These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

griefing, a simple fix

Author
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-06-07 12:07:36 UTC
I am in a playfull mood. This is the mail I send to their CEO...

Greetings Minor,

As the CEO, I Hope this mail finds you well.

Due to recent events with regards to one of your members I will be persuing a constant and everlasting war agaist your corporation, or I will end it as I see fit.

As with most things due to the grievous insult that flooded my senses from the offending member I consider this act to be just and righteous.

The war will commence once I have concluded my current paid war duties.

Kane

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Velicitia
XS Tech
#22 - 2012-06-07 12:23:05 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Greetings Minor,

Due to recent events with regards to one of your members I will be persuing a constant and everlasting war agaist your corporation, or I will end it as I see fit.

As with most things due to the grievous insult that flooded my senses from the offending member I consider this act to be just and righteous.

Kane

If I received a letter like this, I'd be interested in the name of the person(s) responsible...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#23 - 2012-06-07 12:25:48 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Greetings Minor,

Kane

Dude, you're ganking children now? Not cool man. Bear

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-06-07 12:40:24 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Greetings Minor,

Kane

Hey...

They are older ingame than I am.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#25 - 2012-06-07 13:03:44 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Greetings Minor,

Kane

Hey...

Well, Lord of the Flies is cools.

As you were.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Istyn
Freight Club
#26 - 2012-06-07 14:04:29 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Greetings Minor,

Kane

Hey...

Well, Lord of the Flies is cools.

As you were.

brb just off to get my glasses.
Sir Lomax
New Jovian Exploration Department
New Jovian Collective
#27 - 2012-06-07 14:21:11 UTC
I read a Eve post on Reddit yesterday about a totally newbie that got scanned down doing a mission in a .4 system. He was swiftly vaped and ransomed.

He didn't know it was possible to be scanned down at a mission site.
He didn't know people would try and ransom his pod
He didn't know anything about combat and lost the battle before it even began.

At the end of his post... he proclaimed EVE as being the coolest game he has ever played because of this.

The OP is under some sort of misunderstanding that killing new people in the confines of the rules of the game is some how wrong and will deter people from playing it. You sir are incorrect.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#28 - 2012-06-07 14:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
Last night I was holding for locates on war targets and decided to do a little can flipping to see if anyone was dumb enough to shoot at a red Proteus. I figure you deserve what you get if you try that.

One miner warped out of the belt as soon as I flipped his can. His posts in local went something like this:

Him: Whee!
Me: Umm....bye?
Him: Thanks for the adrenaline rush!
Me: You're welcome I guess. But...why'd you run?

*private convo*

Him: I've been ganked three times, I saw red and hit warp. Run first, look later.
Me: Fair enough. It's a better reflex than gawking in confusion or putting drones on me.

We talked for a bit, he was quite chill about being ganked repeatedly. I gave him some hints on aggro mechanics, talked fittings a bit, and generally had a pleasant conversation with a noob miner in a retriever. I was quite impressed with his attitude. Hopefully he'll stick around and branch out from mining. I suspect that a year from now he'll be around, still not giving a f*** and having a good time however it suits him. He might be a noob miner, but that guy *gets* Eve in a way some people never do.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

InternetSpaceship
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-06-08 04:22:11 UTC
Why can't you pubbies just play the game? It's like for every little thing that happens, you start whining for CCP to change the game so you don't have to do anything differently. Play it yourself.

Say what you like about thieves and gankers, but we actually take the time to learn the game mechanics and learn to use them to our advantage. Makes you wonder why we're so successful, doesn't it?

CCP isn't changing the game just to suit us, we're just the only ones playing the game they gave us.

Official Recruiter for GoonSwarm Corporation.

If you paid isk to get into GoonSwarm, you were probably scammed.  If you had the foresight to save the name of your scammer, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Hookage Hoeslice
APLE WOD BRSTOL
#30 - 2012-06-08 11:34:05 UTC
I'm only a couple months in this game and I jettison but immediately pick up the loot with my xport ship sitting right next to me. Anyone that jettisons a can with out the xport ship right there to pick it up is dumb. There are password protected cans you know, can't fit as much but can't be stolen either.

