These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WINNER ANNOUNCED - 200 million to the most attractive Female avatar (contest)

First post
Author
Lilliana Stelles
#681 - 2012-07-11 21:58:14 UTC
I think a big part of avatars is the pose. But he picked from full bodies to even the playing field a bit. That could account for some of the perceived discrepancy.

Not a forum alt. 

SMX
#682 - 2012-07-11 22:05:29 UTC
I bet you left me out because I said it was a scam.
Fair enough.
Hai Boiz
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#683 - 2012-07-11 22:17:19 UTC
SMX wrote:
I bet you left me out because I said it was a scam.
Fair enough.

Or he just found you not that attractive.

XX
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#684 - 2012-07-11 22:31:56 UTC
Hai Boiz wrote:

Which is fair enough. This will sound cheesy but that is why I don't try to enter contests since beauty is very individual. The important thing is that you like how your avatar looks. I went through a ton of variations from all the bloodlines before settling on this one, and I am quite happy with it. These topics that get generated by contest threads are amazing and I really enjoy seeing what others consider attractive weather it is a handsome look, androgynous boyish look, cold frosty beauty, busty barbie, or tough punk look. I was going for the girl next door, recent academy graduate look. Contests like this are subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt since it is all apples and oranges, or watermelons as the case often is here Oops

I have a small gallery of random capsulers that I have found attractive so far in my travels and they do vary in style. There is no way I could choose a top 3, or even top 20 out of them.
Quora Fields
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#685 - 2012-07-11 22:37:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Quora Fields
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Hai Boiz wrote:

Which is fair enough. This will sound cheesy but that is why I don't try to enter contests since beauty is very individual. The important thing is that you like how your avatar looks. I went through a ton of variations from all the bloodlines before settling on this one, and I am quite happy with it. These topics that get generated by contest threads are amazing and I really enjoy seeing what others consider attractive weather it is a handsome look, androgynous boyish look, cold frosty beauty, busty barbie, or tough punk look. I was going for the girl next door, recent academy graduate look. Contests like this are subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt since it is all apples and oranges, or watermelons as the case often is here Oops

I have a small gallery of random capsulers that I have found attractive so far in my travels and they do vary in style. There is no way I could choose a top 3, or even top 20 out of them.

I spent so long making Quora and I'm actually not happy with her. I got her face pretty much just how I wanted it, but her body isn't quite right in places.. and it seems no matter how flat chested I tried to make her, vests still made her chest stick out like two watermelons!

I've since altered her hair too and removed the make-up. She looks very unnatural in the picture I submitted for the competition.

You're absolutely right though; the important thing IS that you like how your avatar looks. Beauty is subjective.
Trini Soren
Doomheim
#686 - 2012-07-11 22:43:31 UTC
Congratulations to the top twenty and good luck getting into the top 3. There are some really nice portraits in there.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#687 - 2012-07-11 22:43:56 UTC
Quora Fields wrote:
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Hai Boiz wrote:

I spent so long making Quora and I'm actually not happy with her. I got her face pretty much just how I wanted it, but her body isn't quite right in places.. and it seems no matter how flat chested I tried to make her, vests still made her chest stick out like two watermelons!

I've since altered her hair too and removed the make-up. She looks very unnatural in the picture I submitted for the competition.

You're absolutely right though; the important thing IS that you like how your avatar looks. Beauty is subjective.

I think the current one looks amazing. Love the contrast between the hair and the skin.
Quora Fields
Gallente Federation
#688 - 2012-07-11 22:50:07 UTC
Thanks Corina. I appreciate the comments. She actually looks like this now.

Trini, I have no idea why your avatar didn't make it into the top 20..
Miregar Shakor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#689 - 2012-07-11 22:59:58 UTC
It's my nose, isn't it? My damn Brutor nose, it must be! Damn and blast!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?Blink
Trini Soren
Doomheim
#690 - 2012-07-11 23:00:42 UTC
Quora Fields wrote:

Trini, I have no idea why your avatar didn't make it into the top 20..

I can't deny I would have liked to make the cut, but it is what it is and I'm happy for the others. Only one wins and you can't get down when it's not you.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#691 - 2012-07-11 23:06:35 UTC
Quora Fields wrote:
and it seems no matter how flat chested I tried to make her, vests still made her chest stick out like two watermelons!

Yes I have also mentioned the lack of A cups since it is very true. I actually like the "smallest" setting sizes and find them a good match when all of the other settings set to thin, but find it a bit disturbing that the designers have a B/C cup as the lowest setting. It would also seem as though the portrait creator adds a good cup size compared to the character/WiS creator. Naturally it is very apparent when portrait is taken from the side. I completely agree with you that lowest setting is far from small.

This is close to the smallest setting??
Celeste Gallente
Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Academy
#692 - 2012-07-11 23:14:59 UTC
Oh, hey, I made the top 20! Wow this thread got long. I honestly thought he was trolling. Thanks for the boost in confidence.
Quora Fields
Gallente Federation
#693 - 2012-07-11 23:15:05 UTC
Celeste Taylor wrote:
Quora Fields wrote:
and it seems no matter how flat chested I tried to make her, vests still made her chest stick out like two watermelons!

Yes I have also mentioned the lack of A cups since it is very true. I actually like the "smallest" setting sizes and find them a good match when all of the other settings set to thin, but find it a bit disturbing that the designers have a B/C cup as the lowest setting. It would also seem as though the portrait creator adds a good cup size compared to the character/WiS creator. Naturally it is very apparent when portrait is taken from the side. I completely agree with you that lowest setting is far from small.

This is close to the smallest setting??
Celeste Gallente

What disturbs me more is the fact people actually use those ridiculous settings and believe that it's somehow attractive. I don't know. Perhaps I'm a sucker for realism when it comes to these things.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#694 - 2012-07-11 23:34:15 UTC
Zoe Athame wrote:
Top 20 according to who?

More than half of those you linked are boring or just plain ugly. This contest is more rigged than AT9.

The fact your character isn't on the list, yet this one is, absolutely blows my mind.
Maddie Gunslinger
Doomheim
#695 - 2012-07-11 23:39:02 UTC
Metagaming at its best ^^

I thought you were going left, and you went right... my dear, it still counts as a scam, and I do indeed salute you good sir!

What? No...

Anja Ward
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#696 - 2012-07-12 00:36:10 UTC
So I glazed through that list of superficial bimbos and came to the conclusion that whomever picked those candidates out would never be able to handle a real woman.

Gods grace, taking part of such.
Jax Bederen
Dark Horse RM
#697 - 2012-07-12 00:53:39 UTC
Ursula Thrace stands out for me at least. Good luck!
Valentine Silverfox
Kr 4d10 5s1
#698 - 2012-07-12 01:17:51 UTC
I'm rather surprised to find myself in there. Pleased, but surprised and good luck to everyone else as well.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#699 - 2012-07-12 01:34:24 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
I'm not in the top ten nor have I received any money.
Proof enough that this contest was rigged from the start.
You're cute, but not worth going to jail for.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#700 - 2012-07-12 03:55:00 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
Cyprus Black wrote:
I'm not in the top ten nor have I received any money.
Proof enough that this contest was rigged from the start.
You're cute, but not worth going to jail for.
Yeah, you're right I suppose. Someday the love between a human and a monkey will be legal. Sadly that day is not today.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33