These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Some dumb miners just don't learn

Author
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#141 - 2012-07-21 16:09:04 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
....
About as useful as sand in Africa.

Did you know that Africa is paying top dollar for sand right now?

Really, damn I gotta get in on that.
Fabulous Rod
Darkfall Corp
#142 - 2012-07-21 16:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulous Rod
Corina Jarr wrote:
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Astroniomix wrote:
...
Actualy rig production is what I do. Becuase you use salvage for that. You can't get salvage from asteroids. So; congradulations on understanding EVE mechanics.


its just one assumption after another with you, isn't it? Lol

you derps make this way too easy.

Assumption?

Fact: rig making uses salvage
Fact: salvage does not come from roids


Where is the assumption?


wow, really? Do i have to spell EVERYTHING out for you?

The assumption he made was that we aren't also using salvage to make rigs.

I kinda feel bad for you two being that dumb, but not surprised. You are defending someone like Deamon Ceed after all.

How was that waterslide btw?
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#143 - 2012-07-21 16:27:18 UTC
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Astroniomix wrote:
...
Actualy rig production is what I do. Becuase you use salvage for that. You can't get salvage from asteroids. So; congradulations on understanding EVE mechanics.


its just one assumption after another with you, isn't it? Lol

you derps make this way too easy.

Assumption?

Fact: rig making uses salvage
Fact: salvage does not come from roids


Where is the assumption?


wow, really? Do i have to spell EVERYTHING out for you?

The assumption he made was that we aren't also using salvage to make rigs.

I kinda feel bad for you two being that dumb, but not surprised, you are defending someone like Deamon Ceed after all.

How was that waterslide btw?

The whole point of this discussion was that you said afk mining was a way to make craploads of isk. I am still waiting for you to show me how you can make craploads of isk mining while afk, in highsec.
Fabulous Rod
Darkfall Corp
#144 - 2012-07-21 16:36:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulous Rod
Astroniomix wrote:
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Astroniomix wrote:
...
Actualy rig production is what I do. Becuase you use salvage for that. You can't get salvage from asteroids. So; congradulations on understanding EVE mechanics.


its just one assumption after another with you, isn't it? Lol

you derps make this way too easy.

Assumption?

Fact: rig making uses salvage
Fact: salvage does not come from roids


Where is the assumption?


wow, really? Do i have to spell EVERYTHING out for you?

The assumption he made was that we aren't also using salvage to make rigs.

I kinda feel bad for you two being that dumb, but not surprised, you are defending someone like Deamon Ceed after all.

How was that waterslide btw?

The whole point of this discussion was that you said afk mining was a way to make craploads of isk. I am still waiting for you to show me how you can make craploads of isk mining while afk, in highsec.


And I said before, why would I bother to enlighten such a derp? Now you are repeating yourself after getting a valid response. I only wanted to point out your error in thinking.

So how was that waterslide? Poor deamon, with only derps and alts to defend him P
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#145 - 2012-07-21 16:54:24 UTC
Seeing as my question remains unanswered, I shall exercise my right to declare victory. Have a nice day.
Fabulous Rod
Darkfall Corp
#146 - 2012-07-21 17:11:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulous Rod
Astroniomix wrote:
Seeing as my question remains unanswered, I shall exercise my right to declare victory. Have a nice day.



Call up any investor and ask them what their trade secrets are see how successful you are at getting any specific info, most of them are even less likely to provide such info to someone whom they know is a derpish forum clown.

Of course, you are the first to declare victory and scamper away with your tail between your legs when you can't argue any further. Fking classic Lol
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#147 - 2012-07-21 18:08:22 UTC
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Astroniomix wrote:
Seeing as my question remains unanswered, I shall exercise my right to declare victory. Have a nice day.



Call up any investor and ask them what their trade secrets are see how successful you are at getting any specific info, most of them are even less likely to provide such info to someone whom they know is a derpish forum clown.

Of course, you are the first to declare victory and scamper away with your tail between your legs when you can't argue any further. Fking classic Lol

I'll indulge you one last time. I never asked for some big mining "secret" (mining laser upgrades increase your mining yield) I asked for you to break down and quantify the earning potential of a miner in highsec. You have still left this point unanswered, therefore, I win by default.
Fabulous Rod
Darkfall Corp
#148 - 2012-07-21 18:42:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulous Rod
Astroniomix wrote:

I'll indulge you one last time. I never asked for some big mining "secret" (mining laser upgrades increase your mining yield) I asked for you to break down and quantify the earning potential of a miner in highsec. You have still left this point unanswered, therefore, I win by default.


sure kid, because I won't reveal personal methods of making isk, which could only serve to give me competition and benefit your clown-self, you win by default. Lol Scamper away now little derpling. Haven't you failed enough in this thread?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#149 - 2012-07-21 20:14:19 UTC
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Fabulous Rod wrote:
Astroniomix wrote:
...
Actualy rig production is what I do. Becuase you use salvage for that. You can't get salvage from asteroids. So; congradulations on understanding EVE mechanics.


its just one assumption after another with you, isn't it? Lol

you derps make this way too easy.

Assumption?

Fact: rig making uses salvage
Fact: salvage does not come from roids


Where is the assumption?


wow, really? Do i have to spell EVERYTHING out for you?

The assumption he made was that we aren't also using salvage to make rigs.

I kinda feel bad for you two being that dumb, but not surprised. You are defending someone like Deamon Ceed after all.

How was that waterslide btw?

You see an assumption that isn't there, hence you are the one being a fool and assuming.

