These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Give me a break

First post
Author
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-06-12 04:53:18 UTC
You guys are right. Everything I've said is crap. And I should be killed.

You're all so much smarter than me, and better human beings. And you all look like body builders in real life, and you all are billionaires.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#82 - 2012-06-12 05:05:19 UTC
uhmm.
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Now name a successful MMO that doesn't let you customize the look of your avatar.

EVE...
Oh wait, your ship isn't your avatar.




And of course, u mad bro?

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-06-12 05:10:45 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So, the first thing I'd do if EVE hired me is,

Create a task force of devs to help new players with terminal illnesses, such as cancer, AIDS, etc who would like to fly t2 ships, battleships and capital ships, but will die before the TIME required to achieve those goals passes.

Then I'd add a few specialized slots to battleships, so they could have scanners, cloaks, analyzers, tractor beams, salvagers, etc, without sacrificing dps or tank. This would make it worthwhile to actually level up your skills, as opposed to each new ship being exactly like the last one... (tank or dps)

Hey douchebag, I'm terminally ill. Go eff, yourself.


Dear CCP. I'm sorry.
And it's not a joke.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#84 - 2012-06-12 05:15:37 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So, the first thing I'd do if EVE hired me is,

Create a task force of devs to help new players with terminal illnesses, such as cancer, AIDS, etc who would like to fly t2 ships, battleships and capital ships, but will die before the TIME required to achieve those goals passes.

Then I'd add a few specialized slots to battleships, so they could have scanners, cloaks, analyzers, tractor beams, salvagers, etc, without sacrificing dps or tank. This would make it worthwhile to actually level up your skills, as opposed to each new ship being exactly like the last one... (tank or dps)

Hey douchebag, I'm terminally ill. Go eff, yourself.


Dear CCP. I'm sorry.
And it's not a joke.

Then it would be logical for you to support the initiative. Unfortunately, it's exceedingly difficult to find people with logical positions on Internet forums. Instead, simply because I mention terminal illness, you tell me to go eff myself.



Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-06-12 05:15:54 UTC
hey OP......you whine like a baby. You make more noise then a baby?

But seriously you should take the time to read the ISK Guide. look at the ships and discover that there is this awsome ship out there in game called a NOCTIS!
Yes a Noctis. its awsomeness for the mission whore
Awsomeness for the Ratting plexing whore
you can put tractor beams on it and salvagers to make even more isk.

But something tells me you over reacted like a...... BABY!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#86 - 2012-06-12 05:21:44 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Unfortunately, it's exceedingly difficult to find people with logical positions on Internet forums. Instead, simply because I mention terminal illness, you tell me to go eff myself.
Maybe because you're trying to score cheap points rather than present a logical reason why any change is needed?

Maybe you should address the points being made rather than make the people offering those points the topic?

Maybe you should listen to the advice people are offering regarding what you might be doing wrong, rather than assume that it's the game that is broken?
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-06-12 05:25:02 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Unfortunately, it's exceedingly difficult to find people with logical positions on Internet forums. Instead, simply because I mention terminal illness, you tell me to go eff myself.
Maybe because you're trying to score cheap points rather than present a logical reason why any change is needed?

Maybe you should address the points being made rather than make the people offering those points the topic?

Maybe you should listen to the advice people are offering regarding what you might be doing wrong, rather than assume that it's the game that is broken?

I'm not "doing anything wrong."

I own a noctis. I bought one when they came out years ago.

No one has explained how how the loot system works benefits us players. No one has even tried. The only time someone came close was when they said how it helps people steal loot. LOL.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#88 - 2012-06-12 05:33:13 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
I'm not "doing anything wrong."
“spending 10 minutes slowboating to a wreck”
“having to alt-tab out to the internet every 5 minutes so you don't fall asleep”
“target it with a tractor beam, wait for it to come to you, then loot it, then salvage it. After 3 tries, or 6 or 8 salvage tries.”
“having to use a tractor beam, or salvage rig.”
“you ARE FORCED to fly to each wreck.”

All of these are cases of doing it wrong.

Quote:
I own a noctis. I bought one when they came out years ago.
Then why are you having problems?

