These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#141 - 2012-06-05 18:36:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Wilma Lawson
Spineker wrote:
VaMei wrote:
Looks like it's time for me to park The Great Space Spud for a bit. I’ve been wondering how long the mission running loot piñatas would go unnoticed.

+1 for more emergent content.

What you think this is new or even exciting?

What is wrong with you people? This has been going on since the first mission ship slipped out of Jita during Beta.

"Emergent Content" what tard came up with that BS.

The Mittani.

Edit: Here's the link.
Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#142 - 2012-06-05 18:37:25 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Daemon Ceed wrote:
I doth protest the rules of this competition. There are many highsec carebears in Tengus that come and run sites in my lowsec system. Since I am a persona non-grata in highsec proper, I cannot participate in said contest. This makes pirate baby Jesus cry.

I'm a -10 too mate, I feel your pain.

Gankers whining about ganking? Shocked
Katja Faith
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-06-05 18:50:16 UTC
Wilma Lawson wrote:
Gankers whining about ganking? Shocked

No, just more people with bought toons spending more time on the Forums than actually playing the game. P
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#144 - 2012-06-05 19:26:25 UTC
Has anyone actually posted a kill under this event yet? Didn't see one.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Zyress
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#145 - 2012-06-05 19:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Zyress
I buffer fit my Tengu and it has a bigger tank, a smaller signature, more punch and more speed than my Drake or my Raven by a long shot, close to my Rohk, its only T2 fit and I'm pretty sure the alpha fleet that can take it out before a concord response is going to cost more than it does. Good luck with this.
Stan Smith
State War Academy
Caldari State
#146 - 2012-06-05 20:07:22 UTC
Dufuq did i just read?

☻/ /▌ / \ This is Bob, post him into your forum sig and help him conquer the forums.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#147 - 2012-06-05 20:10:52 UTC
Is anyone actually participating in this?
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#148 - 2012-06-05 21:05:53 UTC
Zyress wrote:
I buffer fit my Tengu and it has a bigger tank, a smaller signature, more punch and more speed than my Drake or my Raven by a long shot, close to my Rohk, its only T2 fit and I'm pretty sure the alpha fleet that can take it out before a concord response is going to cost more than it does. Good luck with this.

Good for you.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2012-06-05 21:19:16 UTC
Tengu pilots:

We have you surrounded by two slashers, a navitus, and an extremely annoying internet troll in a exequror. Surrender now or we sick the internet troll on you.
Doc Jackville
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#150 - 2012-06-05 22:56:40 UTC
Ok, so this crap is really going on..C'mon now. I've been missioning for ever and never had someone warp in until today. ****, scared the pissed out of me. I had worked hard missioning since i can only play hour a day. Six months of grinding, down the pisser.
To the OP, thanks again for giving the griefers some other reason to make us wanna quit the game.
Rengerel en Distel
#151 - 2012-06-06 00:02:25 UTC
Doc Jackville wrote:
Ok, so this crap is really going on..C'mon now. I've been missioning for ever and never had someone warp in until today. ****, scared the pissed out of me. I had worked hard missioning since i can only play hour a day. Six months of grinding, down the pisser.
To the OP, thanks again for giving the griefers some other reason to make us wanna quit the game.

if you've been grinding missions for 6 months, you should be able to replace your ship about 20 times over ... not to say your other point is untrue ...

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2012-06-06 01:11:54 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Doc Jackville wrote:

if you've been grinding missions for 6 months, you should be able to replace your ship about 20 times over ... not to say your other point is untrue ...

I've been doing this over a year and can't afford to replace any of my mission ships 20 times even though they are all T2 fit, but then I actually use the isk for things other than just sitting in my wallet.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#153 - 2012-06-06 01:14:20 UTC
Linna Excel wrote:
Tengu pilots:

We have you surrounded by two slashers, a navitus, and an extremely annoying internet troll in a exequror. Surrender now or we sick the internet troll on you.

I see what you did here.

Fear the Execuror.

Cool

brb

EVE Roy Mustang
Doomheim
#154 - 2012-06-06 02:18:35 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
By the way, the competition is officially open.

Happy ganking.

Look, the wanna be Mittani
Spineker
#155 - 2012-06-06 02:25:02 UTC
How many dead Tengus tonight any score count? masterbater can't even go to highsec to try out his elite ganking skills since he is too busy doing what? He claims he destroys Hulks but how is that if he on the other side of his face says he is -10. I mission in Low Sec and never seen him.
Spineker
#156 - 2012-06-06 02:27:05 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

No because it takes skills and NO FAKE FREE ALTS to kill Tengu. If Tengus were so easy to kill it would be on going already.
Spineker
#157 - 2012-06-06 02:29:38 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Doc Jackville wrote:

BS is BS we all know what it is. Smell funny and is mushy like the OP
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#158 - 2012-06-06 02:45:17 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

No because it takes skills and NO FAKE FREE ALTS to kill Tengu. If Tengus were so easy to kill it would be on going already.

It is going on already, it just isn't commonplace. Only suicide gank I've ever done was a tengu, killed it with a few maelstroms back before the insurance nerf.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#159 - 2012-06-06 02:50:05 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

It is going on already, it just isn't commonplace. Only suicide gank I've ever done was a tengu, killed it with a few maelstroms back before the insurance nerf.

But was it because it was a Tengu or just for the mods on it? I just bought a tengu too : (
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2012-06-06 02:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:
Degren wrote:
Welps, I was hoping to put something like this together.

Tornados vs boost tanked mach...har har har.

Lot of mission ships in .5-.7 space by default.

why arent you guys behind this idea? Too much fight?

Pretty sure I just said I was. A 22 day old member of a large alliance doesn't have much pull.

PS: There is no fighting in a gank. There is death and laughter. Don't make the mistake of thinking a mission ship has a chance.

PPS: Don't have so much feel

Richard Desturned wrote:
Problem with alphaing Tengus is that any smart pilot will orbit something with his AB running. 1400s won't track that well, so your best bet is to find them on a gate. Problem there is that they align fast and you'd have to have scanned them on their way to your trap.

Hulks are flown by bears who think they are completely safe with 6k EHP in a full yield fit. Many (if not most) Tengu pilots know that they're flying ISK pinatas and will take steps to mitigate the risk involved.

Many are also bots, and many are also bought characters/isk. All those failfit tengu links are encouraging

Hello, hello again.