These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar V3 on SISI.

First post First post
Author
Sovai Elaaren
KABS Deep Recon Unit
#81 - 2012-06-15 04:23:18 UTC
Just checking things out on Sisi tonight and it appears the wolf has lost some of it's T2 doodads. The what seemed to be faux-missile launchers above the engines are gone and it's basically a reskinned rifter. I really hope those come back, it looked way better with those intact!
Kat Sheen
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-06-15 04:53:01 UTC
Imo, Core Complexion ships need to be a bit brighter or maybe more defined. As it stands, most of the time, the black just seems to drown most details.
Einar Matveinen
Mahe Ratu
#83 - 2012-06-15 17:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Einar Matveinen
Amarr V3 TII ship corporation icons have changed in Sisi (khanid innovations, Carthum and Viziam), are you going to change actual Minmatar Tech II ship icons in Sisi before tuesday 19? (They're Sebiestor tribe, Brutor Tribe and Thukker tribe icons on Tech II ships).
Nihi Lismus
A Lone Wolf Inc.
#84 - 2012-06-16 00:37:24 UTC
At first, i have to say, that all the new matarian shiptextures, t1 and t2 , are really nice. For ships in generall, but not for ships of our peoples.
I've heard a story, that there was a adjustment of the Vargurs texture with the comment: "We found, that the Vargur was too shiny, so we added some layer of rust"
I can't even image, how much work it is, to redesigne all these ships, but you have a little bit time left, till the winterexpansion is comming, so may I beg you, add some layer of rust to the t1 textures, because in rust, we trust.
It's a major part of being a Minmatar, to fly a ship, which will break apart, maybe after the next warp, or maybe not in the next two weeks.

All the t2 textures are great, as they are now on sisi... maybe some details which I haven't seen, but in general these ships should look a little bit more fancy, so the clean textures are matching
Sutha Moliko
Giza'Msafara
#85 - 2012-06-16 09:32:06 UTC
Few disapointments
- The Thukker line ships exchange their green lights for a blue-green lights closer to blue than green.
- Logos are really smalls and look like decals. Unfinished jobs clearly/
- As many say "In rust we trust".

Great job overall, especially by making all v3 brighter.
I just hope a last layer of rust wil be applied that will also help merging logos on hulls.
Einar Matveinen
Mahe Ratu
#86 - 2012-06-16 11:40:06 UTC
Please, correct logos for all Minma Tech II ships (Boundless creations, core complexion and Thukker Mix).

Frontal solar panels (ears) for vagas.

Squared solar panels for fleet tempest.

IWolfMasterI
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#87 - 2012-06-17 02:55:45 UTC
Einar Matveinen wrote:
Please, correct logos for all Minma Tech II ships (Boundless creations, core complexion and Thukker Mix).

Frontal solar panels (ears) for vagas.

Squared solar panels for fleet tempest.

+1
Sutha Moliko
Giza'Msafara
#88 - 2012-06-17 08:08:42 UTC
I noticed that small turrets and missile launchers look smaller on frigates.
Did you change the size ? Obviously, yes.

Well, they were too large on TQ, now they are too small to my taste. As many, I will live with that as time left is too short before the release. However, finish the Hurricane. I zoom in, watch the propulsion, no details at all. Even the TQ version is more detailled. I cannot believe that's the last iteration for one of the most used BC.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#89 - 2012-06-17 16:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mina Sebiestar
*still thinks that color of sand or wave of it added on hulls(tribal markings even) is way more pro/lore/awesome than this in space hide in a bushes camouflage will ever be.

I cant even begin to justify thinking beyond it it is simply r**@***d sry...also tempest fleet issue solar thingy give it back plz.

Also ship bridge is decade old joke.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#90 - 2012-06-17 16:40:17 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
*still thinks that color of sand or wave of it added on hulls(tribal markings even) is way more pro/lore/awesome than this in space hide in a bushes camouflage will ever be.

I cant even begin to justify thinking beyond it it is simply r**@***d sry...also tempest fleet issue solar thingy give it back plz.

Also ship bridge is decade old joke.

Think of it as traditional military decoration, not camouflage. Space camouflage are cloaking devices.
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#91 - 2012-06-17 19:32:39 UTC
CCP Huskarl wrote:
Hey Rust lovers

I just wanted to let you know that I agree with those of you who think that the new Minmatar color looks too "tan" and not the nice deep rust tone that most of us like. We can however not fix this before Inferno 1.1

The color of the ships is done mostly in our engine .This give us more options and control over variations but it also tends make colors a little more monotone. We are aware of this and looking into ways to improve on it

While your at it, can you please switch the color themes back betweent he V3's Minmatar and Amarr, since the new Minmatar ships are an average (except for the faction/T2 ships which have been dunked in black paint) closer to that 'golden brown' than most of the new V3'd Amarr ships which are much closer to the dirty rust color of the old Minmatar textures...

I just want the amarr ships to be that glorious golden tan color instead of this new poop brown color which is..well, ugly.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2012-06-18 07:48:51 UTC
give us our rust back ccp you are messing with a cult of rust loving capsuleers since when a kaki sand color is needed in space? sand dunes?

remember this "In rust we trust"

hurricane the details ???? what details its a flat cartoon looking hull its amateuristic art what was colored with crayons or something similar a 3 year old could make. except drawing inside the lines of the picture maybe.

https://zkillboard.com/character/584042527/

MidnightWyvern
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#93 - 2012-06-19 15:30:49 UTC
Honestly, I think the pallet brightening on all V3 assets positively affected the Amarr assets, but it just seems a little too much for the Caldari and Amarr, and several of the Minmatar ships look almost to be made of wood rather than "rust and duct tape". I think they should keep the brightening for the Amarr assets, but tone down the others a bit, or revert them depending on which fits better.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-06-19 17:41:33 UTC
Now that 1.1 is delayed can we have the Minmatar color fixed in time for the new release date?
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2012-06-19 23:21:44 UTC
- Vaga model removed from game, now just a paintjob
- Fleet Tempest model removed from game, now just a paintjob
- all Boundless Creation ships sport the Brutor tribe logo
- all Core Complexion ships show the sebiestor tribe logo
- tiny, near impossible to spot manufacturer logos in colours that can only be classified as intentionally hard to notice

I am sure it is an unjust conclusion, but from the look and feel if I had to guess, I'd say the reworking of the entire minmatar lineup received about as much effort as 2 amarr, caldari or gallente ships.
I look at them, and I do not see "I want to redo the minmatar ships", I see "I have to redo those too since we did the others".
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2012-06-20 07:32:24 UTC
so this is the long awaited winmatard nerf ive been asking for. but i was hoping AC's and speed would get nerfed as well.
Implying Implications
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-06-20 12:33:26 UTC
The Thukker ships are perfect. Don't touch them. Except adding solar panels to the Vagabond.
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2012-06-20 14:28:52 UTC
They said earlier in the thread they're not fussing too much over ships that are due for a total remake. Solar panels on the Tempest aren't gonna change since the new one is already being modeled. Stabber isn't on the white board yet but it's such a poor and terrible looking model you have to think it's soon going to be there.
Toguri Iva
Mahe Ratu
#99 - 2012-06-20 19:39:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Toguri Iva
I don't understand why you've made incorrect logos for Amarr Tech II ships on a first patch (Inferno) and why you've corrected these logos in a second patch (inferno 1.1). In Inferno Amarr TII ships have Sarum, Ardishapur and Khanid Kingdom logos and in Inferno 1.1 they'll have the correct Khanid innovations, Carthum and Viziam logos.

Why're you repeating this procedure with Minmatar V3?. First version of TII Minmatar ships have Sebiestor, Brutor and Thukker Tribe logos instead of Boundless, Thukker Mix or Core Complexion logos. Are you going to correct this on a later patch again?.

I don't understand why not making the correct logos in the first V3 version Question
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#100 - 2012-06-20 20:00:44 UTC
Toguri Iva wrote:
I don't understand why you've made incorrect logos for Amarr Tech II ships on a first patch (Inferno) and why you've corrected these logos in a second patch (inferno 1.1). In Inferno Amarr TII ships have Sarum, Ardishapur and Khanid Kingdom logos and in Inferno 1.1 they'll have the correct Khanid innovations, Carthum and Viziam logos.

Why're you repeating this procedure with Minmatar V3?. First version of TII Minmatar ships have Sebiestor, Brutor and Thukker Tribe logos instead of Boundless, Thukker Mix or Core Complexion logos. Are you going to correct this on a later patch again?.

I don't understand why not making the correct logos in the first V3 version Question

Likely because it was done earlier on in the process.

It isn't

Amarr V3 > Minmatar V3.

They do both at the same time. Amarr ships just finished earlier and were released before the others (I.e. gal/cal were released at the same time). The problem was the same for both factions, it has since been fixed on the amarr ships in the new patch, and will likely be fixed in the Minmatar ones in an additional patch. Many of the minmatar ships needed other adjustments, which is why they took longer.