These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

My last rant to CCP

First post
Author
Musashi IV
Off-World Mining
#1 - 2012-07-03 08:14:30 UTC
Three months ago I purchased 3 months of playing time for my three 6 year old accounts . At that time you allowed Goonswarm to circumvent high sec game mechanics with hulkmania. Hulkmania used to last a week and was not a problem. They made it a month and then permanent. That is a big problem. I tried everything I could to fight these pirates. Its hard to fight and mine at the same time. I thought after hulkmania this would stop but Goonswarm continues to have bounties on mining ships. Its been three months and pirates are still attacking my ships in high sec space with imunity. Almost all these pirates have at least a -5 security standing. How can you justify allowing players with -5 security standing into high sec? I have over 250 billion ISK so ISK is not the problem. Being able to read my newspaper while peacefully mining is all I want to do. I created several petitions explaining my problem but you did nothing! From your responses to my petitions I know my 3 accounts mean nothing to you. You thought hulkmania would only last a short time and players would not quit. You are wrong!! How many other players are having the same problem? How many have already quit or will quit in the near future? In a few days my playing time will expire. I hope EVE dies and you lose your jobs!!!

I dont give a fu.. how you players respond to this thread. In a few days all of you and EVE wont matter. In a few years EVE wont matter to the gaming community. It will be just another mmo that died a slow death.
VanDam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-07-03 08:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: VanDam
First

*grabs some popcorn

U MAD BRO?


On a more serious note, I would question the mental stability of someone who hopes the general Eve population lose their jobs because they lost a few ships on a internet game.

I would also consider calling you a liar for claiming to have 250 billion ISK while also buying 3 months of game time for your alts instead of just plexing them, but that would be rude so I wont.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-07-03 08:17:35 UTC
VanDam wrote:
First

*grabs some popcorn


Gimme some.

@OP You go girl!
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#4 - 2012-07-03 08:18:05 UTC
I wish you the best with whatever you are up to next if you decide to quit.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#5 - 2012-07-03 08:18:44 UTC
I am so sorry I killed you. Please don't leave.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-07-03 08:19:10 UTC
So, you OP have 250B but can't afford risking a ship to gankers every now and then?
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-03 08:21:56 UTC
I also have 250bil and wish to make a whine thread about losing ships to the value of 0.1% of my liquid ISK

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#8 - 2012-07-03 08:22:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Jint Hikaru
I dont like the suicide greefing either, but the beauty of Eve is that all play styles are alowed. Now I have to play against real life people instead of mindless predictable NPCs. If you ask me, that makes Eve so much better than anything out there.

Sorry you are not enjoying it, but it really sounds like you simply have 3 accounts so you can spend all of your game time mining. (edit: i missed the part in your post where you said you just mine and read the newspaper, makes this sentence a little redundant, sorry)

You dont seem to want to adapt or change how you play.

I hope you find another game that makes you happy.

Fly Safe.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#9 - 2012-07-03 08:25:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Please pick one of these obligatory responses to your whine thread, they are all suitable:

1. Harden The F.uck Up (HTFU)
2. Dont s.hit fit your ship
3. Dont fly what you cannot afford to loose.
4. Go Back To WoW (GB2W)
5. Can i have your stuff?
6. Post with your main


Personally number 1 and 4 are my personal favorite but you choose what you are comfortable with. Number 6 is there cause its obviously not your main since he has 2 caracol losses and no Hulk losses, so either this is just a troll thread or your not man enough to show your main.

You been mining in the game for what 2 years? And your sick of getting ganked? You poor delicate little snowflake you... I often wonder about this threads iv been mining in this game for over 7 years and have never once been suicide ganked, and iv done it in high sec, low sec and null sec.

Also your paltry 250bisk is nothing! I have at least 800bisk pfff your so common.
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#10 - 2012-07-03 08:25:23 UTC
I will confess I have read better rants.

"Relaxed" mining is harder these days. I say "Relaxed" as I only like to mine when I am out of my skull on pills and alcohol.
InternetSpaceship
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-07-03 08:26:17 UTC  |  Edited by: InternetSpaceship
Goons goons goons goons goons goons goons.

Goons gooned my goon and gooned me when I wasn't gooning. Goon the goons or I'll goon this goon next goon!

This is why GoonSwarm should take ISD's place. These forums are pretty much all about us as it is.

For content, I'll suggest what I always have. First, pay attention to the game you're playing.

Second, form a low or nullsec corp and recruit like-minded players and mine together. There is safety in numbers. We mine in null all the time in dozens of hulks in goonspace. I watch star trek while waiting for a laser to cycle. Never been ganked once. We have a great intel channel that alerts us to potential threats systems before they reach us. There is NO reason you can't do the same. None at all. Stop whining at CCP to get rid of the gankers for you, all the tools you need to do it yourself are in the game, and have been for some time. Play the game for once.

