These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Give me a break

First post
Author
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#101 - 2012-06-12 06:38:04 UTC
OP.. if you don't like looting, don't loot. Do something else like trading... buy the loot cheap at mission hub and refine/sell at trading hub. Or make a living selling ammo to the other mission runners. Or go to the dark side and start ninja looting. There's a gazillion things to do in eve.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Josef Djugashvilis
#102 - 2012-06-12 06:44:26 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Someone please tell me any other MMO that makes you spend an HOUR just looting the things you've killed.

As if a popup loot window is SO difficult to program after you shoot something. It may come as a shock to CCP, or Icelanders in general, but spending 10 minutes slowboating to a wreck is not exactly engaging or fun. And having to alt-tab out to the internet every 5 minutes so you don't fall asleep is not very immersive.

Now name a successful MMO that doesn't let you customize the look of your avatar. Oh right, there isn't one. Because people like to customize how they look in a game. (I'm talking about ships)

I've played on and off for 5 years and these 2 things have really grinded my gears. CCP thinks the rules don't apply to them. Well, you like to brag about how everything on EVE is on one server... that's because hardly anyone wants to play your game. And those who do aren't rewarded for actually playing and doing things in the game, because it's all TIME based. (ROFL what a joke)

(You make more money that way.)

If you actually made your gave attractive to the general population instead of a small niche audience, you wouldn't have to have micro transactions because people would gladly pay a subscription.


Don't like salvaging? neither do I, so don't do it.

This is not a signature.

Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#103 - 2012-06-12 06:49:29 UTC
No, he's not. He's saying that you're not supposed to have everything you want in one ship.

So, that means you hate T3 cruisers, because, they're very modifiable, and it's ONE ship, that you can customize.


Quote:
But one guy asking for more abilities, or asking for anything, is low hanging fruit for disagreeable people.
Nope.

"NOPE?" Oh. You disagreed. Arguement won! Gratz.

You're not asking for more content. You're asking for less. That's why people aren't agreeing with you.

True, what I'm asking for has lees to do with quantity than quality. Saying "people aren't agreeing with me" means nothing. You're only posting because you disagree, and you're only disagreeing because you like to argue.

Yes. You have been given a rather wide array of abilities you didn't have before and other abilities have increased greatly. Whether the time spent was worth it is not something that is objectively quantifiable. Do you need those added abilities? Then yes. If not, then no… but then again, why did you train it if you didn't need it? Once again: your bad decisions isn't a game design flaw.

"A rather wide array of abilities?" Post a carrier fit. It will have the same "abilities" as a battleship. TANK, GUNS, NUET, DISRUPTOR, WEB, RR. And very very unlikely to have all of them. Exact same abilities that a battleship could have. OH one ship can't have everything!!!! HEY.. IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.

Now, you talk about this game as if it's rules and systems and all it's intricacies simply sprung up out of nature and that they were not designed and created and programmed by PEOPLE like you and me. People created and shape this virtual universe according to their vision and goals. Yet, this is a game and one that requires it's users to pay real money to play. My only wish, as I look at this game now and since it was created, that CCP would focus more on it's users gameplay experiences than their own bottom line.

Do you think it was a coincidence that just as CCP throws a huge (read expensive) party at an event center in Iceland, around the same time a massive ship kill off in Jita is orchestrated, destroying hundreds of ships, driving up the prices of everything... just so that people with buy more PLEX to cover losses and replace their ships? And just like that they pay for their little party. I have no problem with that.

I would like for them to make the game less of an obvious tedious and boring time-sink. I'm not cancelling my account because I like the game, but it could be much better.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#104 - 2012-06-12 06:55:29 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
"A rather wide array of abilities?" Post a carrier fit. It will have the same "abilities" as a battleship. TANK, GUNS, NUET, DISRUPTOR, WEB, RR. And very very unlikely to have all of them. Exact same abilities that a battleship could have. OH one ship can't have everything!!!! HEY.. IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.

Carriers can fit guns?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#105 - 2012-06-12 07:00:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Talon SilverHawk
baltec1 wrote:
Use a tractor beam?


+1 and fit your ship with MWD or ABN

Tal
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#106 - 2012-06-12 07:03:02 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
So, that means you hate T3 cruisers
Nope. Because they don't let you have everything in one ship. Also, nothing was said about hating ships.

Quote:
"NOPE?" Oh. You disagreed. Arguement won! Gratz.
You should have kept reading…
Alternatively, what you said was just a big stonking strawman.

Quote:
True, what I'm asking for has lees to do with quantity than quality.
You're not asking for better quality either. The reason I disagree with you is because your idea removes gameplay for no good reason. It solves nothing and breaks stuff. I don't have to like to argue to disagree with that kind of destructiveness.

Quote:
"A rather wide array of abilities?" Post a carrier fit. It will have the same "abilities" as a battleship. TANK, GUNS, NUET, DISRUPTOR, WEB, RR.
…jumpdrive, fighters, siege mode, corp hangar, ship bay. It will not have guns. Fitting disruptors and webs on it is pretty stupid (but they're borderline on battleships as well, so we'll let that one slide). In addition, the abilities of those modules will be greatly enhanced. So not only are the abilities not exactly the same — those that are the same have indeed increased.

Quote:
IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.
Tough. EVE doesn't work that way. You want a level-based system where higher level = better. EVE is quite carefully designed not to fall into that silly old trap, but rather to make age be rewarded with more options and more choices.
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#107 - 2012-06-12 07:04:17 UTC
You can loot a battlefield without moving using a Noctis, its possible to loot about 50 ships in a few minutes. If that is too hard for you, then you are probably better off playing Diabloooaboo 3.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Onyx Nyx
The Khaleph
#108 - 2012-06-12 07:12:17 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:

then you are probably better off playing Diabloooaboo 3.


