These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#321 - 2012-06-24 19:16:08 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
dontbanmebro: Federal Navy Academy [FNA] from 2012.06.18 17:01 to this day

That made me LOL so HARD :D

dontbanmebro cannot be found.

There is currently no character profile with the name dontbanmebro

Goddam, hate it when my character just spontaneously goes and biomasses him/herself...

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#322 - 2012-06-24 19:20:10 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Yeah CCP, do precisely what many (not all) are suggesting: Nerf high sec more.

Please, do it.
Let the lead dev run wild with the nerf hammer in high sec.

Wait. Has High Sec ever been nerfed? I mean, I could understand if you were ranting that they moved all the ice to null like they said they were going to, or if they moved all the L4 missions to low or null like they should, but... What nerfs are you suggesting have happened to High Sec?
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#323 - 2012-06-24 19:23:06 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you don't copy and paste verbatim the same text all over the forums...

You get to earn pirate BPCs that cost 100k LP less and 100M less a piece than in hi sec and sell for twice as much on the contracts. You make money way faster or - if you choose a disposable T2 fit ship - you make the same ISK even if you lose regularly these ships.

So in the end, the only answer to your copy paste is what you posted above: "I am a coward...".

? Wait, are you honestly suggesting people actually run Pirate missions in Null? Going into Null NPC space is suicide.
Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#324 - 2012-06-24 19:30:50 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
So in the end, the only answer to your copy paste is what you posted above: "I am a coward...".

Actually, I should change that to "lazy coward" for the next iteration, because it involves both. It also involves "being smart", since running L4s in hisec is much less stressful than doing things in null, and there's much less chance of losing your ship or having undesired downtime (reds in system, ship blown up with no replacement etc readily available, etc).

The game should not changed to canned progression like WoW in order to let lazy cowards like you into 0.0.

If you are not gutsy enough for 0.0 then you don't belong there. There's people who made kingdoms in 0.0, if you fail even at the basic task of being a grunt and rat in there, then you don't deserve to be there.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#325 - 2012-06-24 19:34:20 UTC
Alaya Carrier wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Actually, I should change that to "lazy coward" for the next iteration, because it involves both. It also involves "being smart", since running L4s in hisec is much less stressful than doing things in null, and there's much less chance of losing your ship or having undesired downtime (reds in system, ship blown up with no replacement etc readily available, etc).

The game should not changed to canned progression like WoW in order to let lazy cowards like you into 0.0.

If you are not gutsy enough for 0.0 then you don't belong there. There's people who made kingdoms in 0.0, if you fail even at the basic task of being a grunt and rat in there, then you don't deserve to be there.

lol
Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#326 - 2012-06-24 19:39:10 UTC
Ryoken McKeon wrote:

Annnnnnnd, no. I live in whs. I think the risk vs. reward in high sec isn't fair. I also think people who spend most of their time pve'ing in high sec should find another game. I just don't see the appeal of farming useless AI or rocks all day....

What about YOU go find another game? You don't have the Badge Of Legitimacy to decide how the game is meant to be played. If an huge number of people love to shoot red crosses or mine rocks THEY shall be held tight by the game maker not the whiny 5% who choose to go outside in a WH yet rosick and want everybody to endure untold hardships minus the rewards for it.

Ryoken McKeon wrote:

I think that EVE is a pvp game at heart, and high sec, as is, really bastardizes the game. I would like to see low sec get a huge buff and high sec get a slight-med sized nerf so that more people have to actually play the game.

My reasoning is this: Until this year's hulkageddon, high sec carebears have never had to have a modicum of skill. It didn't matter if they afk mined or not. When you don't have to be any better at the game than a bot, you should find something else to do.

Low sec can get 1 trillion of buff yet it will keep failing. Like 0.0.
They need to be scrapped and remade from zero. WHs are the only feature outside hi sec that works.

"That works" means that buffs or nerfs will only impact in a very limited way because what's the choice? To go to places that *don't work?* Why somebody should be so stupid to go in places that don't work, regardless of ISK?
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#327 - 2012-06-24 19:44:29 UTC
Alaya Carrier wrote:

Heh, cute.

Sucks for you that I don't give a flying **** if I "deserve" to be there or not, I've participated in almost all wars GSF has been in since after they took querious/delve/period basis, I've lost countless ships in the defense of goondom, all of which means that whether I rat out there or not matters ****-all.

