These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Evefit project: pyfa 1.1.14 (Odyssey 1.0)

Author
Jokus Balim
Miner At Heart
#401 - 2013-06-07 11:22:41 UTC
Shamis Orzoz wrote:
Adrestia dmg bonus is not being applied.


Snob Blink
Melgrin LeNain
Dwarven Pulsar Incorporation
#402 - 2013-06-08 09:43:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Melgrin LeNain
Hello pyfa Developpers and thanks for the hard work.


I'd like to signal an issue I'm having.

I downloaded Pyfa for Odissey 1.1.14 and unzipped it.

Yesterday it worked flawlessly. I could use it, create damage profiles and fits.

Today, after just a shutdown for the night, I can't start Pyfa.

Quote:
Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: pyfa.exe
Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0
Horodatage de l’application: 49180193
Nom du module par défaut: sqlalchemy.cresultproxy.pyd
Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0
Horodateur du module par défaut: 4e9b307d
Code de l’exception: c0000005
Décalage de l’exception: 000012aa
Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789


I tried redowloading, deleting directory and re-unzip. I also tried to delete c:\users\MY_USER\.pyfa .... Nothing works.

Any idea ? Thanks a lot ^^


EDIT : Forget it. I rebooted once more and it works fine.
chris1945
Ambivalence Co-operative
#403 - 2013-06-08 20:56:20 UTC
If I import a fit from eve to pyfa and there is ammo/scripts in the cargo of the ship, it does not work. It just shows nothing. I have to remove the cargo stuff with a text editor first.

Can you fix this bug?
Marty MacGyver
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#404 - 2013-06-11 10:18:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Marty MacGyver
First, thanks and kudos to the creators, maintainers and contributors who made Pyfa the handy tool it is!

As I work with the Pyfa code, I wonder: how does one properly collaborate on and contribute to this project? The "Contribute" page is... sparse. Is this project officially mirrored on GitHub or Bitbucket where people can fork, collaborate, make enhancements / fixes and create pull requests to submit code the usual way? I do see unofficial forks on Github, but no indication they are feeding back to the main project at all.

In my spare time I've started dabbling with adding the capability to export the skills one needs to train for a given fit (which should overlap issue PYFA-12, though probably by way of EVEMon's XML import option rather than direct .emp support).

So far I can save the same data used to create the skills tooltip (similar to what's in CharacterSelection.fitChanged()) to a text file, which is pretty handy right there. It should be a rather short step to getting the proper XML output (I think I only need the skill IDs at this point - the rest is boilerplate) that would be EVEMon-friendly.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#405 - 2013-06-11 10:20:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakari Orisi
Marty MacGyver wrote:
First, thanks and kudos to the creators, maintainers and contributors who made Pyfa the handy tool it is!

As I work with the Pyfa code, I wonder: how does one properly collaborate on and contribute to this project? The "Contribute" page is... sparse. Is this project officially mirrored on GitHub or Bitbucket where people can fork, collaborate, make enhancements / fixes and create pull requests to submit code the usual way? I do see unofficial forks on Github, but no indication they are feeding back to the main project at all.

In my spare time I've started dabbling with adding the capability to export the skills one needs to train for a given fit (which should overlap issue PYFA-12, though probably by way of EVEMon's XML import option rather than direct .emp support).

So far I can save the same data used to create the skills tooltip (as in CharacterSelection.fitChanged()) to a text file, which is pretty handy right there. It should be a rather short step to getting the proper XML output (I think I only need the skill IDs at this point - the rest is boilerplate) that would be EVEMon-friendly.



We are, in fact, currently in the process of starting to use github as main repository. Should be done sometime this week or the next I'm thinking.
By all means, please fork on github and issue a pull request once you're finished
Marty MacGyver
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#406 - 2013-06-11 10:41:51 UTC
Sakari Orisi wrote:
We are, in fact, currently in the process of starting to use github as main repository. Should be done sometime this week or the next I'm thinking.
By all means, please fork on github and issue a pull request once you're finished

I guess I picked the right week to dabble with Pyfa! Cool I look forward to seeing the github repo.

One thing that's not clear to me is how the installable packages of this get built. Clearly they are self-contained, and I wonder how that's done and with what versions of the various components? (Using the same process and versions of compilers and libraries would make bug replication and bugfix/enhancement testing far more repeatable).

I'm not looking for that answer here necessarily - it's the sort of thing that would go with the rest of the stuff on github (in the README.md, in makefiles, etc.) Just noting that it'll be quite handy for contributors.

Thank you again!
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#407 - 2013-06-11 11:05:26 UTC
Marty MacGyver wrote:
Sakari Orisi wrote:
We are, in fact, currently in the process of starting to use github as main repository. Should be done sometime this week or the next I'm thinking.
By all means, please fork on github and issue a pull request once you're finished

I guess I picked the right week to dabble with Pyfa! Cool I look forward to seeing the github repo.

One thing that's not clear to me is how the installable packages of this get built. Clearly they are self-contained, and I wonder how that's done and with what versions of the various components? (Using the same process and versions of compilers and libraries would make bug replication and bugfix/enhancement testing far more repeatable).

I'm not looking for that answer here necessarily - it's the sort of thing that would go with the rest of the stuff on github (in the README.md, in makefiles, etc.) Just noting that it'll be quite handy for contributors.

Thank you again!


There's a bunch of "skeletons".
We basically just grab the pyfa source and have a script dump it into the right place inside the skeleton and everything works.
The skeleton contains all the components that are needed to startup pyfa except the source code itself.
Marty MacGyver
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#408 - 2013-06-11 11:20:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Marty MacGyver
Sakari Orisi wrote:
There's a bunch of "skeletons".
We basically just grab the pyfa source and have a script dump it into the right place inside the skeleton and everything works.
The skeleton contains all the components that are needed to startup pyfa except the source code itself.

