These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WINNER ANNOUNCED - 200 million to the most attractive Female avatar (contest)

First post
Author
Talisa Latarien
Dark Tempest Enterprises
#841 - 2012-07-15 21:51:22 UTC
I'd probably enter as well, although not sure there's any chance for me in such a contest. Then again, this thread did prove that taste is extremely subjective, so, who knows? Smile
Valerie Tessel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#842 - 2012-07-15 21:55:27 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
So long and thanx for all the isk

Congratulations.

Tactical destroyers... I'll take a dozen Gallente, please.

Ginseng Jita
PAN-EVE TRADING COMPANY
#843 - 2012-07-15 21:57:37 UTC
Valerie Tessel wrote:
Quora Fields wrote:
Talisa Latarien wrote:
Quora Fields wrote:

I personally think Xinivrae would have won, if she entered.

Somehow I doubt that, because, subjectively, even among the chosen 20 someone else should've been the winner (IMO, either Brit Green, or the person I am quoting now, perhaps?), and yet we saw what we saw...

But, truth be told, I am a little more surprised to see such a low amount of votes than the resut itself.

Still, congratulations are in order.

I think there weren't many votes because a lot of the people didn't agree with the top 20 list in the first place. I'd quite like someone to start another competition with a different format. It was fun seeing all the different entries.

Agreed. I've been thinking about that a bit.

Three judges... Judging to be based on 1024x1024 portraits only, captured the day of submission. I'd love it if CCP Karkur could be one of the judges. Any characters owned by the judges, prize contributors, or contest runner, would be disqualified (we'd need CCP to check this). The person running the contest would select the top ten for judging. Judging to be based on a points system: 10 points for appearance ("beauty"), 5 for pose, 5 for facial expression, 5 for lighting and background. Character with the highest points wins, contest runner decides tie-breaking situations. First, second, and third places would be awarded.

I'm too lazy to run it, and besides, I'd kind of like to enter. Big smile

When I am finished with the male contest( https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=130003 ) - I'll gladly do a female contest.
Valerie Tessel
Gallente Federation
#844 - 2012-07-15 22:02:37 UTC
BTW: Hats off to Jack for providing some forum fun.

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#845 - 2012-07-15 22:03:29 UTC
I'd join, if I could stop messing with my avatar every couple hours..... Luckily, I think I finally burned myself out on the character customization page. Maybe now I'll finally be able to settle into one look for a week or so :-)
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#846 - 2012-07-15 22:09:42 UTC
Valerie Tessel wrote:
Quora Fields wrote:
Talisa Latarien wrote:
Quora Fields wrote:

I personally think Xinivrae would have won, if she entered.

Somehow I doubt that, because, subjectively, even among the chosen 20 someone else should've been the winner (IMO, either Brit Green, or the person I am quoting now, perhaps?), and yet we saw what we saw...

But, truth be told, I am a little more surprised to see such a low amount of votes than the resut itself.

Still, congratulations are in order.

I think there weren't many votes because a lot of the people didn't agree with the top 20 list in the first place. I'd quite like someone to start another competition with a different format. It was fun seeing all the different entries.

Three judges... Judging to be based on 1024x1024 portraits only, captured the day of submission. I'd love it if CCP Karkur could be one of the judges. Any characters owned by the judges, prize contributors, or contest runner, would be disqualified (we'd need CCP to check this). The person running the contest would select the top ten for judging. Judging to be based on a points system: 10 points for appearance ("beauty"), 5 for pose, 5 for facial expression, 5 for lighting and background. Character with the highest points wins, contest runner decides tie-breaking situations. First, second, and third places would be awarded.

Do any of you people ever look outside of GD?

There is already a long running portrait contest here with top prize over a billion isk value.
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#847 - 2012-07-15 22:13:30 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

There is already a long running portrait contest here with top prize over a billion isk value.

I've only looked at the rookie q&a and GD, myself. Unfortunately, 20mil might be a bit too steep for a rookie like me... gotta save up for that Dominix, y'know.
Valerie Tessel
Gallente Federation
#848 - 2012-07-15 22:23:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Valerie Tessel
Mr Epeen wrote:
Valerie Tessel wrote:

That is a Best Portrait contest, open to male and female portraits. It is a great contest, but not the same as what Jack or Ginseng are running. For example, the current winner wouldn't qualify for the contest I describe: http://eveportraits.wordpress.com/winners-gallery/

Miss Aqua
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#849 - 2012-07-15 22:55:25 UTC
Seems like I was way off with my favorites, oh well grats to the winner!
Ironza
State War Academy
Caldari State
#850 - 2012-07-16 00:13:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ironza
How did that get 23 voats! :O
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#851 - 2012-07-16 00:19:07 UTC
Ironza wrote:

Alts/ corp/ friends, of course. You must me new here.

Mr Epeen Cool
Singeabooty Raj
Doomheim
#852 - 2012-07-16 00:26:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Singeabooty Raj
Mr Epeen wrote:
Ironza wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

I hear the circlejerk in general discussion between the filthy wee prude role players is intense so nothing would surprise

Black Man with Goggles

Sabrina Solette
Gallente Federation
#853 - 2012-07-16 01:10:23 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Ironza wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

My guess is they never looked above the neckline.
Singeabooty Raj
Doomheim
#854 - 2012-07-16 01:15:31 UTC
I agree small minded role players find it hard to see past the end of their nostril thats smells the same stench to conform to being a sheep rather than a shepherd.

Black Man with Goggles

Lyskal Oskold
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#855 - 2012-07-16 01:24:02 UTC
There were dozens of attractive entries. I don't know what happened. I wish I voted now. /=

"Love is just a chemical, no matter the origin. We give it meaning by choice." - Eleanor Lamb

Singeabooty Raj
Doomheim
#856 - 2012-07-16 01:27:40 UTC
Lyskal Oskold wrote:
There were dozens of attractive entries. I don't know what happened. I wish I voted now. /=

fithy role play circlejerk is what happned here

Black Man with Goggles

Betrinna Cantis
#857 - 2012-07-16 01:46:07 UTC
Hmmm.... Oh well, next time.Big smile

Alts have been changed to protect the Innocent. You may have mistaken me for someone who cares.....

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#858 - 2012-07-16 02:11:19 UTC
Singeabooty Raj wrote:

I hear the circlejerk in general discussion between the filthy wee prude role players is intense so nothing would surprise

Singeabooty Raj wrote:

I agree small minded role players find it hard to see past the end of their nostril thats smells the same stench to conform to being a sheep rather than a shepherd.

Singeabooty Raj wrote:

fithy role play circlejerk is what happned here

You seem to have some bitterness stuffed deep down inside. Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest? Maybe something you'd like to say to the group...? You don't have to hide your feelings here. We're all here to help.
Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#859 - 2012-07-16 03:33:40 UTC
Singeabooty Raj wrote:

Show me on the Megathron where the Space Barbies touched you.

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#860 - 2012-07-16 05:10:06 UTC
Lina Alar wrote:
Singeabooty Raj wrote:

Show me on the Megathron where the Space Barbies touched you.

I lolled

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!