These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goons 4x4ing through the Sandbox - Market Manipulation on a Grand Scale

First post First post First post
Author
asd3452
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1741 - 2012-06-22 22:14:03 UTC
Better Than You wrote:
By goons mentality, we all should be dropping to our knees and thanking Osama Bin Laden for tighter security at the airports.

Wait, do you actually think airports are more secure now?
Droxlyn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1742 - 2012-06-22 22:15:09 UTC
Tokclik
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1743 - 2012-06-22 22:15:40 UTC
Better Than You wrote:
By goons mentality, we all should be dropping to our knees and thanking Osama Bin Laden for tighter security at the airports.

Making a comparison between someone who helped kill thousands and someone who found a loophole in a videogame is moronic.

A better comparison is the best people in IT security all started out as hackers and respect the up and coming hackers teaching them new things.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1744 - 2012-06-22 22:16:49 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

What an unpatriotic thing to say. You must be a terrorist.

Anally probe him to assess his threat level.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Paint
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1745 - 2012-06-22 22:17:07 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

No one from Goldman Sachs went to prison.

And they still have their ill gotten gains.
asd3452
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1746 - 2012-06-22 22:17:30 UTC
Tokclik wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

Making a comparison between someone who helped kill thousands and someone who found a loophole in a videogame is moronic.

A better comparison is the best people in IT security all started out as hackers and respect the up and coming hackers teaching them new things.

A better example would be a Farmer selling Strawberries for $2 less than the local store, and me telling the farmer this, and him not changing the price. Then, I buy all his strawberries and he hits me with a shovel. CCP is the angry dumb farmer with a shovel.
Inspiration
#1747 - 2012-06-22 22:17:37 UTC
asd3452 wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

Well, the people traveling trough it certainly are not more safe.
The chance of your butt crack getting opened is many times higher, and given that who cares about terrorists!

I cannot speak for the buildings however!

I am serious!

Paint
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1748 - 2012-06-22 22:17:59 UTC
asd3452 wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

Well checking out all the hot chicks through the nude viewer does have its perks.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1749 - 2012-06-22 22:18:16 UTC
why are people shocked that CCP is removing assets? They've done it in the past and they'll do it again. What's more shocking is that Goons did this in the first place. You had to have known you would not be allowed to keep everything
Ana Fox
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1750 - 2012-06-22 22:18:24 UTC
Tokclik wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

Not that much moronic as failing on twitter in operation of this scale.
Kalzin Maya
#1751 - 2012-06-22 22:18:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalzin Maya
Goon Behavior: Lets take advantage of a loophole to get rich, than to prevent others from doing the same after we get rich by telling CCP....

Good Behavior: Hey CCP we think this is a loophole, we would like to work with you to show how we think this will pan out....
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#1752 - 2012-06-22 22:18:40 UTC
Inspiration wrote:
asd3452 wrote:
Better Than You wrote:

Well, the people traveling trough it certainly are not more safe.
The chance of your butt crack getting opened is many times higher, and given that who cares about terrorists!

I cannot speak for the buildings however!

them evil buttcracks, always hiding them evil terrorists.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Ashina Sito
Gallente Federation
#1753 - 2012-06-22 22:20:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ashina Sito
Goon Tears Best Tears.

Thanks for an entertaining hour from Bleet Fleet.

Testing a bug is fine. Continuing to benefit using that bug is not. There was a way to get more then one pilot training on an account a few years ago. When I found out about it I tested it to confirm it was repeatable. Then I STOPPED training on one of the pilots so I was not abusing the bug. Then filed a bug report.

Goons found a bug. LP for non-destructed cargo. Then continued to take advantage of that bug, KNOWING it was not intended. This is called an Exploit. While this bug does not encompass the entire issue it is a part of an already questionable act.

CCP may have overreacted, CCP may change their actions (up or down). It is CCP's game, and if you **** with it they are within their rights to do as they wish.

I like the smugness of the OP and now the, as Bleet Fleet would say, "butthurt" cries of the children who now have to pay for being stupid.

Fallout is one fo the funnest parts of Eve for me. Sure, this is not going to approach the level of entertainment that Incarna was but still, watching Goon's cry is always fun.

Oh, BTW. None of this effected me in the least, accept for the Gonnie tears. Have yet another glass full. (only becuase I don't have a 50 gallon drum on hand to collect more. Lol)

Have Fun,
Fly Safe
Paint
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1754 - 2012-06-22 22:20:46 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
why are people shocked that CCP is removing assets? They've done it in the past and they'll do it again. What's more shocking is that Goons did this in the first place. You had to have known you would not be allowed to keep everything

Actually they haven't that I know of. The only time they took away anything that I can remember is when they took away the gm/dev generated T2 generated BPOs that were given to Bob.

If you think this is similar at all you probably need serious help.
asd3452
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1755 - 2012-06-22 22:23:08 UTC
Paint wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

Actually they haven't that I know of. The only time they took away anything that I can remember is when they took away the gm/dev generated T2 generated BPOs that were given to Bob.

CCP also did nothing about the trillions (with a 'T') isk worth of profit BoB and their CCP allies made off the BPOs, 'player' events, etc.
Stevens
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#1756 - 2012-06-22 22:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Stevens
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

Can you give an example of this? As far as I remember this is unprecedented for GMs to remove assets from a situation like this. The system was working fully as intended and no exploit was used (like the r64 duping exploit). R64 and Band Of Developers BPOs are the only times I can remember CCP removing assets.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1757 - 2012-06-22 22:24:32 UTC
Ashina Sito wrote:

Goons found a bug. LP for no destructed cargo. Then continued to take advantage of that bug, KNOWING it was not intended. This is called an Exploit. While this bug does not encompass the entire issue it is a part of an already questionable act.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

No wonder you'll always be spacepoor

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Ashina Sito
Gallente Federation
#1758 - 2012-06-22 22:24:50 UTC
double post
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1759 - 2012-06-22 22:24:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aryth
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

I know people might not believe me. But I really did expect to be allowed to keep it. This was well within what I consider the boundaries of the game. Many people agree, this is EVE.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Paint
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1760 - 2012-06-22 22:26:50 UTC
asd3452 wrote:
Paint wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

CCP also did nothing about the trillions (with a 'T') isk worth of profit BoB and their CCP allies made off the BPOs, 'player' events, etc.

True they never took away all the motherships that Bob/some others exploited out of the those events before they sacked all those player gms either did they.