These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

It's Meme-time again, sandbox style.

Author
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#21 - 2012-06-25 17:35:08 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
Some Eve players believe that Eve is their own private sandbox.
Allusions to grandeur is the after-effect of thinking you own Nullsec.
Non-consensual pvp is not a logical word.
Deny it all you want, pvp is essential for the survival of Eve.
Breaking the EULA rules does not mean you win at Eve.
Overreaction is the cause of much shiptoasting.
X-ray vision is sometimes required to decode some forum posts.

Come on, you know you can, you know you want to. It has to relate to Eve. Blink



Several
Annoying
Nerds
Dying
Because
Of
X-falcon

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#22 - 2012-06-25 17:42:08 UTC
Comedy
Central
Productions

Have
Fun

TwistedEvilBig smile

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-06-25 20:23:07 UTC
_Everybody
EvEntually
_Exterminates
_r
_y
_b
_or
_dies
_yammering


Am i doing it right ?
Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#24 - 2012-06-25 21:25:05 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
_Everybody
EvEntually
_Exterminates
_r
_y
_b
_or
_dies
_yammering


Am i doing it right ?


No.


My personal pet peeve is "balance".

It usually means: "I want it changed so I always win with no effort on my part".
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Blobber NL
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-06-25 21:28:27 UTC
Kyle Ward wrote:
I'm beginning to hate the word 'Sandbox' almost as much as the phrase 'Risk vs Reward'...



everybody loves boxes full of sand... making spaceships structures!
Mons Pubis Giganticus
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-06-26 00:51:03 UTC
who doesn't love memes? how about lining up all the locks so they forever move in a giant wall of locks, slowly sinking to the bottom of the forums?
Malacath Azaria
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-06-26 00:52:37 UTC
IB4TS

Props to whoever came up with this.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#28 - 2012-06-26 00:54:20 UTC
Somebody once
Told me th
E world was gon
Na owe me, I ain't the
Sharpest tool in the
Shed. She was lo
Oking Kinda dumb with her fi
Nger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#29 - 2012-06-26 08:11:20 UTC
This type of ship is often feared when seen by
Highsec miners because ganking is
Often the cause of a great many hate threads.
Rants and raves are written by many a miner
And there are often calls to CCP to buff
X-humers to slow the rate of ship losses.

Some poetic licence at the end there, so sue me P
Alexzandvar Douglass
Whole Squid
#30 - 2012-06-26 08:18:33 UTC
Christopher Dulson
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-06-26 09:19:25 UTC
Here is your goddam sandbox and what i think of it. (send no isk please. i have enough for my needs)
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#32 - 2012-06-26 10:00:10 UTC
Despite the lack of Eve content in many posts
Unchecked, such posts swarm the forums, polluting them with drivel.
Left as such, intervention is required which makes for more
Simple and direct relevance to all that is Eve.
On occassion though, some humour is thrown in and that lifts the
Night and behold, we have a decent depiction of a Sandbox and it's master!

Serena Serene
Heretic University
#33 - 2012-06-26 10:41:56 UTC
I Still Don't Like If Kestrels Explode Suddenly Leaving Only Cruelly Kindled Sadness.
Vito Antonio
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-06-26 10:50:44 UTC
My Raven was equipped with the following:

HIGH
06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I
01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1
01 x SALVAGER I

MEDIUM
04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS
01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM
01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER

LOW
01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL
01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I
01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I
02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I

DRONES
02 x WARRIOR I DRONES
03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES

UPGRADES
01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I
01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-06-26 10:54:53 UTC
Vito Antonio wrote:
My Raven was equipped with the following:

HIGH
06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I
01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1
01 x SALVAGER I

MEDIUM
04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS
01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM
01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER

LOW
01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL
01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I
01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I
02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I

DRONES
02 x WARRIOR I DRONES
03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES

UPGRADES
01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I
01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I


Awesome,

Looks like an easy kill for my Phobos.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#36 - 2012-06-26 11:10:58 UTC
Caution should be used when intimating harshness of
Legitimate concerns raised by those
Eve players who also dedicate themselves to
Vexxing problems and questions raised by
Eve players when they require assitance and
Restitution of lost goods and indeed, their pride.
Mons Pubis Giganticus
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-06-26 19:51:39 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
Despite the lack of Eve content in many posts
Unchecked, such posts swarm the forums, polluting them with drivel.
Left as such, intervention is required which makes for more
Simple and direct relevance to all that is Eve.
On occassion though, some humour is thrown in and that lifts the
Night and behold, we have a decent depiction of a Sandbox and it's master!


look at you using the first letters to spell a name. how clever. the mods won't notice it
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#38 - 2012-06-27 08:31:53 UTC
Mons Pubis Giganticus wrote:
Thorn Galen wrote:
Despite the lack of Eve content in many posts
Unchecked, such posts swarm the forums, polluting them with drivel.
Left as such, intervention is required which makes for more
Simple and direct relevance to all that is Eve.
On occassion though, some humour is thrown in and that lifts the
Night and behold, we have a decent depiction of a Sandbox and it's master!


look at you using the first letters to spell a name. how clever. the mods won't notice it


Cleverness is Eve is a very basic survival instinct.
Others may argue and say that the only survival instinct you
Need in Eve is to have guns and armor, point and shoot.
Fine if you want to get the occassional kill, however
In reality, you need more than just "rage rage, shoot"
Remember too that this thread is about Meme's and Eve, not about your concern about
Mods noticing or not noticing this thread. It is good fun and different from the
Effluent which has been a daily diet in these forums of late.
Don't worry though, even with a name like yours, Eve can still be great fun.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#39 - 2012-06-27 13:33:05 UTC
CCP, this is a plea, a callout to thee!
Over many days, weeks and months, this has bothered me.
Succor is called for by many of Eve,
Mostly by those who run the Cosmos tree.
Over and over, with oft-times glee.
Some of the missions become dead-end failures

Never one to really moan and complain,
Eve is afterall, just a game ?
Elevate the code which these missions demand.
Delve into knowledge and your coding charm,
Solve the dilemma which causes this harm.

Leaving things be in this case here said,
Opens old wounds and new one's - uncared.
Verilly DEV's I plead with you all,
Eve is such poorer with COSMOS so stalled.
Previous page12