Get two accounts and train up one guy to transport with the other guy builds up skills in mining and industry. If 30 dollars a month is too much money than you should go back to college and re-evaluate your life.
Chav Queen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-06-08 11:34:09 UTC
Would be nice if the theif became flagged to everyone in the system rather than just the noob and his corp. That might even things up a bit and encourage alot more high sec pvp.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#32 - 2012-06-08 11:43:10 UTC
Chav Queen wrote:
Would be nice if the theif became flagged to everyone in the system rather than just the noob and his corp. That might even things up a bit and encourage alot more high sec pvp.

1) It would kill arranged 1v1s in HS
2) It would get tons of alt haulers killed (miners don't actually have a reason to be in a corp atm)
3) What did the thief do to everyone else? Why should you be able to shoot people who take other people's stuff. Their drama's none of your business.
4) Right now suicide gankers are FFA targets in HS (since most are -5) and nobody's shooting them anyway. Why do you think people would start shooting flagged thieves?
5) A jetcan is putting your stuff in the trash. If you don't want your stuff stolen, keep it in your hold or put it in a secure can.

Major Killz
inglorious bastards.
#33 - 2012-06-08 12:01:33 UTC
Remove local and private chat channels. Problem solved?

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

Shaen Vesuvius
Redcoats
#34 - 2012-06-08 12:30:49 UTC
Allyria Kylari wrote:
Four core stabs?

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=6604850

Challenge accepted.

lol where heroes are made, 15 v 1.

pls keep posting epicness
TEABO BAGGINS
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-06-08 17:52:43 UTC
honest harrington wrote:
I
As things stand the griefer.........salvaging other peoples' mission killed ships.

a level 2 mission is worth like, at the most... 100k in salvage.. raging about salvage is like so 2010.. you can't even give the stuff away its so worthless these days
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#36 - 2012-06-09 07:47:06 UTC
Sir Lomax wrote:
I read a Eve post on Reddit yesterday about a totally newbie that got scanned down doing a mission in a .4 system. He was swiftly vaped and ransomed.

He didn't know it was possible to be scanned down at a mission site.
He didn't know people would try and ransom his pod
He didn't know anything about combat and lost the battle before it even began.

At the end of his post... he proclaimed EVE as being the coolest game he has ever played because of this.

Link would be nice.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Hookage Hoeslice
APLE WOD BRSTOL
#37 - 2012-06-09 11:32:36 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Last night I was holding for locates on war targets and decided to do a little can flipping to see if anyone was dumb enough to shoot at a red Proteus. I figure you deserve what you get if you try that.

One miner warped out of the belt as soon as I flipped his can. His posts in local went something like this:

Him: Whee!
Me: Umm....bye?
Him: Thanks for the adrenaline rush!
Me: You're welcome I guess. But...why'd you run?

*private convo*

Him: I've been ganked three times, I saw red and hit warp. Run first, look later.
Me: Fair enough. It's a better reflex than gawking in confusion or putting drones on me.

We talked for a bit, he was quite chill about being ganked repeatedly. I gave him some hints on aggro mechanics, talked fittings a bit, and generally had a pleasant conversation with a noob miner in a retriever. I was quite impressed with his attitude. Hopefully he'll stick around and branch out from mining. I suspect that a year from now he'll be around, still not giving a f*** and having a good time however it suits him. He might be a noob miner, but that guy *gets* Eve in a way some people never do.

If you were cool you would flip peoples cans while flying a badger, plus you could carry more rocks...just sayin.
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#38 - 2012-06-09 19:19:17 UTC
I always find it odd that no one says that the suicide ganker is a few week old alt in a NPC corp that is a throw away asset?

And how pretty much using it in this way is completely circumventing the sec status mechanic...

"Oh look I got kill rights on a 2 week old pilot but can't blat the tit next to him ready to salvage and loot his targets", yep that makes sense ¬.¬

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#39 - 2012-06-09 19:37:39 UTC
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba wrote:
I always find it odd that no one says that the suicide ganker is a few week old alt in a NPC corp that is a throw away asset?

And how pretty much using it in this way is completely circumventing the sec status mechanic...

"Oh look I got kill rights on a 2 week old pilot but can't blat the tit next to him ready to salvage and loot his targets", yep that makes sense ¬.¬

Recycling alts with low sec status will get you banned pretty quick.

FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#40 - 2012-06-09 20:03:22 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba wrote:

Recycling alts with low sec status will get you banned pretty quick.

My point is that there is no way to retaliate against the actual aggressor. Just a puppet shield they use.
Previous page123Next page