These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Goons 4x4ing through the Sandbox - Market Manipulation on a Grand Scale

First post First post First post
Author
Gul'gotha Derv'ash
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1681 - 2012-06-22 21:28:03 UTC
The torrential downpour of Goon tears will sustain me for years to come.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1682 - 2012-06-22 21:28:46 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
The Slayer wrote:
CCP How many people who abused the Pax Amarria thing did you remove ISK from? Oh thats right none.

I'd be interested to see if possible the total worth of the Pax Amarria issue as compared to this.

1.8 billion units of nocxium were produced from the Pax Amarria thing.

Thanks
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1683 - 2012-06-22 21:29:03 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
It is not winning when you abuse a mechanic you know to be broken

good, so every alliance who has taken their tech moons through use of blapping titans should have them taken away

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1684 - 2012-06-22 21:29:06 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Just because you told a bank owner how you robbed their bank doesn't mean you can keep the money you stole.

Technically they didn't rob a bank, they merely fixed inflation and robbed other players.
ashley Eoner
#1685 - 2012-06-22 21:29:27 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
All I can say is....

HA HA

Keep crying it's amusing.

as predicted, the pubbies are gloating despite the fact that they are far from capable of pulling these kinds of things off

Moar plz
Joroon
Perkone
Caldari State
#1686 - 2012-06-22 21:29:39 UTC
Gul'gotha Derv'ash wrote:

And the butt-hurt that emerges from you when nothing happens to the Jewbal will entertain us for about 15 minutes.
Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1687 - 2012-06-22 21:30:05 UTC
Werst Dendenahzees wrote:
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Just because you told a bank owner how you robbed their bank doesn't mean you can keep the money you stole.

Technically they didn't rob a bank, they merely fixed inflation and robbed other players.

How does this fix inflation?
Aryndel Vyst
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1688 - 2012-06-22 21:30:45 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Hmm, have we gone from "yay we are goons, we are awesome" to "oh dear we got caught and spanked" to "cheating should be ok because the mechanic was flawed" to "EVE is dying"?

We've gone from 'isn't this an awesome game where players control their own destinies in an open sandbox and this sort of thing is possible' to, 'hmmm, guess we were wrong about the whole open sandbox thing'.

Eve Online 2012: Winning is an exploit.

It is not winning when you abuse a mechanic you know to be broken, any more than it is legal to keep a bag of cash a bank robber dropped on his way out of the bank.

Holy **** this is totally different you ******. What a terrible analogy.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#1689 - 2012-06-22 21:31:02 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

good, so every alliance who has taken their tech moons through use of blapping titans should have them taken away

Trying to push attention away from the current situation does not change it.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1690 - 2012-06-22 21:31:05 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Jayrendo Karr wrote:

How does this fix inflation?

They paid massive amounts of isk to the isk sink that is the LP store, thus removing it from the game forever.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1691 - 2012-06-22 21:31:26 UTC
Joroon wrote:

And the butt-hurt that emerges from you when nothing happens to the Jewbal will entertain us for about 15 minutes.

basically

but then the reverse butthurt when they actually do lose their stuff will make it even more better
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#1692 - 2012-06-22 21:32:13 UTC
They paid massive amounts of isk to the isk sink that is the LP store, thus removing it from the game forever.

CCP should return that ISK.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1693 - 2012-06-22 21:32:14 UTC
i lost a megathron to a nanomach back before the speed nerf

can i get it back

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1694 - 2012-06-22 21:33:02 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
Joroon wrote:

basically

but then the reverse butthurt when they actually do lose their stuff will make it even more better

they can confiscate 80% of aryth's assets and he'll still be da 1%

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1695 - 2012-06-22 21:33:23 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
i lost a megathron to a nanomach back before the speed nerf

can i get it back

yes

I'm not sure that you will though.
Janet Patton
Brony Express
#1696 - 2012-06-22 21:34:02 UTC
For how long was your erection after posting what could of been summed up in 6000 characters or less?

I still give you a +1 for your exploits.

Why do I have this sig? I don't smoke.

george harries
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1697 - 2012-06-22 21:34:39 UTC
Aryth wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Aryth wrote:
Sizeof Void wrote:
Aryth wrote:
The major point being. There is no incentive to report anything to CCP. You are far better off trying to get away with it quietly.

Uh, no.

And, just for the record, suggesting that players engage in this sort of behavior is a much more serious EULA violation - one which can get you slapped with a ban, not just a negative wallet. No matter how upset you might be, don't go there, Aryth.

By me suggesting people are far better off trying to game the system quietly than overtly? There were no exploits here as far as I am concerned. CCP romping around siezing assets not even related to this clearly shows they feel differently. Playing the game to the limits of their design is now officially an exploit. This is bigger than this specific case. This is not the CCP of old.

You could try Blizzard or other decently serious companies. Instant perma ban and they send you an email stating whatever further correspondence you will send them will be completely ignored.

The more fair comparison, is to compare the CCP of today, with the CCP of years past. I am not trying to be all conspiracy theory here. But ever since they have gotten into bed with Sony, they seem to kneejerk much more readily to press. It's my belief that they are marketing driven now. A marketing department who doesn't understand the value of the sandbox, and just wants good press. Anything remotely negative gets you pounded. That is their right, but it's not the EVE many of us love.

Yeah, and remember the "Eve many of us love" is pissed on by Goons on a regular basis who then gloat and bait people who get annoyed about it. Frankly you should be thankful you haven't had your accounts permabanned.

Please stop whining you used an exploit and gloated about how superior and brilliant you are....wow shocker CCP jumped on an exploiter......as Goons are so keen on saying HTFU.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1698 - 2012-06-22 21:35:00 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
Joroon wrote:

basically

they can confiscate 80% of aryth's assets and he'll still be da 1%

we really dont care whether he feels a hit

its for the sake of the LP market, the game in general, that his stuffs must go
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1699 - 2012-06-22 21:36:03 UTC
george harries wrote:
Yeah, and remember the "Eve many of us love" is pissed on by Goons on a regular basis who then gloat and bait people who get annoyed about it. Frankly you should be thankful you haven't had your accounts permabanned.

Please stop whining you used an exploit and gloated about how superior and brilliant you are....wow shocker CCP jumped on an exploiter......as Goons are so keen on saying HTFU.

good thing this faceless forum alt is setting the 1% of eve straight

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#1700 - 2012-06-22 21:37:52 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

But that was clearly not broken, I mean they haven't changed titans since then, have they? :haw:

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat