These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's with the casual Anti Semitism

First post
Author
Dave stark
#41 - 2012-06-26 09:31:19 UTC
oh look, some one mentioned a religion, MUST BE A RACIST!
Kehro Urgus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-06-26 09:32:53 UTC
I heard Borat plays Eve.

Yeeee! 

Patrakele
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-06-26 09:40:16 UTC
So you want more attention? What you think your special? Questionable mentions of other ethnic and religious groups is ok, but this one is a no-no?
Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#44 - 2012-06-26 09:49:30 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Morganta wrote:
you in a 1 man wh corp?

all I ever see is jew-this and jew-that player names with jew, corp names with jew, bios

you must live under a rock

Sorry, my rock is located in the Gaza strip...

LIES!

All rocks in the gaza strip have been removed by the IDF to prevent palestinian terrorists from using them.
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#45 - 2012-06-26 09:59:39 UTC
Pantson Head wrote:
In this game? Why the hell do I see the word jew used as a prejoritive here more than anywhere else, without anyone speaking up in channels when it happens?
I used to see Goons as loveable scamps but the term they came up with for their cabal and used repeatedly in the self congratulation thread was just sickening. And it just gets snipped? Is it really not a big deal with anyone?

Are you jewish?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#46 - 2012-06-26 10:21:11 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Pantson Head wrote:
In this game? Why the hell do I see the word jew used as a prejoritive here more than anywhere else, without anyone speaking up in channels when it happens?
I used to see Goons as loveable scamps but the term they came up with for their cabal and used repeatedly in the self congratulation thread was just sickening. And it just gets snipped? Is it really not a big deal with anyone?

Are you jewish?

We are all if we play EVE, so your question answers itself.
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#47 - 2012-06-26 10:23:31 UTC
I see players with 'Jesus' as their first name. This does not offend me at all.
It is a very common name in use for males in Portugal.

I see players with 'Koran' and 'Mohammed' in their names. Why should this offend anyone ?

I see the word 'Jew' used as a noun, adjective, invective verb and other flavours in the English language. If you take umbridge or feel insulted about this, then I urge you to reconsider what you are actually upset about. It's a word - you as an individual put whatever meaning you wish behind it. If it offends you, you have lost at the game of life, nevermind Eve.

It is no wonder that intelligent Aliens from other worlds (not bent on destroying us), give this planet a wide berth in their travels.

We have not matured as human beings. Hatred, religion, superstitions, wars, greed. The list goes on.

Eve is a mirror, how can anyone realistically expect it to be anything else ?

Political correctness is the bane of humanity. Get over word-use, get over being so sensitive. Grow.

I call a spade a spade and a Jew is a Jew, nothing more and nothing less. My Rabbi friend would be insulted if I did not tell him daily that he was a Jew. Be proud of being a jew and when you see the word being thrown about so freely and carelessly, laugh, because you know from whence you came.

That, or don't post in GD expecting mercy.

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#48 - 2012-06-26 10:30:33 UTC
If the word 'jew' is bad, why isn't it censored?

Blame CCP's moderators.

Nyan

Pisov viet
Perkone
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-06-26 10:39:04 UTC
As an ashkenazi jew myself, I am deeply offended that some people like OP consider "jew" as an insult. He is probably antisemitic himself, and I really dont see why I cant enjoy the game without having to deal with the plague of our history.

I will not stand to see my heritage spat upon by some petty forum-neonazis. Antisemitism is a crime in many country, and for good reasons. If the moderation was really doing their job, this "pantson head" and all his alts would have been banned long ago for spreading such hate speech.
Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#50 - 2012-06-26 10:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuehnelt
This thread hasn't died yet? Then allow me to explain why the Goons' use of 'Jew' is so offensive:

See, Jews are famously bad at making money. It's like, if you put all the Jews in the world on an island, you'd have another Haiti and all the world's NGOs couldn't squeeze any prosperity out of it. We sort of already have this with Israel: at night, satellite pictures show it as just a dark void, completely surrounded by the bright lights of its far richer neighbors. If you flew over it at night, you'd be surprised that anyone actually lives in the darkness below. Finally -- I really don't want to go on with this highly sensitive stuff -- Jewish-Americans are famously settled on the bottom rungs of achievement when compared against other ethnic groups, by any measure you want to use. It's one the small tragedies of the modern world, really. In America, in 2012, the average Jewish family only has a few thousand dollars in savings, and they are grossly underrepresented in secondary student populations and high-paying jobs.

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings or to say anything bad about Jewish people. It's just how things are right now, and IMHO the best way to correct things you don't like is to understand exactly how they are right now, so that you know where to focus efforts.