Stop mining in high sec, you carebear mining retards. You know it isn't safe. You know you will get ganked. So ******* stop it. I know its excruciating, but you are going to have to change your playstyle if you want to continue mining. And hey, good news! Mining in low and null is quite a bit more profitable! There is no reason, none at all to remain in highsec. I know you think it SHOULD be safe, but the fact is, it isn't, and every single ******* one of you knows it.

Official Recruiter for GoonSwarm Corporation.

If you paid isk to get into GoonSwarm, you were probably scammed.  If you had the foresight to save the name of your scammer, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Anuillae Fourneaux
Calydon Inc.
#12 - 2012-07-03 08:29:02 UTC
I agree 100%. PVP in my EVE? Ridiculous! You tell 'em, OP.

[center]How can there be resistance without leadership?


www.Proveldtariat.Wordpress.com[/center]

Miles Parabellum
Core Collapse Inc
#13 - 2012-07-03 08:31:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Miles Parabellum
A few friends and I decided to convert a bit of security standing into fun by trying out this apparently hilarious new trend among the young people of today: Suicide ganking.

So we loaded up some cheap T1-fitted catalysts and had a go at a mack sitting in belt with some friends and an orca.
As it turns out, as soon as we locked, the orca started shield repping and our catalysts died to concord, scoring zero kills.
When we warped our pods out, one of the miners wrote in local, "Lol, noob suiciders" - Or something to that effect.
That stung, badly.

So I guess it's not entirely impossible to defend a mining fleet, although two or three catalysts more might have tipped the scales. But still.
Rather humiliating experience, I must say.
Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-07-03 08:34:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Obmud
Ah the usual "suck it up we r bozz" from the tough community that simply doesnt give a **** since they are not affected anyway. I kind of understand the OP's concern, i got a Hulk docked as well, but not the 25billion that the OP has. It doesnt matter anyway how much money he has. Thats just a stupid trolling attempt to negate his concern.

CCP has stated clearly that they intervene when someone is not able to play the game at all (they also intervene in the plex market when its being speculative). Plus, its not like the OP has an alternative to Highsec, Highsec IS the alternative to low and nullsec and is the last, lowpaid resort anyone has.

While i dont really see the fun in staring at rocks and reading newspaper the same time its none of my business to judge upon that really, however it feels like this is a real issue and i personally hate it when players from the eve community quit. Especially those that do the boring **** for us.

There are people in this game who dont do sleeper sites / incursions for breakfast and where actually 100mill is alot of money so they need those miners, so the market stays somewhat affordable. I don't really have problems with anyone who manipulates the market in creative ways but as long as there is high sec there will be carebears and they are part of the community as well wether you like it or not. I'm not someone who calls for CCP's intervention but i really dont see how you would want to solve this problem any other way.

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

You should sig that, it will look good on you.

InternetSpaceship
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-07-03 08:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: InternetSpaceship
Obmud wrote:
I don't really have problems with anyone who manipulates the market in creative ways but as long as there is high sec there will be carebears and they are part of the community as well wether you like it or not. I'm not someone who calls for CCP's intervention but i really dont see how you would want to solve this problem any other way.


Right, and they should have to play the game within the same parameters we all do. They want to mine, they need to form a mining corp to do it for protection. High Sec is not meant to be safe, I don't know how many times you pubbies need to have that rammed into your dense skulls. If what you are trying is repeatedly failing, then stop trying, and think of something else. Plenty of people mine unharassed because they make use of the resources given to them by CCP to do it safely.

Make a mining corp in low or null sec. There, you can preemptively strike without getting concorded. You can set up intel to warn you of threats and a station to dock up in.

Seriously, this is a sandbox. Yes, you can play however you like, but that doesn't mean we have to let you. If we want to **** on your sandcastle, we're free to do that too. It's up to you to protect yourself here. You have the tools to stop us, though. Do what I said, let go of your ****** veldspar and just go to low or null sec. You'll be a lot safer, and you'll make a lot more money.

This is called "Playing Eve", and while a lot of you don't really understand it, I recommend giving it a try. This is a game of survival, and only the strong survive. If you can't adapt, then you die. That's the whole point of the game. Play it, or go play WoW.

Or I suppose you can sit in highsec and whine for CCP to overcome all your in-game obstacles for you.

Official Recruiter for GoonSwarm Corporation.