Quote:
No one has explained how how the loot system works benefits us players. No one has even tried. The only time someone came close was when they said how it helps people steal loot. LOL.
In other words, we have explained how it benefits us players. Oh, and that is not the only instance.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-06-12 05:36:40 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:

Then it would be logical for you to support the initiative. Unfortunately, it's exceedingly difficult to find people with logical positions on Internet forums. Instead, simply because I mention terminal illness, you tell me to go eff myself.




Don't patronize me. You made an incredibly **** comment, period.

I do my fair share of trolling and ass hatry, but at least I have the decency to know where to draw the line.

A disingenuous comment is a disingenuous comment. You should probably just take my insult and report my post, instead of trying to continue this line of discussion. You won't get; I do sincerely hope that you never do.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#90 - 2012-06-12 05:37:43 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Maxime Entropy wrote:
I'm not "doing anything wrong."
“spending 10 minutes slowboating to a wreck”
“having to alt-tab out to the internet every 5 minutes so you don't fall asleep”
“target it with a tractor beam, wait for it to come to you, then loot it, then salvage it. After 3 tries, or 6 or 8 salvage tries.”
“having to use a tractor beam, or salvage rig.”
“you ARE FORCED to fly to each wreck.”

All of these are cases of doing it wrong.

Quote:
I own a noctis. I bought one when they came out years ago.
Then why are you having problems?

Quote:
No one has explained how how the loot system works benefits us players. No one has even tried. The only time someone came close was when they said how it helps people steal loot. LOL.
In other words, we have explained how it benefits us players. Oh, and that is not the only instance.

Wonder why, in those MMOs that have millions of players, the loot system is not specifically designed for people to come and steal your loot....

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people being able to steal your stuff, in fact I think it's awesome.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#91 - 2012-06-12 05:38:35 UTC
OP Needs a Noctis... any sellers?

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#92 - 2012-06-12 05:40:38 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Wonder why, in those MMOs that have millions of players, the loot system is not specifically designed for people to come and steal your loot....
What you should be asking is why it's specifically designed to allow for it in EVE.

This will answer a lot of your questions.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#93 - 2012-06-12 05:41:03 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Maxime Entropy wrote:

Then it would be logical for you to support the initiative. Unfortunately, it's exceedingly difficult to find people with logical positions on Internet forums. Instead, simply because I mention terminal illness, you tell me to go eff myself.




Don't patronize me. You made an incredibly **** comment, period.

I do my fair share of trolling and ass hatry, but at least I have the decency to know where to draw the line.

A disingenuous comment is a disingenuous comment. You should probably just take my insult and report my post, instead of trying to continue this line of discussion. You won't get; I do sincerely hope that you never do.

Huh? What incredibly "something" comment did I make? I'm simply pointing out the obvious truth.

FACT: A certain percentage of EVE players will DIE before reaching their goals in this game, and they can't do **** about it. It's a FACT.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#94 - 2012-06-12 05:41:51 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
[

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people being able to steal your stuff, in fact I think it's awesome.

The fact that it takes time to get to the wreck would actually benefit a game were someone in a faster ship could fly in and steal the loot from you.

Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-06-12 05:49:08 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:

Huh? What incredibly "something" comment did I make? I'm simply pointing out the obvious truth.


no, you tried to score cheap sympathy points by using the terminally ill player card, which is pure douchebaggery and deserved every bit of disdain and disgust you get, doubly so from actual terminally ill players who wanted to be no part of your bs.
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#96 - 2012-06-12 06:02:44 UTC
Sobach wrote:
Maxime Entropy wrote:

Huh? What incredibly "something" comment did I make? I'm simply pointing out the obvious truth.


no, you tried to score cheap sympathy points by using the terminally ill player card, which is pure douchebaggery and deserved every bit of disdain and disgust you get, doubly so from actual terminally ill players who wanted to be no part of your bs.


I don't think he tried to score sympathy points. He just "used" terminally ill players as a point to exaggerately state that you need months and years to reach any goal in this game, by saying these players couldn't reach their goals before they die.

Which I still need to wrap my head around, why it should be bad to have long-term goals in a game. I mean, it's not that you can't have fun in the meantime.

I'm playing little over a week now and am having fun. There's -so much- I still want to skill for and try, and I'm looking forward to it, but just "having fun now" works too, so it really is an advantage to know there are new things to do for years.
Herr Hammer Draken
#97 - 2012-06-12 06:03:16 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
And if this thread is deleted, or trolled heavily, I must point out, that I'm tired of filling out that part of the subscription cancellation process that asked why I'm cancelling.