Although that game requires you to click each item that you wish to pick up...

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

  • Richard (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#109 - 2012-06-12 07:13:21 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:

[...]
HEY.. IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.
[...]


You sound as if you need a reward for being able to stand this game this long.
You're doing it wrong then. It's almost the same as people obsessed over "end game" in other MMOs .. they just want to rush through to a goal at the end, instead of enjoying the game from the beginning.

If you enjoy playing then having a carrier after a year and a half is a bonus, as far as I see it. It was mentioned you shouldn't skill for something you don't need (and don't want, I'd add, since you can have fun with things you don't need), and that makes sense for such long skill times. So I'd imagine after a year and a half of having fun playing the game to get yet another option to go about things differently, to fill another role, would be quite a reward.

If you don't have fun playing you likely won't have after reaching your big goal either. So you should come up with ways to have fun. This game seems to give you a lot of possibilities to come up with your own stuff.
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#110 - 2012-06-12 07:13:28 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
"A rather wide array of abilities?" Post a carrier fit. It will have the same "abilities" as a battleship. TANK, GUNS, NUET, DISRUPTOR, WEB, RR. And very very unlikely to have all of them. Exact same abilities that a battleship could have. OH one ship can't have everything!!!! HEY.. IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.


One of the main reasons I play EVE is so I can pretend I live on a different planet from numskulls like this.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#111 - 2012-06-12 07:16:07 UTC
Serena Serene wrote:
Maxime Entropy wrote:

[...]
HEY.. IF I spent a year and half playing this game, THEN YEA, I WANT A SHIP THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING.
[...]


You sound as if you need a reward for being able to stand this game this long.
You're doing it wrong then. It's almost the same as people obsessed over "end game" in other MMOs .. they just want to rush through to a goal at the end, instead of enjoying the game from the beginning.

If you enjoy playing then having a carrier after a year and a half is a bonus, as far as I see it. It was mentioned you shouldn't skill for something you don't need (and don't want, I'd add, since you can have fun with things you don't need), and that makes sense for such long skill times. So I'd imagine after a year and a half of having fun playing the game to get yet another option to go about things differently, to fill another role, would be quite a reward.

If you don't have fun playing you likely won't have after reaching your big goal either. So you should come up with ways to have fun. This game seems to give you a lot of possibilities to come up with your own stuff.



He wants a Golem, that pretty much does everything ?

Talon
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2012-06-12 07:16:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Use a tractor beam?


or

Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

Don't like salvaging? neither do I, so don't do it.


Pretty much /thread.

Yolanta Geezenstack
GWA Corp
#113 - 2012-06-12 07:26:25 UTC
Godwin's Law hitting in on page 4, not bad.

Though, it was the OP himself - not sure it counts then.
Phill Esteen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2012-06-12 07:33:36 UTC
Yolanta Geezenstack wrote:
Godwin's Law hitting in on page 4, not bad.

Though, it was the OP himself - not sure it counts then.


it was really an inversion of Godwin's law; rather than "you are like Hitler", we had "you are like one who compares others to Hitler"

– postum faex est – 

never forget

Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#115 - 2012-06-12 07:33:54 UTC
Yea, I've changed my mind after all. CCP was really onto something. I hope more game companies will focus on making games more annoying, tedious, and boring. Those are the exact feelings I want to feel when I sit down to play a video game.


Now I'll go watch that irony-free HTFU internet tough-guy rap video again.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#116 - 2012-06-12 07:45:31 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
I hope more game companies will focus on making games more annoying, tedious, and boring.
Don't worry, they are. Largely by clinging to those outdated class/level-based systems which are built around a constant grind for the bigger/higher/better level and gear.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#117 - 2012-06-12 07:47:14 UTC
Phill Esteen wrote:
Yolanta Geezenstack wrote:
Godwin's Law hitting in on page 4, not bad.

Though, it was the OP himself - not sure it counts then.


it was really an inversion of Godwin's law; rather than "you are like ******", we had "you are like one who compares others to ******"

Actually it was pointing out how low a threshold that guy had for hating someone to the point of wishing they weren't human, and the same for the guy who wanted me to wear cement shoes (in other words, the things I've written in this thread warrant me being murdered, and my body not allowed a proper burial.)
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2012-06-12 07:54:41 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So, the first thing I'd do if EVE hired me is,

Create a task force of devs to help new players with terminal illnesses, such as cancer, AIDS, etc who would like to fly t2 ships, battleships and capital ships, but will die before the TIME required to achieve those goals passes.

Then I'd add a few specialized slots to battleships, so they could have scanners, cloaks, analyzers, tractor beams, salvagers, etc, without sacrificing dps or tank. This would make it worthwhile to actually level up your skills, as opposed to each new ship being exactly like the last one... (tank or dps)



Go take the hobbits to isengard, you son of a frelling goat !
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#119 - 2012-06-12 08:27:21 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
LOL why should I have to?


Because of Matt Damon!

That's about as seriously as I wish to treat your entitled whine. You leave with nothing, good day sir!

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Bossy Lady
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#120 - 2012-06-12 08:29:11 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
in other words, the things I've written in this thread warrant me being murdered, and my body not allowed a proper burial


I'm struggling to find arguments against your hypothesis.




(in game)

Posting on this character because apparently some people get upset when they're asked difficult questions. M.