These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 8: Xenuria Rising "Updated"

First post First post
Author
Xenuria
#41 - 2012-08-08 14:48:44 UTC
Dalmont Delantee wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
I will be updating the OP with more audio logs of my various reasons for running and what a vote for xenuria really means.


Posting to agree that the state of your curtains and the brightness of your room is very important in my voting decision.

Aesthetics say alot about a person, perhaps even more about a candidate.
Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-08-08 19:58:06 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

Aesthetics say alot about a person, perhaps even more about a candidate.


You realise there's videos of you on youtube right ?

Pirate

.

Kithrus
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#43 - 2012-08-08 23:22:48 UTC
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Xenuria
#44 - 2012-08-09 00:42:28 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

LilB told me to start before everybody else. Thank you based god.
Kithrus
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#45 - 2012-08-09 01:13:23 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

LilB told me to start before everybody else. Thank you based god.


So when is the vote?

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Xenuria
#46 - 2012-08-09 01:15:51 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

LilB told me to start before everybody else. Thank you based god.


So when is the vote?

in 2013
Kithrus
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#47 - 2012-08-09 01:18:24 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

LilB told me to start before everybody else. Thank you based god.


So when is the vote?

in 2013


Isn't that I touch early? Would they even be accepting your app?

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Xenuria
#48 - 2012-08-09 01:27:56 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I wasn't paying attention this year because I'm not keen on the candidates and refuse to vote for any of them but isn't the voting long over? I thought these threads would die back in march April where I assumed the voting happened.

LilB told me to start before everybody else. Thank you based god.


So when is the vote?

in 2013


Isn't that I touch early? Would they even be accepting your app?


lilb says its ok.
Americe Zane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-08-12 07:21:00 UTC
Is there a way to see what your views are in a readable format? I don't like listening to audio, as it makes it harder to skim through.

Also, how will you try getting votes from people like me, who think all people going for political power are inherently corrupt?
Xenuria
#50 - 2012-08-12 15:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
Americe Zane wrote:
Is there a way to see what your views are in a readable format? I don't like listening to audio, as it makes it harder to skim through.

Also, how will you try getting votes from people like me, who think all people going for political power are inherently corrupt?

Interesting question.

I would argue that corruption is not a one way condition. Somebody could be corrupt in favor of one thing or another and neither of those things has to be insidious or evil. I will also say that because I am on the autism spectrum it is considerably more difficult to corrupt me and it would probably take a much longer period of time before I became conditioned or biased to anybodies views that did not fit with my own.

You have a valid question but I feel that it's not one that can ever really be answered. (referring to corruption, not how I will get your vote)

I am a social outcast and that is in no small part due to my uncompromising honesty. As somebody with autism I say things like they are and call it like I see it. While I realize once under NDA there is alot I will be unable to share I can say that it's my goal to not let "knowledge" or New information "change" my core platform and system of reasoning. This is a very difficult task for a neuro-typical but not so difficult for an aspie.

Make no mistake, I will change if elected but only in so far as I have more influence and information by which to contribute to my logical decision making process.


I will also write up some short and sweat articles on my platform so that people can read.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#51 - 2012-08-12 19:19:25 UTC
I might just vote for Xen next time. We need more entertainment in our CSM again.
Americe Zane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-08-13 05:43:27 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Americe Zane wrote:
Is there a way to see what your views are in a readable format? I don't like listening to audio, as it makes it harder to skim through.

Also, how will you try getting votes from people like me, who think all people going for political power are inherently corrupt?

Interesting question.

I would argue that corruption is not a one way condition. Somebody could be corrupt in favor of one thing or another and neither of those things has to be insidious or evil. I will also say that because I am on the autism spectrum it is considerably more difficult to corrupt me and it would probably take a much longer period of time before I became conditioned or biased to anybodies views that did not fit with my own.

You have a valid question but I feel that it's not one that can ever really be answered. (referring to corruption, not how I will get your vote)

I am a social outcast and that is in no small part due to my uncompromising honesty. As somebody with autism I say things like they are and call it like I see it. While I realize once under NDA there is alot I will be unable to share I can say that it's my goal to not let "knowledge" or New information "change" my core platform and system of reasoning. This is a very difficult task for a neuro-typical but not so difficult for an aspie.

Make no mistake, I will change if elected but only in so far as I have more influence and information by which to contribute to my logical decision making process.


I will also write up some short and sweat articles on my platform so that people can read.


Don't get me wrong about corruption, it isn't always towards evil. Though corruption is itself bad. I am also very cautious of people claiming to not be easily corruptible (because honestly, who claims they are easily corruptible?).

Honesty and perception should not be confused. You can state something "honestly" and still be wrong. But that is an old argument of what is truth.

As a skeptic, I find it a little alarming that you make a goal of new information and knowledge change your views. Unless I took what you wrote wrong, I see that as someone not able to change their minds when presented with information that contradicts a currently held belief. Someone like that should not be in the business of representing anyone.

I guess it all come down to my reservations on the CSM as a whole being fluff as well as a healthy distrust of people running for any political office.

Pretend for a moment I do decide to vote for CSM (might or might not happen), why would a vote for you be different that a vote for someone else? What will you bring to the CSM, what would you like to change and what do you see as things that are being done right?

I look forward to reading about your position.
Xenuria
#53 - 2012-08-13 14:45:47 UTC
Americe Zane wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Americe Zane wrote:
Is there a way to see what your views are in a readable format? I don't like listening to audio, as it makes it harder to skim through.

Also, how will you try getting votes from people like me, who think all people going for political power are inherently corrupt?

Interesting question.

