These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Inferno 1.1 feedback thread

First post
Author
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#461 - 2012-07-11 05:37:05 UTC
I am really happy to see that the company is listening to the Test forum feedback threads, the Dev blog threads and various other threads scattered around the eve online forums about how well they have implemented the newest Inventory system. Its really heartening to see a company take so much interest in what the player base has to say about the changes that they make to the game and how well they listen to the players about how the changes they propose will change the game.

Its great to see that high level developers read and respond in the appropriate threads about their own specific projects and continue to interact with the community to adapt the game mechanics to cover exploitative behavior and close loopholes before they become problems in the non test game server.

I am not aware of any company that would take so much stock in what their player base has to say about User interface mechanics and how they could best be changed to serve the maximum amount of players before they moved it off the testing server which they have provided for that expressed purpose.

Or any company that tries harder to resolve buggy or inconsistent programming issues before they release for general public use. Many companies would force it through to fit their release schedule despite massive issues already publicly detailed by the volunteer beta testers. Exploitative behavior outlined by beta testers never gets through to the release version simply because of the vigilance of the Employees slated to review the feedback threads provided by the company for the purpose of finding exploitative or otherwise unwanted mechanics uses.

The Developers have even gone so far as to ask the communities perspective on proposed changes before they are even available of testing, nee` before they are even fully written in code to be tested. And its even nicer to see that a public debate can change a developers mind about how to implement a bit of code. Especially when they have asked if it is the right answer to the question they are attempting to fix.

One day this could be you!
Damn CCP you had such a chance here. What happened?

I think i just bitter vet'ed all over myself.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Mini Mizer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#462 - 2012-07-11 06:56:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Mini Mizer
words fail

where is a link of the old drake model.
it couldn't possibly have looked this bad before.

arg
shado20
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#463 - 2012-07-11 08:21:46 UTC
CCP
the bad still drastically outweighs the good on this UI
please fix this piece of crap

if your still needing to understand how to fix it, look at the old system, and all the ways you open windows, and how they interacted with the game, AND MAKE THIS UI DO THAT!
the tree is crap! so if i push the button to hide the tree, i should be able to use the UI without ever see that ******** tree idea again!
the bottom border is WAY to big!
the top border has way to much wasted space!
when using the ******** tree, i go to move an item from the right window to a tree item, IT KEEPS CHANGING THE HANGER I WAS JUST IN TO WHAT I HAVE THE ITEM HOVERING OVER. STOP THIS!
why is MY assets, MY ships, MY ships fuel, corp, ship, and ore bays in the same window with the CORPs many hangers, the CORP deliveries, in the same window with the POS tower and the POS guns and the POS industry and such. who ever thought this was a good idea, needs shot!

this still pisses me off as its not a "mistake in programming" . its a "mistake in judgment" on the guys calling the shots and the "lack of understanding" how many players who they are programming for play the game! taking all this and adding to the fact that you have had now how long and how many others flame on how you need to fix it. and you for the most part, in my opinion, have fixed nothing!
Krystyn
Serenity Rising LLC
#464 - 2012-07-11 10:40:04 UTC
Ad'Hakim Tahous wrote:
Edward Perry wrote:
Just letting my 2 cents be heard too.


CPP - This tree system is really messy.

* It is unpredictable on how it works,
* It does not allow for quick access
* It hijacks other cargo views
* When click and dragging. between tree levels it switches to the new location and I have to find where I was again.


The Filter Idea is interesting but because of how convoluted this tree system is, I will never use it.

I know that someone worked hard on this, and managers approved it. So there is probably a lot of support for this new idea. But you really need to listen to us players.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKES PUT BACK THE OLD SYSTEM.



We're stuck with the new code. Fixes will occur as CCP gets around to it. Significant lag still remains at POS when moving containers to/from cargo & arrays. All criticism listed above confirmed. Filters of little utility, and estimated cargo value is useless. Enable/Disable cargo value requested. Reduction of useless borders requested. Possibility to further reduce window size from current minimums requested.

Was awful when introduced, marginally improved after god-only-knows how many patches. Losing any sense of optimism that this will ever be revisited/improved/fixed.

Bad job all around CCP.


Well then let's stick CCP with unsubs...we are three months into this mess and they still haven't fixed the simple right click menus yet. Something is seriously wrong here, but my accounts are coming closer to running out with no chance of a re up until we have the same level of functionality back as we did with the old inventory. So in other words. Look for me in Final Fantasy 14 or back in everquest on the drinal server...
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#465 - 2012-07-12 02:26:09 UTC
Just hopped into my broadsword for the first time since the Minnie V3 nonsense... Looks like some kid rubbed charcoal all over the ship and then tried to wipe clean some parts. That is not a compliment.

