These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Is it possible to play EVE casually?

Author
Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#41 - 2011-09-23 09:48:53 UTC
My tip:

get yourselfe a medium death star, go to W-space,
set up the POS, kill sleepers do some pvp.

Best would be an C2 or C3 if you have good good skills and you know what youre doing.

Things you need:
- Faction Tower with Faction Mods.
- Alt with Scanning skills (never bring this one out of the hole)
- Main with Scanning skills
- About 2 days to set yourselfe up,
- about 2 months to find a fitting hole.

Do PI on 2 Characters, so you can cut off nearly the half of POS fuel (cooland, oxygen, Mechanical Parts)

Benefits:
- Casual gameplay possible
- Not much effort
- enough ISK

Risks:
- hostile space ALWAYS
- Beware of tower gankers
- Directional scanner will become your best friend
- You will become paranoid after some time
Eyup Mi'duck
Doomheim
#42 - 2011-09-23 10:44:52 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Long John Silver wrote:
Setting off eight large smartbombs in a T1 battleship in hi-sec is something everyone should experience at least once! When their sec status becomes a problem, biomass them and start over. Disposable characters are fun... especially if you have reached a cash rich state with your main and have isk to spare... you have absolutely nothing to lose!

I would recommend against boasting about exploiting and advising others to do the same.

Is that an exploit? The guy spent time investing skills in the character then chose a pirating lifestyle for that toon. What's the problem in that? You do bad things in EVE, you pay the consequences and suffer them. In this scenario, he has to start over again and train up another toon costing him time and isk. So I don't see why you think that's an exploit.

A lot of people recycle toons regularly. It's why we have the biomass facility.

I am me.         I am not you.     I have my own thoughts.     I am very happy with this situation.

Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#43 - 2011-09-23 11:05:18 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Mining
exploration
pirating
PI
Trading
traveling
incursions
redvsblue
research
mission running
chatting in local
spamming in local
ship spinning
corpse collecting
ganking
spying

Fixed that list for you.

- Today's Goals -  Log Into Forums - [X] Make More Useless Posts - [X] Log Into EVE - [  ]

Garia666
CyberShield Inc
HYDRA RELOADED
#44 - 2011-09-23 11:12:17 UTC
hehe if you want to play casual and have some fun you should join 9mm ..

send me an ingame message and well have a chat.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#45 - 2011-09-23 16:06:45 UTC
Cpt Greagor wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Mining
exploration
pirating
PI
Trading
traveling
incursions
redvsblue
research
mission running
chatting in local
spamming in local
ship spinning
corpse collecting
ganking
spying

Fixed that list for you.

You forgot Ninja Salvaging.

TRUE ninja salvaging is really fun. It's when the missioner comes back to the mission room in their salvage ship, and everything is gone. Much harder to pull off though, but can be quite intense being the mouse stealing the cheese.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

AFKCloaked AltSpy
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-09-23 18:19:38 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
There was a time in this game that i was a super CEO trying and never off this game. It got to the point where i considered putting a ad in the papers asking if there were any childless couples with a basement that they did not use.

Along time ago i asked for advice on this forum about being a CEO and one person wrote "put a gun to your head now" and that is the advice i will give to anyone who wants to be a CEO. i once had 16 private convoes come up before the screen had even loaded (ye gods)

Anyway i got burned out and stopped playing.

Question. Is it possible to play this game casually. i mission in a 5/5 Tach nightmare and can make a plex in a day if i work hard. it has the second highest DPS of any Battleship and is the best mission ship in the game just melts everything (ETF warriors before you get upset and feel the need to post raw data the Nightmare has such a good tracking system that most of its hits are "well aimed" and "excellent". This is not shown on ETF. For everyone one else i fly a gank/tracking nightmare 4 heat sinks and 2 tracking mods in the mids. )

What else can i do when i only want to play sometimes for a few hours a week at times. PVP in lowsec is Gaylente and ive not tried nullsec. is it possible with a one man set up and an unskilled scout ?

I can fly amarr/caldari boats and ill be moving onto minmatar in the next week and after i completed that i will have trained ever faction in the game.

Any advice will be needed but i need an EVE online experience with no responsibility at all. my days as a CEO/diplomat are well and truly over.

If the NM is the best mission ship, my 800 dps mach (like maybe 875 with light drones) is able to pull 50-100 mil an hour in hisec. It costs 12-13 mil a day to buy a PLEX. So you should only have to play an hour a day every few days to keep up with PLEX payments and still have enough isk to buy hookers, spacecoke, and new ships.
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#47 - 2011-09-23 19:52:44 UTC
[qu

If the NM is the best mission ship, my 800 dps mach (like maybe 875 with light drones) is able to pull 50-100 mil an hour in hisec. It costs 12-13 mil a day to buy a PLEX. So you should only have to play an hour a day every few days to keep up with PLEX payments and still have enough isk to buy hookers, spacecoke, and new ships.
[/quote]

There is no denying that ther Mach is a first class ship and the other great mission ship in this game.

This is what ETF will never tell you

1. The nightmare uses multis out to 50k fall off to 100k. All the Machs damage is in the fall off.

The damage differential is substantial

2. The Nightmare has a 25% tracking bonus most of its hits are in the well aimed or Excellent.

3. The Nightmare uses Imperial Crystals with its Tachs. If the Mach uses Faction Ammo it gets very expensive very quickly.

I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Previous page123