These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
Spineker
#161 - 2012-06-06 02:56:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Many people will avoid a tengu over say a faction fit Mara or Faction Battleship.

The reason is simple. Tengu is fast hard to hit and if not scrammed, webbed it is almost impossible to keep it from warping. With D-scan a tengu can mission or rat in any system. Only takes a little common sense. I use to fly Mara which was like turning a whale to warp but even then I was always aligned to a planet or station or gate. Insta warp.

Your Tengu will be safe Tyberious just use its speed run out to 100 50 or 110 kicks from the warp in zone and kill the mission objectives. I can kill at 110+km with a tengu no need to hover around the warp in becon. Just hit afterburn run out to your max kill range. Even if they come in with stealth you will see them come in they can't use gates stealthed.

EHP is subjective, I run two small shield boosters that cost less than 100 mil when I bought them. They can absorb a lot of damage. Also get an alt and dual box 2 tengus is far more dangerous than 1.

Not to mention it is hard to jam even in a baseline 35 sensor strength which is 9 more than Mach and 25 more than Mara. Can't track it, can't jam it, can't reach it. 3 rules to live by.
Spineker
#162 - 2012-06-06 02:59:14 UTC
Degren wrote:
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:
Degren wrote:
Welps, I was hoping to put something like this together.

Tornados vs boost tanked mach...har har har.

Lot of mission ships in .5-.7 space by default.

why arent you guys behind this idea? Too much fight?

Pretty sure I just said I was. A 22 day old member of a large alliance doesn't have much pull.

PS: There is no fighting in a gank. There is death and laughter. Don't make the mistake of thinking a mission ship has a chance.

PPS: Don't have so much feel

Boring mission ship has no chance? Seriously what crack are you smoking? Especially Tengu.

yeah they die all ships die but a Tengu in the right hands you are silly. If they were that easy to kill everyone would do it.
Sid Hudgens
Doomheim
#163 - 2012-06-06 03:15:10 UTC
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:

Wait till Goons get behind this one too lol

Hey wait... why arent they

Well, I would imagine you'd have to evaluate how this will increase demand for tech to figure that out. It's used for marauder hulls but I don't see that many of those flying around really. (Maybe that's just due to the areas I frequent.) I'm not sure if tech is used in building a tengu, it certainly isn't used for faction BS hulls. So then you're left with T2 modules and I don't think that will compare much with the amount of tech that goes into something like ... I dunno ... a hulk.

But hey what am I talking about - goons sponsoring hulkageddon is all about "emergent gameplay" and has nothing to do with isk. Roll

"....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced."

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2012-06-06 04:31:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
Spineker wrote:
Boring mission ship has no chance? Seriously what crack are you smoking? Especially Tengu.

yeah they die all ships die but a Tengu in the right hands you are silly. If they were that easy to kill everyone would do it.

"The right hands" don't run missions.

Tornado alpha best alpha. No one does it cause killing hulks is funnier and are in set locations (mine belts)

People willing to kill mission ships (scan them down, track them, bait them) do so on a regular basis.

Sometimes in iteron V's

Hello, hello again.

EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#165 - 2012-06-06 04:33:23 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Tornado alpha best alpha.

Money where your mouth is... Surely you could win the contest were what you were saying true
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#166 - 2012-06-06 04:34:44 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Tornado alpha best alpha. No one does it cause killing hulks is funnier and are in set locations (mine belts)

People willing to kill mission ships (scan them down, track them, bait them) do so on a regular basis.

Sometimes in iteron V's

Wow, what a macho internet database operator you must be. "The right hands" are not playing Eve at all.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#167 - 2012-06-06 04:35:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:
Money where your mouth is... Surely you could win the contest were what you were saying true

No one wants to lose 8 or so tornados per kill for a single plex.

Ban Bindy wrote:
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Sometimes in iteron V's

Wow, what a macho internet database operator you must be.

I'm sorry, was I epeen stroking? I didn't think I was, since I didn't mention anything about what I do.

Awkward! I think you're mad, bro!

Quote:
"The right hands" are not playing Eve at all.

How is that different from what I said?

Hello, hello again.

Spineker
#168 - 2012-06-06 04:43:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Tornado hitting a tengu at 100+ with large guns? ALPHA STRIKE ALPHA SCRATCH. What happens when I get under your guns genius? You die in 2 or 4 volleys in your paper tiger... Oh wait there is going to be 10 of you vs. 1 WOW epeeness from null sec or drop a cap on me?

The Right hands don't run missions? I have done everything in this game from Null Sec to "Pirate" to small gang to fleet action. What makes you think you know anything? Because you won battles with more people than the enemy? WOW I mean WOW.
Spineker
#169 - 2012-06-06 04:45:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Degren wrote:
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:

No one wants to lose 8 or so tornados per kill for a single plex.

Ban Bindy wrote:
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Sometimes in iteron V's

Wow, what a macho internet database operator you must be. "The right hands" are not playing Eve at all.

I'm sorry, was I epeen stroking? I didn't think I was, since I didn't mention anything about what I do.

Awkward! I think you're mad, bro!

Yes you were stroking. Your tornado is ****.

Please come attack me with your tornado please.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#170 - 2012-06-06 04:46:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
Spineker wrote:
Tornado hitting a tengu at 100+ with large guns? ALPHA STRIKE ALPHA SCRATCH. What happens when I get under your guns genius? You die in 2 or 5 volleys.

