These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Evefit project: pyfa 1.1.14 (Odyssey 1.0)

Author
Felicia McVanders
xTESLAx
#181 - 2012-12-04 13:46:17 UTC
noob question:

how do i use the bz2 file to update my PYFA?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#182 - 2012-12-04 14:00:20 UTC
Adriel Malakai wrote:
Xenoglossicist wrote:
Naomi Knight wrote:
Maybe it is only me ,but on market tab -> drones->combat drones sub tree missing , i can only reach drones from type drone name to search.

I'm having this same problem, and additionally can't see the Afterburner subtree under Propulsion Modules. I tried a clean install, re-extracting using either IZArc or 7zip, no luck. Can still fit ships by searching for the module names, but right-click->show market group is broken on the applicable modules.

I'm having the same issue, but unlike Naomi, I don't have any older versions installed.

Seeing the same here, on OSX. The new version completely replaces the old one, and I've tried removing the old settings, but it makes no difference.
Mortis Betruger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#183 - 2012-12-04 14:05:12 UTC
I have unzipped Pyfa now what ? How do I open the fitting window. Im a long time user of Pyfa and this is the first time I have had trouble downloading it. Thank you for the best ship fitting program.
Perihelion Olenard
#184 - 2012-12-04 14:57:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
Combat drones and afterburners missing from market list in the retribution version 1.0, but can be searched for.

Also, Armor Resistance Phasing does not have any effect on the reactive armor hardener.
Tsai Ashitaka
Caidin Global Academy
#185 - 2012-12-04 20:40:01 UTC
Ship missile velocity bonuses do not seem to be applying to Heavy Assault Missiles in 1.1.11

HAM Tengu in pyfa - 20.2 km, the same as on an unbonused ship (like HAM legion)

Ingame - HAM Tengu - almost 30km.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#186 - 2012-12-04 20:55:42 UTC
Tsai Ashitaka wrote:
Ship missile velocity bonuses do not seem to be applying to Heavy Assault Missiles in 1.1.11

HAM Tengu in pyfa - 20.2 km, the same as on an unbonused ship (like HAM legion)

Ingame - HAM Tengu - almost 30km.

Fixed this, I'll release it along with other fixes I need to make this weekend (checking whats wrong with market groups is planned, too)
Waveshifter
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2012-12-04 21:18:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Waveshifter
"Ancillary Current Router" rigs does not add PG to ships. Also PG related skills does not apply.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#188 - 2012-12-04 21:19:32 UTC
Waveshifter wrote:
"Small Ancillary Current Router I" rigs does not add PG to ships. Also PG related skills does not apply.

Works for me on a venture, what ship did you test this with ? (Both Engineering and ancillaries worked)
Waveshifter
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2012-12-04 21:37:47 UTC
I tried it on the new dessies, crucifier and arbitrator.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#190 - 2012-12-04 21:54:54 UTC
Waveshifter wrote:
I tried it on the new dessies, crucifier and arbitrator.

Works for me, tried a few. Can you hop on IRC so we can check in detail ?
Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#191 - 2012-12-04 22:17:16 UTC
Very nice! Can you still use overrides? And how would you do that? :)

Thanks

o/

Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#192 - 2012-12-04 22:46:44 UTC
kilyun wrote:
HI THERE

trying to install PYFA on my MAC for the first time but when running the application it says

‘Unable to expand “pyfa-1.1.10-inferno-1.2-mac.tar.bz2” into Applications. (Error 2 - No Such File or Directory)

Any Ideas….

thanks in advance for the help

p.s. trying to download from Afghanistan… how big is the file for this as I tried downloading a new version just in case and the file size was different to my first try… the download manager doesn't give me a file size.

I fixed the issue where the server was not reporting correct filesizes. This was due to a faulty varnish config.

Souisa wrote:
Very nice! Can you still use overrides? And how would you do that? :)

Thanks

Overrides have not existed for .. Several years now, they got ditched when we moved from the gtk to the wxwidgets interface.
Might reintroduce em at some point, but don't keep your hopes up.
Janeos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#193 - 2012-12-05 02:28:28 UTC
My computer doesn't know what to do with the bz2 file. Is there some third party app needed for this version that wasn't for the previous?
Agent Xena
Doomheim
#194 - 2012-12-05 03:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Agent Xena
Not sure what you guys did in PYFA but HAM damage has decreased drastically. Fix it please.

Edit: Correction, from what I can tell, it seems to be only effecting the Legion with assault subsystem. Huge DPS difference.
WInter Borne
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#195 - 2012-12-05 05:19:06 UTC
I cant view any prop mods. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#196 - 2012-12-05 07:06:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakari Orisi
Agent Xena wrote:
Not sure what you guys did in PYFA but HAM damage has decreased drastically. Fix it please.

Edit: Correction, from what I can tell, it seems to be only effecting the Legion with assault subsystem. Huge DPS difference.

Already fixed, will release it along with other fixes as soon as I'm confident all the big holes have been plugged (shouldn't take much longer, I think)

WInter Borne wrote:
I cant view any prop mods. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'll be looking into why they don't appear in the market asap. Meanwhile, you can search for them.
Alayna Le'line
#197 - 2012-12-05 13:37:17 UTC
FYI the release 1.1.11 version doesn't run on my Linux box (extracted from the src tarball as usual):
Quote:
% ./pyfa.py
: No such file or directory

A fresh git checkout works though (as did the previous version, for that matter).
Kaikka Carel
Ziea
#198 - 2012-12-05 13:59:28 UTC
Don't have the Afterburner category and Combat drones category dissappears periodically.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#199 - 2012-12-05 14:53:37 UTC
Alayna Le'line wrote:
FYI the release 1.1.11 version doesn't run on my Linux box (extracted from the src tarball as usual):
Quote:
% ./pyfa.py

A fresh git checkout works though (as did the previous version, for that matter).

Are you sure you extracted it right ? I doublechecked the archive and the pyfa.py file is there just fine.
Alayna Le'line
#200 - 2012-12-05 15:45:08 UTC
Sakari Orisi wrote:
Alayna Le'line wrote:
Quote:
% ./pyfa.py

Are you sure you extracted it right ? I doublechecked the archive and the pyfa.py file is there just fine.

It's there, it just throws that exception. So I guess something somewhere in the code can't find a file or something (the error is as far as I can see, not form the shell, but form pyfa). The pyfa.py file is identical to the one from git as well btw (except for the whitespace, oddly enough, had to "diff -b" it but then it shows as identical).