These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Give me a break

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#61 - 2012-06-12 03:57:00 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.
Maximum Entropy
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-06-12 04:02:58 UTC
So in Tippia's world......


I tell another person: Hi! I'm going to kill you in one hour. The good news is, I'm giving you 3 options as to how I'll kill you.

Oh JOY! Yes, I'm going to die, he says, but at least I have three options as to how!!!

Why is the total number of "likes received" a poster has inversely proportional to the quality of posts one makes?

Maximum Entropy
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-06-12 04:04:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.

Why is the total number of "likes received" a poster has inversely proportional to the quality of posts one makes?

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#64 - 2012-06-12 04:05:01 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.


Man, you've already lost all your credibility.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#65 - 2012-06-12 04:05:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So in Tippia's world......
Nope.

What you just described is your world. Don't try to hang it around my neck because I have nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on
…and yet you have no idea how EVE works. For instance, you think there is such a thing as “respeccing”. For another, you think you have to do it to change your tactics or employ any specific set of tools. Then, there's the issue that you are not considering the full breadth of options available to you, or understanding what your actual problem is.

Again: your bad decisions are not game problems. The most fundamentally flawed decision in this case seems to be that you are looting to begin with…
Torneach
Doomheim
#66 - 2012-06-12 04:05:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Torneach
You know the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'?

You want 'jack of all trades, master of all too'.

Sorry, not gonna get it.


Maximum Entropy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.


The first sign a person has realized he's lost an argument: the ad hominem.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#67 - 2012-06-12 04:07:48 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.

The stupid on the forums is at an all time high today. Is the moon full?
Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2012-06-12 04:08:33 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Man, you've already lost all your credibility.


pretty much, it's just embarrassing to see him trying to maintain the facade that he's actually serious.



on the slim chance that he's actually serious, well, it's still embarrassing, knowing that someone like him is of the same specie as me.
Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-06-12 04:11:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxime Entropy
Sobach wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Man, you've already lost all your credibility.


pretty much, it's just embarrassing to see him trying to maintain the facade that he's actually serious.



on the slim chance that he's actually serious, well, it's still embarrassing, knowing that someone like him is of the same specie as me.


Uh for some reason it switched the author, but this is still Maximum Entropy obviously,

but I just had to say, if you say that about me I can't imagine what you'd say about someone like, oh I don't know, a certain WWII instigator.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#70 - 2012-06-12 04:13:34 UTC
Brake not given.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#71 - 2012-06-12 04:13:48 UTC
Torneach wrote:
You know the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'?

You want 'jack of all trades, master of all too'.

Sorry, not gonna get it.


Maximum Entropy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.


The first sign a person has realized he's lost an argument: the ad hominem.


Now count the number of times an ad hominem attack as used on me in the thread... thanks...
Torneach
Doomheim
#72 - 2012-06-12 04:15:08 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Now count the number of times an ad hominem attack as used on me in the thread... thanks...


So because somebody did it first, you now have license to do it as well?

Come on, man, if someone attacks you, don't fall to their level. Just keep your head up and ignore it.
R0me0 Charl1e
Easy A Industries
#73 - 2012-06-12 04:15:51 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.

After reading this, I have now liked all of Tippia's posts in this thread.

Hope you get to 8k soon Tippia!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#74 - 2012-06-12 04:18:59 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Now count the number of times an ad hominem attack as used on me in the thread... thanks...
Do you have any examples? I see plenty of people calling you stupid because they think your ideas are silly; I don't see so many claiming that your ideas are silly because you are stupid.

The former isn't really an ad hominem; the latter is.
Phill Esteen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2012-06-12 04:22:29 UTC
Maxime Entropy's ideas are silly because he or she is stupid

and bald

– postum faex est – 

never forget

Maxime Entropy
Doomheim
#76 - 2012-06-12 04:23:05 UTC
R0me0 Charl1e wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So yea, you can just respec to a LOOTING Guy, OR in EVE, a noctis, then respec BACK to a combat class, and you'll have to about 5 times during each play session.
…except, of course, that you don't.

In fact, pretty much nothing in the scenario you described was correct for how things work in EVE.


Actually, it's pretty much spot on. As I've said, I've played for over 5 years off and on, and unlike you, I've never spent any of that time trying to get SEVEN THOUSAND people to like the posts I make on the forums.

After reading this, I have now liked all of Tippia's posts in this thread.

Hope you get to 8k soon Tippia!

I'm sure he will. Especially if he follows these simple rules for being loved on the forums:

Always support CCP's decisions, no matter what.

Anytime someone posts a valid point, or a good idea, accuse them of trolling.

Anytime someone is trolling, accuse them of trolling.

Never challenge the status quo, or conventional wisdom, unless the majority of FORUM users, as opposed to people who play the game, disagree with it.

Make sure 80% of your posts are smiley bumps.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#77 - 2012-06-12 04:24:47 UTC
Maxime Entropy wrote:
Anytime someone posts a valid point, or a good idea, accuse them of trolling.

This post was neither.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#78 - 2012-06-12 04:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Maxime Entropy wrote:
I'm sure he will. Especially if he follows these simple rules for being loved on the forums:

Always support CCP's decisions, no matter what.
…except that most of my likes come from me not supporting their decisions and being quite vocal about it. They'd probably be double what I currently have if the forums had been in working order during Incarna.

Quote:
Anytime someone posts a valid point, or a good idea, accuse them of trolling.
…except that I don't call people trolls (especially if they're trolling), but rather argue the points they're trying to make, since they are rarely valid or particularly good. Arguing is more fun than just dismissing people.

Quote:
Anytime someone is trolling, accuse them of trolling.
…except that my tactic for trolls is to treat them as if they were serious because for every actual troll, there are ten people who genuinely think the troll's hilariously bad idea is a good idea. Arguing their ideas with the troll as a proxy is just more efficient.

Quote:
Never challenge the status quo, or conventional wisdom, unless the majority of FORUM users, as opposed to people who play the game, disagree with it.
…except that the conventional wisdom usually isn't wise, and that I'm quite fond of demonstrating this, and except that the challenging the status quo requires some reasoning and I challenge those who offer none. If you come up with a good argument why the status quo needs to change, then I'll gladly support it.

Quote:
Make sure 80% of your posts are smiley bumps.
…except that I don't bump posts.

Anything else you'd like to be wrong about?
The Riddik
Dark Club
#79 - 2012-06-12 04:36:51 UTC
Maximum Entropy wrote:
So in Tippia's world......


I tell another person: Hi! I'm going to kill you in one hour. The good news is, I'm giving you 3 options as to how I'll kill you.

Oh JOY! Yes, I'm going to die, he says, but at least I have three options as to how!!!





your an idiot, your the reason they invented cement shoes.
R0me0 Charl1e
Easy A Industries
#80 - 2012-06-12 04:43:50 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Rebuttal to Maxime Entropy

And that is why she's getting my likes in this thread.