These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Lowsec Survival guide for Carebears.

Author
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#21 - 2012-06-18 06:19:08 UTC
I will just add, if you are thinking of taking up roots in low-sec, check http://evemaps.dotlan.net/ first to make sure it's out of the way of any nearby Faction Warfare space. Pirates and gate camp games are a lot more common there, and people are going to consider you a threat or payday no matter how peaceful and mousy you are.
Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-06-18 09:54:24 UTC
Very good guide, man. I definitely enjoyed reading every word of it, even though it was a bit lengthy.

Living in low-sec isn't easy nor safe. And it shouldn't be either. The idea of constant danger only reinforces the value of friends or allies.

If there's anything more to say, it is that once you're in low-sec, and you know who the local pirates are, befriending them should be a top priority. They may not want to be associated with miners and ratters, but if you can offer to let them know of any shiny target you see or provide them with ships and mods at a discount (or just without having to go to High-sec to get it), they might want to keep on good terms with you. The only thing more important than lots of ISK at hand is free Intel or a steady supply of ships. And maybe, just maybe, they'll be willing to help you keep your little POS safer. And if nobody knows of your little teamwork, it won't be a problem to anyone. Either way, being friends with those nasty pirates you hate is better than being one of their targets.

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#23 - 2012-06-18 12:55:31 UTC
Nice guide!

While I discovered all of it already on my own when I decided to start living more in low sec. ( High sec exploration was getting dull, and I also hate missions ), I learned doing a lot of the things you suggested. Also, having a few good encoutners with some of the local pirates and giving them a good run for their money ( generally not killing them as I didn't have a point, but enough to send them packing ) earned me some respect about not messing with me.
Add to that that yes, I did provide a bit of intel once in a whle to them when I saw it, as well as being an industrialist, and offering them good deals on ships, modules and whatnot I produced, they considered having me around an asset, not a target.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Stellar Wanderer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-06-20 10:49:39 UTC
nice guide. A PDF would be better then Txt surely?
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-06-22 22:54:06 UTC
Stellar Wanderer wrote:

Yeah I agree. Had some problems with Adobe recently but I've re-DL'd it and am going to publish it again in a nicer format, complete with pictures and corrections etc. Watch that space.
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-07-06 09:13:46 UTC
Bumping for more reads
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-07-25 23:22:18 UTC
Bumping again for SCIENCE!
Abon
Pandorum Research Incorporated
#28 - 2012-07-26 20:02:55 UTC
Nice guide indeed!
Bridgette d'Iberville
Better Killing Through Chemistry
#29 - 2012-07-26 20:28:33 UTC
Good guide, would read again.

May be a bit of a corner case, but I would add Ladar sites to the list. If you're in a region in which they spawn, lowsec Ladar cloud sites are WAY more profitable than the Hi-Sec versions.

"I considered a career in griefing, but then realized that I would never achieve the level of tear generation that CCP manages to do each and every expansion."

Ginger Barbarella
#30 - 2012-07-26 22:49:28 UTC
Durbon Groth wrote:
Stellar Wanderer wrote:

Yeah I agree. Had some problems with Adobe recently but I've re-DL'd it and am going to publish it again in a nicer format, complete with pictures and corrections etc. Watch that space.

Durban, I cleaned up the text file and put it into a clean PDF format for ya. If you want I can either mail you a link to the PDF, or I can link it here. Great guide, more than willing to help out with the formatting (part of what I do for a living)!

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-07-27 03:44:11 UTC
Quote:
Durban, I cleaned up the text file and put it into a clean PDF format for ya. If you want I can either mail you a link to the PDF, or I can link it here. Great guide, more than willing to help out with the formatting (part of what I do for a living)!

Please link! That would be really helpful thanks. Been very busy lately both IRL and in-game (delve war; it's been fun!) and I'm a terrible procrastinator.
Thanks loads!
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-08-31 12:25:01 UTC
Bumping for all the pods that return from Tama
Deena Amaj
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-09-06 16:38:41 UTC
Kudos for the guide.
I've been living in 0.0 for ages, but Lowsec is much more challenging at various points. Good read.

I just can't figure if one can use expendable T1 cruisers for Exploration Sites like Radar/Mag or if Myrm/Drakes are mandatory.

Since you mentioned lowsec PI, I wanted to ask something small, if it is not too revealing:
Since you mentioned only dropping by like once per month, does that mean you just set the extraction timer to maximum and do all the production on one planet alone?

I've been doing the more aggressive "Harvest Planets like stupid for mats -> bring it all to a production planet" tactic, but that was pretty much old school and I don't know if it is smarter to do it otherwise.

I never tried a longer extractor cycle myself. I always did a 3 day cycle; dropping by, picking up stuff and resetting stuff.

confirthisposmed

I'm probably typing on a Tablet too, which means the auto-correct is silly and fixing typos is a pain. I ain't fixing them.

Ander Jarsen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-09-19 01:03:30 UTC
Incredible post. I've Done highsec and 0.0 but, lowsec has always been the "I really don't like being here" place for me. I've just returned to Eve and was welcomed back with a podding while I was trying get back to Highsec from a station that had changed hands while I was away.

This has encouraged me to give lowsec a shot. Maybe all the money isn't just in 0.0 Shocked

Thank you!

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#35 - 2012-09-19 05:27:53 UTC
Low Sec!

Having high standings and playing in low sec is posible.
You just can't live there all the time.

Cheers on the guide.
Darjeeling Oolong
#36 - 2012-09-19 17:56:21 UTC
Nice Guide.

Confirming Lowsec is awesome.

Lowsec carebearing is even awesomer

Running gate camps is probably more exciting than sitting in them.
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-09-29 12:50:41 UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!

To Deena: I produce P2 materials like rocket fuel and oxides on a single planet. I set my planets up, using a launchpad or 2 for storage and run them on ~20 hour cycles until they're full. It takes a while (around a month) but soon enough you have a good few hundred mill sitting waiting to be picked up. A few trips with a blockade runner and it's all in highsec ready to sell. Regarding explo sites, IMO tech 2 cruisers are the best ship to run them in. Alright tech 3's are probably better but I hate recommending them as people often rush into them and it's annoying seeing noobs flying tengus.

to Darjeeling: Running gate camps is Definitely more exciting than sitting in them!
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#38 - 2012-10-01 12:56:44 UTC
Nice guide.

Also, once you get a stealth bomber, the bad guys tend to leave you alone.

Twisted

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Glenn MacTavish
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-10-01 14:32:54 UTC
Awesome guide :)

Self Proclaimed Miner!

Frank Pannon
Tea Tactics
#40 - 2012-10-02 11:16:44 UTC
Good guide about the basics, hope it helps a few highsec people to make the first steps.

Thank you for taking the effort of collecting it.
Previous page123Next page