These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[MERC] Break-A-Wish Foundation

First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#741 - 2015-10-25 11:38:27 UTC
I like how that single marauder kill is almost worth around 40% of all the BC's they lost......

Also....

wow. Really? Folding up shop because they got their butts kicked by a hisec merc alliance?

Sounds pretty lame to me.

If true, however, they will be missed......they were one of the few groups around that you could point the newbro's at and say 'Join them or die mining.'

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#742 - 2015-10-25 12:25:19 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
I like how that single marauder kill is almost worth around 40% of all the BC's they lost......

Also....

wow. Really? Folding up shop because they got their butts kicked by a hisec merc alliance?

Sounds pretty lame to me.

If true, however, they will be missed......they were one of the few groups around that you could point the newbro's at and say 'Join them or die mining.'



I would be surprised if they are closing down due to a war, no matter the result. Speaking from complete ignorance I would have thought that it was a few key personal burning out. It could not have been a small task keeping Red v Blue running.

I do hope they come back, they were a good way to get started in small gang fights with experienced players.

That was some war though.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#743 - 2015-10-25 14:37:32 UTC
Aoife Fraoch wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
I like how that single marauder kill is almost worth around 40% of all the BC's they lost......

Also....

wow. Really? Folding up shop because they got their butts kicked by a hisec merc alliance?

Sounds pretty lame to me.

If true, however, they will be missed......they were one of the few groups around that you could point the newbro's at and say 'Join them or die mining.'



I would be surprised if they are closing down due to a war, no matter the result. Speaking from complete ignorance I would have thought that it was a few key personal burning out. It could not have been a small task keeping Red v Blue running.

I do hope they come back, they were a good way to get started in small gang fights with experienced players.

That was some war though.



Certainly not from one lost battle, rather a constant drop of activity that went on for quite some time now. Add to that the workload for the directors.
As it is, RvB isnĀ“t closing shop as such, just suspending all activities beyond the basic Blow-Each-Other-Up, which is still the main purpose of RvB, though. What comes out of that remains to be seen....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Ju0ZaS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#744 - 2015-10-25 15:58:29 UTC
Good video. Big smile

Are you going to fight me or do you expect to bore me to death with your forum pvp?

Rusty DP
The Filthy Few
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#745 - 2015-10-25 16:57:35 UTC
Certainly not from one battle. But one cannot overlook the fact that RVB went from massive 70 man combined Red and Blue fleets week one, scoring a few successful hits against our logistics.

To BAW steadily picking RVB off one by one, whilst forming up, running missions and being reckless...

To later in the week, BAW utterly defeating their 40 man fleets during 1-2 hour fights with 10 - 15 man fleets. (equal to close number of logistics, in case you where wondering).

Ultimately leading to Red refusing to ally in with Blues (for fear of losses I might add) and leaving Blues to be picked off and muster trivially defeated kitchen sink fleets.

Which leads us to today - RVB will not form up and fight no matter what the odds or circumstance. RVB still continues to killboard pad each other (close to the station) but will mostly dock and log if even one of BAW comes within one jump. Resulting in massive RVB membership disgruntlement and members simply not playing or leaving.

On a personal note - Ive never understood the purpose of RVB. Ive heard the argument "Its for the new bros to learn PVP". But all I've seen from them, is the more experienced members massacring all the new players in Battlecruisers. Replacing the newbies crap fit ship and giving each other decorations..

Seems like a gameplay style better suited to the test server, but who am I to say....

I hope RVB rebuilds,reformats and has another go at it, its been an immensely challenging and entertaining war.
Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#746 - 2015-10-25 20:03:14 UTC
Rusty DP wrote:
Certainly not from one battle. But one cannot overlook the fact that RVB went from massive 70 man combined Red and Blue fleets week one, scoring a few successful hits against our logistics.

To BAW steadily picking RVB off one by one, whilst forming up, running missions and being reckless...

To later in the week, BAW utterly defeating their 40 man fleets during 1-2 hour fights with 10 - 15 man fleets. (equal to close number of logistics, in case you where wondering).

Ultimately leading to Red refusing to ally in with Blues (for fear of losses I might add) and leaving Blues to be picked off and muster trivially defeated kitchen sink fleets.

Which leads us to today - RVB will not form up and fight no matter what the odds or circumstance. RVB still continues to killboard pad each other (close to the station) but will mostly dock and log if even one of BAW comes within one jump. Resulting in massive RVB membership disgruntlement and members simply not playing or leaving.

On a personal note - Ive never understood the purpose of RVB. Ive heard the argument "Its for the new bros to learn PVP". But all I've seen from them, is the more experienced members massacring all the new players in Battlecruisers. Replacing the newbies crap fit ship and giving each other decorations..

Seems like a gameplay style better suited to the test server, but who am I to say....

I hope RVB rebuilds,reformats and has another go at it, its been an immensely challenging and entertaining war.


Oh well that's a shame, especially the part where they stopped working together on the war. I enjoyed my time there playing in the AUTZ. It was a good introduction to small gang fights and working in a fleet. At least at the times I played I can't say I saw that many Battlecruises, it was mostly cruiser down.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#747 - 2015-10-26 04:32:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
RVB essentially had a leadership problem, a really, really bad leadership problem, but because they have a predetermined thing that they do that is sustainable so long as there are no new external factors they managed to coast on in spite of that.

