These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2012-06-05 07:27:20 UTC
Flakey Foont wrote:
A completely different demographic than Hulk gankers...

Yeah, shoot at targets that can shoot back?

"Real" PvPers no likey!

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#102 - 2012-06-05 07:37:42 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Rustling wrote:
Honor, dignity.

She said "of value"

She was right.

I believe that our game selves reflect a little of the person behind it.

Tal

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#103 - 2012-06-05 07:42:21 UTC
Good idea, however gankers now a days aren't looking for a challenge. Hence why Hulkaggedon is so popular because its easier then shooting rats. Never understood how people can find it fun.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Kerist Lafayette
The Lafayette Family
#104 - 2012-06-05 07:54:15 UTC
I swear I read "Tonguegeddon" in the forum window. My brain got dislocated trying to think of a way to compete.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#105 - 2012-06-05 08:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
I don't get it - why limit to missioning ships only?

It could be logical to include all ships in hi-sec assuming they are varios forms of carebears. Especially those easy to spot targets without any tank like ganking geddons and BCs. Tornados, nagas, oracles have just paper tank a-la hulk or even less. Surely they are inexpensive - but they are easy to find and there are many of these at every gate in 0.5-0.7 systems + in Jita. And they can be ganked by few cheap destroyers.

It's a miracle nobody offered this yet.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#106 - 2012-06-05 08:29:27 UTC
I can see allot of hi sec mission runners re-fitting for gank and hoping : )

Oh like someone else said if you come in and see jamming NPC rats, would you mind awfully old chap, thiers a good sausage. Lol

Tal

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#107 - 2012-06-05 09:09:03 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Good idea, however gankers now a days aren't looking for a challenge. Hence why Hulkaggedon is so popular because its easier then shooting rats. Never understood how people can find it fun.

But shooting rats is fun.
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#108 - 2012-06-05 09:24:54 UTC
Ageddon is over, from this point on its just Goonbuttsniffageddon until next year.
ctx2007
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2012-06-05 09:32:08 UTC
why not mittanigeddon or ccpgeddon, this concept is wearing thin.

Just stick to how you play EVE best and enjoy it.

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#110 - 2012-06-05 09:35:03 UTC
This is a good ideia, EvE needs a cleansing of Tengus.

The Tears Must Flow

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#111 - 2012-06-05 09:42:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Desturned
Problem with alphaing Tengus is that any smart pilot will orbit something with his AB running. 1400s won't track that well, so your best bet is to find them on a gate. Problem there is that they align fast and you'd have to have scanned them on their way to your trap.

Hulks are flown by bears who think they are completely safe with 6k EHP in a full yield fit. Many (if not most) Tengu pilots know that they're flying ISK pinatas and will take steps to mitigate the risk involved.

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#112 - 2012-06-05 09:52:40 UTC
ctx2007 wrote:
why not mittanigeddon or ccpgeddon, this concept is wearing thin.

Just stick to how you play EVE best and enjoy it.

The point of these geddons is that this is already how people play EVE, and people are creating competitions out of it.

Emergent Gameplay FTW.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2012-06-05 10:04:17 UTC
Shocked

Contest to gank high level mission runners in high security.

Lol

DMC

P.S.
Guess you never heard the ole saying - "Best to let sleeping dogs lie."

Basically that means you shouldn't disturb or provoke something as the end result is usually bad for those who do.
Cushi
Planet Buffy
#114 - 2012-06-05 10:15:26 UTC
Sycotic Deninard wrote:
Ganking a Tengu in high sec is'nt as easy as it sounds or else people would be doing it already. Try ganking a passive fit Tengu and see how easy it is. Shocked

Personally I think all the action we are going to see from this event is right here on the forums and not in game.

It happens regularly. Standard mission fit just takes 6 destroyers. Passive fits are the minority.
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#115 - 2012-06-05 10:16:45 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Lol

DMC

P.S.

Basically that means you shouldn't disturb or provoke something as the end result is usually bad for those who do.

Yeah best not to awaken the SLEEPING DRAGON of fierce dangerous badass mission runners. If anyone tries to mess with that dangerous bunch of rootin' tootin' fightin' bitin' die-hards they'll KNOW they've stepped into a WORLD OF HURT, boy.

And by that I mean a TWENTY PERCENT hike in the price of faction ammo.

Yeah, I though that'd make you just walk on by, boy. Good thinking there you just keep RIGHT ON WALKING. Say hi to your momma and your sister from me when you get home, ya hear?
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#116 - 2012-06-05 10:20:54 UTC
Pheusia wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Shocked

Lol

DMC

P.S.

Yeah best not to awaken the SLEEPING DRAGON of fierce dangerous badass mission runners. If anyone tries to mess with that dangerous bunch of rootin' tootin' fightin' bitin' die-hards they'll KNOW they've stepped into a WORLD OF HURT, boy.

Yeah, I though that'd make you just walk on by, boy. Good thinking there you just keep RIGHT ON WALKING. Say hi to your momma and your sister from me when you get home, ya hear?

But most mission runners are enjoying the hike in faction ammo as they probably produce it : )

Thats right keep on walking Lol

Tal

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#117 - 2012-06-05 10:26:17 UTC
Pheusia wrote:

Sure am glad I use pirate faction ammo, when I use faction ammo Pirate

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

HaxTis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-06-05 10:50:18 UTC
Put the prize pool with a 3rd party and I'll start fitting my ships yesterday.
VaMei
Meafi Corp
#119 - 2012-06-05 11:02:40 UTC
Looks like it's time for me to park The Great Space Spud for a bit. I’ve been wondering how long the mission running loot piñatas would go unnoticed.

+1 for more emergent content.
Proteus Maximus
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#120 - 2012-06-05 11:51:20 UTC
Boooop wrote:
nonames nofaces wrote:
All it takes is some decent probing skills and some time.

I don't think this will be very successful. It's just easier to kill an unaware hulk and you can do it with a week old character.

I stereotype gank pilots as lazy and only want easy targets using a throw away alt.."Fixed"

If Goons were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.