These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gate Camping (Choke Entry Points) Discourages entering LoSec/Null

Author
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#101 - 2012-07-16 16:49:59 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Heres an idea... Get in a ship and kill the people gate camping?

HUUURRRRRDUUURRRRRRWHOWUDATHOUGHTDURRRRRR

Isn't that like telling an army recruit to fight a navy seal?

Kind of like saying "1+1 = 2, now that you know math, here's some advanced physics". There needs to be a "some what" gradual process to getting into PvP. Not "You can fly an Ibis, now venture off into null and go fight a titan"
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2012-07-16 16:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarsus Zateki
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Kind of like saying "1+1 = 2, now that you know math, here's some advanced physics". There needs to be a "some what" gradual process to getting into PvP. Not "You can fly an Ibis, now venture off into null and go fight a titan"

No not really. Goonswarm continues to have incredible success sending newbies off to war on their first day in Eve Online. Remember that Shrike's Titan died because a three day old newbie listened to his blood lust and burned straight at the spot he saw a cloaking Titan. Newbies can be an incredible asset when veteran players aren't busy spitting on them.

No one is saying you need to take on these camps by yourself. That's the last thing you should be doing. Even newbies can bust up a gate camp with ease if they bring numbers and smarts to the battle. ECM and guts let your fleet punch well above its weight, you just need to stop thinking of Eve as a solo game.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#103 - 2012-07-16 16:57:59 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Danny Diamonds wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
I like how the high sec dweller falls into the usual selfish, self-centered stereotype. Eve is a sandbox, if you don't like players doing something... stop them. Why are you folks always incapable of helping yourselves? You always run to CCP, begging them to nerf something, instead of taking care of the problem on your own.

You don't want gates camped? Stop thinking only about yourself for once, stop thinking about Eve as a solo venture for once, make some friends and go blow the campers up. It really isn't hard: something fast to scout the camp, something tanked to hell to bait them, a black bird tailored for their ships and some dps. Boom, boom, boom, dead pirates. They're just as cowardly as you are; they'll be too busy trying to flee to fight back effectively.

OK, on that line of thought then I would simply ask for KILL RIGHTS on anyone who has gate camped in the past 24 hours. ANYONE. Also, I want KILL RIGHTS on anyone with security rating more than 4 points below my own (and negative). EVERYWHERE.

Fair? You see, not all of us want our security rating to go to ****. Some of us actually want certain characters of ours to be on the good guy side of the game...

You don't get security rating hits for blowing up people in 0.0 space. And the vast majority of lowsec campers you're whining about are already -5.0 or lower anyway, so you don't get a security rating hit for blowing them up either. Any other excuses for not taking care of these guys yourself?

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. You are making **** up just like the last troll.

No, most gate campers in my area are not -5.0 or lower. Wrong. Most are specifically trained up alts in frigs supported by one or more dedicated pirates. I have been through countless HI-LOW gates in blockade runners (among other ships) and reviewed all intel on the clowns available (killboards, corp, alliance, etc). Most are between 0 and -5.

What's wrong with the idea I proposed? You afraid of being killed in a fair fight? Don't want to lose your edge of getting to shoot first?

I love it how when someone wants to kill gate campers without the loss of SEC status is now whining. Wow man, wake up. I want a fair fight with none of the meta-mechanics stopping me. Pirates should be shot dead. I want to shoot them without losing sec status. Is that so scary to you?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#104 - 2012-07-16 17:00:20 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
I like how the high sec dweller falls into the usual selfish, self-centered stereotype. Eve is a sandbox, if you don't like players doing something... stop them. Why are you folks always incapable of helping yourselves? You always run to CCP, begging them to nerf something, instead of taking care of the problem on your own.

You don't want gates camped? Stop thinking only about yourself for once, stop thinking about Eve as a solo venture for once, make some friends and go blow the campers up. It really isn't hard: something fast to scout the camp, something tanked to hell to bait them, a black bird tailored for their ships and some dps. Boom, boom, boom, dead pirates. They're just as cowardly as you are; they'll be too busy trying to flee to fight back effectively.

SO MUCH THIS lol.

