These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The new mining barge expansion.

Author
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#121 - 2012-07-09 22:37:28 UTC
I never heard a virus, called a self-inflicted wound before. I can kind of see what you are going for.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2012-07-10 00:02:51 UTC
Me and my corpmates think these changes are good overall.

My corpmates and I are some of the miners that have already adapted : we abandoned yield for tankage around the same time as HV. Now we fly Rokh fleets. HV was not the main impetus, just the proverbial straw.

We are in the process of playing with Hulk designs using the MANY posted builds available as a set of templates, plus tweaks of our own design using various forms of cross-buffage/spider tanking and Orca+gang links. So, if we figure out an Orca/Hulk fleet design that has adequate protection, we will use that most often.

That being said, one of these newly proposed ships is bound to beat the Rokh in a yield/tank comparison. Flexibility abounds with the newly proposed ships, and we should be able to more easily choose ships/builds based upon our situational needs.

FUTURE: it strikes me that nobody has been talking about gang link mods and/or implants as part of the role building package. We have generic stuff now that applies to mining yield in general, but that doesn't quite match up to the role concept. For example, if Hulks are truly intended for fleet ops, then give us gang links tuned for that role. Tie the Hulk's bonuses to gang links exactly because they are in a fleet. For the solo/afk ships - tie that role's bonuses to tuned implants exactly because that jump clone is already the miner as opposed to the mission runner.

Anyway, me and my budz think these changes will be great if CCP implements them well.
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#123 - 2012-07-10 00:14:42 UTC
A friend of mine runs an indy/mission whore alliance in empire space and every other day i heard about the hulks or the mackinaws popping like popcorn. Aggravating when someone comes in and pops their ship ruining their fun whether it be mining rocks or ice cubes. pretty much an EULA or something violation but oh well it gets over looked any ways.

So i gave them the fit i used when hulkageddon was running and no one bothered us after trying to gank the hulk only to get popped by concord. nice hulk with close to 50k EHP at my skills.and cheap fit you can improve on it with faction making it higher but who cares its empire space.

i got word that they used this and the pilot giggled with glee like a school girl as concord popped the 2 would be gankers. Yes you sadly have to sacrifice yield and cargo but that's why you have an orca pilot there to haul for you. i can already hear you whining about the fit so i will tell you this. PVP is a hard balance between tank and DPS always one or the other. Same thing goes for the them exhumers and barges.

Now i Imagine you want this nice little fit i worked on. well i tell ya what. use that Eve fitting tool you have and expirement with it make your own fit. Normally i would share it but it appears you need to do this on your own to learn how to set up ships or just use google.

have fun kids
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#124 - 2012-07-10 07:56:41 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
^Not really sure who you are talking to. It sounds like the helmet you wear protects your head physically, mentally not to sure about. As I have stated, not talking about pvp-mining. If you enjoy that, this expansion is what you wanted. It sounds like you are getting what you wanted.

The fleet stuff does sound cool I suppose. But I imagine CCP will see how these changes perform, before they move onto fleet mechanics. Propably be at least a year before we get any or so. Hulks aren't really intended for fleet ops it sounded like. They are intended for nerfing, then having their hand held by bigger ships. Impression I got at least. Everything else can solo, but for the hulk, its just to hard, for that wee little child. Too bad they are nerfing the hulk before I get into one as well. Fleet ops are fun, but you have to count on good corp mates, which isn't so simple really.

Was reading the comments for the devblog, and they seem to want T3 ORE ships. I doubt that will happen though, with the route they are going. All the ships now, will be the T3 ORE ship. Instead of changing mods in a station, you just change ships really. Either the T3 ships will be too expensive, or they will break the fittings rule, like the the wierd poster above me, was trying to teach someone. If anything, maybe those fleet options they might be able to do, as long as the output isn't too big, I suppose, or maybe it will just be tank benefits for the hulks.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne