These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Inferno 1.1 Sisi features

First post First post First post
Author
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#141 - 2012-06-11 21:33:50 UTC
This thread is locked until I get into work tomorrow and get a hold of it again. I made extremely civil, decent requests to keep this thread relevant. Those requests were ignored, so tomorrow I will clean up the thread and reopen it for reasonable, constructive feedback on the Inferno 1.1 features currently on Singularity. For those unable to post said feedback, I apologise and the thread will be open again by 10am tomorrow (GMT).

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Markius TheShed
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#142 - 2012-06-12 09:48:23 UTC
So we were waiting for a reply to the question "why can't the defenders hire allies for FREE until both side have the same numbers" ??

As this would mean more pilots fighting, More explosions and more ships burning.

Is'nt that what Inferno is suppose to be about?

**Murientor Tribe** a capsuleer organization composed of radical Minmatar. Since YC107

Kata Amentis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#143 - 2012-06-12 09:54:26 UTC
re the cost of adding allies: the problem does seem to stem from the fact that these changes are looking at the corp/alliance level when applying a cost, when it should be looking at member numbers.


Would it be possible to apply a cost to calling in allies only if your "side" as a whole has more numbers than the other "side"?

Ie 50man corp decs a 10man corp; the 10man corp can pull in allies for free until they become a 50man entity making the war "balanced"*, be that 4 other 10man corps, or one 40man corp, or whatever.

Once the defenders are at 50, they can continue to pull in allies but it costs them as they are turning the numbers in their favour.


Making the allies system look at the number of pilots on each side conceptually ties in with the war cost being based on pilot numbers too, although there is some work to be done here for timings and edge cases and the like.




* as much as pvp is ever balanced

Curiosity killed the Kata... ... but being immortal he wasn't too worried about keeping a count.

Zilero
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2012-06-12 10:34:33 UTC
Just limit the wars you can be an ally in to ONE war. Would solve the problem Big smile
Serge SC
The Valhalla Project
#145 - 2012-06-12 11:18:50 UTC
Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to reiterate on it.

The V3 Minmatar ships have lost their personality. No longer does the Vagabond have that unique look with the wingy bits at the sides, now it doesn't look different from a Stabber, just a darker Stabber at it. Same applies to the Claymore/Cyclone. The dark pattern doesn't sit well.

The Tempest Fleet issue is no longer easily recognizable. Out squared wingy bits are gone too. Now it is just another Tempest with a different paint job, and what's worse, the model wasn't even fixed. The exhaust still has the 2 plates at the side floating and not attached, and the tower to the right, on top of the right turrets, is also floating. The telephone poles are also nowhere to be found and the cockpit looks like a lighter green blob on top of the rest.

The regular Tempest, I can live with it, not fan, but not hating it. The Vargur looks kinda neat, and out of the Tempest hulls, it's the best. The Fleet Tempest is now unimaginative. The Tribal Tempest however, our unique and best ship, just looks terrible - sorry, but it does.

The lighter tone on the staple Minmatar ship, the Hurricane, looks bad all around as well. The Cyclone pattern is nice, but the Hurricane's looks are not up to par - and the new Tornado, why? It looked well already.

On that note, uniformed, perfectly painted, all-equal ships are not Minmatar-looking. They feel more Gallentean/Amarrian rather than Minmatar. I fly mostly Minmatar ships, and I've always loved the unique look, the missmatched colours, the blocky and improvised feel they have, those random bits attached to the hull, those solar panels that protrude sometimes, or how well and recognisable they are. It just feels like the newer versions have taken that away. And the lighter colours feel out of place on the ships.

Sorry to be this negative, but it just doesn't feel right/

Serge SC Le Frenchman Friendly FC

impli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#146 - 2012-06-12 11:23:04 UTC
Feedback : • Adding flares to missiles. Makes them visible when zoomed out.

Threat: Forum url

Please add more brighter light to the flares or more flares, because missiles still are difficulty to see when zoomed out.
Mata1s
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#147 - 2012-06-12 11:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Mata1s
After checking out the new V3 Minmatar skins for a forth time I now actually quite like them all, apart from the pitch black Core Complexion skins, the Claymore and Scimitar in particular look ridiculous and need to be revised.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#148 - 2012-06-12 11:59:06 UTC
Updated OP with Five-0 incursion changes and some GoD Unified Inventory fixes

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#149 - 2012-06-12 12:06:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
CCP Goliath wrote:
Updated OP with Five-0 incursion changes and some GoD Unified Inventory fixes

Green around active ship in inventory and ships window in Station Services is not in your patch notesCool

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Silly Slot
Phoenix Evolved Part Duo
#150 - 2012-06-12 12:34:10 UTC
Goliath,

any word on if we're gonna get any new goodies in 1.1 as i thought there was going to be a trickle of new modules throughout inferno?

also is that really all five-0 are doing for 1.1? 2 rollbacks?
Silly Slot
Phoenix Evolved Part Duo
#151 - 2012-06-12 12:34:50 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Updated OP with Five-0 incursion changes and some GoD Unified Inventory fixes

Green around active ship in inventory and ships window in Station Services is not in your patch notesCool


i know lol and it actually looks kinda sexy and standoff
Jared Tobin
Bloodstone Industries
B.S.I.
#152 - 2012-06-12 12:35:54 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I would really like it if someone tried out the new UI control I added in the war lists and would give me feedback on how they like using itSmile

it's a new utility menu where you can change settings (like mark your war open for allies) without having to pop up a window and change the setting there. it also has an option to open the war report since some people felt it got lost because it wasn't in a right click, only on double clicking.

Its good but needs to be mouse over not right clickLol


there's no right click on it...


...Yeah, you asked for feedback... he gives you feedback, and you response this way??

What in gods' names is going on with the developers with this?

One thing is for sure, "Intrinsic motivation" is NOT working, Mr. Roy Lantz....

If it was, no one would be griping about updates exceeding once a week, after admitting there is a major problem is still in existence in the game..........

[sighs]
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#153 - 2012-06-12 12:39:19 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Punkturis
Jared Tobin wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I would really like it if someone tried out the new UI control I added in the war lists and would give me feedback on how they like using itSmile

it's a new utility menu where you can change settings (like mark your war open for allies) without having to pop up a window and change the setting there. it also has an option to open the war report since some people felt it got lost because it wasn't in a right click, only on double clicking.

Its good but needs to be mouse over not right clickLol


there's no right click on it...


...Yeah, you asked for feedback... he gives you feedback, and you response this way??

What in gods' names is going on with the developers with this?

One thing is for sure, "Intrinsic motivation" is NOT working, Mr. Roy Lantz....

If it was, no one would be griping about updates exceeding once a week, after admitting there is a major problem is still in existence in the game..........

[sighs]


I didn't understand his feedback since he implied there was right click on the control which there isn't..

edit: Salpun has given me a bunch of good feedback before and I've often had conversations with him so I'm sure he didn't take it as negatively as you seem to have doneBig smile

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

M'nu
Vard School of Cryo Cuisine
#154 - 2012-06-12 12:43:37 UTC
Whoever did that job on the Prowler. Lets that man/women/diety redesign all the T2 ships. Seriously that is some awesome spaceshit. I really like it when T2 ships are modded heavily from their T1 counterparts.

Shame the prowler is cloaked all the time.
salfun
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2012-06-12 12:49:33 UTC  |  Edited by: salfun
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Jared Tobin wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I would really like it if someone tried out the new UI control I added in the war lists and would give me feedback on how they like using itSmile

it's a new utility menu where you can change settings (like mark your war open for allies) without having to pop up a window and change the setting there. it also has an option to open the war report since some people felt it got lost because it wasn't in a right click, only on double clicking.

Its good but needs to be mouse over not right clickLol


there's no right click on it...


...Yeah, you asked for feedback... he gives you feedback, and you response this way??

What in gods' names is going on with the developers with this?

One thing is for sure, "Intrinsic motivation" is NOT working, Mr. Roy Lantz....

If it was, no one would be griping about updates exceeding once a week, after admitting there is a major problem is still in existence in the game..........

[sighs]


I didn't understand his feedback since he implied there was right click on the control which there isn't..

edit: Salpun has given me a bunch of good feedback before and I've often had conversations with him so I'm sure he didn't take it as negatively as you seem to have doneBig smile

Yep All is good you understand the two suggestions I raised though Cool This is Salpun cant search dev posts on my main right now for some reasonWhat?
M'nu
Vard School of Cryo Cuisine
#156 - 2012-06-12 12:55:28 UTC
CCP Punkturis, 1 thing.

1) Make that lil thingy right clickable also so people dont spaz out and omg. Otherwise I like it. Was going to say that it needs the back arrow, but it opens it in a new window so not needed.


And to those wondering, they added clothes to the FW LP store.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#157 - 2012-06-12 13:03:36 UTC
salfun wrote:
Yep All is good you understand the two suggestions I raised though Cool This is Salpun cant search dev posts on my main right now for some reasonWhat?
Do you get some sort of an error?

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

salfun
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#158 - 2012-06-12 13:06:44 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
salfun wrote:
Yep All is good you understand the two suggestions I raised though Cool This is Salpun cant search dev posts on my main right now for some reasonWhat?
Do you get some sort of an error?

Yep two BR 138450 and 135680 "error while searching" Its like I hit the upper limit of searchs or something switching to an alt worksWhat?
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#159 - 2012-06-12 13:10:05 UTC
salfun wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
salfun wrote:
Yep All is good you understand the two suggestions I raised though Cool This is Salpun cant search dev posts on my main right now for some reasonWhat?
Do you get some sort of an error?

Yep two BR 138450 and 135680 "error while searching" Its like I hit the upper limit of searchs or something switching to an alt worksWhat?
We're looking into this issue.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#160 - 2012-06-12 13:12:18 UTC
salfun wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
salfun wrote:
Yep All is good you understand the two suggestions I raised though Cool This is Salpun cant search dev posts on my main right now for some reasonWhat?
Do you get some sort of an error?

Yep two BR 138450 and 135680 "error while searching" Its like I hit the upper limit of searchs or something switching to an alt worksWhat?


When I get the constant "Error while searching" I Ctrl+F5 the page and it usually works. If not, I just open a different browser.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP