These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Highsec Dread

Author
Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#21 - 2012-07-04 05:35:24 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Morganta wrote:
there's a supercap in Jita already

If there really is it should be removed from highsec. Supercaps were never allowed in highsec. You couldn't even build one back when capital ships were allowed in highsec. There probably is capital ship in Jita, but not supercap.

Nope, also there is absolutely no video of it undocking during the goons jitageddon event.

oh wait, yes there is

Danfen Fenix
#22 - 2012-07-04 08:25:43 UTC
Calling chribba...calllling chribba...
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#23 - 2012-07-04 09:23:50 UTC
Horrible idea. Only for the fact that I wish to keep being a part of the few that has one Lol

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-07-04 09:35:57 UTC
Cat Casidy wrote:
Nope, also there is absolutely no video of it undocking during the goons jitageddon event.

oh wait, yes there is

Was it built in highsec?

There's no supercap in Jita.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#25 - 2012-07-04 09:40:37 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
There's no supercap in Jita.
…aside from the Nyx in question.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-07-04 09:43:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Prove it's still there.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-07-04 10:43:19 UTC
Bobo Cindekela wrote:
the problem wit your idea is that it would necessitate an equal improvement in POS defense, both EHP and cpu/grid to fit weaponry able to offset your power creep mini-dread.

my 2c

that there wasnt afaik improvements to pos after the release of rigs, the power creep has already happened to some degree
The point though, is there needs to be some form of 'hisec dread' to be able to deal with large hisec POS within a reasonable timeframe.

You talk of 'power creep', the power creep here is the EHP of a large POS, which is a hangover of the POS=SOV era

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-07-04 11:08:33 UTC
ben7303 Shardani wrote:
I was thinking, I would like to see a high sec dreadnought. They would have to be vary care full about making it OP. I was thinking something like 2k DPS and 100k EHP while in siege. I think this would add a lot to high sec wars and might make them more fun. There might be a major draw back to this I have not thought of. Please let me know what everybody thinks.

If you ask Chribba nicely, he might let you watch him mine Veld in his Revelation which is in Amarr.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-07-04 11:15:52 UTC
You already have high sec Dreads to take down POS and modules, general Navy/Pirate/marauder class battleships

Can fit over 100K EHP and very sure all of them can hit for over 1K DPS on POS and modules.

brb

Abon
Pandorum Research Incorporated
#30 - 2012-07-04 11:33:41 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Prove it's still there.

Prove that it is gone? I was in Jita myself when he undocked his penis enlarger. It is quite simple since CCP ruled out exactly how the few remaining Capitals in HigSec are to be used. May i direct you to this fine GM post.

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1423471

Since the Nyx Pilot followed the rules to the letter you can be sure that the Nyx is still in Jita!
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-07-04 12:46:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jorma Morkkis
Abon wrote:
Prove that it is gone? I was in Jita myself when he undocked his ***** enlarger. It is quite simple since CCP ruled out exactly how the few remaining Capitals in HigSec are to be used. May i direct you to this fine GM post.

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1423471

Since the Nyx Pilot followed the rules to the letter you can be sure that the Nyx is still in Jita!

It wasn't built in there. Note no carriers in 0.7 or higher rule and Jita is 0.9.

To build supercap you need sov in that area. Again, no. Ever tried to claim sov in high sec?

Why it hasn't undocked after its first appreance? First of all, you can't dock it.

It was mistake on GMs part (not to check where character was docked). In those cases ship will always be sent back to null/lowsec.

If you really believe it's still there you probably believe that there's titan in Rens too.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-07-04 17:41:57 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Note no carriers in 0.7 or higher rule

You don't actually know what you're talking about do you.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Danfen Fenix
#33 - 2012-07-04 17:43:08 UTC
Danfen Fenix wrote:
Calling chribba...calllling chribba...

Chribba wrote:
Horrible idea. Only for the fact that I wish to keep being a part of the few that has one Lol

/c

As if that worked Shocked
Previous page12