Don't like it? ***** at CCP for making hisec too relaxing and profitable. Otherwise, suck it. vOv

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Doc Mulder
Doomheim
#328 - 2012-06-24 19:55:33 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
There is a reason that the "make null sec vibrant again" thread is 37 pages long.
Yes there is. Null sec is full of whiners...
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#329 - 2012-06-24 20:00:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Ryoken McKeon wrote:
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

If you ever wanna do stuff like research blueprints or manufacture anything or trade/market manipulate bulk goods its infinitely easier to do in highsec and then jump freighter the results or profits back to your null character. In terms of straight up resource gathering 0.0 is better obviously (except pre-Incursion nerf, where highsec was better at that too), assuming you're able to rat all day and never PVP or worry about defending your space.

Yeah bringing BPOs to null to research... great idea lol
Thats what high sec POSses are for

Ryoken McKeon wrote:
Increase the amount of low-sec, remove non-POS stations from High Sec (but make POS's easier to use in High Sec.)

Everyone who wants to do industry and the market without risk = nope.

(Not a serious idea, but High Sec DOES need a nerf. You should not be able to keep up with nullsec, wh, or lowsec pilots financially without doing lots of market pvp. )

lol remove non POS from high sec cause that would totally make it "high" sec area huh?
Yeah Im guessing youre in a griefer dec corp

((Not a serious idea, but High Sec DOES need a nerf. You should not be able to keep up with nullsec, wh, or lowsec pilots financially without doing lots of market pvp. )

Annnnnnnd, no. I live in whs. I think the risk vs. reward in high sec isn't fair. I also think people who spend most of their time pve'ing in high sec should find another game. I just don't see the appeal of farming useless AI or rocks all day....

I think that EVE is a pvp game at heart, and high sec, as is, really bastardizes the game. I would like to see low sec get a huge buff and high sec get a slight-med sized nerf so that more people have to actually play the game.

My reasoning is this: Until this year's hulkageddon, high sec carebears have never had to have a modicum of skill. It didn't matter if they afk mined or not. When you don't have to be any better at the game than a bot, you should find something else to do.

they have to have skill now?

but yeah, imo remove CONCORD. Keep the sec spo you cant hottdrop fleets in high sec but get rid of the criminal loving police

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Doc Mulder
Doomheim
#330 - 2012-06-24 20:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dosnix
Alaya Carrier wrote:

Are you for real? *snip*. NO ONE in this game has to live up to your standards of what a "real" EVE player is. Anyone can go where ever they bloody well please. *snip]/i]? It's a bloody game FFS do you believe that you have some real courage because you go to Null and shoot your pretend ships? [i]*snip*

Fixed several personal attacks!
ISD Dosnix
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#331 - 2012-06-24 20:04:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Xython wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Yeah CCP, do precisely what many (not all) are suggesting: Nerf high sec more.

Please, do it.
Let the lead dev run wild with the nerf hammer in high sec.

Wait. Has High Sec ever been nerfed? I mean, I could understand if you were ranting that they moved all the ice to null like they said they were going to, or if they moved all the L4 missions to low or null like they should, but... What nerfs are you suggesting have happened to High Sec?

lol move lvl 4 missions to low, everyone goes mining instead or finds another game. Wonder WHY they dont do that....

Xython wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you don't copy and paste verbatim the same text all over the forums...

You get to earn pirate BPCs that cost 100k LP less and 100M less a piece than in hi sec and sell for twice as much on the contracts. You make money way faster or - if you choose a disposable T2 fit ship - you make the same ISK even if you lose regularly these ships.

? Wait, are you honestly suggesting people actually run Pirate missions in Null? Going into Null NPC space is suicide.

so is afk mining in high, ppl do THAT

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#332 - 2012-06-24 20:06:58 UTC
Alaya Carrier wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

This idea flies in the face of the ppl who want to force ppl into 0.0 doesnt it?

Ryoken McKeon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#333 - 2012-06-24 20:07:52 UTC
Quote:

Those people are morons. Are you suggesting moronic behavior...?
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#334 - 2012-06-24 20:15:59 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Ooodles and oodles of null sec propaganda.

We can go round and round on this, but the point is, the vast majority of what you speak are half truths or complete fabrications.

My alt ORGANIZED and RAN, FOR PROFIT, my old corp's (EDROP) industrial wing when we were in FCON.
I had 6-8 guys running at least 10 chars just making T2 stuff in RQH and a couple other crappy null sec systems.
We did all the invention/copying/mfg at POS's in about 3 systems centred around RQH.

We supplied our own corp's needs at cost, sold what we could locally in null at excellent prices, and moved the majority of the finished products to high sec hubs for resale. And we did just fine, thank you very much.

Null sec provides immense industrial opportunities RIGHT NOW, with the existing mechanics.
The fact that these opportunities are not taken advantage of is not due to the game mechanics, but due to the mentality of the null sec zealots who believe "Eve is about killing only, and industry has no place in Eve, especially in null."

