These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Gate Camping (Choke Entry Points) Discourages entering LoSec/Null

Author
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#1 - 2012-07-16 12:31:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Drex
Gatecamping is heavily in favor of those that live in the lower sec areas. Choke points kill high sec ppl adventuring into low/ null.
Everyone looses except the laziest players that sit and watch all day.

CCP wants to mix it up, get carebears into low and null.. It's just good for the eve game overall. Yeah yeah I know oldies are hard to change. The iron age was great for me too. Cool

Do you want new blood in the game?
Fix it and low/null will be busy!

Many ideas
- damage dampening effect around sec changing gates?
- dampening lock time effect?
- alternate pay gates?
- npc jump services?
- jump into gate at > 100km?

OR

Gate alerts, fair warning on how many ships are on the other side Twisted

Pvp is a skill that we learn to be good at and should be proud of our kills!
Gate campers are just gang gankers, sadly no skills required.

CCP, Give us easier options to mix it up!!!

STALE Oldies need not reply. What?
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#2 - 2012-07-16 12:34:37 UTC
Heres an idea... Get in a ship and kill the people gate camping?


HUUURRRRRDUUURRRRRRWHOWUDATHOUGHTDURRRRRR
Andoria Thara
Fallen Avatars
#3 - 2012-07-16 12:34:50 UTC
Use a cloaky nullifier fit?
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
#4 - 2012-07-16 12:37:06 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:
Gatecamping is heavily in favor of those that live in the lower sec areas. Choke points kill high sec ppl adventuring into low/ null.
Everyone looses except the laziest players that sit and watch all day.

Pvp skills are about PvP, gate camp are gankers, no skills required just like carebears.

Fix it and low/null will be busy!

Many ideas
- damage dampening effect around sec changing gates?
- dampening lock time effect?
- alternate pay gates?
- npc jump services?
- jump into gate at > 100km?

Pvp is a skill that we learn to be good at and should be proud of our kills!
Gate campers are just gang gankers, sadly no skills required.

AND

Add high sec pirate gates into dead space? Give high sec some pvp easy to access areas?

Give us easier options to mix it up!!!


I think I understand where you're coming from, but in reality, most gate-camps are there to protect assets in, or further in to the system. There's no changes required.

Depending on what Corporation or Alliance you are in, one would assume access to Intel channels which you check for gate status before jumping to, or through.

Really, there are no changes required to gates as they currently are.

Pvp is there, whether there are gatecamps or not.


Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-07-16 12:37:47 UTC
Yes, Eve is cruel.

PvP is not necessarily skill. PvP is blowing up other ships, no matter which way. Or are you talking about "eHonor"? Plz tell me that you don't. If so: No cookie for you.

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#6 - 2012-07-16 12:37:52 UTC
you can move in lowsec pretty safely in small ships/cloakys. Shuttles are nearly impossible to catch for an average lowsec gatecamper. Ofc you shouldnt roam with your CNR in losec.
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#7 - 2012-07-16 12:41:20 UTC
Yea ppl like me can use a cloaky nullified easily. I'm talking about letting all have better access all sec space. Not just the 1 year plus players.

Get carebears access to null. Let them try it without having to signon to a null corp

Give me options!

Think newer player action
Dave stark
#8 - 2012-07-16 12:42:30 UTC
don't like gatecamps, wants to go to null.

i have some bad news for you...
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-07-16 12:44:27 UTC
Why do people always QQ about gate camp? you have a f10 option you can use or a jump clone or you can make a sec char without skills and go trou that gate and see if there is a camp lol. There are so many options that will help you even i remeber correct there are some warning chats also. Use your brain people. Gate camp is the less problem in zero sec the scary shoot everything people thats the problems in low sec.
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#10 - 2012-07-16 12:44:33 UTC
Rordan D'Kherr wrote:
Yes, Eve is cruel.

PvP is not necessarily skill. PvP is blowing up other ships, no matter which way. Or are you talking about "eHonor"? Plz tell me that you don't. If so: No cookie for you.


I say let them look around then pod them. Options for all, not lazy camping over a beer.
Andoria Thara
Fallen Avatars
#11 - 2012-07-16 12:46:02 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:
Yea ppl like me can use a cloaky nullified easily. I'm talking about letting all have better access all sec space. Not just the 1 year plus players.

Get carebears access to null. Let them try it without having to signon to a null corp

Give me options!

Think newer player action


There are plenty of entrances to nullspace that don't have gatecamps, maybe try a different gate, in a different region.

If all else fails, scan down a WH, then scan down some exits from inside the WH. 90% of the time there's at least 1 exit to null.
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#12 - 2012-07-16 12:47:45 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Why do people always QQ about gate camp? you have a f10 option you can use or a jump clone or you can make a sec char without skills and go trou that gate and see if there is a camp lol. There are so many options that will help you even i remeber correct there are some warning chats also. Use your brain people. Gate camp is the less problem in zero sec the scary shoot everything people thats the problems in low sec.