So, back to 'jewbal' and 'jewing': the Goons are mocking Jewish underachievement, making light of it, just like The Mittani made light of that poor guy's problems. They must be stopped! It's an extremely hurtful thing, to highlight what a people are bad at. Next thing you know they'll be calling people 'Kenyans' because they're so good at running away, in mockery of world efforts to get the morbidly obese of that country (no offense) to get some exercise in.

I know I touched on some sensitive topics here, but I hope I contributed to the thread, and did something to support the OP's complaint.
Dave stark
#51 - 2012-06-26 10:52:28 UTC
Kuehnelt wrote:
This thread hasn't died yet? Then allow me to explain why the Goons' use of 'Jew' is so offensive:

See, Jews are famously bad at making money. It's like, if you put all the Jews in the world on an island, you'd have another Haiti and all the world's NGOs couldn't squeeze any prosperity out of it. We sort of already have this with Israel: at night, satellite pictures show it as just a dark void, completely surrounded by the bright lights of its far richer neighbors. If you flew over it at night, you'd be surprised that anyone actually lives in the darkness below. Finally -- I really don't want to go on with this highly sensitive stuff -- Jewish-Americans are famously settled on the bottom rungs of achievement when compared against other ethnic groups, by any measure you want to use. It's one the small tragedies of the modern world, really. In America, in 2012, the average Jewish family only has a few thousand dollars in savings, and they are grossly underrepresented in secondary student populations and high-paying jobs.

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings or to say anything bad about Jewish people. It's just how things are right now, and IMHO the best way to correct things you don't like is to understand exactly how they are right now, so that you know where to focus efforts.

So, back to 'jewbal' and 'jewing': the Goons are mocking Jewish underachievement, making light of it, just like The Mittani made light of that poor guy's problems. They must be stopped! It's an extremely hurtful thing, to highlight what a people are bad at. Next thing you know they'll be calling people 'Kenyans' because they're so good at running away, in mockery of world efforts to get the morbidly obese of that country (no offense) to get some exercise in.

I know I touched on some sensitive topics here, but I hope I contributed to the thread, and did something to support the OP's complaint.

10/10. would read again.
Signal11th
#52 - 2012-06-26 10:52:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Blimey it's not like they killed anyone is it....

If people wanted to call me a stuffy reserved limey hon key I'm really not going to get offended by it. it's not the words it's they way they are mean't when there are said.

It seems some people have nothing better to do than wait for the next "outrage" convoy departing.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Elena Melkan
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2012-06-26 10:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Melkan
By the looks of this thread, non-Jewish people are more offended than the actual Jewish people. Roll

There are lots of jokes and sayings about different nationalities, religions and ethnic groups. Americans, Russians, Germans, French, Aussies, Irish... Muslims, Christians... etc, etc. They are jokes, and not meant to offend anyone, you don't really take them literally or seriously.
Dave stark
#54 - 2012-06-26 11:01:18 UTC
Elena Melkan wrote:
By the looks of this thread, non-Jewish people are more offended than the actual Jewish people. Roll

some people just like to be offended for the sake of being offended. it gives them some thing to cry about.
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-06-26 11:09:04 UTC
In a game where the ~supreme white race~ keeps dark skinned slaves, you'd think the player base would have slightly thicker skin.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Dave stark
#56 - 2012-06-26 11:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
actually, this whole thread reminds me of that picture on tumblr that went around.... black athlete with "niger" written on their top. naturally holier than thou types were all "you can't put that on their top" to which they found the reply that it was indeed, an athlete from the country niger.

edit: This picture.
Christopher Dulson
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-06-26 11:23:04 UTC
(Karn Dulake stand in here)

I'm a Jew and i'd just like to say Israel and circumcision.

Also id like to say. Jew McJew Jewey Jew Jew.

Everyone gets trolled here and Jews get off lightly.

Consider how much junk Americans gets get dumped on them. Or English or the rest of the Eurotrash and they never complain

Start a jew baiting thread and i will troll you, your mother and all your mothers lovers into the ground.

Here is my POS for your entertainment. Its has no defences as its protected by Shyster Lawyers.
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2012-06-26 11:26:55 UTC
I should create the same topic about people from Belgium.

IT IS SO UNFAIR!
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#59 - 2012-06-26 11:30:31 UTC
Adeleda Adoudel wrote:
Only time I see Jew used is when people are whoring isk. Its not in an offensive way. Just hanging onto old stereotypes.

Well, the same way someone can associate whatever ethnic to some other stereotype and think the same way but the problem comes when it's yours that is mocked and the only ones thinking it's funy are the dumb ones.

You know like GI Joes associated with civil bombing or English one associated with Irish civils assassinations etc, it's really not funny at all but for the dumb running their mouth. It's probably the easiest bullying behaviour and needs to get stop

brb

The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-06-26 11:32:41 UTC
Adeleda Adoudel wrote:
Only time I see Jew used is when people are whoring isk. Its not in an offensive way. Just hanging onto old stereotypes.

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've read this week.