These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
Spineker
#81 - 2012-06-05 03:11:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Gianath wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Gianath wrote:
If my Tengu happens to kill all of these wannabe-gankers that stumble into my deadspace assuming I'm a lol-fit carebear, are you going to pay me a plex too?

It's only fair.

I have been "ganked" in low sec and they ran away. Of course dual box Tengus is a little more interesting for "gankers" than Hulks mining.

If my math is right, 4 Tornado pilots just got a 2 billion (1 billion for ship, 1 billion for mods) killmail for a loss of 100M.
A 95% efficiency.

Plus, they recouped their losses if 500M from ganked boat drops.

Maybe. I can see slow-moving afk'ers like a domi or rattlesnake falling to this, since they are probably watching youtube in a browser window and not exactly expecting anything that didn't happen the first 2000 times they did this mission. These probably aren't going to drop many faction mods, if any. Many probably won't even have T2 mods, since level 4's can be done without a lot of training if you go with a drone boat.

As you said though, the Tengus which are supposedly the reason for the event, are not going to be sitting still... they will be 100km from the warp in point, going pretty fast, and will likely warp out as soon as you show up on grid and long before you can lock and fire a shot.

Maybe you will get a lazy or scrammed tengu, but most people flying a Tengu are either ready for a fight, or super paranoid and ready to run at the first hint of conflict anyway.

But, let's see where this goes. I'll be happy for the adrenaline rush.

Paranoid right, I run a good many missions in low sec. Never lost a real ship there in years, lost a badger I think was last one with pod but oh well. That was in COSMOS which I didn't doubt would happen sooner or later in low sec. However when running low sec missions which most of the places are dead of players. When players jump in just do a D-scan look for combat probes and if they are deployed run around making the 3 or 4 players waste their time scanning down and poof they get sick of it. I get lawls of wasting their time. Is funny when they start yelling about a "fair fight" and all that. Just Dscan when new players pop into your mission area if you see Combat Probes start moving around they get all red faced.

A damn bit different than non-moving Hulks which any tard could attack.
Spineker
#82 - 2012-06-05 03:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
masternerdguy wrote:
Gianath wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Spineker wrote:
Gianath wrote:
If my Tengu happens to kill all of these wannabe-gankers that stumble into my deadspace assuming I'm a lol-fit carebear, are you going to pay me a plex too?

It's only fair.

I have been "ganked" in low sec and they ran away. Of course dual box Tengus is a little more interesting for "gankers" than Hulks mining.

If my math is right, 4 Tornado pilots just got a 2 billion (1 billion for ship, 1 billion for mods) killmail for a loss of 100M.
A 95% efficiency.

Plus, they recouped their losses if 500M from ganked boat drops.

Maybe. I can see slow-moving afk'ers like a domi or rattlesnake falling to this, since they are probably watching youtube in a browser window and not exactly expecting anything that didn't happen the first 2000 times they did this mission. These probably aren't going to drop many faction mods, if any. Many probably won't even have T2 mods, since level 4's can be done without a lot of training if you go with a drone boat.

As you said though, the Tengus which are supposedly the reason for the event, are not going to be sitting still... they will be 100km from the warp in point, going pretty fast, and will likely warp out as soon as you show up on grid and long before you can lock and fire a shot.

Maybe you will get a lazy or scrammed tengu, but most people flying a Tengu are either ready for a fight, or super paranoid and ready to run at the first hint of conflict anyway.

But, let's see where this goes. I'll be happy for the adrenaline rush.

I'd just alpha them when they undock.

Tengus? Really? You realize in danger areas most tengu pilots have a straight out jump point right? About 400 clicks off the front of the dock. How will you do that?

Do you really think ganking mission ships is something you invented? Really? LAWL
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#83 - 2012-06-05 03:18:38 UTC
Spineker wrote:

Tengus? Really? You realize in danger areas most tengu pilots have a straight out jump point right? About 400 clicks off the front of the dock. How will you do that?

And hulk pilots always fit a tankCool

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Spineker
#84 - 2012-06-05 03:19:04 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Spineker wrote:

And hulk pilots always fit a tankCool

Oh you are so badass! I am impressed dudette! Think I will quit playing!
Spineker
#85 - 2012-06-05 03:22:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Ocular Shadows wrote:
Fun Fact: Join a new MMO/Online game and say that X server is going to be the official Goon server on the forums. Watch all the hate and whining pour forth.

Depends on the game. In WoW there are a few "Goon Squads" that are barely known to the greater community save for whacky hijinks. Most of the people that really freak out about us are Eve players and Second Life players. Eve players are well, special in how heavy they freak out, and most people in second life are furries. Need I say more?

In TSW I don't think anyone cares about the Goonimati. The world of Tanks clan has been chugging around forever. The draGoons are a respected part of the M&B community (Line battles are fun!).

So yeah really it's just Eve and Secondlife.

In Eve we're just doing what a thousand other pirate corps are doing daily on a larger scale. In Second Life... well furries lol.

They actually play SecondLife? LOL of course they do hahahaha they need it.

I play M&B but never heard of any Goons there 51st 83rd et al.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#86 - 2012-06-05 03:35:47 UTC
Nuts, I was hoping few people would notice the ISK fountain that is blapping PVE Tengus.
nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-06-05 03:35:48 UTC
so that mean there going to have to scan a ship first i see.