Do not take this as an insult (well, maybe you should), but you guys (CCP) spent money and resources on these Minmatar asset revisions?

All graphical settings turned on high to appreciate *cough* the bling.

Win7 64-bit, fully patched
nVidia GTX 560 Ti, latest driver.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Challu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#466 - 2012-07-12 06:27:34 UTC
Hakaru Ishiwara wrote:
Just hopped into my broadsword for the first time since the Minnie V3 nonsense... Looks like some kid rubbed charcoal all over the ship and then tried to wipe clean some parts. That is not a compliment.

Do not take this as an insult (well, maybe you should), but you guys (CCP) spent money and resources on these Minmatar asset revisions?

All graphical settings turned on high to appreciate *cough* the bling.

Win7 64-bit, fully patched
nVidia GTX 560 Ti, latest driver.


Heh, had the same reaction on sitting in my Cheetah since the V3 change. Words fail..
Copper Rei
Copper Corp
Aggressively Passive Bears
#467 - 2012-07-12 07:32:34 UTC
I agree with post #47. Attention

As for feedback on the last patch, I am having issues with the framing of certain inventory boxes defaulting to some small size and having to be resized every time I open them. Mainly the list on the left showing the ship hangar and inventory items.
reggirt
Glacialis Corps
#468 - 2012-07-13 11:48:30 UTC
"All ships have received a firmware upgrade for their external remote cameras, allowing for continued focus on its target area even after the object being viewed is removed or destroyed. This universal change is in direct response to feedback from pilots wishing to spend a few more moments than currently allowed reveling in the returns of a killing blow"
---- Is it me or is this missing from the current release?

Appologies if this is mentioned somewhere else, I couldn't find it.

Do I have to change a setting??... if so I couldn't find that either!!

Lol
Van derGraff
Lost Ark Enterprises
#469 - 2012-07-19 23:26:07 UTC
Inferno,big sukki waste of space.I cant believe we are charged for this crap.Fixes dont! Patches are patchy.Lag is good quality though.
disasteur
disasterous industries
#470 - 2012-07-23 09:29:08 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
I am really happy to see that the company is listening to the Test forum feedback threads, the Dev blog threads and various other threads scattered around the eve online forums about how well they have implemented the newest Inventory system. Its really heartening to see a company take so much interest in what the player base has to say about the changes that they make to the game and how well they listen to the players about how the changes they propose will change the game.

Its great to see that high level developers read and respond in the appropriate threads about their own specific projects and continue to interact with the community to adapt the game mechanics to cover exploitative behavior and close loopholes before they become problems in the non test game server.

I am not aware of any company that would take so much stock in what their player base has to say about User interface mechanics and how they could best be changed to serve the maximum amount of players before they moved it off the testing server which they have provided for that expressed purpose.

Or any company that tries harder to resolve buggy or inconsistent programming issues before they release for general public use. Many companies would force it through to fit their release schedule despite massive issues already publicly detailed by the volunteer beta testers. Exploitative behavior outlined by beta testers never gets through to the release version simply because of the vigilance of the Employees slated to review the feedback threads provided by the company for the purpose of finding exploitative or otherwise unwanted mechanics uses.

The Developers have even gone so far as to ask the communities perspective on proposed changes before they are even available of testing, nee` before they are even fully written in code to be tested. And its even nicer to see that a public debate can change a developers mind about how to implement a bit of code. Especially when they have asked if it is the right answer to the question they are attempting to fix.

One day this could be you!
Damn CCP you had such a chance here. What happened?

I think i just bitter vet'ed all over myself.

this is worth a like.... altough i do not believe this story could ever be about CCP hehehe
Edward Perry
Signs of Life
#471 - 2012-07-30 22:55:10 UTC
Ad'Hakim Tahous wrote:
Edward Perry wrote:
Just letting my 2 cents be heard too.


CPP - This tree system is really messy.

* It is unpredictable on how it works,
* It does not allow for quick access
* It hijacks other cargo views
* When click and dragging. between tree levels it switches to the new location and I have to find where I was again.


The Filter Idea is interesting but because of how convoluted this tree system is, I will never use it.

I know that someone worked hard on this, and managers approved it. So there is probably a lot of support for this new idea. But you really need to listen to us players.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKES PUT BACK THE OLD SYSTEM.



We're stuck with the new code. Fixes will occur as CCP gets around to it. Significant lag still remains at POS when moving containers to/from cargo & arrays. All criticism listed above confirmed. Filters of little utility, and estimated cargo value is useless. Enable/Disable cargo value requested. Reduction of useless borders requested. Possibility to further reduce window size from current minimums requested.

Was awful when introduced, marginally improved after god-only-knows how many patches. Losing any sense of optimism that this will ever be revisited/improved/fixed.