This time I've decided to make a thread about it. It's not that suicide ganking that bothers me, or whatever goonswarm or the russians do, or the economy, it's the little things CCP did just to take up more time for some inane and arbitrary reason, or just to make more money.

I really think the game has potential, if they would just hire some people with the job of

Streamlining gameplay, improving the user experience

I feel there is NO ONE at CCP offices who has that job title.

But there could very well be a guy with the job description of:

"Making things take longer & complicating things" Hell, I think they have a whole department for that.


Everything already exsists in the game to solve all of your problems. If you do not choose to use them that is your problem not CCP's. Everything has a give and take as designed. No you are not supposed to have everything you want all in one ship.
It is that way on purpose to give incentive to work as a group in a multiplayer game. Working as intended and will never work the way you want IE. solo. Deal with it or not. Change EVE to make you happy will never happen.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#98 - 2012-06-12 06:20:46 UTC
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
And if this thread is deleted, or trolled heavily, I must point out, that I'm tired of filling out that part of the subscription cancellation process that asked why I'm cancelling.

This time I've decided to make a thread about it. It's not that suicide ganking that bothers me, or whatever goonswarm or the russians do, or the economy, it's the little things CCP did just to take up more time for some inane and arbitrary reason, or just to make more money.

I really think the game has potential, if they would just hire some people with the job of

Streamlining gameplay, improving the user experience

I feel there is NO ONE at CCP offices who has that job title.

But there could very well be a guy with the job description of:

"Making things take longer & complicating things" Hell, I think they have a whole department for that.


Everything already exsists in the game to solve all of your problems. If you do not choose to use them that is your problem not CCP's. Everything has a give and take as designed. No you are not supposed to have everything you want all in one ship.
It is that way on purpose to give incentive to work as a group in a multiplayer game. Working as intended and will never work the way you want IE. solo. Deal with it or not. Change EVE to make you happy will never happen.

So, are you telling me that if 500 people came to the forums and said, we want more options for fitting higher level, more expensive ships like battleships or t2 ships, you would DISAGREE with them? I highly doubt you would.

But one guy asking for more abilities, or asking for anything, is low hanging fruit for disagreeable people. But in the end, it's the same thing. I'm just asking for more abilities, and more customization in ships... more content. It's quite uncontroversial. I'm asking for being able to do missions faster. That is SEEMINGLY uncontroversial.

But of course, I'm just one guy... asking for something without a army typists at my back, very easy to marginalize.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#99 - 2012-06-12 06:24:50 UTC
Let's say, it takes at least a year to fly a carrier, and I think it takes more for all the other skills you need so we'll say a year and half.

So now you're in the carrier, after a year and a half... waited a long time, so what can you do now that you couldn't do before? Is the time spent equal to the reward? Have your abilities increased that greatly? NOPE. You've got the same module limitations in a ship that took and year and a half to get as one that took 2 months.

Ridiculous.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#100 - 2012-06-12 06:27:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Maxime Entropy wrote:
So, are you telling me that if 500 people came to the forums and said, we want more options for fitting higher level, more expensive ships like battleships or t2 ships, you would DISAGREE with them?
No, he's not. He's saying that you're not supposed to have everything you want in one ship.

Quote:
But one guy asking for more abilities, or asking for anything, is low hanging fruit for disagreeable people.
Nope.

Quote:
I'm just asking for more abilities, and more customization in ships.
Actually, no. You're asking for automation of something that isn't meant to be automated, to avoid work that you're meant to do (or choose not to because it's not worth your time) using the various options already at your disposal which have costs and benefits that give you different advantages when pitted against other players.

You're not asking for more content. You're asking for less. That's why people aren't agreeing with you.

Quote:
So now you're in the carrier, after a year and a half... waited a long time, so what can you do now that you couldn't do before? Is the time spent equal to the reward? Have your abilities increased that greatly?
Yes. You have been given a rather wide array of abilities you didn't have before and other abilities have increased greatly. Whether the time spent was worth it is not something that is objectively quantifiable. Do you need those added abilities? Then yes. If not, then no… but then again, why did you train it if you didn't need it? Once again: your bad decisions isn't a game design flaw.

By the way, you didn't have to wait for a year and a half.