These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's with the casual Anti Semitism

First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2012-06-27 07:49:13 UTC
I'm going to just call you all bad posters and it will be considered a racial slur because it's calling people names you see

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2012-06-27 07:53:35 UTC
and we can't have people calling other people names that wouldn't be politically correct and in PC land we're all so much better people because we never say bad things but we still think them, but since we don't say them we can pretend we don't hurt anyone even though actions speak louder than words

RIP Vile Rat

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#203 - 2012-06-27 08:04:41 UTC
But you see Lord Zim, what people call you in PC and out of honest, is the same word.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#204 - 2012-06-27 08:09:04 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
But you see Lord Zim, what people call you in PC and out of honest, is the same word.

Because people with psychotic tendencies in EVE, must have them when they are logged off as well.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Morgorathi
Euaemon
#205 - 2012-06-27 08:10:47 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
:words:

DNA this. DNA That.

DNA put on his hat. DNA tripped on the mat.
The rain dripped on the corrugated tin roof. tip-tat-tip-tat

When did Crime & Punishment become the mercenary employment board?

Tug McLub
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#206 - 2012-06-27 08:12:00 UTC
They once said there was safety in numbers....
tell that to 6 million jews....
David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2012-06-27 08:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: David Toviyah
Signal11th wrote:
Humm I was quoting for comedic effect not historical fact, serious much???
You made a shitty joke based on your own misconceptions and we called you out on it. Face that instead of trying to weasel out of it.
Morgorathi
Euaemon
#208 - 2012-06-27 08:14:05 UTC
Tug McLub wrote:
They once said there was safety in numbers....
tell that to 6 million jews....

ehhh... jury is still out on that.

When did Crime & Punishment become the mercenary employment board?

Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#209 - 2012-06-27 08:43:56 UTC
I still think you guys are missing what's really important here.

Laaaaaaaazers.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#210 - 2012-06-27 08:46:57 UTC
**** your lasers, I rock big metal slugs.

RIP Vile Rat

Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#211 - 2012-06-27 08:51:20 UTC
heal the world make it a better place
Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#212 - 2012-06-27 08:53:00 UTC
Sorry, sorry.

"Lazers" *

My point being, why is there even a debate about this? Who cares? Screaming blindly at the forums is gonna do nothing for you, cept perpetuate a continual arguement, that really ends up being about semantics and ad hominen attacks. When what is really, really gonna bring you satisfaction? Find the dude you don't agree with and make him a crispy space critter.

*Lazers may be many things.

Dave stark
#213 - 2012-06-27 08:53:19 UTC
David Toviyah wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
You made a shitty joke based on your own misconceptions and were called out on it. Face that instead of trying to weasel out of it.

they aren't being called out on it at all, there's just a thread about being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt even though the remark causing butthurt probably isn't even relevant to them.

tl;dr too much unnecessary butthurt.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#214 - 2012-06-27 08:59:16 UTC
Maybe they're in delve, and they're just preparing themselves for the incoming butthurt.

RIP Vile Rat

David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2012-06-27 09:00:56 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
You made a shitty joke based on your own misconceptions and were called out on it. Face that instead of trying to weasel out of it.

they aren't being called out on it at all, there's just a thread about being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt even though the remark causing butthurt probably isn't even relevant to them.

Sorry, I just suck at spelling. What I meant to write was “and we called you out on it”. My bad, it’s fixed now.
Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#216 - 2012-06-27 09:03:13 UTC
David Toviyah wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

Sorry, I just suck at spelling. What I meant to write was “and we called you out on it”. My bad, it’s fixed now.

Yes, shame on you. I demand you pod yourself in atonement for this failure in honor.
Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#217 - 2012-06-27 09:20:23 UTC
So is this thread really about the massive bailouts the galactic banks have received in face of really bad investments and shady practices?
Signal11th
#218 - 2012-06-27 09:44:08 UTC
David Toviyah wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

Why would I need to weasel out of a post that just says "Jews being persecuted over stuff that never happened is ridiculous"

Dude you need to chill.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

RAW23
#219 - 2012-06-27 11:10:46 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
and we can't have people calling other people names that wouldn't be politically correct and in PC land we're all so much better people because we never say bad things but we still think them, but since we don't say them we can pretend we don't hurt anyone even though actions speak louder than words

It's not about being politically correct. It's about not being a ****.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2012-06-27 11:19:32 UTC  |  Edited by: David Toviyah
Signal11th wrote:
Why would I need to weasel out of a post that just says "Jews being persecuted over stuff that never happened is ridiculous"

Dude you need to chill.
You made a “joke” which has no basis in reality. But as soon we informed you of this you immediately started back-paddling and making up for the lack of facts by claiming that you did it for the lulz when everyone else knows that you are simply misinformed and not very well versed in the history of the persecution of Jews.

Frying Doom wrote:
Everyone else may think there funny even members of the community being made fun of but some people will be offended [...]
No matter what you do, there will always be “some people” who are offended. In fact, I am offended by the lack of racial slurs in your post. Rectify this immediately or I will call for your expulsion, you jew!