When we showed up we put pressure on them that required serious decision making and problem solving ability that just wasn't present. The result was once their pre-existing responses of "throw old fleet doctrines at them" they had nothing else left and the failure cascade ensues.

It's also apparent that the current leadership is totally unwilling to hand off leadership to anyone willing to step up, stripping basically anyone not part of the elite "command" clique of roles while quitting corp themselves and transferring corporate roles to alts.

I don't hold anything against their general membership. After all they're just dudes who want to shoot each other, but the leadership is about as toxic and incompetent as it gets, most highsec mining corps have better, more responsible, less entitled people in charge.
Rusty DP
The Filthy Few
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#748 - 2015-10-26 04:52:05 UTC
At the end of the day:

Somebody made big bucks !
Angel Violette
The Filthy Few
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#749 - 2015-10-26 05:18:14 UTC
After listening to their "Town Hall Meeting " Its apparent that the upper echelon just wants to wash their hands and walk away from these guys , and they did.
And who can blame them ??
It was a lot of whining and Bitching ,

They did manage to get 40 people out of 6000 to attend the meeting ,Unfortunately 35 were spies .

I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, They don't see me coming: that's what you're missing.

Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#750 - 2015-10-26 09:03:30 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
RVB essentially had a leadership problem, a really, really bad leadership problem, but because they have a predetermined thing that they do that is sustainable so long as there are no new external factors they managed to coast on in spite of that.

When we showed up we put pressure on them that required serious decision making and problem solving ability that just wasn't present. The result was once their pre-existing responses of "throw old fleet doctrines at them" they had nothing else left and the failure cascade ensues.

It's also apparent that the current leadership is totally unwilling to hand off leadership to anyone willing to step up, stripping basically anyone not part of the elite "command" clique of roles while quitting corp themselves and transferring corporate roles to alts.

I don't hold anything against their general membership. After all they're just dudes who want to shoot each other, but the leadership is about as toxic and incompetent as it gets, most highsec mining corps have better, more responsible, less entitled people in charge.


Oh well, a bad end to a decent idea with some significant execution problems.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#751 - 2015-10-26 12:31:42 UTC
The best part is we're only on phase 1 of 3.
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#752 - 2015-10-26 18:45:21 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
The best part is we're only on phase 1 of 3.

When do you get to the phase of making brownies again?

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#753 - 2015-10-27 11:24:10 UTC
There's just too much fun stuff happening right now for baking. Stuff like rvb leadership liquidating all the SRP assets while telling the members that everything is okay and brave collective swooping in like buzzards to poach the members while their corpse is still twitching.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#754 - 2015-10-27 11:42:41 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
There's just too much fun stuff happening right now for baking. Stuff like rvb leadership liquidating all the SRP assets while telling the members that everything is okay and brave collective swooping in like buzzards to poach the members while their corpse is still twitching.
This can only mean one thing...... kill them all ! Big smile

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#755 - 2015-10-27 11:54:41 UTC
Lol send em my way ;-)

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#756 - 2015-10-27 12:02:06 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
There's just too much fun stuff happening right now for baking. Stuff like rvb leadership liquidating all the SRP assets while telling the members that everything is okay and brave collective swooping in like buzzards to poach the members while their corpse is still twitching.


Ouch, now that sounds like a pretty comprehensive failure state.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#757 - 2015-10-27 16:30:21 UTC
It's going to be interesting to find out exactly what they're trying to do with their POCOs. They seem to be trying to transfer their ownership somewhere, but there's no obvious final destination, which is leading me to believe someone might br trying to nab a few weeks of POCO income for their personal wallet, the other explanation would be that theres another large group (the obvious candidate would be brave since they seem to be all over rvb).

We weren't initially particularly interested in them but RVB have been willing to screw over there members super hard to avoid losing them, so obviously they're worth taking, even if only to deprive them of it.
Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#758 - 2015-10-27 23:59:03 UTC
I was disappointed when I heard all of the BRAVE talk in RvB comms. I'm all for the new bros but all of their ideas sounded like a recruitment scheme.

"You can bring the rvb corps into Brave"
"You should move right next to Brave"

Its unfortunate RvB is taking the gutter but it is a necessary one. Far too long did the few use the many to acquire hundreds of poco's. Far too often did a few on the inside use the combined muscle to accomplish personal vendetta's on POS's in the area. Karma is a ***** and I'm happy she found her mark. I'm eager to see how many sponsors they burn and where drama stems to next.

Back to the main lesson: You know a fail cascade is coming when Brave is involved.

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Yong Shin
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#759 - 2015-10-28 05:29:17 UTC
I'm surprised you are all so pleased RvB went down. Seems to me like high sec simply lost a valuable content creator and a beloved institution that actually catered to newbros. I sure hope BRAVE takes the lot of them in.
Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#760 - 2015-10-28 09:06:40 UTC
Yong Shin wrote:
I'm surprised you are all so pleased RvB went down. Seems to me like high sec simply lost a valuable content creator and a beloved institution that actually catered to newbros. I sure hope BRAVE takes the lot of them in.


I am really of two minds. RvB was fun, I enjoyed it and got to do some PVP in a way that meant I got to learn from more experienced players. So in that, I am sad to see it go. On the other hand it is deeply concerning that in the end it was so fragile that it would implode in this fashion simply because (and I may be wrong but this is what it looks like) someone else decided to shoot at them and was not bad at it.