If you paid isk to get into GoonSwarm, you were probably scammed.  If you had the foresight to save the name of your scammer, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Pipa Porto
#16 - 2012-07-03 08:45:15 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:
Being able to read my newspaper while peacefully mining is all I want to do.


CCP Wrangler wrote:
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in, you're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that's what hello kitty online is for.



Would you mind giving CCP Wrangler your stuff? I think he wants it.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-07-03 08:47:06 UTC
InternetSpaceship wrote:

Right, and they should have to play the game within the same parameters we all do. They want to mine, they need to form a mining corp to do it for protection. High Sec is not meant to be safe, I don't know how many times you pubbies need to have that rammed into your dense skulls. If what you are trying is repeatedly failing, then stop trying, and think of something else. Plenty of people mine unharassed because they make use of the resources given to them by CCP to do it safely.

Make a mining corp in low or null sec. There, you can preemptively strike without getting concorded. You can set up intel to warn you of threats and a station to dock up in.

Seriously, this is a sandbox. Yes, you can play however you like, but that doesn't mean we have to let you. If we want to **** on your sandcastle, we're free to do that too. It's up to you to protect yourself here. You have the tools to stop us, though. Do what I said, let go of your ****** veldspar and just go to low or null sec. You'll be a lot safer, and you'll make a lot more money.


My vocabulary is not extended enough to understand the word pubbies but i agree somewhat with most of what you wrote. My point is, or actually something that's worth discussing is: Should it be possible to mine safely in Highsec, just as it is safe to run Missions ? Or in other words, did CCP intend to make a place where it's perfectly safe to mine ? If not, then you're in most parts right.

As a sidenote, i'm not a miner, and actually would recommend to remove Concord altogether, just to be clear on this, if you're talking about a REAL sandbox then remove any NPC restrictions. I just like to see the other side of the argument as well thats all, and i'm ready to be convinced by the opposite if i'm wrong. The style of arguments that most people in here use though shows clearly that they rather bang the wardrums and show their e-peen instead of having an interesting discussion.

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

You should sig that, it will look good on you.

Pipa Porto
#18 - 2012-07-03 08:47:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Obmud wrote:
CCP has stated clearly that they intervene when someone is not able to play the game at all (they also intervene in the plex market when its being speculative). Plus, its not like the OP has an alternative to Highsec, Highsec IS the alternative to low and nullsec and is the last, lowpaid resort anyone has.


OP does have an alternative to getting ganked. It's called "not getting ganked," and all it requires is a tiny amount of effort.



Jon Lander wrote:

If you pay attention, and you’ve got your wits about you, you can avoid people coming in and ganking, a survival of the fittest kind of thing, and people are now able to actually make a much better living from mining because of things like Hulkageddon and Burn Jita, because minerals are more expensive.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/12/eve-online-interview-betrayal-at-fanfest-burn-jita-virtual-reality-and-the-president-of-iceland/

Jon Lander is the Senior Producer of EvE (He's Soundwave's Boss).

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

hedge betts Shiyurida
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-07-03 08:52:03 UTC
I have to agree with the op.

He choose to be a miner, that's what eve is to him. If he has a quarter trillion isk he could do pretty much anything. The fact that People are destroying what eve means to him and others is something that ccp should take note of.

Yes it's a sandbox but because it is one it gives him and others the choice to mine were ever and how they want. No one group should have the right to dictate how others play their game.

Pog mo thoin

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-03 08:52:08 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:
Three months ago I purchased 3 months of playing time for my three 6 year old accounts . At that time you allowed Goonswarm to circumvent high sec game mechanics with hulkmania. Hulkmania used to last a week and was not a problem. They made it a month and then permanent. That is a big problem. I tried everything I could to fight these pirates. Its hard to fight and mine at the same time. I thought after hulkmania this would stop but Goonswarm continues to have bounties on mining ships. Its been three months and pirates are still attacking my ships in high sec space with imunity. Almost all these pirates have at least a -5 security standing. How can you justify allowing players with -5 security standing into high sec? I have over 250 billion ISK so ISK is not the problem. Being able to read my newspaper while peacefully mining is all I want to do. I created several petitions explaining my problem but you did nothing! From your responses to my petitions I know my 3 accounts mean nothing to you. You thought hulkmania would only last a short time and players would not quit. You are wrong!! How many other players are having the same problem? How many have already quit or will quit in the near future? In a few days my playing time will expire. I hope EVE dies and you lose your jobs!!!

I dont give a fu.. how you players respond to this thread. In a few days all of you and EVE wont matter. In a few years EVE wont matter to the gaming community. It will be just another mmo that died a slow death.


TL;DR (kind version)

"I realized EvE is not the right game for me, so now I quit"


www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

123Next pageLast page