It's not often I find a project that showcases the use of Python in a GUI context, so it'd be interesting to me to delve into that a little more at some point... I'd be very keen to see those skeletons and attempt to understand what they are comprised of (and perhaps update them as well - I'm running with more recent versions of the components already).

It'd also be useful to others wanting to learn how to do such things with Python, to see how this sort of project works from end-to-end and learn from it.


Edit: I found some code that looks particularly shiny on github just now... I suspect you're well-ahead of me on the skeleton question above. The "what are the commands to knit it all together?" part remains to be seen, but now I know what the framework looks like. Cool

Also, "how were the skeletons created in the first place?" is a good question... clearly they're all compiled but I'm not quite sure how.
Desmont McCallock
#409 - 2013-06-11 17:59:36 UTC
Sakari Orisi wrote:
Marty MacGyver wrote:
First, thanks and kudos to the creators, maintainers and contributors who made Pyfa the handy tool it is!

As I work with the Pyfa code, I wonder: how does one properly collaborate on and contribute to this project? The "Contribute" page is... sparse. Is this project officially mirrored on GitHub or Bitbucket where people can fork, collaborate, make enhancements / fixes and create pull requests to submit code the usual way? I do see unofficial forks on Github, but no indication they are feeding back to the main project at all.

In my spare time I've started dabbling with adding the capability to export the skills one needs to train for a given fit (which should overlap issue PYFA-12, though probably by way of EVEMon's XML import option rather than direct .emp support).

So far I can save the same data used to create the skills tooltip (as in CharacterSelection.fitChanged()) to a text file, which is pretty handy right there. It should be a rather short step to getting the proper XML output (I think I only need the skill IDs at this point - the rest is boilerplate) that would be EVEMon-friendly.



We are, in fact, currently in the process of starting to use github as main repository. Should be done sometime this week or the next I'm thinking.
By all means, please fork on github and issue a pull request once you're finished

EVEMon's .emp file is nothing more than a gzipped xml file. So as long as you can create that xml file the rest is cake.
Marty MacGyver
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#410 - 2013-06-11 20:24:48 UTC
Desmont McCallock wrote:
EVEMon's .emp file is nothing more than a gzipped xml file. So as long as you can create that xml file the rest is cake.

LOL, thanks! I opened it in my editor, took one look at the binary data and thought, "NOPE!" I didn't know gzip's magic number offhand... didn't expect it'd be something that simple.

I wonder how the "owner" string is generated? It seems to be optional but still. I also wonder how the version number is parsed (how does it determine if an import is too out-of-date?) I will browse the code as time permits.
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#411 - 2013-06-12 07:43:36 UTC
Shamis Orzoz wrote:
Adrestia dmg bonus is not being applied.
Lies. If you think dps output is wrong, post exact fitting and i'll check it.

chris1945 wrote:
If I import a fit from eve to pyfa and there is ammo/scripts in the cargo of the ship, it does not work. It just shows nothing. I have to remove the cargo stuff with a text editor first.

Can you fix this bug?
Please post text/file you're trying to import.


Scan deviation/probe strength fixed.
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#412 - 2013-06-12 20:37:11 UTC
chris1945 wrote:
If I import a fit from eve to pyfa and there is ammo/scripts in the cargo of the ship, it does not work. It just shows nothing. I have to remove the cargo stuff with a text editor first.

Can you fix this bug?
Fixed.


Also, mods - please close this thread in favor of new one.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#413 - 2013-06-12 21:32:11 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
chris1945 wrote:
If I import a fit from eve to pyfa and there is ammo/scripts in the cargo of the ship, it does not work. It just shows nothing. I have to remove the cargo stuff with a text editor first.

Can you fix this bug?
Fixed.


Also, mods - please close this thread in favor of new one.


I confirm the request for closing this thread, cheers mods :)
Camper101
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#414 - 2013-06-13 10:31:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Camper101
nvm derp

2013.03.01 13:30:58 notify For participating in the General Discussion Forum Section your trustworthiness has been adjusted by -2.5000.

My name is Hans. The "L" stands for danger.

Wyack
Konsortium
#415 - 2013-06-21 07:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyack
chris1945 wrote:
If I import a fit from eve to pyfa and there is ammo/scripts in the cargo of the ship, it does not work. It just shows nothing. I have to remove the cargo stuff with a text editor first.

Can you fix this bug?


Same here.

Thanks Chris1945 for the tip !

Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Fixed.


1.1.15 do it fine, thank you Pyfa team ;-)
Desmont McCallock
#416 - 2013-06-24 15:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
Marty MacGyver wrote:
Desmont McCallock wrote:
EVEMon's .emp file is nothing more than a gzipped xml file. So as long as you can create that xml file the rest is cake.

LOL, thanks! I opened it in my editor, took one look at the binary data and thought, "NOPE!" I didn't know gzip's magic number offhand... didn't expect it'd be something that simple.

I wonder how the "owner" string is generated? It seems to be optional but still. I also wonder how the version number is parsed (how does it determine if an import is too out-of-date?) I will browse the code as time permits.

Owner is a GUID when the character is added in EVEMon. That GUID is linked from the Characters sections. Don't know if you actually need that info.

Settings file versioning was introduced with version 1.3.0 (which should had bee 2.0.0 but what the heck). If the version number is 0 then it's pre-1.3.0 version (which is not supported anymore). So you can parse the EVEMon version from the EVEMon portal main page (you could cache that once a day) and add that as the version number when you generate the plan file.
Valencia Mariana
Perkone
#417 - 2013-07-21 10:14:04 UTC