Order of events:
You said you can make [insert ridiculous number] of ISK while mining afk.
Then you say an off hand comment about making rigs.

So you have two big problems.
1) that amount of money was not actually made by mining, but by manufacturing. Very different. The only thing you might be able to claim is that you saved money by mining rather than buying off the market. Mining minerals used to build things is not a source of isk (ie revenue) but a source of profit (ie not spending as much).

2) you fail to consider the potential cost of salvage, which cannot be collected afk, which is also a significant cost of some rigs.


Now, he is asking for the amount you can make by mining afk. Not the amount you can make by manufacturing.

Not any trade secret (like system location, selling location etc), just how much you are selling it at, and how much you take in per hour. Those numbers are useless for a "trade secret" by themselves.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#150 - 2012-07-21 22:50:22 UTC
I usually dont like suicide ganking but the tears in here sure are delicious!

And i dont think the isk argument counts, sure a miner makes more isk than someone who ganks miners (but alot less than a serious pvper or if you run plex) but remember that ganking hulks is more like a past time when there is nothing else to do for flashys than their line of "work". They just do it for the fun and the tears.

Pi (which lots of pies use) gives similar isk to mining while beeing full afk and virtually risk free!
Sorceror Majiir
Doomheim
#151 - 2012-07-22 06:36:46 UTC
Daemon: Salaam Aleykum, Wow, your gloat is both repulsive and morally repugnant. While I'm not a Muslim, I do kinda understand their relationship with Allah and I'm astonished moderators let you get away with that slur. I'd be happy to share with you what living in Riyadh is really like, both good and bad.

As for gloating over ganking a miner in HS, well my views are posted elsewhere so I'll just say your a .. cat, yeah that's it.

Inshallah, you shall get the reward you deserve.

Ramadan Mubarak
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#152 - 2012-07-22 07:20:13 UTC
Sorceror Majiir wrote:
Daemon: Salaam Aleykum, Wow, your gloat is both repulsive and morally repugnant.


Best post ever. Thank you for that, brother!
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#153 - 2012-07-22 07:22:29 UTC
Daemon Ceed wrote:
Sorceror Majiir wrote:
Daemon: Salaam Aleykum, Wow, your gloat is both repulsive and morally repugnant.


Best post ever. Thank you for that, brother!

Just wait, he will top himself in a few minutes.
Tiamet Cordova
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2012-07-22 08:28:49 UTC
So this thread turned out to be a typical rollercoaster of fail.... It started with someone patting himself on the back over a silly suicide gank or 2 or 4 and quickly turned into a freshman retreat pissing match.


Relatively new to Eve I've learned one thing that the ganked seemed to know and the proud ganker hasn't figured out
(any ship you fly will get popped eventually) if you mine... you will lose ships much more often.

The hulk pilot returned to the spot he was ganked for a reason. The %'s game. Mining with 2 hulks will net some serious $$ over a large stretch of hours. Believe it or not... he more than likely has paid for those hulks 10 times over from doing just what he did. Return to the belt and start his operation back up. At some point the obnoxious grief hungry belt roaming parasites will get bored and find something else to do....


As long as anyone who is mining is smart enough to not let a scuicide gank scare them away from asteroid belts you will nearly ALWAYS come out positive on the $$ side of the equation (lose a ship or two or not)

Maybe ill get popped tomorrow... chances are however probably not... The reason the system works is there will be many more days where you mine freely and rake in ore to vastly outrank your losses in random isolated gank/shiplosses....


an isolated hulk gank being celebrated by a few t1 alts or bored griefers is like a losing team scoring a touchdown at the end of a Blow out football game... then rushing the field and tearing down the goalpost to celebrate their "score"
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#155 - 2012-07-22 08:50:07 UTC
Tiamet Cordova wrote:


Relatively new to Eve I've learned....spurg


Post automatically classified as irrelevant.
Sorceror Majiir
Doomheim
#156 - 2012-07-22 09:27:20 UTC
Tiamet: Great post.
Elias Greyhand
#157 - 2012-07-22 11:28:00 UTC
Some of the posts by the OP during the first few pages remind me of Corporal Klinger...

"That which is done cannot be undone. But it can be avenged."

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#158 - 2012-07-22 11:30:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemon Ceed
Elias Greyhand wrote:
Some of the posts by the OP during the first few pages remind me of Corporal Klinger...


Ironic! Yours remind me of Hot Lips. Feminine with a bitchy undertone.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol
Elias Greyhand
#159 - 2012-07-22 11:34:04 UTC
Daemon Ceed wrote:
Elias Greyhand wrote:
Some of the posts by the OP during the first few pages remind me of Corporal Klinger...


Ironic! You remind me of Hot Lips. Feminine with a bitchy undertone.


Bitchy doesn't work, it was more the back-stabbing vibe she had with Frank Burns, before he went a bit mental.

"That which is done cannot be undone. But it can be avenged."

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#160 - 2012-07-22 11:37:08 UTC
Elias Greyhand wrote:
Daemon Ceed wrote:
Elias Greyhand wrote:
Some of the posts by the OP during the first few pages remind me of Corporal Klinger...


Ironic! You remind me of Hot Lips. Feminine with a bitchy undertone.


Bitchy doesn't work, it was more the back-stabbing vibe she had with Frank Burns, before he went a bit mental.


Agreed. I stand corrected. M*A*S*H was a great show, wasn't it? TV just doesn't make them as good as they used to anymore. I only wish I could gank the entire cast of Jersey Shore with a disco phoon. I think it'd make John Travolta proud.