These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About this new ancillary Shield Boosters

Author
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2012-07-04 21:30:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Kilabi wrote:
Klown Walk wrote:
Internet Lawyer Steve wrote:
When something new comes out why do some people scream "NERT IT, ITS OP" instead of trying to find a game mechanic that will beat it.

I must be on the wrong forum, this isnt eve, this is WOW in space.

He posts like a WoW player so he probably is one.
pvp is not about 1v1, never will be.

Really?
If you like to gank people (who doesnt?) and dont have the balls to make some solo sometimes thats your problem.
But some people like it, thank's to respect them.

And im not a Wow player, at all.

Hope someone will find drugs against stupidity, it seems to be contagious.

If you are looking for internet e-honourable fights and bushido/whatever aikido warrior honour code of war, then you play the wrong game.
Choose your fights and when you loose, suck it up man up, try to understand what you did or didn't who lead to your defeat. This is a PVP space ship game promoting group actions and large fleet fights, like it or not, it's the way it is. Deal with it.

Thats what i already do, but ty...

That till doesnt explain why a new module should make older ones useless.
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-07-04 21:44:39 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Kilabi wrote:
Klown Walk wrote:
Internet Lawyer Steve wrote:
When something new comes out why do some people scream "NERT IT, ITS OP" instead of trying to find a game mechanic that will beat it.

I must be on the wrong forum, this isnt eve, this is WOW in space.

He posts like a WoW player so he probably is one.
pvp is not about 1v1, never will be.

Really?
If you like to gank people (who doesnt?) and dont have the balls to make some solo sometimes thats your problem.
But some people like it, thank's to respect them.

And im not a Wow player, at all.

Hope someone will find drugs against stupidity, it seems to be contagious.

If you are looking for internet e-honourable fights and bushido/whatever aikido warrior honour code of war, then you play the wrong game.
Choose your fights and when you loose, suck it up man up, try to understand what you did or didn't who lead to your defeat. This is a PVP space ship game promoting group actions and large fleet fights, like it or not, it's the way it is. Deal with it.

Thats what i already do, but ty...

That till doesnt explain why a new module should make older ones useless.

They aren't useless
Any cap-stable active tank of sufficient strength will beat an ASB fit in a 1v1,

Not that 1v1's happen
evar

Maybe if you think having more people isn't a 'valid game mechanic' you should be playing a SINGLEPLAYER sci-fi game?
Maybe one not marketed on the basis of epic fleet battles with hundreds of ships?

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2012-07-04 22:06:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
I dont know what to do about you, really.
I could prove you that any ASB fit would beat any regular T2 active shield tank on sisi if you want. Even if as you said may be this fight wont happend.

May be it could proove you that ASB is far better than regular shield tanks...
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#84 - 2012-07-04 23:04:31 UTC
Halete wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Doing it wrong.

He had charges left in his cargo, you're not supposed to shoot at an ancil fit if the DPS would overwhelm the rate the boosters can cycle.

Welp, looks more like a guys shooting his alt ship or some afk one and claim "godness e-peen", even a blind guy can see this km is a fluke.

Of course its a fluke, guy didn't even shoot back. I would say he was afk but he started moving at one point, so I really have no idea what he was doing Big smile

I was just posting it to troll OP, and because its vaguely amusing P

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-07-05 08:27:00 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
I dont know what to do about you, really.
I could prove you that any ASB fit would beat any regular T2 active shield tank on sisi if you want. Even if as you said may be this fight wont happend.

May be it could proove you that ASB is far better than regular shield tanks...

Feel free to mail me in game and we'll set it up.

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Alexis Du'Volle
Terpalen Trading Corporation
#86 - 2012-07-05 09:07:33 UTC
Anyone else think OP lost his shinies to an ASB Cyclone?
Nikolai-Dante
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-07-05 09:11:23 UTC
To the op
Stop crying.......if you cant beat them , join them !...........or uninstall.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#88 - 2012-07-05 10:06:43 UTC
Yeah, an active tank is now better than a buffer tank for solo. Crazy thing ! But that's what it should have always been in fact... So yes, standard active tank should be buffed to be on par with ASB. Capacitor active tank should be the counter to ASB. Capacitor active tank are not effective enough right now because you need all your slot to achieve the effectiveness of the ASB.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#89 - 2012-07-05 10:19:11 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Yeah, an active tank is now better than a buffer tank for solo. Crazy thing ! But that's what it should have always been in fact... So yes, standard active tank should be buffed to be on par with ASB. Capacitor active tank should be the counter to ASB. Capacitor active tank are not effective enough right now because you need all your slot to achieve the effectiveness of the ASB.

Please no, stop talking about active tanking and capacitor because I get little bit upset about my active armor reps Lol

brb

Arnst Atram
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2012-07-05 12:01:36 UTC
The only one even worth using the the XL, the rest are tremendously bad unless you have 5 or more Mids, and if you have that many mids your ship is big enough to fit an XL anyway (Or you're flying a Caracal for some reason).
As far as I'm concerned it's nice to have more options than "Armour brick tank" and "Kitey nano shield crap". Huzzah for diversity.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#91 - 2012-07-05 12:42:02 UTC
tl;dr:

Rock beats scissors every time! Nerf the rock!

(/ignore paper)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#92 - 2012-07-05 14:47:33 UTC
To hell with nerfing them, I want an armour tanking one!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Doddy
Excidium.
#93 - 2012-07-05 16:30:42 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Can you quantify how overpowered they are compared to buffer/logi tanking? I don't think that anyone could, with a straight face, deny that active tanking is horribly underpowered compared to buffered.

Sorry, sir, but I'd quite like you to remove your underpants from your head. You surely must be insane? I have experience flying both buffer and active and, quite frankly, active is so much better than buffer. Unless you're flying in a blobfleet, but that's a different story.

You should listen to malcanis, he knows much better than you Unless you consider 5-10 people a "blobfleet" buffer + logis are still far more powerful than actives. Anc boosters are for solo/paired ownage, bait etc

Also people in this thread do post some nonsense. Dual anc nerfs fits hard, its a trade off. Not fitting cap boosters just leaves you neuted out with no hardeners on unable to hold points on stuff thanks to the endemic neuts (less of an issue on things like sleipnirs thanks to native resists/projectile weapons).
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-07-07 16:50:59 UTC
Okay guys, i bet that AT X winning team will be ASB tanked Roll! Who takes bets? ^^

Copine Callmeknau, i sent you a pm.
Taurich Vorsel
#95 - 2012-07-07 17:14:29 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Copine Callmeknau, i sent you a pm.

Yeh that's cool, suits me well anyway as I'm at 12gb of my 15gb internet cap and I've got to stretch the remainder out until the 23'rd. SiSi patches tend to be bulky
I think I read something on the SiSi forums about character activations being fast tracked or something though, I think the next mirror is a long way away.

I'd have replied in a PM but forgot you could do that out of game until I'd already typed this heh, now I can't be bothered to change back to my main ^^

Copine Callmeknau disappeared one day now we are left with Taurich Vorsel AKA BIZARRO COPE!

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2012-07-08 12:38:29 UTC
More to the point of these "sleeper derived technologies" is why don't they require sleeper tech to build or why don't they drop from sleepers killed?

Don't ban me, bro!

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#97 - 2012-07-08 13:30:14 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
More to the point of these "sleeper derived technologies" is why don't they require sleeper tech to build or why don't they drop from sleepers killed?

Because you guys are richer enough.

brb