The Right hands don't run missions? I have done everything in this game from Null Sec to "Pirate" to small gang to fleet action. What makes you think you know anything? Because you won battles with more people than the enemy? WOW I mean WOW.

Hi! Hello! Mission runners don't buffer fit. Often, they fit mission specific hardeners.

8 or so tornados will kill most mission running tengus, navy issue ravens, machs, etc, etc.

Grats to you for not being completely ********? Maybe? Something?

Hush now.

Spineker wrote:
Yes you were stroking. Your tornado is ****.

Please come attack me with your tornado please.

Oh I get it. You think I mean solo. Clearly, sweetcheeks, I mean group ganks. Even a weak buffer tank on a mission ship would stop a solo ganker.

Hello, hello again.

Spineker
#171 - 2012-06-06 04:47:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Tornado hitting a tengu at 100+ with large guns? ALPHA STRIKE ALPHA SCRATCH. What happens when I get under your guns genius? You die in 2 or 5 volleys.

Hi! Hello! Mission runners don't buffer fit. Often, they fit mission specific hardeners.

8 or so tornados will kill most mission running tengus, navy issue ravens, machs, etc, etc.

Grats to you for not being completely ********? Maybe? Something?

Hush now.

I don't use specifics, I use the same damn setup for every mission. All of my resist are 69+. What do you know you are too good to run missions and work for a living. You think it is so damned easy to dodge every tard in low sec and use D-Scan constantly and work and understand rats and idiots who would gank you in a moment? You don't know what you are talking about. Please bring your tornado and attack me.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#172 - 2012-06-06 04:47:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
Spineker wrote:
I don't use specifics, I use the same damn setup for every mission. All of my resist are 69+. What do you know you are too good to run missions and work for a living.

• Work for a living!

It's a video game.

Holy ****. I love your posts.

Hello, hello again.

Spineker
#173 - 2012-06-06 04:49:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
I don't use specifics, I use the same damn setup for every mission. All of my resist are 69+. What do you know you are too good to run missions and work for a living.

Work for a living.

It's a video game.

Holy ****. I love your posts.

Oh but you think your special for ganking people. Using 10 people to kill a hauler or a hulk. So badass dude so badass I need your picture to hang on the wall. Such internet warriors you people are. I would not kill a Hulk or a hauler I found in low sec because there is no thrill in it.

I bet you a billion isk I kill your tornado before you can align to run away.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#174 - 2012-06-06 04:51:19 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Oh but you think your special for ganking people. Using 10 people to kill a hauler or a hulk. So badass dude so badass I need your picture to hang on the wall. Such internet warriors you people are. I would not kill a Hulk or a hauler I found in low sec because there is not thrill in it.

Man, so many tears, and I didn't even gank anybody.

Nor have I.

You're just so mad, it's adorable.

Hello, hello again.

Spineker
#175 - 2012-06-06 04:52:48 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Oh but you think your special for ganking people. Using 10 people to kill a hauler or a hulk. So badass dude so badass I need your picture to hang on the wall. Such internet warriors you people are. I would not kill a Hulk or a hauler I found in low sec because there is not thrill in it.

Nor have I.

Tears? I laugh at you poor jokers you are pathetic.
Desi Valeri
Membrum Virile
#176 - 2012-06-06 04:53:29 UTC
Degren wrote:
Spineker wrote:

Nor have I.

Flawless Victory
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#177 - 2012-06-06 04:55:19 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Tears? I laugh at you poor jokers you are pathetic.

Emotions running high in Spineker's corner.

Hello, hello again.

Boomhaur
#178 - 2012-06-06 08:58:39 UTC
Little heads up to all would be suicide ganking Tengu haters. Try Caldari space, they have a bounus to kinetic missiles, the rats there to my knowledge is weak to kinetic damage. And solar systems with multiple lv4 security agents will probably be popular for lazy mission runners as they can decline missions once every 4h and not lose standing so in the mean time they can use the other agent in the same system for simplicity.

Here I have even done a bit of leg work for you of what is possibly some of the more popular areas. Mainly the ones with the most lv4 security agents in Caldari space.

Region: The Citadel, Solar System: Paara 0.8 space, 2x lv4 agents
Region: The Citadel. Solar System: Motsu 0.9 space, 2x lv4 agents
Region: The Citadel. Solar System: Kusomonmon 0.8 space, 2x lv4 agents
Region: The Citadel. Solar System: Eitu 0.5 space, 2x lv4 agents

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#179 - 2012-06-06 10:57:43 UTC
Degren wrote:
Tornado alpha best alpha. No one does it cause killing hulks is cheaper and easier, are defenceless anyway while mining in belts

First fixed some stuff Lol

yadayada old rabble high sec far too rich yadayada blahblah Tengus blahblah carebears blahblah

brb

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#180 - 2012-06-06 11:05:13 UTC
Boomhaur wrote:
Little heads up to all would be suicide ganking Tengu haters. Try Caldari space, they have a bounus to kinetic missiles, the rats there to my knowledge is weak to kinetic damage.

If you still find dudes missioning in Tengus with specific rat hardeners when subs at 5 lowest resist therm/kin is already -/+ 85%, those are idiots.
If you still find dudes that don't have at least 1K extra dmg type missiles in their cargo, those are idiots.

Everyone knows an idiot mission ganker will always fit hardeners accordingly to the ship he's baiting: Tengu will for sure not be EM.

Then a single large ancillary shield booster is nothing hard to fit in to Tengus Lol
If those haven't fitted one yet, those are idiots Lol

brb