial account, and POP. You jumped into low and your're dead.

Man this is like playing Super Marios Bros and walking Mario right off the first cliff then complaining that there should be a floor at the bottom of the cliff to make the game "more newbie friendly". Then also request that Bowser nuke any goomba that "aggros" you unfairly, and "coin-collecting without combat is a perfectly valid style of play, don't listen to the uber-1337 goomba griefers".
Meytal
Doomheim
#137 - 2012-07-16 19:00:39 UTC
In this thread, I have learned that solo players don't usually fare so well against groups of players, regardless of how well organized that group of players is or isn't. I have also learned that new players don't usually fare so well against older, more experienced players.

My mind is blown.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#138 - 2012-07-16 19:05:15 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:
As usual the oldies can't think of change.

Change, evolve, make eve better for new players to pvp

As usual the new players want it easy.

Stop whining, play the game, I don't care if new players PVP better...
Benjamin Eastwood
#139 - 2012-07-16 19:10:30 UTC
As irritating as gate campers in low seccan be, it's simply not something I care about changing. Like a bad shop, if all the customers leave it won't stay open, the same goes for a gate camped low-sec system. If your idea of pvp is popping unprepared ships, then kudos to you, you've found the most boring way to play Eve. While you're camping jump gates with little to no risk, come and complain on these forums about high-sec carebears who play the game with little to no risk. It'll make you the perfect hypocrit.

"Endless ISK, the sinews of war"

Mag's
Azn Empire
#140 - 2012-07-16 19:20:14 UTC
Benjamin Eastwood wrote:
As irritating as gate campers in low seccan be, it's simply not something I care about changing. Like a bad shop, if all the customers leave it won't stay open, the same goes for a gate camped low-sec system. If your idea of pvp is popping unprepared ships, then kudos to you, you've found the most boring way to play Eve. While you're camping jump gates with little to no risk, come and complain on these forums about high-sec carebears who play the game with little to no risk. It'll make you the perfect hypocrit.
I love these posts. Lol