I think you've pointed out the basic psychological difference between your average high sec living forum poster and the rest of us. High Sec coddles players, if someone is "mean" to them, the game will make them lose their ship unless the aggressors pay hard earned isk for a still easily avoidable war dec. Entitlement breeds entitlement.

Our 1st inclination is to do something against someone doing something to me, because I understand that CCP (by making eve) provides me with a background in which to play, but does NOT insure positive outcomes.

Their 1st inclination is to cry foul to the game makers because the outcome was bad, as if CCP somehow promised them a good outcome.

If the High Sec crowd were like "us",Hulkageddon wouldn't be an issue because they would have banded together as an anti-Goon crusade and would have conquered Deklien by now lol.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2012-07-16 17:01:42 UTC
Frigates are not camping lowsec gates. You're beginning to get hysterical in your quest to prove you're somehow a victim. Everything you're complaining about is something you have the power to fix. You just need to stop being a victim and start shooting back, your security rating is irrelevant and easily corrected anyhow.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#106 - 2012-07-16 17:01:49 UTC
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Nope, it's like telling that army recruit to "go get your entire PLATOON to fight that navy Seal".

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#107 - 2012-07-16 17:03:59 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

... they would have banded together as an anti-Goon crusade and would have conquered Deklien by now lol.

This is the pipiest of pipe dreams. We can hope one day they'll try it. But that would require organization and the high-sec dweller plays Eve-Online as though it were a single player game with pretty good AI ships flying around and whines to CCP when they don't get their way.

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#108 - 2012-07-16 17:05:27 UTC
Came to read a troll post, was shocked to see it was serious.....Shocked

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Sabrina Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2012-07-16 17:06:54 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

... they would have banded together as an anti-Goon crusade and would have conquered Deklien by now lol.

This is the pipiest of pipe dreams. We can hope one day they'll try it. But that would require organization and the high-sec dweller plays Eve-Online as though it were a single player game with pretty good AI ships flying around and whines to CCP when they don't get their way.

Can't see that ever happening, you've become too big, when you add TEST, FA and whoever else bands with you these days.
Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#110 - 2012-07-16 17:08:08 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Frigates are not camping lowsec gates. You're beginning to get hysterical in your quest to prove you're somehow a victim. Everything you're complaining about is something you have the power to fix. You just need to stop being a victim and start shooting back, your security rating is irrelevant and easily corrected anyhow.

Dodging the question, like most of the older posters I see. Must be a gate camper. Wouldn't want to get shot first.

My security rating isn't for you to decide how important it is. I should start shooting back? Oh, after the gate camper shoots first?

How strange an advantage... even a player from a seasoned alliance in SOV can't see past their own little world.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2012-07-16 17:09:13 UTC
Sabrina Solette wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Can't see that ever happening, you've become too big, when you add TEST, FA and whoever else bands with you these days.

That and the utter inability of the average high-sec dweller to think past their own wallets.

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#112 - 2012-07-16 17:10:17 UTC
Danny Diamonds wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:

Dodging the question, like most of the older posters I see. Must be a gate camper. Wouldn't want to get shot first.

My security rating isn't for you to decide how important it is. I should start shooting back? Oh, after the gate camper shoots first?

How strange an advantage... even a player from a seasoned alliance in SOV can't see past their own little world.

Three posts repeating the same hysterical crap. Try to vary your fake posting a little its getting stale.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#113 - 2012-07-16 17:23:53 UTC
Learn to cloak/MWD?

It's really not that hard.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#114 - 2012-07-16 17:30:37 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Nope, it's like telling that army recruit to "go get your entire PLATOON to fight that navy Seal".

Devils Advocate:

What about from the perspective of a new player? You just joined the game, you don't know anyone, you're not in a useful corp, you want to go take a peek at Low-Sec to see if you're even interested into upgrading from your trial account, and POP. You jumped into low and your're dead.

The way I see it, Low-sec players are a bunch of bullies in their own playground, mostly separate of the high-sec playground. The pick on everyone who ventures into their territory while at the same time complaining that not everyone wants to come play.

