These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP F*** UP AGAIN.

First post
Author
Ophey Won
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-07-10 19:43:47 UTC
Ok i am getting confused now. Is this topic about FEARLESS, Test or both?
Pipa Porto
#62 - 2012-07-10 19:54:59 UTC
Ophey Won wrote:
Ok i am getting confused now. Is this topic about FEARLESS, Test or both?


It's about #Delve2012, clearly.

(I think it's the Fearless one, with the burnt out Vindi, but I can't be sure anymore, everything's so blurry)

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Ophey Won
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2012-07-10 19:57:48 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Ophey Won wrote:
Ok i am getting confused now. Is this topic about FEARLESS, Test or both?


It's about #Delve2012, clearly.

(I think it's the Fearless one, with the burnt out Vindi, but I can't be sure anymore, everything's so blurry)


I think thats where it started, not sure where it is now.
B'reanna
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2012-07-10 20:12:27 UTC
well we can hurf blurf about why ccp wont let the commentators drink before they commentate this year. hurf blurfing about the right to be drunk on air is always entertaning
Faife
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2012-07-10 20:58:19 UTC
B'reanna wrote:
well we can hurf blurf about why ccp wont let the commentators drink before they commentate this year. hurf blurfing about the right to be drunk on air is always entertaning


They don't let them drink? Why?
Pipa Porto
#66 - 2012-07-10 21:07:44 UTC
Faife wrote:
B'reanna wrote:
well we can hurf blurf about why ccp wont let the commentators drink before they commentate this year. hurf blurfing about the right to be drunk on air is always entertaning


They don't let them drink? Why?


They don't want a repeat of [User Was Banned for Drunkenly Answering this Question]

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#67 - 2012-07-10 22:25:38 UTC

Two thoughts:

1.) The match started with the vindi's dishing out serious dps on each other... while it seem to devolve into retardation, it started off as a serious match. The only argument people could provide to the contrary, is the broadsword team was very...... different. It still had enough dps to drop a Vindi through an ASB and enough tank to not be instantly vaporized by vindi dps.... I think their setup definitely qualifies as a valid setup to bring, even if it was very unusual. The dual vindi team was also moderately standard.

2.) Whether the Vindi pilot displayed a serious lack of prowess that we typically expect from tourney pilots, or whether they purposely threw the match after their team got enough points to progress is completely irrelevent. Making a deal with your opponent, while viewed as poor sportsman-like, is pretty standard for the AT. There are many, many matches where this was blatantly done in local. These teams competed at the start of the match, and that's what CCP really asked for... When one team has a solid lead after duking it out, teams are still allowed to sell points and ?victories? to their opponents.... They just can't do so in a manner that completely undermines their tourney progress.