I would argue that corruption is not a one way condition. Somebody could be corrupt in favor of one thing or another and neither of those things has to be insidious or evil. I will also say that because I am on the autism spectrum it is considerably more difficult to corrupt me and it would probably take a much longer period of time before I became conditioned or biased to anybodies views that did not fit with my own.

You have a valid question but I feel that it's not one that can ever really be answered. (referring to corruption, not how I will get your vote)

I am a social outcast and that is in no small part due to my uncompromising honesty. As somebody with autism I say things like they are and call it like I see it. While I realize once under NDA there is alot I will be unable to share I can say that it's my goal to not let "knowledge" or New information "change" my core platform and system of reasoning. This is a very difficult task for a neuro-typical but not so difficult for an aspie.

Make no mistake, I will change if elected but only in so far as I have more influence and information by which to contribute to my logical decision making process.


I will also write up some short and sweat articles on my platform so that people can read.


Don't get me wrong about corruption, it isn't always towards evil. Though corruption is itself bad. I am also very cautious of people claiming to not be easily corruptible (because honestly, who claims they are easily corruptible?).

Honesty and perception should not be confused. You can state something "honestly" and still be wrong. But that is an old argument of what is truth.

As a skeptic, I find it a little alarming that you make a goal of new information and knowledge change your views. Unless I took what you wrote wrong, I see that as someone not able to change their minds when presented with information that contradicts a currently held belief. Someone like that should not be in the business of representing anyone.

I guess it all come down to my reservations on the CSM as a whole being fluff as well as a healthy distrust of people running for any political office.

Pretend for a moment I do decide to vote for CSM (might or might not happen), why would a vote for you be different that a vote for someone else? What will you bring to the CSM, what would you like to change and what do you see as things that are being done right?

I look forward to reading about your position.



What I mean to say is that it's impossible to remain unchanged as a person after gaining new information when that information pertains to what makes you, you. Unless of course you chose a life of ignorance and shut everything out no matter what. There might be some things that I want to acomplish but after finding out what is behind the curtain I will see its either not practical or allowable. The goal at this point is to build a platform that will be as minimally effected by the new knowledge as possible so that if/when I am elected I will be able to keep the same core system of belief.


The more ambitious your goals the less chance they will be the same once you get in because you find out X cant be done because of Y and W. Where before you got in you never knew about Y and W. My platform is centered around the psychology of the player more than anything else. Most people will pick a specific topic or subset of gameplay. I will always be focused on the player experience more than anything else.
Oni Ayhun
Hosaka Syndicate
#54 - 2012-08-18 03:51:59 UTC
"A University of California, Davis survey suggested that about 40% of furries had attended at least one furry convention."

And here is the link to the furry survey, where the word "furry" is used multiple times to reference participants of furry fandom.

http://studyf3.livejournal.com/1383.html
_________________________________
I'm not going to get into the whole debate about you violating this, that, or the other thing, but at the very least, you have shown a tendency for deception, narcissism, and grandstanding arrogance. Is that a problem? Nope. But if you're running for the CSM, you should at least understand how others perceive you.

Also, you claim to be in the autism spectrum, so would it be any surprise that, given your condition, you fail to understand what everyone else does? If you have a mental disorder, it is your responsibility to deal with it. The rest of us shouldn't have to put up with your failure to manage your own condition.

Don't fall so in love with your own words and stance on issues; members of the CSM represent particular player demographics, and last I checked, there wasn't a demographic called Xenuria. Your ideas are irrelevant. It's the input you receive from players that matter.

In any case, good luck with your campaign. I won't be voting for you though because, in all honesty, I really dislike you.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#55 - 2012-08-18 10:15:58 UTC
Jita Speakers Corner is not the place for completely out of game related discussions and therefore off topic posts were and will be removed if necessary.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Frying Doom
#56 - 2012-08-18 10:31:26 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Jita Speakers Corner is not the place for completely out of game related discussions and therefore off topic posts were and will be removed if necessary.

I should complain about censorship but this thread was so boring, I haven't bothered to read most of it Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Kan'loch Lacoud
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-08-18 11:02:40 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Jita Speakers Corner is not the place for completely out of game related discussions and therefore off topic posts were and will be removed if necessary.



Surely you can't just assume everything is so black and white?

People deserve to know a candidates stances, personality and opinions on things if they are to make an informed decision regarding the candidate.

The furry debate just shows again that Xenuria has no idea what he is talking about and voting him into the CSM would be a waste of time as he would just talk a load of crap and not contribute anything, he would also probably doctor/alter the minutes to suit his own warped view of reality.

I think it is important to see all faces of candidates when they want you to vote for them, censoring or hiding their less popular opinions does nothing but distort the candidate and obscure the whole process.
Xenuria
#58 - 2012-08-18 17:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
I did not lie, Grath Telkin.
I was in fact the acting director of Hydra Reloaded until I was forced to step down because of my depression, my depressive episodes were causing me to send wave after wave of my own men after anybody that upset me. This was unacceptable of me and thus I stepped down.

Please refer to the following.

HYDRA Reloaded Hijack Thread
Hydra Reloaded: New and Improved

At one time PL was a pet of Hydra and during that time I was in charge of Hydra. So it is a fair statement to say that I was in control of both at one point in time.

Now please, go try and be relevant somewhere else.

Richter Enderas wrote:
Hey remember a couple months ago when we ousted you from TEST for being pedo scum?

Yeah that was great.


Please try your best to be constructive in my "official" threads.
Tector
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2012-08-18 18:27:26 UTC
If you don`t know who Grath is and claim to be the leader of PL I just don`t know what to say.
Cindare
Perkone
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-08-18 18:32:27 UTC
I'm astonished, truly.