"put scams and all my t2 bs ,faction bs and t3"

[13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

Sycotic Deninard
Basgerin Pirate
#88 - 2012-06-05 03:42:07 UTC
Ganking a Tengu in high sec is'nt as easy as it sounds or else people would be doing it already. Try ganking a passive fit Tengu and see how easy it is. Shocked

Personally I think all the action we are going to see from this event is right here on the forums and not in game.

A person that does'nt use his intelligence is no better than an animal that does'nt have any and thus are steaks on the table by choice and consent.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#89 - 2012-06-05 03:45:57 UTC
Spineker wrote:

W-hat and voted 5 in SL, both are regularly banned en masse due to griefing.

M&B is saDragoons, we've been doing a lot of EU and NA line battles. We're getting kind of known for heroic and suicidal charges.
Spineker
#90 - 2012-06-05 03:47:06 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Spineker wrote:

W-hat and voted 5 in SL, both are regularly banned en masse due to griefing.

M&B is saDragoons, we've been doing a lot of EU and NA line battles. We're getting kind of known for heroic and suicidal charges.

Ahh ok M&B rocks I will not comment on Secondlife just the name is funny. But yeah Suicidal bayonet charges are awesome!
nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-06-05 03:52:50 UTC  |  Edited by: nat longshot
Bossy Lady wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
We all know about ganking hulks, and it has had a mostly positive affect on EVE gameplay (only downside is it generating carebear entitlement posts in GD).

However, suicide gankers focusing on hulks has left out some pretty juicy loot pinatas.

The typical mission ship has minimal EHP for its class because it focuses on active tanking incoming damage. However, it doesn't matter if you can active tank when you're facing alpha.

Did you know that many tengu pilots have less than 15k EHP? These tengus cost upwards of 2, 3, even 5 billion isk in high value faction/deadspace mods.

Bearing in mind that hulkageddon is now infinite, I hereby announce a new competition.

The character who kills the most ISK in Carebear Marauders and Strategic Cruisers by June 25, 2012 EST will recieve a free PLEX from everyone's favorite forum warrior masternerdguy.

The competition will open on June 5, 2012 EST.
Read on for competition rules

1. All destroyed PVE ships must be destroyed in hi security space (0.5 sec status or higher)
  2. Vanilla EVE-Kill will be used to evaluate the market value of a ship at the end of the competition.
  3. To be considered, you must send an EVE-Mail of your successful gank to masternerdguy. Please include a killboard link using EVE-Kill in said mail.
  4. Only API verified kills will be counted, API verified by vanilla EVE-Kill.
  5. Only Marauder and Strategic Cruiser kills will be counted in this competition.
  6. The guy you ganked cannot carry any warp disruptors or warp scramblers. If they carry one, they are not a hi sec PVE ship anymore.

As an additional bonus the guy who loses the most expensive mission boat because of this competition will receive a free consolation prize.

Fly safe.

Why not Faction BS as well?

my god another loser that cant handle the war dec sytsem

[13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#92 - 2012-06-05 04:04:36 UTC
By the way, the competition is officially open.

Happy ganking.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Large Marg
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2012-06-05 04:04:53 UTC
You'd think this Masterbaterguy would not have to bribe players to do his bidding cause he and his girl scouts can do it themselves.

Go figure.
The gears of a ganker grind exceedingly dumb.
Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#94 - 2012-06-05 04:08:56 UTC
Spineker wrote:
I hope 4 asswipes try to gank my Nighthawk. Will be funny to watch the splodingtard fleet from Concord. Yeah try this and I will break it out and let us see how 3 or 4 of you can break it with your 5 million isk ships. Will be good for an Ale night LAWL.

One more Nerf with CCP retards breaking the hi-sec game and they can stick this and Dust up their arse. For good.

+1 I'd love to see that too Big smile
Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#95 - 2012-06-05 04:22:04 UTC
While you are there in my Level 4 Assault, Do you mind killing a few of those jamming battleships for me while I wait for CONCORD to gank you?
hedge betts Shiyurida
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-06-05 04:40:29 UTC
Boooop wrote:
nonames nofaces wrote:
All it takes is some decent probing skills and some time.

I don't think this will be very successful. It's just easier to kill an unaware hulk and you can do it with a week old character.
I think thats the point

Pog mo thoin

Spineker
#97 - 2012-06-05 04:42:14 UTC
I didn't get ganked tonight. Whew! I thought I was dead for sures!
Bossy Lady
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#98 - 2012-06-05 05:43:20 UTC
EVE Roy Mustang wrote:
Ocular Shadows wrote:
Fun Fact: Join a new MMO/Online game and say that X server is going to be the official Goon server on the forums. Watch all the hate and whining pour forth.

Yeah its called "putting a target on your back" there
Except THERE Ill take you on lol
Where Im not losing anything of value rofl

What "of value" are you losing in EVE?

Posting on this character because apparently some people get upset when they're asked difficult questions. M.

Rustling
Doomheim
#99 - 2012-06-05 06:31:52 UTC
Bossy Lady wrote:

What "of value" are you losing in EVE?

Honor, dignity.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2012-06-05 06:32:30 UTC
Rustling wrote:
Honor, dignity.

She said "of value"

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["