It is not the fault of high sec industry that null sec leaders have no interest or will to create strong industrial bases.
If I could make an excellent industrial profit for my corp, living in FCON space, which was awful at protecting its own space, I can't imagine what I could do with a protected enclave in goons or test space.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#335 - 2012-06-24 20:16:04 UTC
Ryoken McKeon wrote:
Quote:

Those people are morons.

that was the point lol

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#336 - 2012-06-24 20:17:26 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

We can go round and round on this, but the point is, the vast majority of what you speak are half truths or complete fabrications.

My alt ORGANIZED and RAN, FOR PROFIT, my old corp's (EDROP) industrial wing when we were in FCON.
I had 6-8 guys running at least 10 chars just making T2 stuff in RQH and a couple other crappy null sec systems.
We did all the invention/copying/mfg at POS's in about 3 systems centred around RQH.

We supplied our own corp's needs at cost, sold what we could locally in null at excellent prices, and moved the majority of the finished products to high sec hubs for resale. And we did just fine, thank you very much.

Null sec provides immense industrial opportunities RIGHT NOW, with the existing mechanics.
The fact that these opportunities are not taken advantage of is not due to the game mechanics, but due to the mentality of the null sec zealots who believe "Eve is about killing only, and industry has no place in Eve, especially in null."

It is not the fault of high sec industry that null sec leaders have no interest or will to create strong industrial bases.
If I could make an excellent industrial profit for my corp, living in FCON space, which was awful at protecting its own space, I can't imagine what I could do with a protected enclave in goons or test space.

ya but noone wants to her its their fault not ccp

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#337 - 2012-06-24 20:24:24 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
but due to the mentality of the null sec zealots who believe "Eve is about killing only, and industry has no place in Eve, especially in null."

Yes, I hear that when we say "we want industry to be just as vibrant in nullsec as it is in hisec", what we really mean is "**** them industry maggots, they're just worthless".Roll

Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

How much isk did you spend to build this industry base?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

forestwho
Doomheim
#338 - 2012-06-24 20:36:08 UTC
i stopped caring about this game long long time ago, you should do too.... its plays much better. Its still crappy and i still log in every day asking why i log in. Realising theres no better replacement for eve. Im kinda a lazy person, i should be giving up on eve but i also do kinda find it a waste to not train my chaarcter. You see thats the real reson why alot of people still play, they think they miss out on something if they dont. Thats the EVE FACTOR, its something you cant describe why you keep loggin in. For many people its a different reson, personaly im a person thats sensitive for addictions. Helps me loggin in also. This game is this alive due people like me, creating our own fun environment. I dont care, dont think anyone else care, its commen knowlage ccp is incompetend. Eve is just not a fair game, deal with it, live with it or simply go to wow (or be a uber marketeer, and plex up your 4 accounts to not give ccp any rl iskies like i do)

Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#339 - 2012-06-24 20:45:31 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Alaya Carrier wrote:

Heh, cute.

Sucks for you that I don't give a flying **** if I "deserve" to be there or not, I've participated in almost all wars GSF has been in since after they took querious/delve/period basis, I've lost countless ships in the defense of goondom, all of which means that whether I rat out there or not matters ****-all.

Don't like it? ***** at CCP for making hisec too relaxing and profitable. Otherwise, suck it. vOv

I am not the one crying like a fountain to make everywhere as bad as where you live. Deal with it and have fun in that sea of blue.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#340 - 2012-06-24 21:01:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

We supplied our own corp's needs at cost, sold what we could locally in null at excellent prices, and moved the majority of the finished products to high sec hubs for resale. And we did just fine, thank you very much

I think you supply the evidence for my arguments for me. The NC (which was granted a complete monopoly on Technetium when Dominion came out) invested vast amounts of their isk into developing their expansive nullsec holdings into supporting newbie smallttime miners and industrialists like yourself, into the JB networks and station infrastructure to support them. Their opponents, the DRF, had invested zero isk into stations or industry (except CSAAs) or anything. In fact, they heavily restricted anyone who wanted to put up a POS for refining and thus manufacturing. Their economy was the most heavily regulated and controlled of any group in New Eden, and they heavily suppressed any attempts at native industry by their thousands of renters. They invested in caps/supercaps that could rapidly gunmine the materials into creating more supercaps in a cyclical arrangment and exported the excess to highsec (which had the sideeffect of killing mining in highsec) for years. They steamrolled the numerically and resource-superior Northern Coalition as a result. The survivors of that war became the CFC, who now jump freighter in everything in exchange for Technetium, and by most reports are the stronger for it.

So your experiences in 0.0 merely confirm what I've been saying - that resource gathering trumps industrial process in 0.0.

Quote:

You'd probably line your pockets during times of peace and then bail when times got tough again. Your story is not exactly a ringing endorsement for nullsec alliance leaders to include indy carpetbaggers in their ranks.