Bad job all around CCP.


It is possible to fix many of the complaints while keeping the newer orginization

1. Just put the icons back on the left side.
2. when using these icons don't show the tree or filter (Except a little icon on the very top) like they do now.
3. Optimize all the dead space that has cluttered the interface. Like the isk value and numbers slected. There is plenty of room at the top to merge that too. Or hey just give me a display preference.
4. This can all be billed as a feature enhancement of "Classic Cargo View" all done without throwing out all their programming work.

See programming is easy with a specification. :)

Btw, I do like the idea of the filter just please keep it minimized if I minimize it.

Jared Tobin
Bloodstone Industries
B.S.I.
#472 - 2012-07-31 22:21:57 UTC
Aside from the myriad of issues I've posted...

The following are strictly along the "feedback" realm:

- RED=CORPORATION ? : Why are you using a WHITE STAR ENCIRCLED WITH RED for Corporate hangars? At quick glance, that looks like a rounded "War Target".
Inherently, most non-colorblind humans respond to red with "caution", "problem" and "danger". CCP recognized this when applying color coding toward "good" versus "bad" since EVE's creation. Used example: In many years of EVE, a RED CIRCLE/SQUARE with a WHITE STAR has always correlated to "war targets". This does NOT RELATE to the commonly EVE-ESTABLISHED use of GREEN (with WHITE STAR) associated with Corporation likenesses (i.e., members, ships, etc). Please change it to green for a more "unified" feeling (the goal I believe EVE has been attempting to "unify").

- COMMA (IN)CONSISTENCY: If you are going to use commas (",") as separators for numerical quantities and money, why is it not UNIFORMLY APPLIED to all aspects of EVE? Example: When VIEWING a BLUEPRINT's "Materials" and comparing it to "Materials" IN A HANGAR, the hangar USES commas, but all BLUEPRINT "Materials" listings show full numbers of items WITHOUT COMMAS. This makes it difficult when trying to visually work with/compare large amounts for ships/items to build.

- ROW SEPARATION LINES: When in "LIST" mode of ANY "UNIFIED UI" windows, the ROWS are 10% opaque lines. Compare that to the very clearly seen row lines in Market, Science/Industry Labs, and POS UI, and you'll see how difficult it is to visually work with LISTED items in hangars/containers.

- ESTIMATED PRICE (AND MOUSEOVERS): Please make this OPTIONAL. Any user viewing everything by "LIST MODE (no icons), the insistant "Est. Price/Value" POP-UP windows are BLOCKING up to 3 rows of important information wherever the mouse happens to be. It's even more frustrating since you barely have any visible ROW SEPARATION LINES.

- EST. VALUE OF WINDOWS: Please also make this optional. It is usually 50% wrong economicly, useless to those of us who specialize in the EVE Market Economics, and it would free up som screen real estate.

- BACK BUTTON: Please make a "go back" option in a window if something changed (or was hovered over for too long) so that we can go back to what we had been looking at instead of opening the tree, finding what was open, open it and resize the window... again.


Thank you in advance for listening to susinct feedback. I hope this makes it to someone who can identify the importance of these problems that could be solved and also help assist in your "unification" of the game's operation and functionality.
CyrusNZ
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#473 - 2012-08-01 21:35:22 UTC
WTB Square wingy bits back on the Tempest Fleet Issue. Triangles are so mainstream.
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#474 - 2012-08-02 22:41:22 UTC
I just don't understand how CCP Soundwave told us they'd put out a fix every week until this had the same functionality as the old...then everyone went on vacation, and nothing gets patched for almost 2 months?

Oh, and then there was the quote that came from the June 1st CSM meeting....where CCP soundwave said "[The unified inventory] is a feature that people aren't liking and we're just going to throw everything at it until they like it,"....how's that work when everyone who created the aforementioned broken system, who should be doing these 'weekly fixes' and be included in the 'throw everything at it'....take the next two months for vacation?

How can CCP as a company justify granting vacation to someone who has obviously NOT done their job, let alone done it well, and is currently needed to fix the pile of stinking poo they left before they ran off on vacation? I don't know too many companies who operate successfully when following this mindset.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

mjgvjbk
Herrscher der Zeit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#475 - 2012-08-03 09:25:20 UTC
Panhead4411 wrote:
I just don't understand how CCP Soundwave told us they'd put out a fix every week until this had the same functionality as the old...then everyone went on vacation, and nothing gets patched for almost 2 months?

Oh, and then there was the quote that came from the June 1st CSM meeting....where CCP soundwave said "[The unified inventory] is a feature that people aren't liking and we're just going to throw everything at it until they like it,"....how's that work when everyone who created the aforementioned broken system, who should be doing these 'weekly fixes' and be included in the 'throw everything at it'....take the next two months for vacation?

How can CCP as a company justify granting vacation to someone who has obviously NOT done their job, let alone done it well, and is currently needed to fix the pile of stinking poo they left before they ran off on vacation? I don't know too many companies who operate successfully when following this mindset.



Well here is a copy and paste from the CSM meeting

"Two step brought up the Unified Inventory, stating that while most players thought it was better than before, the main issue was still performance."

Look like none of these F-ers can read
Scaugh
Bank Robbers
#476 - 2012-08-03 12:11:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Scaugh
mjgvjbk wrote:
Panhead4411 wrote:
I just don't understand how CCP Soundwave told us they'd put out a fix every week until this had the same functionality as the old...then everyone went on vacation, and nothing gets patched for almost 2 months?

Oh, and then there was the quote that came from the June 1st CSM meeting....where CCP soundwave said "[The unified inventory] is a feature that people aren't liking and we're just going to throw everything at it until they like it,"....how's that work when everyone who created the aforementioned broken system, who should be doing these 'weekly fixes' and be included in the 'throw everything at it'....take the next two months for vacation?

How can CCP as a company justify granting vacation to someone who has obviously NOT done their job, let alone done it well, and is currently needed to fix the pile of stinking poo they left before they ran off on vacation? I don't know too many companies who operate successfully when following this mindset.



Well here is a copy and paste from the CSM meeting

"Two step brought up the Unified Inventory, stating that while most players thought it was better than before, the main issue was still performance."

Look like none of these F-ers can read


This would be funny it is wasn't so true. The Uni. Inv. (as CCP call it) is not a preformance issue. It is unsuited for large scale and I mean large scale container/item use.

My main along with my other accounts (which i've since unsubbed) have quite possible 100+ containers of BPC's in a single station which I bungle into contracts for sale. Unless the BPC icon starts to show the number of runs on it i'm afraid I've no other choice than to have contaiers for each ship type and the number of runs. for example - BPC rifters of 1,5,10 & 30 runs = 4no. containers.

CCP Soundwave has not kept his promise on updating the Uni Ini. till it works.

It is now time to let this account go by the wayside as well i think. Enough of the talking. its actions that they understand.

Edit: Considering V1.2 is about to be released. I'm sure 1.1 feedback will no longer be commented upon.
mjgvjbk
Herrscher der Zeit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#477 - 2012-08-03 21:15:53 UTC
Scaugh wrote:
mjgvjbk wrote:
Panhead4411 wrote:
I just don't understand how CCP Soundwave told us they'd put out a fix every week until this had the same functionality as the old...then everyone went on vacation, and nothing gets patched for almost 2 months?

Oh, and then there was the quote that came from the June 1st CSM meeting....where CCP soundwave said "[The unified inventory] is a feature that people aren't liking and we're just going to throw everything at it until they like it,"....how's that work when everyone who created the aforementioned broken system, who should be doing these 'weekly fixes' and be included in the 'throw everything at it'....take the next two months for vacation?

How can CCP as a company justify granting vacation to someone who has obviously NOT done their job, let alone done it well, and is currently needed to fix the pile of stinking poo they left before they ran off on vacation? I don't know too many companies who operate successfully when following this mindset.



Well here is a copy and paste from the CSM meeting

"Two step brought up the Unified Inventory, stating that while most players thought it was better than before, the main issue was still performance."

Look like none of these F-ers can read


This would be funny it is wasn't so true. The Uni. Inv. (as CCP call it) is not a preformance issue. It is unsuited for large scale and I mean large scale container/item use.

My main along with my other accounts (which i've since unsubbed) have quite possible 100+ containers of BPC's in a single station which I bungle into contracts for sale. Unless the BPC icon starts to show the number of runs on it i'm afraid I've no other choice than to have contaiers for each ship type and the number of runs. for example - BPC rifters of 1,5,10 & 30 runs = 4no. containers.

CCP Soundwave has not kept his promise on updating the Uni Ini. till it works.

It is now time to let this account go by the wayside as well i think. Enough of the talking. its actions that they understand.

Edit: Considering V1.2 is about to be released. I'm sure 1.1 feedback will no longer be commented upon.


I totally agree with you my friend, CCP are in we don't give a **** mood and all CSM are concerned about is keeping there RL names a secret.. Both ccp and csm are all in there little bubbles and only give a frig about what concerns themselves and to hell with everyone else. This will also be my last post as no real point continuing to make posts telling ccp eve is broken as we continue to get lame ass posts from ccp saying, "this bug is working as intended"
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#478 - 2012-09-13 05:18:38 UTC
I still remember this

do you?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.