Spoken by an old character that missed the point. This is about getting interaction. As usual the oldies can't think of change.

Change, evolve, make eve better for new players to pvp
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#13 - 2012-07-16 12:47:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Dave stark wrote:
don't like gatecamps, wants to go to null.

i have some bad news for you...



This is the news:

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/082011/e31cd767-d151-4f94-83ad-2616344c19f6.jpg


Get used to it. Get some friends together. Disrupt the gate campers.


On a more hilarious note, googling "Eve is Hard" brings up pron in the images... A funnier note is im on my work computer when they all popped up!

You want interaction? then interact with other people and go kill the gate campers.

basicly what your saying is you dont want to adapt, so you think the game should adapt for you... what kind of fool are you?
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2012-07-16 12:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Lord Drex wrote:
Gatecamping is heavily in favor of those that live in the lower sec areas. Choke points kill high sec ppl adventuring into low/ null.
Everyone looses except the laziest players that sit and watch all day.

Pvp skills are about PvP, gate camp are gankers, no skills required just like carebears.

Fix it and low/null will be busy!

Many ideas
- damage dampening effect around sec changing gates?
- dampening lock time effect?
- alternate pay gates?
- npc jump services?
- jump into gate at > 100km?

Pvp is a skill that we learn to be good at and should be proud of our kills!
Gate campers are just gang gankers, sadly no skills required.

AND

Add high sec pirate gates into dead space? Give high sec some pvp easy to access areas?

Give us easier options to mix it up!!!


I usually think people are over-reacting when they say people want ccp to dumb down the game, then I see posts like this. There is nothing wrong with the current gate/choke point mechanics.

Simply put, an EVE player who can't figure out how to avoid dying to a gate camp solo or can't make enough actual human friends to get past it or crush it does not belong in low/null to begin with.

Among other things, EVE is a game of "problem solving", if your idea of "problem solving" is "ask ccp to write moar code so I don't have to solve this problem" you are doing it wrong.
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#15 - 2012-07-16 12:51:03 UTC
*** I get it, null is for oldies

Sadly eve is funded by oldies and new blood is slow to come in. How long has it been since I've talked to a new player and not a new alt or character?

Fresh meat is fun haha
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#16 - 2012-07-16 12:52:19 UTC
Everytime i hear the expression "gate camping" and "low-sec" together i giggle a little.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#17 - 2012-07-16 12:53:44 UTC
Lord Drex wrote:
Yea ppl like me can use a cloaky nullified easily. I'm talking about letting all have better access all sec space. Not just the 1 year plus players.

Get carebears access to null. Let them try it without having to signon to a null corp

Give me options!

Think newer player action


Everyone has access to null. Just don't expect to survive for very long if you don't have friends.
Lord Drex
Nada Logi
#18 - 2012-07-16 12:55:22 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
don't like gatecamps, wants to go to null.

i have some bad news for you...


Read again, choke points from high to low or null

Protecting territory inside is different
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-07-16 12:56:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Johan Civire
Lord Drex wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:
Why do people always QQ about gate camp? you have a f10 option you can use or a jump clone or you can make a sec char without skills and go trou that gate and see if there is a camp lol. There are so many options that will help you even i remeber correct there are some warning chats also. Use your brain people. Gate camp is the less problem in zero sec the scary shoot everything people thats the problems in low sec.


Spoken by an old character that missed the point. This is about getting interaction. As usual the oldies can't think of change.

Change, evolve, make eve better for new players to pvp


nah i dont miss the point you got ownd perhaps by gatecampers. The gate camps fits easy for noobs. people that are fresh in the game the getting a shower that eve is dangers and you need to be aware of this. Gate campers is like a wake up call. Dont change what is not broken.
Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
#20 - 2012-07-16 12:56:30 UTC
I spend 80% of my time in low sec. I've lost only 3 ships and never been podded. Given my current skills, I cannot go toe-to-toe with a full gate camp. Yet I am able to live and operate in low sec with minimal losses and choose to continue flying there even with the danger of camps.

Do your research, learn who the locals are and when and where camps tend to be setup. Adjust your routes accordingly.

While it is true that some systems (I'm looking at you Amamakae) tend to be perma-camped (or nearly so) other systems I've flow through hundreds of time without hitting a single camp. Given the low population of Low sec, there are many more low sec gates than there are pirates willing and able to camp them.

My signature sums up the mindset you need to have to survive in low sec...if you can't or don't want to use brute force to deal with gate camps.

In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse.

123Next pageLast page