Be bullies all you want, just stay out of our playground and we'll stay out of yours. If you want to come to our playground, then play by our rules. If you want to change our rules, then we should be free to change your rules, it's only fair.
Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#115 - 2012-07-16 17:35:04 UTC
Barakach wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Devils Advocate:

What about from the perspective of a new player? You just joined the game, you don't know anyone, you're not in a useful corp, you want to go take a peek at Low-Sec to see if you're even interested into upgrading from your trial account, and POP. You jumped into low and your're dead.

The way I see it, Low-sec players are a bunch of bullies in their own playground, mostly separate of the high-sec playground. The pick on everyone who ventures into their territory while at the same time complaining that not everyone wants to come play.

Be bullies all you want, just stay out of our playground and we'll stay out of yours. If you want to come to our playground, then play by our rules. If you want to change our rules, then we should be free to change your rules, it's only fair.

The previous posts are proof enough that gate campers don't actually want a fight. They just want to gank without risk. Otherwise, they would have been all for the idea of allowing people with high security rating to shoot the gankers first.

Bullies don't like fair fights; it is only fun for them when they can look tough in a tilted fight and pat each other on the butt when they kill a noob on alpha.
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2012-07-16 17:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Aruken Marr
Barakach wrote:

So what youre saying is your motivation, if any, to change lowsec mechanics is out of spite rather than a desire actually improve the game?

Danny Diamonds wrote:

The previous posts are proof enough that gate campers don't actually want a fight. They just want to gank without risk. Otherwise, they would have been all for the idea of allowing people with high security rating to shoot the gankers first.

Bullies don't like fair fights; it is only fun for them when they can look tough in a tilted fight and pat each other on the butt when they kill a noob on alpha.

They should get rid of gate guns in losec. That way the only thing holding you back from shooting first is a minor sec hit.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#117 - 2012-07-16 17:37:47 UTC
Barakach wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Yeah, so?
If the Recruit gets infinte lives, eventually he's going to be going toe-to-toe with said SEAL and giving as good as he gets.
That's the beauty of internet spacey-ships: You get to try again.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#118 - 2012-07-16 17:38:28 UTC

SO MUCH THIS lol.

I think you've pointed out the basic psychological difference between your average high sec living forum poster and the rest of us. High Sec coddles players, if someone is "mean" to them, the game will make them lose their ship unless the aggressors pay hard earned isk for a still easily avoidable war dec. Entitlement breeds entitlement.

Our 1st inclination is to do something against someone doing something to me, because I understand that CCP (by making eve) provides me with a background in which to play, but does NOT insure positive outcomes.

Their 1st inclination is to cry foul to the game makers because the outcome was bad, as if CCP somehow promised them a good outcome.

If the High Sec crowd were like "us",Hulkageddon wouldn't be an issue because they would have banded together as an anti-Goon crusade and would have conquered Deklien by now lol.
[/quote]

Most of Eve vs null sec? See youve missed the whole point.

AGAIN, getting ppl into null is the point. Make the entrance way work. The 'entrance', or door ... Get it... How you enter DF
Mag's
Azn Empire
#119 - 2012-07-16 17:56:48 UTC
Danny Diamonds wrote:
What's wrong with the idea I proposed? You afraid of being killed in a fair fight? Don't want to lose your edge of getting to shoot first?

I love it how when someone wants to kill gate campers without the loss of SEC status is now whining. Wow man, wake up. I want a fair fight with none of the meta-mechanics stopping me. Pirates should be shot dead. I want to shoot them without losing sec status. Is that so scary to you?
If they shoot first, then the gate guns will be on your side. Meaning you will not lose sec status. Seriously, try to at least know game mechanics before whining for nerfs to certain game professions.

There have been plenty of explanations in this thread, that tell you exactly how to deal with camps. The only issue I see here, is that you simply cannot be arsed to use any of them.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Sabrina Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2012-07-16 17:57:56 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:

[/quote]

Not sure if that is you quoting someone or not as you only have the end quote in place.

But anyway, that comment always makes me smile. How do people expect a large force to gather from smaller groups and individuals that don't know each other when one of the things you learn in EvE is not to trust anyone?